• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kenbo

Soraka has been nerfed on her previous playstyle of safely standing back and heal spamming with the very rare Q

The new Soraka is greatly incentivised to land her Qs and is stronger than before if she can manage it

so she might be stronger in high elo, but it increases her risk profile at the same time, making her a little weaker to assassins

Leezard

Soraka has been nerfed on her previous playstyle of safely standing back and heal spamming with the very rare Q

The new Soraka is greatly incentivised to land her Qs and is stronger than before if she can manage it

so she might be stronger in high elo, but it increases her risk profile at the same time, making her a little weaker to assassins

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be on paper. Her rejuvenation buff might be overtuned right now, but overall it seems like a move in the right direction.

She might even become more fun to play.

Just a reminder.

Three ADC comps still don't work.

This has been your daily reminder that Bronze is a fucked up place.

The worst team - Lux on T1 support item, no sightstone, and a needlessly large rod in a 24 minute game. (2016)

Re: Leona, if you're support play a disengage support or someone who can interrupt the zenith blade. Janna or Thresh work pretty well for this. I think Alistar is also a decent choice (if Leona goes in you can headbutt away ADC?) but I honestly don't play Ali and couldn't say with certainty.

A lot of people in Silver have no concept of minion aggro. I laned against a Sona who ran into the brush next to our minion wave to hit me (Janna) and W, auto & minion damage made it a stupid trade in my favor.

I can honestly deal with people bitching in my game, but the thing that sets me off is when someone fucks up their lane and then just has to shit on another lane. Like honestly, sorry I didn't follow up on you running into a minion wave to get off a single Q Soraka.

pigeon

Banned
So I kept thinking about this game last night lol. I'm not even the slightest bit upset about the game but strategically I'm wondering what I could have done differently to win. I keep coming back to champ select. In this scenario I was dead last pick. I chose Vi more because I wanted to play her than a supposed good fit. However I kind of read the loss just from champ select.

What jungler would have been a better pick here? Couldn't be AP because we were loaded with AP already. Kayle kills burst and poppy kills gap closers. I'd need tank killing potential...

Maybe yi actually? If he wasn't banned. Graves? They just had a lot of peel, two strong tank initiators with great damage and a kayle to round it all out. I'm hard pressed to think of a way to win it.

I am vaguely thinking Gragas or Sej here. Your comp is magic damage heavy but you can't fix that because your job in this comp is not damage threat. Vlad makes it 4-1, so looking at the 4v4, you need to be able to disengage and slow. Sej can wombo a little with Corki and Ori when they try to force fights. Gragas can siege and use ult for picks or to guard against Alistar's initiations.

faridmon

get a crucible for leona

Re: Leona, if you're support play a disengage support or someone who can interrupt the zenith blade. Janna or Thresh work pretty well for this. I think Alistar is also a decent choice (if Leona goes in you can headbutt away ADC?) but I honestly don't play Ali and couldn't say with certainty.

Her CC and her general tankiness is just so annoying to play again. I suppose having a crucible or play a champ that have a disengage abilities.

I main Sona :/

TheFlow

Banned
fuckkk this game. Every time I am doing great and about to get promoted I get the worst team ever. like wtf. about to unistall this toxic shit.

edit:sorry for rant but I was so close to gold promos now I am back to the same spot I've been out for 5 days. plus the enemy trist was spamming us in all chat and after the match was over. Told her I was reporting her and she started spamming me more. Then tried to add me as a friend to spam even more. nah

garath

I am vaguely thinking Gragas or Sej here. Your comp is magic damage heavy but you can't fix that because your job in this comp is not damage threat. Vlad makes it 4-1, so looking at the 4v4, you need to be able to disengage and slow. Sej can wombo a little with Corki and Ori when they try to force fights. Gragas can siege and use ult for picks or to guard against Alistar's initiations.

Hmm. I do like sejuani here. That would have been a fine pick. Much better than Vi and comfortably within my wheelhouse.

Garath, Trundle.

Well shit. That would have been perfect. Ult the poppy or voli. Pillar to disrupt their all-in or protect our team after pulling a target. Dammit. Good call.

pigeon

Banned
Hmm. I do like sejuani here. That would have been a fine pick. Much better than Vi and comfortably within my wheelhouse.

Well shit. That would have been perfect. Ult the poppy or voli. Pillar to disrupt their all-in or protect our team after pulling a target. Dammit. Good call.

Yeah, when I saw drawkcaB's post I was like, oh dang, Trundle is almost certainly the best choice. Provides everything you need.

drawkcaB

Pretty much. Use the poke advantage to whittle the front line down slowly. Pair pillar with Blitz hook to isolate one of the tanks once they're low. In a 4v5 your team's AoE potential along with turning either of the remaining tanks into paper thanks to Trundle ult wins the fight handily. Peel for Ori or Corki leaving a Vlad to do Vlad things.

Big concern is that Trundle jungle would be a very specific pick. Unless you're super low in the pick order you wouldn't be able to see how effective it would be.

