• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, on the subject of Malphite

I don't get why anyone would ever play Malphite if Nautilus is up. Naut offers soooooo much to a teamfight other than just point and click ult that, while it's a great ult, it has much more room for error than Naut.

tldr Naut is my favorite champion right now
I wish he wasn't so good in other places. I can't even play jungle Nautilus because of people banning him, or picking him top/support, half the time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Malphite and Nautilus do different things. Just because they are both tanks doesn't mean they preform the same functions. Malphite is still a strong split pusher that does fine even while behind. If anything his value exceeds what Nautilus can do because all you need is a good clean ult. Lots of people use Nautilus ult wrong. Even if the ability locks on it's common to see its total effectiveness not maximized. Both champions are strong right now and worth being played.
I wish he wasn't so good in other places. I can't even play jungle Nautilus because of people banning him, or picking him top/support, half the time.
There is no reason to play Nautilus jungle. The clears are too slow.

dimb

The +20 base on sej's E helped her early clears a lot play her
The Sejuani changes are some of the best kind Riot has done. The focus is on improving the feeling of play and removing unnecessary frustration from the kit in order to buff it. W+E just felt lousy when clearing camps, but that's really been improved. Goes to show how big of a difference small usability changes can be.

WOW,
WENT IN TO RANKED AND WENT INTO CHAMP SELECT AND THE DISCOUNTED FROM PVP.NET AND DODGE AND NOW I HAVE A 30 MIN DODGE TIME.

FUCK THIS GAME. FUCK THERE SERVERS
LIKE WHAT THE HELL, MY BROTHER WHO WAS PLAYING WAS COMPLETELY FINE.
AND LOST 10 LP. IM SUPER FUCKING PISSED

There was no way i could even had tried to fix it, i couldnt click on the reconnect or anything.

killatopak

Gold Member
WOW,
WENT IN TO RANKED AND WENT INTO CHAMP SELECT AND THE DISCOUNTED FROM PVP.NET AND DODGE AND NOW I HAVE A 30 MIN DODGE TIME.

FUCK THIS GAME. FUCK THERE SERVERS
LIKE WHAT THE HELL, MY BROTHER WHO WAS PLAYING WAS COMPLETELY FINE.
AND LOST 10 LP. IM SUPER FUCKING PISSED

There was no way i could even had tried to fix it, i couldnt click on the reconnect or anything.

happened to me twice... Consecutively....On my diamond promos... I nearly lost my mind and punched the wall in anger.
I need to stop running TP on Renekton, it's bad for my health, and my KDA.
Just run ignite on easy match ups. Kill them like you're printing money. Otherwise run TP for hard matchups like gnar.

Bacon

I need to stop running TP on Renekton, it's bad for my health, and my KDA.

I've found myself mainly running ignite over tp when I play top lane because I just can't use tp effectively to gank or counter gank bot lane. It's pretty difficult to always be keeping an eye on bot lane and tping at the right time. I end up just using tp to get back into lane quickly which feels like a waste of a summoner so I've been taking ignite and just dominating my matchups I love it.

why do u stand melee range to their team instead of kiting back while they focus ur tanks

This is a good question. I think probably because, even though you're right and I should have been kiting back, I didn't think my team would a.) melt down that quickly; b.) the pile kind of collapsed a bit on me (the gif cuts out where I was standing just at the start of the fight as I was taking down mid inhib).

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
This is a good question. I think probably because, even though you're right and I should have been kiting back, I didn't think my team would a.) melt down that quickly; b.) the pile kind of collapsed a bit on me (the gif cuts out where I was standing just at the start of the fight as I was taking down mid inhib).
brah u should always be kiting

Blizzard

Banned
Malphite and Nautilus do different things. Just because they are both tanks doesn't mean they preform the same functions. Malphite is still a strong split pusher that does fine even while behind. If anything his value exceeds what Nautilus can do because all you need is a good clean ult. Lots of people use Nautilus ult wrong. Even if the ability locks on it's common to see its total effectiveness not maximized. Both champions are strong right now and worth being played.

There is no reason to play Nautilus jungle. The clears are too slow.
They're even or ahead of the average jungler last I heard, though the E nerf hurt him a bit.

What clear times would you estimate, on what routes specifically? I'd be glad to test it for you, since maybe I can get a chest drop if I get an S.

holy shit they didn't even realize you existed

they went all in on that taric tho

Yeah, I know. They picked the wrong target, lol.

I also noticed that my ult hit Garen and Leona after the Malph 3-man ult knock-up.

What they should have did was had Talon assassinate me since he wasn't engaged on Taric at the time, but for some reason, he turns back around and goes in on Taric instead of me standing there firing arrows into Garen.

zer0das

Banned
I can't think of a single scenario where I'd rather be a Malphite over nautilus right now in top lane. And I like Malphite, don't get me wrong

Malphite ult is AOE and impacts a team fight much faster. It's a lot easier to deal with Nautilus ult. Also the attack speed slow on Malphite E is pretty substantial, and his armor is going to be significantly higher than Nautilus's. You land an ult on 2-3 people as Malphite at the right time, the game is over.

