• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I really hate the bonus AP scaling ratios they added to supports. It's most pervasive on Lulu but I feel it was a big hit to all AP supports.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the idea had potential, specially for interesting scaling for midlaners, but then rito forgot about it

like i wish ori's w slow+speedup scaled with ap, that would be pretty satisfying

Nekofrog

Banned
i mean, pantheon the champion itself is fine

for some reason riot decided to put in so much cheap flat armor pen into the game that now pantheon doesn't fall off after 17 minutes but instead is just as much BS all game as he used to be for only the early part

Newt

I missed the whole discussion. Basically a summary of my response.

1. I'm a toxic player but I'm really not that toxic. I've never been banned or chat restricted. I really try to avoid getting pissed at people I play with especially. I mostly try to get people to dodge.

2. I don't really consider banning a champion that you don't want on your team toxic behavior, especially if they have poor stats on said champion.

3. If the Yasuo had the record to back it up, we wouldn't have banned it for sure. He has a 1.8 KDA and a 49% winrate, which wasn't good enough for me.

4. Diamond 5 is shitty enough as it is, I'm not gonna make it harder for myself.

5. Yes I get kicks out of it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
he just admitted to being toxic, costy drop the ban hammer

If guys like Tyler1 and DoToT only get banned from super popular reddit posts, Newt isn't going anywhere. More than likely the people who insult and rage at Ghost and Newt will get banned first.

Newt

he just admitted to being toxic, costy drop the ban hammer
Ummm, I mean I'm a nice non-toxic support main that's in Gold III Ign: Nice Newt nice to meet you guys.

Right now I'm trying to farm up my blue ribbon so if you guys see me around in blind pick be sure to give me the "helpful" honor.

Honestly banning a champion in champ select is not toxic. If you get a ban then you should use that ban for whatever the hell you want. If you don't want to play against something, you don't have to play against it. If you don't want to play with something you don't have to play with it. If someone can only play one champ it's not my duty to make sure they get it in ranked. If I've had plenty of bad experiences with Yasuo and I don't want to risk it in ranked then that is my choice. There are plenty of things you can do to be toxic in this game, but banning a champ doesn't feel like one to me.

fucking tilted in my promos. get the worst teams

lost promos 0-3. sigh fuck this game I'am out

Why are you always blaming teammates?

There's no need to get that mad over a promo loss. Your chances of getting promoted only increase if you fail a promo, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Nekofrog

Banned
Honestly banning a champion in champ select is not toxic. If you get a ban then you should use that ban for whatever the hell you want. If you don't want to play against something, you don't have to play against it. If you don't want to play with something you don't have to play with it. If someone can only play one champ it's not my duty to make sure they get it in ranked. If I've had plenty of bad experiences with Yasuo and I don't want to risk it in ranked then that is my choice. There are plenty of things you can do to be toxic in this game, but banning a champ doesn't feel like one to me.

werlyb: "wtf they keep banning jax, that's all i can play. pause lobby, get referee, FNATIC is being toxic again"

i know it's a totally different situation, i just wanted to type the name werlyb. try it, it's pretty fun

There's no need to get that mad over a promo loss. Your chances of getting promoted only increase if you fail a promo, so I don't see what the big deal is.

lots of people attach their pride and self esteem to success/failure, even if it's in a multiplayer video game where not all matters are in your control.

garath

fucking tilted in my promos. get the worst teams

lost promos 0-3. sigh fuck this game I'am out

Don't lose faith. I'm ashamed to admit I went into gold promos 3 times before I finally made it through lol. On the bright side, you get a free win next time you make it to promos. You'll be 1-0 immediately.

And the very first time I ever made it to gold it was after starting silver 1, getting to promos, losing, going on a horrid losing streak to drop to silver 2 then finally climbing back and making it.

I haven't been lower than gold for 3 seasons after that (till this season's stricter placements)

TheFlow

Banned

least I get a free win.
most of the time when games are really close that one teammate being out of postion allows the other team to take objectives. or having a garen mid who goes 0/6. they add up mane.

