• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Tizoc

Quinn is broken, Viktor is shit
It's a Yi, what did you expect

Thing is there's no co-ordination and at times it makes it difficult for one to pick a counter when they are the first to pick. Doesn't help that some players just want to test out a champ.
For the latter, I get it on the one hand, but also LOOK at your opposition; if it is a champ you feel will counter you just pick someone else.

Luigi87

*twitch*
So... close...
L87_1RP.jpg

Nothing particularly wrong with the items themselves. Should have gone tankier given her team comp and she was most likely behind.

Eh, people have swapped out Cinderhulk for Runic Echoes on Sejuani for that bit of AP damage, faster movement speed and good clears.

Cinderhulk feels like it's a weak jungle item that junglers who originally used the item (Amumu, Sejuani, Gragas, Elise) moved onto Runic Echoes. Hell, I've seen Rek'sai gone back to Warrior now and just build sunfire.

Cinderhulk really needs a buff.

Hard

Banned
Eh, people have swapped out Cinderhulk for Runic Echoes on Sejuani for that bit of AP damage, faster movement speed and good clears.

Cinderhulk feels like it's a weak jungle item that junglers who originally used the item (Amumu, Sejuani, Gragas, Elise) moved onto Runic Echoes. Hell, I've seen Rek'sai gone back to Warrior now and just build sunfire.

Agreed. Runic Echoes into Sunfire/Full Tank is pretty nice. Maybe abyssal if you need a bit more AP, but not really necessary.

Tizoc

Why is it when I play aram and we are losing BADLY like 20+ kills behind, 2 people ACTUALLY think we can make a comeback? Just surrender and win your next game jeez.

pigeon

Banned

Cinderhulk requires you to stack health to get the most out of it, and it doesn't look like most of those champs do that much. On ProBuilds they're building Frozen Heart a lot, which gives great mana and CDR for caster tanks, but combos really badly with Cinderhulk. They don't scale with max health either.

I wouldn't mind a Cinderhulk buff personally, but I'm not sure it's that bad. I could be wrong though! I wouldn't mind like 10% CDR on Cinderhulk.

faridmon

I still use Cinderhulk on Seju. Stacked HP and Armour and MR + Cinderhulk is my comfort zone.

Nothing particularly wrong with the items themselves. Should have gone tankier given her team comp and she was most likely behind.

I have seen AP Seju before with RoD and Liandra, but going more AP than that and less of a tank is suicidal.

Calvero

Banned
Had to afk for a few minutes just awhile ago and still won the match. Post-match doesn't load rank, just gives "league info processing..."

Why is it when I play aram and we are losing BADLY like 20+ kills behind, 2 people ACTUALLY think we can make a comeback? Just surrender and win your next game jeez.

if you're that behind in ARAM and the other team can't close out the game, I think it's fair to think you might have a chance.

Ocara

Hey guys I've been lurking in this thread a while. Been playing for years, mostly switched to playing ARAM when it came out. I'm a weirdo who just likes teamfighting and poking and hates general laning, so its perfect for me.

Any other ARAMlords here? For reference I have like 2300 or something ARAM wins, so lots of games. I'm that guy who tryhards in every ARAM game I guess? I feel like I've become really good at dodging/aiming skillshots and learning pretty much every champion though. I own pretty much every champ and rarely dodge so I get a good spread of experience with everyone. Always interesting to see what you can do with what you have, although a lot of people like giving up as soon as they see the enemy team which makes it hard (my wife included. "They have X, gg!")

Looking forward to the rotating game modes becoming a thing on the weekends though!

Newt

Hey guys I've been lurking in this thread a while. Been playing for years, mostly switched to playing ARAM when it came out. I'm a weirdo who just likes teamfighting and poking and hates general laning, so its perfect for me.

Any other ARAMlords here? For reference I have like 2300 or something ARAM wins, so lots of games. I'm that guy who tryhards in every ARAM game I guess? I feel like I've become really good at dodging/aiming skillshots and learning pretty much every champion though. I own pretty much every champ and rarely dodge so I get a good spread of experience with everyone. Always interesting to see what you can do with what you have, although a lot of people like giving up as soon as they see the enemy team which makes it hard (my wife included. "They have X, gg!")

Looking forward to the rotating game modes becoming a thing on the weekends though!
You're like reverse me.

That feel when your team is ahead and you're doing really good in team fights but then two disconnect and it all goes to shit :)

itdKfpX.png

At least I got an S rank I guess...

faridmon

I wonder how much experience of ARAM goes into the normal games.

Ocara

You're like reverse me.

Probably reverse a lot of people in here since it seems like you guys mostly play ranked. Although I carry more than my fair share of ARAMs, mostly because people generally have no idea how to build on that map and a good build + good aim can win a game.

I wonder how much experience of ARAM goes into the normal games.

I do play normals once in a while, and I do decent going ADC bot (my wife likes to support.) It's rarely my lane doing poorly at least, but as would be expected my map awareness is pretty mediocre. I actually read surrender@20 a few times a week and stay on top of changes, so I still have a good general knowledge base for how to play on SR, I just tend not to. I do feel like teamfights is where I do best though, knowing ability ranges, general strength with X items, spacing, positioning etc all carries over pretty well.

Leezard

I play ARAM when I'm not playing ranked, typically. I think I'm 700 wins 500 losses or something like that. Individual performance matters more than you'd think.

It's also good for a warm-up game before the first ranked game of the day.

