• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Any particular reason why?

Probably won't ever take them into ranked anyway. MF is probably the only adc I feel comfortable with.
I just perfect the feeling of Qing around fights and 1v1 people. Also her passive is super nice for chasing people down. I havent really liked ez when i played him.

I mean why Ezreal is better right now?
Ok well i dont know exactly if he is better because i dont play adc, but ez was one of the better adc recently but maybe after all of the nerfs he is worst than vayne now.

The reason vayne was not that good was because the adc item rework didnt really favor her. The only time it did was when rapid and static stacked and that made her good.

Hard

Banned

His ridiculous poke and kiting ability. Once Ez finishes IBG, he becomes sooooo hard to kill because of his Arcane shift along with the IBG slow and armor. Muramana ups the damage on his attacks, combined with the IBG mana, means he can spam out Q's and W's for days, whittling his opponent's health down while simultaneously slowing them so the rest of the team can unload.

Vayne can literally 1v5 if in the right hands, but she has to get in your face to do her damage, and that leaves her prone to getting caught and bursted.

His ridiculous poke and kiting ability. Once Ez finishes IBG, he becomes sooooo hard to kill because of his Arcane shift along with the IBG slow and armor. Muramana ups the damage on his attacks, combined with the IBG mana, means he can spam out Q's and W's for days, whittling his opponent's health down while simultaneously slowing them so the rest of the team can unload.

Vayne can literally 1v5 if in the right hands, but she has to get in your face to do her damage, and that leaves her prone to getting caught and bursted.
Thanks that a much better explanation than i gave. I dont play much adc so im not super in the meta bot lane.

Calvero

Banned
holy hell, darius is ridiculous. Never played him before and got a penta kill. Teemo was annoying as hell, but I managed to get first blood on him because he stayed too long under my tower. Once his last creep was about to die, I E-W-Ignite- and he flashed away but died to the turret shot chasing him. After that he'd just freeze lane, so I roamed and killed bot lane a bunch.

CjDv2Ur.jpg

Ok well i dont know exactly if he is better because i dont play adc, but ez was one of the better adc recently but maybe after all of the nerfs he is worst than vayne now.

The reason vayne was not that good was because the adc item rework didnt really favor her. The only time it did was when rapid and static stacked and that made her good.

thanks guys! I'll knab Ez.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Vayne is good if you know her in and out, but I think Ezreal is an overall safer pick. He's mobile and offers a lot of poke and damage (once you learn his kit). Vayne got sort of left behind in preseason. She still shreds but I think caster ADCs are just significantly stronger than hypercarries right now.

I still have no idea how Lucian remains untouched. His win rate is pretty low, but he's just a beast.

sleepykyo

It would be ok if she the push distance is the same, but yeah I didn't see that nerf originally. That hurts jungle poppy quite a lot.

I'm not even sure what should be nerfed in Nautilus. The shield strength isn't that crazy considering the CD. Hook CD and damage are alright. His base stats are
kinda bad. E could be trimmed more. I suppose reducing the duration of his passive root would be good, but I'm not sure that affects top Naut all that much. Nerfing the passive damage would hurt top Naut but do nothing to support Naut.

My preference would be to change his ult slightly so that landing it takes a bit of skill. Maybe Naut needs to detonate it manually with a slight delay. Or change it wholesale into a skillshot of sorts and give players a chance to get out of it.

Nautilus and Poppy seem to do pretty well with the Sunfire into Frozen Gauntlet build so nerfing either those would probably change the top meta. Not that I mind the current top meta after a season and a half of Fiora, and Darius/Quinn/Lissandra/ unsuccessfully trying to hold Fiora down.

drawkcaB

I think you're forgetting that Naut has a tonne of damage on his AAs, unlike Maokai. Damage statistics over the entire game on champion.gg aren't going to tell you the full story. There's a reason why Naut has a significantly better winrate than Mao despite them filling similar roles. Mao has poke with his sapling thing, which is naturally going to boost his damage stat.

Naut's AA is probably more important as a farming tool than it is damage to champions. Even at level 18 it's something like an extra 110 damage before reductions on decently long CD for that sort of passive. Over the duration of a fight, Maokai's higher AA base damage and attack speed evens things out. It's certainly not a ton of damage.

Naut's ult can deal damage more easily than Maokai's and sapling damage is heavily backloaded to the explosion which at range is pretty easy to dodge.

Point I'm making here is that you could dive into the minutae of how each deals their damage and you'll end up concluding what the numbers we have seem to imply: one isn't massively outdoing the other on total damage, and both mostly go about dealing damage In largely the same way, a bit of sustain and a bit of burst.

Nautilus being better than Maokai right now is better explained by two factors.

First, Maokai having had his mini-rework about 6-9 months before Nautilus' has been subject to more nerfs. Since patch 5.5 Nautilus has gotten two nerfs. Maokai essentially got trimmed throughout season 5.

