• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
happy_birthday__ezreal___20160316__by_shishiilol-d9vwegf.jpg
bloop

maybe you should try playing sivir noot

Blizzard

Banned
I played with someone who seemed good. Added them and duo'd the next game, won 23-11. Added a duo from THAT game, combined for a 4-person game. Won 32-13.

We've now added the odd person out, a jungler who said they usually get S ranks, and queued with 5.

The beautiful dream has crashed down, since the other team went 5-invade cheese for first blood, and rengar counterjungling lee sin all game.

I caved and bought 25 chests. Got Forecast Janna and a few legacy skins out of it, as well as completing my shaco skin collection so I'm happy ....... I guess. Got Varus, Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaven and Groot too.

garath

I think I'm going quit/take a break from league. I just don't enjoy solo q anymore. So many games that I've played are just over by 20 minutes. I just farm lane and I'm done. I feel like I can't do anything playing ADC nowadays. I don't know if I'm just playing really badly or if it's a meta thing but I feel like I have no impact on the outcome of the game whatsoever. I still enjoy dynamic queue, but I've always been more of a solo player. Maybe I'll feel better playing the solo q playlist? I really have no idea. Anyways, my last game. Adios folks, maybe I'll return and change my mind in a week, maybe I'll just be done for good.

Hope it's not the end :(

Take a break but come back. You'll miss it.

Try another role for more impact. Become a jungle main.

Really sucks when long time gaf LoL players are quitting. Neko and newt are like staples.

I know. It's just a dream. Bronze/Silver is probably too low for me but I was just kind of passively playing for a while. I've been trying to work on all the overall team stuff that's necessary in this game. Things like keep track of enemy wards, roams, jungler, summoners, and timing my engages for trades. Just a bunch of things beyond straight up gameplay and fighting. The essential nonessentials. One thing I need to work on is my own roams and teleports. There's always something off when I'm ready to do it. Either I can't get my lane pushed out enough or bot is pushed too far up. I dunno, I need to watch bot more when I am top. I've been getting good at catching the enemy jungler with our jungler though.

patchday

I think I'm going quit/take a break from league. I just don't enjoy solo q anymore. So many games that I've played are just over by 20 minutes. I just farm lane and I'm done. I feel like I can't do anything playing ADC nowadays. I don't know if I'm just playing really badly or if it's a meta thing but I feel like I have no impact on the outcome of the game whatsoever. I still enjoy dynamic queue, but I've always been more of a solo player. Maybe I'll feel better playing the solo q playlist? I really have no idea. Anyways, my last game. Adios folks, maybe I'll return and change my mind in a week, maybe I'll just be done for good.

I think it will be super hard for you to quit if you're really serious in this post. The reason why is because you have built an infrastructure (friends, duo queue, etc). But if you are really serious the only advice I can give is maybe watch a good show like Vikings to help distract you (this weekend I played like no games, I just marathoned through Season 3 -> Season 4 of Vikings). Maybe even try out other MOBAs for a bit to help ween you off this one and make sure you dont get too attached to the new MOBA. These types of games have strong feedback loops to get you hooked

But maybe you'll wake up and log right back in and go on a winning streak :)

killatopak

Gold Member
Just play other games. Happened to me as well when I got bored. Sooner or later you'll crave league again especially if you have outside influence like friends who play them and watching esports.

Playing Soraka top is tough. She is stupid fun to play when you are against a close range top laner like Riven or Lee. However against a champ that can all in you early on/highly mobile, is tough! I'm debating on how to build her against these guys.

My usual build is tear and then either RoA or Liandry's Torment.That said, I am tempted to go Frozen Mallet. Gives you some hp and slows. When you have it landing a full combo gets super easy. Auto -> Q -> E -> Auto (Proc Grasp of the undying.). I've not experimented building that as a second item yet. I'm going to try it later.

Any advice?

dont play soraka top

She works man.

QS2SWSs.png

Stop playing Soraka top. Stop taking Grasp on ranged champions...

This is like actually the worst thing I can imagine.

I get it for the hp. I'm not going to win long engagements. My only way to secure the kills are to out-poke them up. I'm still going to take dmg, but grasp helps recover that. I've thought about the others, maybe thunderlords or that one AP one in the ferocity mastery.

Bacon

Remember when solo lane soraka was actually viable for a bit? You could just wait until the enemy laner was in range and just hit q for instant undodgeable damage. What a time that was

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I get it for the hp. I'm not going to win long engagements. My only way to secure the kills are to out-poke them up. I'm still going to take dmg, but grasp helps recover that. I've thought about the others, maybe thunderlords or that one AP one in the ferocity mastery.
The HP zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Grasp is awful on ranged champions because its healing is nerfed. On someone with a low HP pool like Soraka it's almost meaningless. Soraka top is a pick that's basically trolling your team and I can't think of anything I'd want less in my game. The only reason you're getting away with it is because your enemies are absolutely terrible.

pigeon

Banned
She works man.

QS2SWSs.png

AD TF might be a better option.

Top Bottom