I am not saying it is always the teammates fault because lord knows I made some mistakes per game but when your lane wins and the others lose it is depressing because it is literally out of your control. you can't make someone a better player.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30611464#matches/2120779899

in two of the games I lost in my promo series I had the most vision wards bought, wards placed, and one of the lowest death total. Might switch it up and play some zyra

zkylon

zkylewd
sona_by_npye13-d9uoxo7.jpg

patchday

least I get a free win.
most of the time when games are really close that one teammate being out of postion allows the other team to take objectives. or having a garen mid who goes 0/6. they add up mane.

I am not saying it is always the teammates fault because lord knows I made some mistakes per game but when your lane wins and the others lose it is depressing because it is literally out of your control. you can't make someone a better player.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30611464#matches/2120779899

in two of the games I lost in my promo series I had the most vision wards bought, wards placed, and one of the lowest death total. Might switch it up and play some zyra

I tried to be Nami earlier but I dare to let my team pick my support char and they choose Leona.

Yeah I sometimes get bad teammates but I am pretty bad too sometimes so I cant complain. my guess is if they were to listen to my criticism and I listen to theirs- we would all be out of bronze

Nekofrog

Banned
TheFlow said:
haha I am just so eager to get to GOLD! but I will take it easy.

bro 2 seasons ago i went from gold 1 series for first time plat and bombed all the way to gold 5 0 lp. this was midway through the season

it took me like 4 months to fully untilt myself. i didnt make plat until after season 4 ended, during the post/pre season. i made it, but i didn't get the reward for it. all that mattered was i made it.

finished last season plat 2 (never got past it), right now i'm plat 3 100 LP in promos but i literally get like 2 games in every 3-4 days, so the climb will be agonizingly slow for me.

Niiiiice.

Me and Neko always check up Mid/Top laners to see whether we need to ban Yasuo/Zed

then we giggle like schoolgirls at the free win we're about to have when the enemy locks in yasuo :D :D :D

TheFlow

Banned
bro 2 seasons ago i went from gold 1 series for first time plat and bombed all the way to gold 5 0 lp. this was midway through the season

it took me like 4 months to fully untilt myself. i didnt make plat until after season 4 ended, during the post/pre season. i made it, but i didn't get the reward for it. all that mattered was i made it.

finished last season plat 2 (never got past it), right now i'm plat 3 100 LP in promos but i literally get like 2 games in every 3-4 days, so the climb will be agonizingly slow for me.
Damn son that is crazy. Plat is my dream

Never getting out of Bronze. I give up.

I have bad games and make mistakes, but there's just too much to overcome. Even if I play perfect, I can't win because my teammates are horrific human beings. I don't trust any of them to do anything right because they never do.

This game makes me feel like I want to cry so it's probably for the best I take a long, long break from it. Everyone makes me feel like shit. :(

pigeon

Banned

I mean, I don't think much of this argument. Sure, God gave everybody the right to ban whoever they want (and by everybody I mean only 3/5s of everybody because of the Firstpickers Compromise), but, like, if a teammate shows a champ intent and you ban them, you're just going to piss them off, tilt them, and make your team more likely to lose or them to dodge. I don't see any way that that isn't toxic unless your definition of toxic is "can I get reported for this." And the main reason you can't get reported for that is that Riot still hasn't implemented a good reporting system.

I like Newt and he has never seemed toxic to me, like he never banned my Shen or anything and he's always positive in game, but he has posted stories in the thread that seem a little toxic to me. But he's said he only does it in champ select or in the endgame screen, which, I dunno, is a little better? Like at least you can always leave.

Also the biggest problem with banning somebody else's champ is probably just that it's negative EV. They're not likely to suddenly play better. Basically the goal is to try to make them dodge before you do. Which goes back to what I said before about dodging being kind of a lame mechanic because of its utility in climbing, except it's even better if you can reliably convince other people on your team to dodge games you don't want to play.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Never getting out of Bronze. I give up.

