• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Blizzard

Banned
Have you had S's in those games? I seem to get one any time I get an S- / S / S+, or a premade gets one.
My theory still seems to hold. I went several games without an S or a key fragment. I duo'd with a friend, both got A/A+, no key fragment.

Then duo with a friend, they get an S-, I get a key fragment.

So I think either you always get a key fragment on a party S, or the chance is way higher with a duo / S (any type), or both. *edit* Given what dimb posted, maybe it's not a guarantee. It just seems to happen way more often for me when S's show up.

I think I've gotten 11 key fragment drops since the system started, so I'm okay with the rate.

Finally got a key fragment to make a key, and I opened up box #2 to end up getting Surprise Party Fiddlesticks.

I don't have the champion, so I'll turn it into essence.

drawkcaB

Uh oh. I queued jungle/top, dodge the first top game and still got top on the 2nd...whelp. First top game in about a year should be fun.

My theory still seems to hold. I went several games without an S or a key fragment. I duo'd with a friend, both got A/A+, no key fragment.

So I think either you always get a key fragment on a party S, or the chance is way higher with a duo / S (any type), or both. *edit* Given what dimb posted, maybe it's not a guarantee. It just seems to happen way more often for me when S's show up.

I think I've gotten 11 key fragment drops since the system started, so I'm okay with the rate.

Every time I played with a full premade and we got an S and won, I got a key fragment and a chest, rinse and repeat and I unlocked one of the very first champions I purchased.

TALON.

rng pls

Hard

Banned
GGs GAF. That baron was hilarious :^) :^) :^)

He walked up

and auto'ed the baron

I could barely fight I was laughing so hard

Losing promos is just life's way of telling me you won't get any better. I didn't know if you lose it enough they eventually give you two free wins (if you're moving up a tier). By the way is there still room in the Gaf club? Might I get an invite?

GGs GAF. That baron was hilarious :^) :^) :^)

He walked up

and auto'ed the baron

I could barely fight I was laughing so hard

LCS plays? LCS plays.

By the way I got like 3 legacy skins out of those chests, like I even want to play kog maw. Don't even own the guy

Hard

Banned
Losing promos is just life's way of telling me you won't get any better. I didn't know if you lose it enough they eventually give you two free wins (if you're moving up a tier). By the way is there still room in the Gaf club? Might I get an invite

none of that pls

it's all about learning from mistakes and improving

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No. It's random off wins. Grouping with other players improves odds. Champion raiting does not have an impact on key fragment drops.
To unlock your chests, you have a chance to randomly pick up a key each time you win any matchmade game and winning with friends results in finding more keys than going solo.

Blizzard

Banned

Another data point, got an S myself and didn't get a fragment. Friend got a chest though. I still suspect it's higher odds with S / duo but of course I can't really prove it.

MAGIC HAS RUINED THIS LAND

a870389256.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit on pbe client, idk if i can post screenshots but i didn't take any so nothing lost lol

i only played one game cos it seems like matchmaking was really dead. i was just gonna dodge after fooling around in champ select but i felt like that would be kind of dickish and had a fun arams with the usual pbe weirdos like ad zyra, a kayle narrating every item she bought and nidalee kept asking me if this was the new client lol

also it only had like launcher, main screen, lobby, champ select and post-game lobby

anyways, impressions:
- looks very pretty in general, nice animations for anything but all kept pretty simple. they should probably be a bit more fancy with some stuff, it feels kind of unceremonious sometimes, specially when you're gonna start a game
- it's generally a lot more responsive but some stuff feels really delayed since there's now animations for everything. like tooltips have this second delay that's super bad, that shit gotta go
- not a ton of big new features, two things i noticed were being able to wrap around when browsing ur skins in champ select, which is pretty nice, and being able to use the client while the game's patching. it's probably on a reduced capacity (like only chat or shop or whatever) but still pretty cool
- they shuffled a bunch of stuff around. i don't particularly see why they put things where they did since it feels just as arbitrary as the current placement except now you have to relearn where's everything. but like something simple like dropping out of queue is more annoying now cos the "quit lobby" button is on the far right while the "play" button is on the far left.
- i really didn't like the mastery edit screen in champ select, looks really dark and icons are smaller and harder to click. specially here it's really annoying about the tooltips, i got nautilus and had to dump lots of points into defense tree which is the tree i literally never do (i mean, i play mid, i just tunnel for thunderlords like every other mid)
- not sure about the post-game lobby, the side by side layout is pretty cool but it's kind of an eyesore since most elements seem about the same size and it kind of looks like a cluttered mess of icons.
- chat box is ridiculous on most screens, it's so tiny and easy to miss
- no new loading screen or anything, that part seems to be totally handled on the game client side. which is kinda bad cos the game client got stuck in the loading screen and then crashed. reconnecting was pretty quick tho

