• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

I rarely ever play ranked matches, and I play whatever role I just fill like playing.

Like at the moment I've been doing Top/Mid, before that I was going Jungle/Support.

Hard

Banned
pW8sOIV.jpg

Work it Annie, work itttttttttt

Damn getting "attempting to reconnect" every 5 seconds. I don't know if it's the server or Comcast but shit I've played 2 games all month and there always something wrong.

Blizzard

Banned
That makes sense, thanks. I feel like 3 wards is so few, I have a related question. Back in the day, I feel like red sightstone was a very final upgrade, mostly useless.

Is it better to upgrade early nowadays for spellthief/hourglass actives?
Quoting for a new page.

Blizzard

Banned
man i've been seeing a lot of malzahar lately

fuck this meta
I thought I remembered reading that the meta is in a healthy state if Malzahar does well, like he's a good measure of things. I guess after the rework it will be different.

Also, QSS removes the suppression / silence -- it's a good item to buy against Malz or Zed.

Hard

Banned
I thought I remembered reading that the meta is in a healthy state if Malzahar does well, like he's a good measure of things. I guess after the rework it will be different.

Also, QSS removes the suppression / silence -- it's a good item to buy against Malz or Zed.

Ah yes, 1300 in non-combat stats for a damage dealer. I love it.

Ashhong

Ok so right now I have 1 skin, 1 ward skin, 2 chests and 3 key fragments.

If I do a re-roll of the skin into random skin, it will just pick any random skin and give it to me permanently? otherwise I should disenchant it if I don't want it right?

edit: nice, got a legendary demondblade tryn shard. too bad I don't play him. But he seems to be worth a decent amount of essence...If I do the re-roll with this guy, will I get a better random skin than if I used a regular shard?

Blizzard

Banned
I tried playing Soraka but the Q skillshot seems so slow! If I aim behind, enemies walk forwards half the time, and if I aim on them they can walk back.

Ok so right now I have 1 skin, 1 ward skin, 2 chests and 3 key fragments.

If I do a re-roll of the skin into random skin, it will just pick any random skin and give it to me permanently? otherwise I should disenchant it if I don't want it right?

edit: nice, got a legendary demondblade tryn shard. too bad I don't play him. But he seems to be worth a decent amount of essence...If I do the re-roll with this guy, will I get a better random skin than if I used a regular shard?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, just break it if it's a big item you don't like/ want.

The random item can be ANYTHING, no better chances. Could be a shitty 500ip on.

Ashhong

I tried playing Soraka but the Q skillshot seems so slow! If I aim behind, enemies walk forwards half the time, and if I aim on them they can walk back.

Position it so that no matter their choice it's bad. For example, throw it slightly behind if they have minions in front of them so they cant walk out of it. Or if they do walk forward they get poked by your ADC.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, just break it if it's a big item you don't like/ want.

The random item can be ANYTHING, no better chances. Could be a shitty 500ip on.

Ah got it, thanks!

drawkcaB

man i've been seeing a lot of malzahar lately

fuck this meta

Me too. Know what else I've been seeing non-stop? Lux. So yep, fuck this meta.

I want that Maokai sapling buff to drop already. Unless it has, and I'm totally late on it.

Next patch, so mid-next week.

Played my 2nd Elise game and...I'm done. Lost the second match big time but the entire team kinda sucked ass so my own shitty performance doesn't feel so bad (and boy, was it crappy, point blank cocoon misses crappy). Bigger issue is that in the two games I played I didn't have any fun. I dunno, I guess Elise just isn't fun for me anymore. Played a 2nd match this time with Ekko and had a blast.

So the jungle rotation right now is Ekko, Skarner, and Sejuani, with Nautilus and Sion as fun picks. Think I'm going to give Poppy jungle another go at it.

The one gaping whole I have right now is a jungle marksman, but I'm hesitant to try it any of the three viable choices (Graves, Quinn, Kindred) for various reasons. Kindred looks like she might be interesting but I'm weary of picking up a devourer jungler.

Blizzard

Banned
The second game with Soraka I did better. She seems very funny in terms of frustrating the enemy team. I get very low health though.

Is there any way to see what grades you got after finishing a game? Someone said I had an S+ (and I got a chest drop), but none of the match history methods I've tried show letter grades.

zkylon

zkylewd
Complain about malzahar but love lux

Rip
dude i spent more time than anyone here trying to come up with ideas on how to best nerf lux

was super random of me to tie having played against a lot of malzahars with the current state of the meta since that was just random bad luck but still, it's really annoying to not be able to say something about another champion without being told "but lux is more op"

Yeah, I gotta remember to hold off on rp. 10 bucks here and there add up ...

Shitty thing is that I want hextech mainly for Poppy skins. Some how they thought it a good idea to rework her, update all her models and make most all of them "legacy" skins that aren't available for normal buying. I got some cool skins from then boxes I opened but 90% of the time I'm like "I don't give a fuck about Brand, why would I waste dust on this Zombie Skin?/ I don't care about Cho and have never played him, so no reason to keep Battlecast Legendary skin...".

I just want one of the poppy skins that arnt on the store ... then I couldn't care less about this random system of confusion.

garath

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2127960524/42766588?tab=overview

Braum top baby. The guy claimed he panic picked it. But type2 offered to pick him a real top and swap for braum but he didn't say a word. I suspect he really just wanted to play braum top. Our midlaner was trying to get the top laner to swap roles wtih him too. Apparently be wasn't very comfortable in mid. It showed in game.

It probably should have been a dodge but whatever. All it takes to win garbo like that is a dominant bot lane and a legendary Yi. Type2 and I got a 3 min double kill to give me a BF sword at 19cs first back lol. Yi just crushed everywhere else.

