• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Hard

Banned
Good Shens won't be W baited, though. I never fall for that shit.

Renekton's W is an AA reset. Shen has to predict it to get the dodge off. Renekton players usually AA W Tiamat Q. That's the problem with defense, it's always reactionary :^)

pigeon

Banned
Renekton's W is an AA reset. Shen has to predict it to get the dodge off. Renekton players usually AA W Tiamat Q. That's the problem with defense, it's always reactionary :^)

Generally when I see Renekton E in I just E away rather than trying to W on reaction. They have the same cooldown at first, Shen's cooldown goes down faster, and Renekton doesn't necessarily level E second.

You can E in again, but then you've blown both your dashes and it is safer for me to use W. Also then you're pushing the wave because you had to E through minions to get the second dash.

Edwardo

Not sure if its bad form to mention this but I noticed Stone Ocean is "gone" if you know what I mean. I should review the site rules (to see if its okay to mention this). He always seems like a good poster here so I am always shocked. I just happened to be browsing the thread where I think it happened but won't say anything else

Damn again? He just came back a few days ago.

Hard

Banned
Generally when I see Renekton E in I just E away rather than trying to W on reaction. They have the same cooldown at first, Shen's cooldown goes down faster, and Renekton doesn't necessarily level E second.

You can E in again, but then you've blown both your dashes and it is safer for me to use W. Also then you're pushing the wave because you had to E through minions to get the second dash.

Using E again against Shen isn't really advisable, unless you're going to all-in for a kill, or you're sure the jungler isn't anywhere nearby. The point is to zone & deny CS to keep Shen weak leading into the mid-game.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't truly enjoy this game anymore. I came to that realization last night. I haven't uninstalled yet but I did close the client last night and deleted all of my shortcuts to it. We'll see what happens

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't truly enjoy this game anymore. I came to that realization last night. I haven't uninstalled yet but I did close the client last night and deleted all of my shortcuts to it. We'll see what happens

yeah that's like ok i put my last pack of smokes in the drawer and i don't really check that drawer often and i didn't buy any other packs today so it's gonna be ok

*runs to buy smokes at 3 in the morning*

and yeah honestly this is the least i've liked the game in a long while. too top and bot centric, too many obnoxious champions like shyvana and master yi and nautilus that really screw over some champions i really like to play like syndra and then ori's so hard to play properly right now i feel pressured to play lux every game and that's just not very much fun.

i used to watch almost every lcs game and many lck reruns but now i barely even watch it

i don't really like this season

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah that's like ok i put my last pack of smokes in the drawer and i don't really check that drawer often and i didn't buy any other packs today so it's gonna be ok

*runs to buy smokes at 3 in the morning*

i'm serious. i already get lucky to play a few games every few days as it is, and the games that i do play i find myself not really having fun even if we're winning. it's like "cool, we won, now what do i do". the games that i play terribly are just an awful experience because I could be doing something I actually enjoy instead

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm serious. i already get lucky to play a few games every few days as it is, and the games that i do play i find myself not really having fun even if we're winning. it's like "cool, we won, now what do i do". the games that i play terribly are just an awful experience because I could be doing something I actually enjoy instead
for me it's like, i always felt pretty much any other game is better than playing solo q but also no other game compares to ranked 5s

now ranked 5s feels weird, dynamic 5s is just not the same experience as it was before, and i do play some ranked but i don't even feel super invested in it cos if i don't have 3 players at least i don't get to mid and often when it's like that we just rather play some relaxed normals and hang out

Gotta stop going into threads with the intention of being offended.
yup, don't be destructive and you won't get banned

it's super easy

Hard

Banned
Why has no one told me this before

yPbf8.jpg

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2128812220/210519569

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

League comes and goes for me. I usually just try to hit plat then play every 28 days to avoid decay. Playing with RL friends (similar skill) helps a lot.

Blizzard

Banned
Honestly, I've probably been the same way for the last 2 years or so of League. I don't think I can really say it's much besides an addiction, and the vague hope that eventually I'll get another key fragment drop, and maybe another silver level.