The other thing is, Nautilus has terrible single target damage once his shield pops. And that thing probably isn't coming up again in the course of a single teamfight, unless there's a lot of posturing.

dimb

They're even or ahead of the average jungler last I heard, though the E nerf hurt him a bit.

What clear times would you estimate, on what routes specifically? I'd be glad to test it for you, since maybe I can get a chest drop if I get an S.
Uh, what is the average jungler? Naut should track far behind stuff like Shyvana, Kindred, Graves, Niadlee, etc. There is nothing to test. Nothing in Naut's kit really helps him be a versatile jungler. He doesn't invade well. He doesn't move around the map well. He doesn't secure buffs or objectives. Buying a jungle item doesn't benefit him.

Can he jungle? Sure. But the jungle has changed to something that doesn't fit Nautilus at all.

Ashhong

Figured out why I didn't get a chest on my S- Morgana game. Earlier I was playing Morgana in a premade, and my friend got an S. I got a chest, and (what I didn't realize) since I was playing Morgana she is tied to that.

So even though I didn't get an S with Morgana that game, because I earned a chest through my friend, Morgana is considered to have earned me a chest. She's no longer eligible this season.

SO, don't play your best character at the same time your friends are. Play some weirdo champ while your friend gets an S, and then switch. =)

Also because you can only get one chest a week

Blizzard

Banned
Uh, what is the average jungler? Naut should track far behind stuff like Shyvana, Kindred, Graves, Niadlee, etc. There is nothing to test. Nothing in Naut's kit really helps him be a versatile jungler. He doesn't invade well. He doesn't move around the map well. He doesn't secure buffs or objectives. Buying a jungle item doesn't benefit him.

Can he jungle? Sure. But the jungle has changed to something that doesn't fit Nautilus at all.
That's not the question I asked. You specifically said, "There is no reason to play Nautilus jungle. The clears are too slow." This implies the clears are related to there being no reason to play him.

So, I'm asking how long you guess his clears take, and which route you'd consider. I have to ask now, because if I came to you with numbers you could say "Well, I meant a different jungle route". :p

If he has much bigger problems than clears, why even mention "The clears are too slow"?

Also because you can only get one chest a week
I'm sorry, I seem to have been wrong on this. You get a new drop "refill" once a week, but you can get all your drops in one day if you play 4 different champs I think.

drawkcaB

The Elise rust is real. Only 2/1/4 in a 20 min surrender in my match and some really questionable mechanics. Win is a win. I'm 7 games above .500 for, I think, the first time ever in normals and I've been on a absolute tear, 15-5 in my last 20. I'm going to feel really badly when it all comes crashing down.

Blizzard

Banned
The Elise rust is real. Only 2/1/4 in a 20 min surrender in my match and some really questionable mechanics. Win is a win. I'm 7 games above .500 for, I think, the first time ever in normals and I've been on a absolute tear, 15-5 in my last 20. I'm going to feel really badly when it all comes crashing down.
I think I was 15-5 in my last 20, then I started playing today and lost 4/5. :(

Ashhong

I'm sorry, I seem to have been wrong on this. You get a new drop "refill" once a week, but you can get all your drops in one day if you play 4 different champs I think.

I dont think so..because I was playing Janna and a teammate got an S and I got jack.

Blizzard

Banned
I dont think so..because I was playing Janna and a teammate got an S and I got jack.
I got my first S with Zyra, got a chest.

Then today a teammate got an S (not even sure if it was my duo but I guess it has to be? Or maybe it was me?) and I got a chest for Nautilus.

I still have 5 days left for the next chest refill.

Calvero

Banned
Got Hot Rod Corki from a chest. Unlocked it. I'm down for this, I never buy skins anyway, so I like that there's a way for me to get some.

Also why is there a limit of 3 clubs you can join? :/

Blizzard

Banned
I miss the month or so ZZ portal was disabled. It's annoying, it drags games out, it makes more people act like Master Yi, and it doesn't contribute much to general enjoyment in my limited experience.

And when you eventually hunt it down and ward the bush...there's a little delay for some reason, before the portal pops into existence. So a new minion spawns, and you accidentally attack that instead and waste time.

pigeon

Banned
Got an S- in my first game after the patch with Shen and got a box.

Does that mean I gave all my teammates a box?

If so, fuck those guys for throwing so hard and still getting a box.

Blizzard

Banned
Got an S- in my first game after the patch with Shen and got a box.

Does that mean I gave all my teammates a box?

If so, fuck those guys for throwing so hard and still getting a box.
The new ingame threat: "If you people don't behave, I'm ruining my S rank so NO CHEST DROPS."

Calvero

Banned
I have been invited to so many clubs, and I keep having to decline because the 3 club limit is way too little.

These aren't joke clubs either, they're real clubs that I would love to be in.

Yeah, there's a fourth club from a friend I can't join because of the limit. :/

Ashhong

I got my first S with Zyra, got a chest.

Then today a teammate got an S (not even sure if it was my duo but I guess it has to be? Or maybe it was me?) and I got a chest for Nautilus.

I still have 5 days left for the next chest refill.

Then why the hell didn't I get a chest for my game wtf. Lame

Woah I didn't even know you could be in more than one what club tag does it show if you're in 3?

You can set your main club in the Club menu.

Why have I got no invite for GAF club :(

Top Bottom