Honestly? With some exceptions (pushed in to nexus turrets by like 12-14 minutes) I think surrendering in an ARAM is stupid. Sometimes I'm playing an ARAM because I only have enough time for 1-2 games in an entire night, so I'd rather dick around and spam laugh or taunt than save the three to five minutes that ultimately mean nothing to me. It's not like I think I have a chance to make a comeback (barring huge mistakes), I just figure if we're losing that badly then the match will only last another 5 minutes or so anyways. That's how I tend to think about it, anyways.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't play twitch but i'm not sure if two last whisper items is a good idea on him -__-

edit: oh nvm didn't see it was arams

Blizzard

Banned
yeah they said they plan to let you use the champion essence in another way in the future. so just break them down and there should be a use for them sometime.

Also you can get more than 1 chest a week, just got my second one now.
Was it your third one including the free one? Or do you mean your first after the initial free chest everyone gets?

I play only ARAM unless season is close to ending. That time I just focus on ranked to get the rewards I want then back to ARAM.

As for experience, it probably helps. I had 3 other people in my friends list who are the same. They play nothing but ARAM. We all got to Diamond without issue. One of them just spams support Lux.

Blizzard

Banned
I play only ARAM unless season is close to ending. That time I just focus on ranked to get the rewards I want then back to ARAM.

As for experience, it probably helps. I had 3 other people in my friends list who are the same. They play nothing but ARAM. We all got to Diamond without issue. One of them just spams support Lux.
It turns out all I needed to do was play ARAM to get to Diamond. :(

Was it your third one including the free one? Or do you mean your first after the initial free chest everyone gets?
For reference, I still see this:

dayswkubs.png

Wait a second...maybe it means a new chest drop gets ADDED in 6 days. So you could earn 4 chests in 1 day on 4 different champs, but you have to wait a week to get another chest drop. That makes way more sense! Sorry for my misinformation in this thread.

zkylon

zkylewd
This Kindred got ridiculously fed.

I've never seen anything so disgusting this season;
they
3 or 4 hit every enemy champ after 18 minutes or so.
the way kindred's damage works is really dumb, it's just so spiky and undodgeable, i don't like it at all

kindred is a bad champion

It sounds like the name of a desert. You lost? Aww that's too bad, here have some Sconfitta to cheer you up.

Lol. I have it on because I'm learning Italian and thought it might help. I'm not a complete beginner since I have been using Duolingo for a year or so now on and off, but sometimes it's annoying if I'm trying to read a description or find specific items in the store and I'm trying to understand words I don't know yet.

Also I love the new clubs thing. I feel like I'm repping GAF like an ambassador or something and I'm on my best behaviour (not that I'm toxic anyway).

My matches today have been going bad. Normally the game will start really well, with me and my ADC winning lane, then someone else's lane gets too fed or people disconnect and we lose. We were getting destroyed by a fed AP Alistar top in one game because a Quinn kept going Rambo and feeding him. I've never been more scared of an Alistar.

drawkcaB

Yeah, agreed on everything here, but the build isn't "WTF".

Wait a second...maybe it means a new chest drop gets ADDED in 6 days. So you could earn 4 chests in 1 day on 4 different champs, but you have to wait a week to get another chest drop. That makes way more sense! Sorry for my misinformation in this thread.

What about other servers, I dont think LAN will have enough weeks for the 4 chests this month

patchday

This Kindred got ridiculously fed.

I've never seen anything so disgusting this season;
they
3 or 4 hit every enemy champ after 18 minutes or so.

^^ That Kindred Carry.

funny I guess it's universal- no matter how high of a rank (aren't you Diamond?) the endgame chat looks the same. You'd think at high elo-- I dunno I would hope that players reach some sort of Zen and just like say gg and move on.

zkylon

zkylewd
^^ That Kindred Carry.

funny I guess it's universal- no matter how high of a rank (aren't you Diamond?) the endgame chat looks the same. You'd think at high elo-- I dunno I would hope that players reach some sort of Zen and just like say gg and move on.

hahaha

what a freaking nightmare

considering league might be my favorite game ever i'm pretty bummed riot insists on injecting this sort of rotten stuff to the game i love and been playing for so many years

the fact that they can't even do it properly is just insulting

One of the reasons I stopped playing.

When I saw what they were doing with champion mastery, and how damn superficial it was, I knew that it was only going to lead down a bad path.

In theory this crafting thing sounds neat, but in practice it's not, is what I'm gathering from this and other discussions.

Hard

Banned
You have slain an enemy

Hard (Renekton): You could have killed me if the (jungler) just ganked ;^)

Immediately puts the other laner on tilt. I love it

When I saw what they were doing with champion mastery, and how damn superficial it was, I knew that it was only going to lead down a bad path.

In theory this crafting thing sounds neat, but in practice it's not, is what I'm gathering from this and other discussions.

I will continue to ignore the crafting system

Though I know Riot is going to lock the best skins behind it to get people to gamble sadly

Leezard

the way kindred's damage works is really dumb, it's just so spiky and undodgeable, i don't like it at all

kindred is a bad champion
It was truly disgusting. Nobody in the enemy team could do anything against it.
^^ That Kindred Carry.

Yeah, I'm Diamond. Chat never changes.

Ocara

Good to see I'm not the only aram junkie. My IGN is Tachi Gekko if anyone wants to add me/get grabbed for games. I'm generally on after work most days.

I once had hope that if I reached high elo/rank/etc that I'd be playing with people more levelheaded, mature, or at the very least burned out on being a dick, but I've never had an online game where that was the case.

zkylon

zkylewd

i didn't have a problem with champ mastery, i think they've done the laziest and less interesting system they could with it but it wasn't particularly problematic

this is tho

Top Bottom