I stopped playing a few months and played CSGO and it was probably a much more positive time in my life.

It's a good thing I've never tried drugs or gotten into WoW.

Every so often I have a game that's actually fun for me, but that typically involves massively winning, or playing weird champs with people having a good time instead of trying hard in ranked.

JulianImp

League comes and goes for me. I usually just try to hit plat then play every 28 days to avoid decay. Playing with RL friends (similar skill) helps a lot.

Basically this. The reason I've stopped playing against anything but bots (and that's a single match a day at best for my daily IP bonus) is because I don't have a group of RL friends, and playing with people I befriended in-game doesn't quite work the same way.

I go through periods of feeling like this, pretty much felt like it for most of Season 5 but I'm back now. I think it helps that I don't have as much time to play League as I used to last year, so I'm not burning myself out on it.

how did stone get banned again

got very mad about pokken and how he feels gaf treats street fighter v

patchday

Surprised to read that. I actually declared I was gonna quit once because I am not used to being ranked with other people. Other ranked games I played (really it was iRacing mostly and Starcraft) were fantastic. I always felt the idea of being ranked with strangers to be pretty weird.

Smite actually has a 1v1 ranked mode that I look forward to trying out sometime. Sure- only a small subset of heroes will be relevant but it might be interesting lol

Anyway I just personally cut back my play time only cause my mountain of games just escalated. Mostly I just watch lol esports regularly

Fracas

#fuckonami

I haven't played in a week. Got to gold (basically my only real goal) a few weeks ago and became sort of burned out.

Just felt like playing other games

Blizzard

Banned
It's getting kind of ridiculous. 2 or 3 games in a row, someone my team has given up first blood in under 4 minutes.

In my latest game, the mid laner and top laner died twice EACH in under 5:15. They got no kills. I was support.

I don't even really care about a win! At this point I want an S rank, and at least one tower killed. Last game I'm not sure we got a single one in 32 minutes.

Nekofrog

Banned
Surprised to read that. I actually declared I was gonna quit once because I am not used to being ranked with other people. Other ranked games I played (really it was iRacing mostly and Starcraft) were fantastic. I always felt the idea of being ranked with strangers to be pretty weird.

Smite actually has a 1v1 ranked mode that I look forward to trying out sometime. Sure- only a small subset of heroes will be relevant but it might be interesting lol

Anyway I just personally cut back my play time only cause my mountain of games just escalated. Mostly I just watch lol esports regularly

I can't even stand to watch league professionally anymore. It's so uninteresting at the moment, outside of the rare fun games where it's super back and forth and then TSM loses (still love when TSM loses, that will never die, even long after I've quit league I'll still love TSM losing).

I think losing last night made me reflect when the last time I had fun playing this game was. I couldn't remember. Even when Rex and I would smash games and carry as a duo (which is happening less and less as I feel that my lack of desire to play the game is actually making me play even worse) I still wasn't really having "fun".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought I was earning key fragments at a reasonable rate but the rug's been pulled out from under me. Now I'm not seeing them ever over my last 10+ wins.

jerd

I thought I was earning key fragments at a reasonable rate but the rug's been pulled out from under me. Now I'm not seeing them ever over my last 10+ wins.

Same here I'm curious what the system is. Maybe they just had the drop rate ramped up at first so you could get through your first few chests

In other news

Meddler said:
We do have a rework for Ryze planned. It's likely it'll be after the mage update though, we'd like to both take the time to try and (finally) get it right and would like to bundle at least some degree of visual update with the gameplay changes. That's pushed the timeline back beyond what we were originally thinking.

3rd times the charm?

Blizzard

Banned
Have you had S's in those games? I seem to get one any time I get an S- / S / S+, or a premade gets one.

Hard

Banned
Probably going to post a diatribe about the state of top lane and the "renekton bar" sometime this weekend

gonna be fire

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Have you had S's in those games? I seem to get one any time I get an S- / S / S+, or a premade gets one.
There are people getting an S in my premade and there is nothing gained. S ranks are for boxes, not key fragments.

Top Bottom