• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Wait, I'm confused.

You can get it for getting S- or more on a Champ you own right?
You can get 4 a month, right?
You CAN'T get more than 1 chest on a champ a year/ season though? Even if you played like shit in a group, if someone gets S and your were in a premade with them you get that champ's box for the season. Sooooo you gotta get S- or above solo (or from someone in a group) with a different champ EACH TIME and EACH MONTH if you want the 4 free ones a month every month?

That can't be right ..

Newt

seeing something so poorly conceived and explained frustrates the hell out of me
It's not to satisfy you, it's for the suckers to pay for this game.
Wait, I'm confused.

You CAN'T get more than 1 chest on a champ pre-year/ season though? Sooooo you gotta get S- or above solo or from someone in a group with a different champ EACH TimE and EACH MONTH if you want the 4 free ones a month every month?

That can't be right ..
It probably resets every month.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait, I'm confused.

You CAN'T get more than 1 chest on a champ pre-year/ season though? Sooooo you gotta get S- or above solo or from someone in a group with a different champ EACH TimE and EACH MONTH if you want the 4 free ones a month every month?

That can't be right ..
yup, you got it

and people said it wasn't convoluted, we've had months to discuss it, many faqs and videos watched and we still find out new shit every time we talk about it

did i mention the only way to get mastery levels 6 and 7 on your champions is by using champion shards?

what a freaking nightmare

considering league might be my favorite game ever i'm pretty bummed riot insists on injecting this sort of rotten stuff to the game i love and been playing for so many years

the fact that they can't even do it properly is just insulting

I hope so, cause my Champ pool is basically Diana, Garen and Poppy until Sol comes out or I happen to get good with one of the many other champs I own now :/

yup, you got it

and people said it wasn't convoluted, we've had months to discuss it, many faqs and videos watched and we still find out new shit every time we talk about it

did i mention the only way to get mastery levels 6 and 7 on your champions is by using champion shards?

what a freaking nightmare

considering league might be my favorite game ever at this point i'm pretty bummed riot insists on injecting this sort of rotten stuff to the game

the fact that they can't even do it properly is just insulting

One of them went to Reddit and said the Shard thing wont be Live ... but they don't seem to know exactly how they're gonna make you rank up and liked some guy's idea that you could rank up via getting S- or above in games.

It's strange ... felt like I knew what was what until today. Kinda forgot all the questions I had about it.

And how do you get ther Purple Boxes? The only box to give me anything good skin wise was the free one ... which was purple. I thought you got the Annie Skin from getting Purple Boxes.

pigeon

Banned
rioter mentioned on reddit that they might do event-tied shards that have expiration dates

this just keeps getting better

Oh, that's how they're going to do the special event lockboxes. Potentially pretty aggro! Although it probably means they will give a few event lockboxes away for free so that they timer can hook you.

Wait, I'm confused.

You CAN'T get more than 1 chest on a champ a year/ season though? Even if you played like shit in a group, if someone gets S and your were in a premade with them you get that champ's box for the season. Sooooo you gotta get S- or above solo (or from someone in a group) with a different champ EACH TIME and EACH MONTH if you want the 4 free ones a month every month?

That can't be right ..

Okay, the "four a month" limit is that you have four free drop chances (they're called "slots" for some reason), you lock one every time you get a free drop, and you unlock one a week. So if you get one a week you'll just get one a week. If you grind out four in the first week, you can't get any more that week. Then you can get one a week from then on as the slots unlock.

You ALSO can only get one per champ per season. So yes, you're super super limited when it comes to getting free boxes. The most efficient way is probably to have your friend make a smurf and group with them while they play their best champ and you play whatever you don't have a box on yet. That way they can easily get an S and trigger the free box.

nbraun80

One of them went to Reddit and said the Shard thing wont be Live ... but they don't seem to know exactly how they're gonna make you rank up and liked some guy's idea that you could rank up via getting S- or above in games.

It's strange ... felt like I knew what was what until today. Kinda forgot all the questions I had about it.

And how do you get ther Purple Boxes? The only box to give me anything good skin wise was the free one ... which was purple. I thought you got the Annie Skin from getting Purple Boxes.
the purple ones are just promotional ones, you get the annie skin by getting 10 purple gems that have a chance of dropping in every chest you open.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm just gonna relax in my stardew valley farm and patiently tend to the crops while my cat ahri hangs out waiting for me to pet him

yeah

that's a relaxing game

i can't take this anymore

join the neogaf chat room and ask
I've asked in the group chat. No response yet. If only I could post pictures of Ahri in there. That'd speed things up, right?

Thank you, Ghost :)

Some Nujabes for the soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9COhf3PJPI

Good listening for when I'm up late doing HW
Oh man. I haven't heard any Nujabes for years. Brings back memories. If you want some other real great HW music, youtube some Ludovico Einaudi.