overall didn't feel like a big improvement, tho i can see it being a good foundation for something decent down the line, specially as new features get added.

pigeon

Banned
played a bit on pbe client, idk if i can post screenshots but i didn't take any so nothing lost lol

i only played one game cos it seems like matchmaking was really dead. i was just gonna dodge after fooling around in champ select but i felt like that would be kind of dickish and had a fun arams with the usual pbe weirdos like ad zyra, a kayle narrating every item she bought and nidalee kept asking me if this was the new client lol

also it only had like launcher, main screen, lobby, champ select and post-game lobby

anyways, impressions:
- looks very pretty in general, nice animations for anything but all kept pretty simple. they should probably be a bit more fancy with some stuff, it feels kind of unceremonious sometimes, specially when you're gonna start a game
- it's generally a lot more responsive but some stuff feels really delayed since there's now animations for everything. like tooltips have this second delay that's super bad, that shit gotta go
- not a ton of big new features, two things i noticed were being able to wrap around when browsing ur skins in champ select, which is pretty nice, and being able to use the client while the game's patching. it's probably on a reduced capacity (like only chat or shop or whatever) but still pretty cool
- they shuffled a bunch of stuff around. i don't particularly see why they put things where they did since it feels just as arbitrary as the current placement except now you have to relearn where's everything. but like something simple like dropping out of queue is more annoying now cos the "quit lobby" button is on the far right while the "play" button is on the far left.
- i really didn't like the mastery edit screen in champ select, looks really dark and icons are smaller and harder to click. specially here it's really annoying about the tooltips, i got nautilus and had to dump lots of points into defense tree which is the tree i literally never do (i mean, i play mid, i just tunnel for thunderlords like every other mid)
- not sure about the post-game lobby, the side by side layout is pretty cool but it's kind of an eyesore since most elements seem about the same size and it kind of looks like a cluttered mess of icons.
- no new loading screen or anything, that part seems to be totally handled on the game client side. which is kinda bad cos the game client got stuck in the loading screen and then crashed. reconnecting was pretty quick tho

overall didn't feel like a big improvement, tho i can see it being a good foundation for something decent down the line, specially as new features get added.

Honestly I would just tack another vertical slice onto most of those new client screenshots and dedicate the whole thing to chat. I feel like they're almost trying to tell you to shut up with the tiny amount of space they stuck on that thing for chat.

Just finished a game as Vel'Koz---10/0/8. "A" ranking. Are you fucking kidding me? Absolutely ridiculous how much that ranking is affected by CS, and my CS wasn't even bad either.

ChrisD

Played a round after not touching the game since November.

"Let's try this new Draft thing out, Support/Mid"
Gets Supp
Chooses Sona
Teammate (ADC): "Uhhhhh. Sona Support?"
Me: "Ya"
Teammate ADC): "fml"

Immediately I knew this was going to be a nice, not salty at all game hahahah.

Get in lane. I play stupid aggressive. I also Flash when I meant to use Exhaust because lol my mechanics after four months of rust.

But.
Flash goes off cooldown. I have Ult. We get the enemies up on their tower, AND catch their Jungler at Krugs. Triple kill! ...But I got the last one.

So an important P.S. here, I've been playing another MOBA for four years now. In that, kills are great for the whole team because it's 3v3. Killing someone also isn't a huge gold split, the whole team gets a nice bit of change. So my mind is deeply ingrained with the thought process of, "If they're dead, it's good!" I have to actively remind myself when playing League that it's not exactly the case here. Also the cooldowns are 10< seconds and mana doesn't exist so I was spending all my mana too much lol.