Also, Trundle is one of those picks I think that every jungler should have in their back pocket. He doesn't require a huge time investment to get the hang of and his skill set in the right circumstances can really bind your team's comp or ruin theirs.

roa is efficient on anyone

the only issue with morg is that she really wants zhonyas to team fight

Yup. I usually build RoA first if I can afford it for more lane/W poke (plus the passive really helps as the stacks build on it) but if I have to go Zhonya's first because team fighting starts early, I'll do it.

subtles

I didn't get a 2v5 Darius penta because my health was ~10 HP and I forgot about the reset for the last kill. T_T

He's in a pretty strong place atm.

Nekofrog

Banned
titanic nerf, devourer nerf, shyvana nerf. why don't they just refund everyone who bought shyvana and delete her from the game?

titanic nerf, devourer nerf, shyvana nerf. why don't they just refund everyone who bought shyvana and delete her from the game?

As someone with an interest in Shyvana IDK what they're doing with her.

From what I can tell she USE to be a good top laner. And then changes were made to the game/ meta/ top laners/ items or w/e and she became a not-so-good top laner but great JG because of her clear speed.

Now they notice she's too good with the clearly broken JG item that gives a huge boon to players who can clear fast so they're giving her a nerf soooo big it's making her a not-so-good jg champ.

So she's just gonna be a not-so-good champ now :/
Maybe they're prepping for giving her the juggernaut rework? (they said that she and Olaf were gonna be the next ones to get the juggernaut treatment last year apparently)

Anyway, I really like that they're taking a look at buffing Maokai. I was just thinking about the idle of a champ who can give tons of vision given how easy it is to have your mini map be dark as fuck. Seeing these changes makes me wonder if they're thinking of making a champ like that.

Blizzard

Banned

From what I can tell she USE to be a good top laner. And then changes were made to the game/ meta/ top laners/ items or w/e and she became a not-so-good top laner but great JG because of her clear speed.

Now they notice she's too good with the clearly broken JG item that gives a huge boon to players who can clear fast so they're giving her a nerf soooo big it's making her a not-so-good jg champ.

Maybe they're prepping for giving her the juggernaut rework? (they said that she and Olaf were gonna be the next ones to get the juggernaut treatment last year apparently)

Anyway, I really like that they're taking a look at buffing Maokai. I was just thinking about the idle of a champ who can give tons of vision given how easy it is to have your mini map be dark as fuck. Seeing these changes makes me wonder if they're thinking of making a champ like that.

Since she's at absurd rates of something like 15% pick and 54% win in ranked throughout different division, I think a change of scenery is acceptable.

Nekofrog

Banned
Since she's at absurd rates of something like 15% pick and 54% win in ranked throughout different division, I think a change of scenery is acceptable.

There are legitimate ways to shift her out of such a high winrate/pickrate without doing what they did.

jerd

The +20% to monsters on her W is a fairly recent change anyway and she always fluctuated in and out of the meta even before that iirc. She'll be fine she just probably won't be the best power farmer anymore. Actually she will probably still be really good at it since that's kinda always been her thing. Riot wants to make devourer work so bad that they'll change every champ that uses it before changing the item itself which is their decision I guess

There are legitimate ways to shift her out of such a high winrate/pickrate without doing what they did.

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think the nerfs sound that horrible. Everyone is acting like she's dead. Shyv was a power farmer before the 20% to monsters buff, she still will be now. The way twin bite interacts with sated devourer is what makes her so strong.

Runic Echos should be changed differently. I'd drop the base damage even lower to like 50 and increase the AP ratio to .15 on proc. The biggest abuse cases aren't building much AP if any after Runic Echoes is completed.

I agree runic echoes to tank is the real problem it seems like

drawkcaB

Runic Echos should be changed differently. I'd drop the base damage even lower to like 50 and increase the AP ratio to .15 on proc. The biggest abuse cases aren't building much AP if any after Runic Echoes is completed.

pigeon

Banned
At this point I am in agreement that they should just get rid of Devourer. At the absolute minimum there should be a lane item with Phantom Hit.

pigeon

Banned
Nooooiiooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Make an on-hit item that has bonus damage damage against monsters and ditch the current devourer.

Sure, I could go either way. Basically I think any passive they stick on a jungle item should probably also be available on a non-jungle item, like Runic Echoes and Immolate. If they want to make them slightly better against jungle monsters that's fine. But having a passive that only appears on a jungle item means that the champs that use it are basically not capable of being balanced in lane.

Newt

He banned Yasuo from him.
7d3736b94af105e1cd6821bf08430022.png

TheFlow

Banned
Nice!! Good job! I like playing with fuzzery. I'd love to play with you guys if you happen to be playing when I am on (usually 7pm est)

sure we can duo sometime. just lost my first game because someone picked a garen mid and fed the yas.

yas went 24/4 that game. and garenw was 7/14

Top Bottom