The only issues were a horrid veigar. Fed the crap out of Morgana and really just played bad in general. Like hanging around the Baron pit with no health when Yi steals it then instead of running to preserve our only Baron buff he tries to Q into the Baron pit and gets hit by Jhin to die.

And jhins damage is just stupid. Even with our massive lead, he'd still come super close to killing me in a 2v2. He did once. Got his final crit shot off in his dying breath to take away a quarter of my health. Insane.

But Leona ult into ashe ult with Yi beating on you is a great way to lose. I don't even remember the braum doing anything lol. Felt like a 3v5.

Good win. I love the ashe Leona combo. With some decent coordination you can really control a game.

"Janna stop fucking shielding yourself"

in lane against a low range bot lane

>:|

---

Game #2 as Janna. Horrible and fun at the same time. It was essentially a free win, so everyone must throw as hard as possible. Xin kept 1v3ing. Ez didn't want to win because he "wants full build". We could have legit lost the game because objective wise it was dead even and it was difficult to get people to group up. Ended up buying both Portal and Banner for pushing while I grouped with whoever wasn't wandering aimlessly. I have never used Portal befor.

patchday

Can I get added to the GAF club? IGN: Ryotian

Havent played since Sunday but I'm sure I'll get back on soon to play some of my favorite champs.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2127960524/42766588?tab=overview

Braum top baby. The guy claimed he panic picked it. But type2 offered to pick him a real top and swap for braum but he didn't say a word. I suspect he really just wanted to play braum top. Our midlaner was trying to get the top laner to swap roles wtih him too. Apparently be wasn't very comfortable in mid. It showed in game.

It probably should have been a dodge but whatever. All it takes to win garbo like that is a dominant bot lane and a legendary Yi. Type2 and I got a 3 min double kill to give me a BF sword at 19cs first back lol. Yi just crushed everywhere else.

The only issues were a horrid veigar. Fed the crap out of Morgana and really just played bad in general. Like hanging around the Baron pit with no health when Yi steals it then instead of running to preserve our only Baron buff he tries to Q into the Baron pit and gets hit by Jhin to die.

And jhins damage is just stupid. Even with our massive lead, he'd still come super close to killing me in a 2v2. He did once. Got his final crit shot off in his dying breath to take away a quarter of my health. Insane.

But Leona ult into ashe ult with Yi beating on you is a great way to lose. I don't even remember the braum doing anything lol. Felt like a 3v5.

Good win. I love the ashe Leona combo. With some decent coordination you can really control a game.

Just looked up your entire history you are doing great with Ashe. Well you're doing good overall. I never see you on when I play I'd probably watch

Tizoc

Of course I get a braindead riven who doesn't farm at turret, feeds fiora PUSHES ALL THE WAY THROUGH TOP LANE UNWARDED and thinks they're not at fault.

garath

Can I get added to the GAF club? IGN: Ryotian

Havent played since Sunday but I'm sure I'll get back on soon to play some of my favorite champs.

Just looked up your entire history you are doing great with Ashe. Well you're doing good overall. I never see you on when I play I'd probably watch

Ah thanks. Actually been doing pretty poorly in the jungle lately which used to be my bread and butter. Havent put my finger on why yet.

Ashe is pretty awesome. I've only lost one ranked game with her so far. She brings a lot of utility on top of decent damage. And essence reaver rush is godly on her. It completely changed her mid game for me. The bans have to be right though. Shyvana, malphite, zed and yi can completely wreck your day.

I'm usually on 7-8pm est. Not a big window. Have kids and wife and job so life only allows little windows of time. :)

kenbo

Shitty thing is that I want hextech mainly for Poppy skins. Some how they thought it a good idea to rework her, update all her models and make most all of them "legacy" skins that aren't available for normal buying. I got some cool skins from then boxes I opened but 90% of the time I'm like "I don't give a fuck about Brand, why would I waste dust on this Zombie Skin?/ I don't care about Cho and have never played him, so no reason to keep Battlecast Legendary skin...".

I just want one of the poppy skins that arnt on the store ... then I couldn't care less about this random system of confusion.
Wait for the legacy sales

patchday

Ah thanks. Actually been doing pretty poorly in the jungle lately which used to be my bread and butter. Havent put my finger on why yet.

Ashe is pretty awesome. I've only lost one ranked game with her so far. She brings a lot of utility on top of decent damage. And essence reaver rush is godly on her. It completely changed her mid game for me. The bans have to be right though. Shyvana, malphite, zed and yi can completely wreck your day.

I'm usually on 7-8pm est. Not a big window. Have kids and wife and job so life only allows little windows of time. :)

Ah 7-8 est that explains it. I usually bing hard over the weekends but on weekdays I don't get to play til like 8-10pm CST. And that's usually every other day at best I guess

edit- And yep, job, wife, and kids keep me swamped

patchday

Yeah I stopped buying skins and RP altogether. Everytime I turn around the meta changes (which is actually a good thing overall) but it has the nasty side effect that champs come and go in popularity and win rate. Plus I own over half the champs (around 70ish).

Cant get rid of the feeling I wish all the heroes past/present/future could be unlocked somehow with a one time purchase of like $60 or something (yeah Smite spoiled me in that regard and HoTS had an amazing 50% off everything sale a few months ago so I own everything there too)

I could easily afford to probably pay for every single hero but then I stop and think- well maybe I could spend that on a new game instead. Got Bayonetta 2 for $30. Probably blew almost half that on the last Challenger skin I bought. And it was for a champ I suck at too. That was my wake up call to save my money. Now I'm stingy with all my other f2p games too lol.

All that being said I will probably toss Riot some money eventually for something because I love the LoL esports.

Top Bottom