Blizzard

Banned
I like Nujabes, though that's a bit slow for my tastes.

Also, I have seen hell, and it is Soraka + vlad + two BOTRK users on the same team. There could have been 3, but Zed went ravenous hydra instead.

And not only that, but the game STILL went on for 48 minutes. We never even took an inner tower except one minions got by accident. The chances of overcoming 2 inhibs down, getting to the other end of the map, and even taking an inhib were astronomically low. In that situation, I can understand Newt's philosophy -- it's not WORTH the extra 30 minutes even if you can manage a stressful, insane comeback. I'd rather play an entire new game.

Ashhong

Really hating the dynamic queue system. I main adc and support. The problem is if I choose those two, I only get support. I've gotten at minimum, 20 support in a row with no ADC. Not cool.

Blizzard

Banned
Really hating the dynamic queue system. I main adc and support. The problem is if I choose those two, I only get support. I've gotten at minimum, 20 support in a row with no ADC. Not cool.
I think anything paired with support is going to get maybe 97% support no matter what you put first.

I think ADC is the next most likely for you to get (despite how many players play ADC or whatever), and then jungle/mid/top in whatever order.

Ashhong

I think anything paired with support is going to get maybe 97% support no matter what you put first.

I think ADC is the next most likely for you to get (despite how many players play ADC or whatever), and then jungle/mid/top in whatever order.

Yea I realize that. I know I can do the trick to pick mid and I'll get ADC, but that sucks, because I don't really want to play mid, and what happens if I do indeed get mid lol. I just wish there was some other way around it.

Ashhong

I got a key fragment or something for this game? Idk it glitched out lol.

My game had that "League info processing error" also. I check my loot and I have a key fragment. So can you ever pick up a full key? I just know that the chance of getting a key is higher if you are in a party, but not sure if that's a full key or a fragment. Can you pick up skin/champ fragments randomly as well? Or do those only come in chests?

And when will someone invite me to GAF :(

Blizzard

Banned
My game had that "League info processing error" also. I check my loot and I have a key fragment. So can you ever pick up a full key? I just know that the chance of getting a key is higher if you are in a party, but not sure if that's a full key or a fragment. Can you pick up skin/champ fragments randomly as well? Or do those only come in chests?

And when will someone invite me to GAF :(
The league processing error / missing grade happens fairly often.

You can pick up key fragments fairly often it seems like, and you can pick them up solo. I suspect you can't pick up full keys, or champ fragments.

Wait, I'm confused.

That can't be right ..

I highly doubt this since it specifically says, "each champion you play can earn you one chest per season". But maybe Riot will change it if enough people complain.

I think you'd need an S with 48 different champs to max it out over a year.

Hard

Banned

Lying in bed on mobile so can't post exact source.

Mid is obviously most popular given anecdotal evidence from Gaf, Reddit, and other boards.

A rioter said on Ask.fm (I think, I read a Reddit post about this) that support and ADC were the two least popular roles

The positioning of top and jungle is all conjecture. In lower elo it's skewed towards top as it's a solo lane and low elo has always had an "I gotta carry my shit team" mentality

As you go higher up in elo, the spread evens out and possibly even tips in the favor of jungle as people actually know the intricacies of how the position works and jungle is seen as a better carry role

Ashhong

The league processing error / missing grade happens fairly often.

You can pick up key fragments fairly often it seems like, and you can pick them up solo. I suspect you can't pick up full keys, or champ fragments.

I highly doubt this since it specifically says, "each champion you play can earn you one chest per season". But maybe Riot will change it if enough people complain.

I think you'd need an S with 48 different champs to max it out over a year.

What is a season of league? Isn't that basically a full year? Sounds like you need to get it with 52 different champs, 1 per week

Ashhong

Pretty much, but there's a limit of 4 chest drops per month, so not the full 52.

Is it actually four a month? The little graphic on your profile says next chest in 6 days. Why not just make it once a week lol, fucking 4 a month, AND limit of 1 every 7 days. The hell?

Blizzard

Banned
Is it actually four a month? The little graphic on your profile says next chest in 6 days. Why not just make it once a week lol, fucking 4 a month, AND limit of 1 every 7 days. The hell?
Once a week would make too much sense.

From the official site (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/site/2016-season-update/champion-mastery.html):

When you or someone in your premade party earns any S rank, you’ll acquire a chest. You can earn up to four chests each month, and each champion you play can earn you one chest per season.

Amusingly, nothing on that page seems to mention the once-a-week limit.

By the way, a random client thing that could use improvement: If you do a ranked lounge, the suggested players list includes players who cannot queue with you. If you're silver and you invite a suggested platinum friend, they can click accept...but the lobby will then autokick them. Weird.