Back to the game: We got three kills. Their tower is open. Buuuut I couldn't push. My ADC, Kalista, recalled and starts calling me out in chat for kill-stealing. I'm like, "oh sorry. Just wanted to kill secure." Poor wording on my part, they got so angry lol. Few minutes pass and they D/C.

Game continues, rest of my team is pretty cool. I'm tryin' to hold Bottom and it's working out well enough. The enemies weren't being very aggressive. Top Teemo was dying pretty often, but our Vi was really helpful to me and we even netted a double on Bot. Eventually Kalista comes back and explains their comp shut down. I give them a no problem and say that it's just good to see them back.

Few more minutes pass and we get them into their base and this huge 5v5 teamfight breaks out. It's just a huge cluster* and I'm just throwing all my stuff out. I hear the words "TRIPLE KILL!" shouted out after the fight, and I realize ayyyy that's my face. This is where Kalista comes back to bombard me with more whining about KS and blah blah but the game was over anyways.

I explain at the end game chat that I honestly didn't notice anything (like, low health peeps to "snipe"), and wasn't trying to KS or whatever. I just try to make sure they die and we live, you know?

"OH so you don't notice anything
no gold?
no teammate?
stop playing dumb
idiot"

Then they left.

Vi chimes in afterwards with a witty, "NEW SONA SKIN: KS SONA, SHE STEALS ALL THE KILLS, NO MATTER WHERE THEY HAPPEN. TOP LANE KILLS SEND MONEY TO SONA THROUGH HOTWIRE." That got a chuckle out of me.

Also I got S+ which was really nice. <3

Understandably TL;DR/Don't care, Basically I thought the match was fun, and the chat in this game's low rank continues to both confuse and amuse me.

anyways, impressions:

thanks for the feedback, I'll forward this on to the team.

Also would be cool if you posted on the PBE boards with this feedback!

Damn, keep getting Bugsplat after upgrading to W10 Insider 14279.rs1.160229-1700. Had issues launching the game, logging-in, Bugsplat during game and post-game too.

ChrisD

what other MOBA have you been playing? always fun to try others

Awesomenauts.
It's a 2D platformer. Game is $10 (when off sale) and has 1200~ players active on a good day. They won't go Free to Play despite the numbers (and the fact that they have skins and two paid character packs at $8 and $9). So entry is definitely not huge, but isn't low if you want the full game. Matchmaking is pretty busted right now because of said low numbers causing time disparities, and that's what the Devs use in their defense -- they're working on their own server system instead of using Steam for MM.

Fun game but I'm jaded in some regards. I've played it even through their woooorst balance periods.

Speaking of balance, I noticed last night that my Frost Queen's got nerfed. Rightfully so. Just wish I stuck around a little more in the winter to *cough*abuse*cough* use it. Nobody else in this ELO was buying it with that fancy new Eye of the Watchers being on the Suggested path.

Damn, keep getting Bugsplat after upgrading to W10 Insider 14279.rs1.160229-1700. Had issues launching the game, logging-in, Bugsplat during game and post-game too.

Ran into this issue on the other PC on the house. Wanted to duo with my brother, Bugsplat wasn't letting it happen period. Couldn't even load the character screen in before a Splat message. W10 on it as well.

patchday

what other MOBA have you been playing? always fun to try others

I've really gotten hooked on Smite. I can use a controller with it and was able to get all gods with their god pack. Haven't played LoL since last Sunday since Smite has taken so much of my time.

Overwatch is not a MOBA but has "champs" like a moba with the added bonus of voice communication and being able to switch out your champ during the match. Been in the beta for that.

Did just boot up LoL to have a look around. Tried to work myself up to play but ended up logging off w/o playing a match.

I did watch lol esports earlier though. Spoiler:
I saw a team using Jinx with Warlords Keystone. I'm like- "Awesome!!! If this team does well I will logon and tryout my old adc.". Well Jinx lost hard so lost motivation to try that

Top Bottom