I have bad games and make mistakes, but there's just too much to overcome. Even if I play perfect, I can't win because my teammates are horrific human beings. I don't trust any of them to do anything right because they never do.

This game makes me feel like I want to cry so it's probably for the best I take a long, long break from it. Everyone makes me feel like shit. :(

just play for fun, don't stress about rank so hard

It's not even fun for me anymore when I feel like I play great and I just lose because people can't help but feed. I'm tired of my team getting its ass kicked every game because they chase and don't ward and don't take objectives when they're available and decide to build full AP on supports instead of utility or even a sightstone.

What the hell do I do when I can't even climb out of Bronze? I don't even know anymore. I don't feel like trying to get better and learn is having any discernible effect anymore. It feels worthless to try.

patchday

Yeah I got a string of losses. Today was my first victory in a loonnnggg time. Even in normals I got a bunch of losses (and I'm usually higher win nrate in Norms). Finally decided I just need to go back to Support role and snared a win.

Well I also started playing Smite on the side and they really helpoed me in this game. In Smiote, I always play tank characters in Arena mode. Tank/Guardians get raped in that mode if you dont pick the right defensive items to counter the enemy team. I brought over that knowledge to LoL now. Starting to build defense more. For instance, earlier Lux was giving my Leona probs. I built some magic def to counter and next thing I knew her ults no longer hurt and we straight up ganked her left & right

Nekofrog

Banned
I mean, I don't think much of this argument. Sure, God gave everybody the right to ban whoever they want (and by everybody I mean only 3/5s of everybody because of the Firstpickers Compromise), but, like, if a teammate shows a champ intent and you ban them, you're just going to piss them off, tilt them, and make your team more likely to lose or them to dodge. I don't see any way that that isn't toxic unless your definition of toxic is "can I get reported for this." And the main reason you can't get reported for that is that Riot still hasn't implemented a good reporting system.

I like Newt and he has never seemed toxic to me, like he never banned my Shen or anything and he's always positive in game, but he has posted stories in the thread that seem a little toxic to me. But he's said he only does it in champ select or in the endgame screen, which, I dunno, is a little better? Like at least you can always leave.

Also the biggest problem with banning somebody else's champ is probably just that it's negative EV. They're not likely to suddenly play better. Basically the goal is to try to make them dodge before you do. Which goes back to what I said before about dodging being kind of a lame mechanic because of its utility in climbing, except it's even better if you can reliably convince other people on your team to dodge games you don't want to play.

i had a game about a month ago where this guy said he wanted yasuo. i looked at his stats, he was garbagio, and i banned it saying "i'd rather not play with yasuo if you're still in the early stages of learning it". someone else in the lobby got mad that i'd do that, but the yasuo guy was like "he didn't feel comfortable with my stats on it, i understand and it's fine"

i forget what he picked mid after that but he carried with it. it was like the complete opposite of a yasuo type champion, too

he must have been a support main to be so nice for a yasuo player

pigeon

Banned
i had a game about a month ago where this guy said he wanted yasuo. i looked at his stats, he was garbagio, and i banned it saying "i'd rather not play with yasuo if you're still in the early stages of learning it". someone else in the lobby got mad that i'd do that, but the yasuo guy was like "he didn't feel comfortable with my stats on it, i understand and it's fine"

i forget what he picked mid after that but he carried with it. it was like the complete opposite of a yasuo type champion, too

Yeah, I remember that story. I mean it's a great, heartwarming story, but you must admit the reason you posted it was that it was totally out of keeping with what you would EXPECT to happen.

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah but my point is, not everyone out there is an asshole. if you explain your reasoning soundly, some people can understand.

i mean i would totally understand someone banning something like Nasus to keep me from playing it. I don't play it often, but i have a horrible KDA and winrate on it but I still really enjoy playing it once in a while. i wouldn't freak out about it if i really wanted to play it
because irelia is always open, baby

Yeah, I remember that story. I mean it's a great, heartwarming story, but you must admit the reason you posted it was that it was totally out of keeping with what you would EXPECT to happen.