Leezard

I finally had the opportunity/punishment to lane against reworked Soraka as Nami.

It was not as bad as I expected. Me and my adc managed to dodge most Qs, and bubbles hitting Soraka meant death. If she's not hitting her Q she or her adc is getting out-traded thanks to the lower heal value. It was probably partly due to her adc being Vayne, but the lane felt much better to play than pre-rework Soraka.

Her Q might still be overtuned, but at least she is less fun-vampiric than before. I didn't even need to pick Ignite.

Tizoc

Yo dawg we heard you liked to draven so we draven your draven so you can draven even more draven when you draven

jerd

so i own all champs but i still get champion shards? that's lame. Is breaking them into essence the only thing i can do with them?

Calvero

Banned
what is going on
giphy.gif

I finally had the opportunity/punishment to lane against reworked Soraka as Nami.

It was not as bad as I expected. Me and my adc managed to dodge most Qs, and bubbles hitting Soraka meant death. If she's not hitting her Q she or her adc is getting out-traded thanks to the lower heal value. It was probably partly due to her adc being Vayne, but the lane felt much better to play than pre-rework Soraka.

Her Q might still be overtuned, but at least she is less fun-vampiric than before. I didn't even need to pick Ignite.
Yeah, you gotta be aggressive with new Soraka to make the most out of her kit. Land a Q before healing and you heal as much as before and you even get utility out of it by giving your ADC a speed buff for escaping.
what is going on
giphy.gif
Abusing neutral aggro reset mechanics to stack countless spears then actually killing red lizard with a Q so it transfers all rend stacks into Baron for an instant kill.

That should take several minutes to do lol

nbraun80

so i own all champs but i still get champion shards? that's lame. Is breaking them into essence the only thing i can do with them?
yeah they said they plan to let you use the champion essence in another way in the future. so just break them down and there should be a use for them sometime.

Also you can get more than 1 chest a week, just got my second one now.

Leezard

i know that, i'm talking about the full health baron dying
Well, there were a lot of spears.
Yeah, you gotta be aggressive with new Soraka to make the most out of her kit. Land a Q before healing and you heal as much as before and you even get utility out of it by giving your ADC a speed buff for escaping.

Indeed, it's a great change and allows more counterplay. She's way less effective as a passive healbot. Her Q could probably use a bit tuning down, but it seems like a successful rework, still.

jerd

Bloodlust death's dance graves is tons of fun to play against

And by that I mean it's like he has a Soraka following him around at all times and I hate it

What you out traded him significantly? Lol sure you did

Giving me nightmares of Calculus III and Physics II

Look, is it really so much to ask of players to do multivariate calculus if they want to get a skin shard? I don't think so. We're honestly just trying to raise the level of math education in NA/EU :^)

And by that I mean it's like he has a Soraka following him around at all times and I hate it

So basically release Warlords Graves, neat

patchday

I really hate the rune system. It just plain sucks.

Even though I got all the basic runes I am still missing some of the more exotic runes (like Seal of Health which is a whole fucking 800 IP each)

I hate runes with a passion. Part of the reason I've been trying out other mobas. I just feel the IP sink is completely unnecessary

And it 100% screws over new players because every so often a lower level dude will have to face a decked out tier 3 L30 player.

I've been playing Smite a lot recently which is a lot better for new players cause there's no runes, no masteries, and BS like that.

Inspite of all my complaints I still boot up LoL here and there for my champs. The champs are well done. Granted, the balance for many of the champs is just plain broken (screw you Mundo/Garen)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

yeah i've seen a lot of people playing sustain graves now, bloodlust + death's dance + maw + steraks + stacked e = lol you never gonna kill him and you still get like 300 ad and 2500 hp

Tizoc

Why do i get the shitty comps? A Viktor that can't handle a mid Quinn
A Yi that can hardly gank properly
and going up against a 3 ADC comp
Rito pls

Talents

Banned
Why do i get the shitty comps? A Viktor that can't handle a mid Quinn
A Yi that can hardly gank properly
and going up against a 3 ADC comp
Rito pls

Quinn mid is an extremely strong mid laner atm, and Viktor is pretty weak after his nerfs, not surprised he lost.

I had one of those rare Yis that went warriors and ganked for 9 kills in 15 minutes the other day.

Weird stuff happens.
Well, you're in Diamond, if players get there playing Yi like idiots then there is no hope

Then again Nightblue is a thing so RIP hope and dreams

Leezard

Well, you're in Diamond, if players get there playing Yi like idiots then there is no hope

You'd be surprised. I've seen Yis here that didn't get sated devourer until 25min+.

Also 2-10 Lee Sins that finds a way of jumping into top lane and feeding whenever possible despite that all he needs to do is not feed since mid and bot is winning hard .

Top Bottom