True. My experience normally is "No, **** you" *instalock and feeds 20 times*

I'm just glad the guy realized he should play something else and did it and helped you win.

Ferga

You don't get the struggle we (our little high plat/diamond NaGaf premade group) go through with Yasuo players. Ever since his release, we've had to put up with every single one feeding their god damn asses off. It's either that or they feed so hard, they aren't carryable. You can't do shit with a 0/7 mid laner at 10minutes, even if the other 4 roles are slightly ahead or even. It's even worse because it's Yasuo. He provides nothing to a team comp.

I think our winrate with Yasuos on our team is less than 10% ever since his release. It's not that thees yasuos do badly all the time, it's because every single one of them think they can 1v5 or just play aggressively early on, thinking they won't get ganked.

I have countless experiences where I get a Yasuo fed through counterganks and camps only for them to single handedly throw by trying to 1v4 or 1v5.

I think it was midway last season that me, ghost, Newt and Neko decided that we've had enough. We were going to ban it or we'll start not giving a shit when we do see a Yasuo with terrible stats. We force dodges and we still play the game but we're not going to try and carry a Yasuo who goes 0/7. We're going to farm for 20minutes and ff. It's even worse when the enemy mid laner starts to roam and delete the other lanes in a spell rotation.

It's not fun for us.

We ban it for that reason.

pigeon

Banned
It's not even fun for me anymore when I feel like I play great and I just lose because people can't help but feed. I'm tired of my team getting its ass kicked every game because they chase and don't ward and don't take objectives when they're available and decide to build full AP on supports instead of utility or even a sightstone.

What the hell do I do when I can't even climb out of Bronze? I don't even know anymore. I don't feel like trying to get better and learn is having any discernible effect anymore. It feels worthless to try.

So, I mean, you don't have to get good at League. In the final analysis putting "92 CS at 10 minutes" on your resume is not actually going to get you many jobs. It's just a dumb game! Mostly you right click on stuff to kill it!

If you really do want to get better, you could probably sign up for replay.gg and record some games and I bet somebody on here would give you some feedback. Or ask somebody to spectate you or whatever. I took a look at some of your game records last time but it's really hard to tell what's going wrong from the timeline alone.

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah, good explanation rex

it's not even that the yasuo players are always bad (99% of the time). even the ones that get super fed (usually off of someone else on the team helping), they go into ultra "fight everyone all the time regardless of how many teammates i have around me" mode and end up throwing the game because the gold is concentrated on that guy and he thinks he's a god.

i just really hate that champion and the mindset that people play it with.

tiger, ask anyone around here if they'll duo with you. likely we will, we all have smurfs. we can get you out of bronze but you better be ready to face the possible realization that it doesn't get better in silver, it just mostly changes to a different type of bad.

So, I mean, you don't have to get good at League. In the final analysis putting "92 CS at 10 minutes" on your resume is not actually going to get you many jobs. It's just a dumb game! Mostly you right click on stuff to kill it!

If you really do want to get better, you could probably sign up for replay.gg and record some games and I bet somebody on here would give you some feedback. Or ask somebody to spectate you or whatever. I took a look at some of your game records last time but it's really hard to tell what's going wrong from the timeline alone.

Yeah, I might do that.

I know I can certainly always improve on things, but sometimes I feel like why should I care so much if my teammates will just drag me down no matter what? It just frustrates me so much that I end up getting tired of it.

patchday

I dont see you on right now. I'd be happy to support for you. Man in Destiny GAF I never ever played with randoms (only like once did I do a raid with pubs and it was awful).

Would be nice if we could get a 5 man ranked going. I did a 3 man ranked with GAF and I tell you it was cake. I mean literally it was really easy. But this one gaffer is really like a plat or something. He was using his smurf to help us Bronzes and give advice.

Unfortunately hes so frakking good even his smurf got promnoted so I'm on my own. No more carry and free elo :(

Top Bottom