Second, the current picks favour Nautilus more. Even though the kits are similar, the main differentiator is that Nautilus is substantially better at pick & lockdown while Maokai is better at defending, particularly against AoE by virtue of his ult. A meta featuring more ADCs than usual (in up to four locations now) and a higher frequency of assassins in the mid lane, more soft targets basically, is going to favour Nautilus' pick & pop play pattern. To confirm, who's the other big dog top lane tank? Poppy - who can also pick & lockdown with relative ease. Under the radar top tanks with high win rates? Sion, who , though his pick potential is bad, can engage and lock down for something like up to 4s when landing a good ult. If you take a look at the win rates of all top lane champions you'll see a general trend where champions who can lock down a target or two for an extended duration are doing quite better than those who can't.

The return of sunfire cape, cheap IBG, etc. contribute as well but as Quinn, Graves, and Kindred are tuned down that'll have a effect of reducing the effectiveness of "pick" tanks since those non-bot ADCs are likely to be replaced by other tanks and bruisers top and jungle.
An extra body to absorb hooks, unstoppable forces, wall slams, etc. can go a long way.

I suspect that if the Mage rework is successful and we start seeing more control, range, and AoE out of the midlane Maokai's numbers will tick up.

And this isn't to say that Nautilus isn't OP. He clearly is. But there's more to this than just the numbers in his kit. Defensive items as a whole are too strong right now. I get the reason why. When players are behind in lane Riot wants them to be able to dip into cheap defenses to stop the bleeding. Which is fine for the low and mid tier defensive items but the big ticket items are too cheap.

Newt

It's not meant to be condescending, if you didn't have issues with ranked before you're unlikely to have issues now. You'll get with a 4-man premade once every 20 games or so.

You have the option to play with more people, but you don't have to. It's fine.

With clubs it's easier than ever to get into a group of people with similar ranks who want to play if you want to find new people. I know GAF is inactive, especially EUWGAF. On a sidenote, we're more people than I expected in the gaf club in EUW.
GAF isn't really inactive on NA. I've seen lots of people from bronze to gold playing ranked with each other. You're only going to have problems starting at Plat.
Naut's AA is probably more important as a farming tool than it is damage to champions. Even at level 18 it's something like an extra 110 damage before reductions on decently long CD for that sort of passive. Over the duration of a fight, Maokai's higher AA base damage and attack speed evens things out. It's certainly not a ton of damage.

Naut's ult can deal damage more easily than Maokai's and sapling damage is heavily backloaded to the explosion which at range is pretty easy to dodge.

Point I'm making here is that you could dive into the minutae of how each deals their damage and you'll end up concluding what the numbers we have seem to imply: one isn't massively outdoing the other on total damage, and both mostly go about dealing damage In largely the same way, a bit of sustain and a bit of burst.

Nautilus being better than Maokai right now is better explained by two factors.

First, Maokai having had his mini-rework about 6-9 months before Nautilus' has been subject to more nerfs. Since patch 5.5 Nautilus has gotten two nerfs. Maokai essentially got trimmed throughout season 5.

Second, the current picks favour Nautilus more. Even though the kits are similar, the main differentiator is that Nautilus is substantially better at pick & lockdown while Maokai is better at defending, particularly against AoE by virtue of his ult. A meta featuring more ADCs than usual (in up to four locations now) and a higher frequency of assassins in the mid lane, more soft targets basically, is going to favour Nautilus' pick & pop play pattern. To confirm, who's the other big dog top lane tank? Poppy - who can also pick & lockdown with relative ease. Under the radar top tanks with high win rates? Sion, who , though his pick potential is bad, can engage and lock down for something like up to 4s when landing a good ult. If you take a look at the win rates of all top lane champions you'll see a general trend where champions who can lock down a target or two for an extended duration are doing quite better than those who can't.

The return of sunfire cape, cheap IBG, etc. contribute as well but as Quinn, Graves, and Kindred are tuned down that'll have a effect of reducing the effectiveness of "pick" tanks since those non-bot ADCs are likely to be replaced by other tanks and bruisers top and jungle.
An extra body to absorb hooks, unstoppable forces, wall slams, etc. can go a long way.

I suspect that if the Mage rework is successful and we start seeing more control, range, and AoE out of the midlane Maokai's numbers will tick up.

And this isn't to say that Nautilus isn't OP. He clearly is. But there's more to this than just the numbers in his kit. Defensive items as a whole are too strong right now. I get the reason why. When players are behind in lane Riot wants them to be able to dip into cheap defenses to stop the bleeding. Which is fine for the low and mid tier defensive items but the big ticket items are too cheap.
Yeah, agree a lot of the problems aren't just with the tanks, it's with mages and the reworked ADCs.

The prodigal idiot returneth. I need a loyalty card, every 5 bans you get a get ouf of jail free card.

So what did I miss besides Newt beating Regi's retirement period record and the whole solo Q merdestorm

Edwardo

I think I'd rather support a Vayne right now than an Ezreal. Maybe its just the nature of the blue build, but lots of Ezreal's are content with sitting back farming and stacking all lane phase.

wb Stone

Newt

I think I'd rather support a Vayne right now than an Ezreal. Maybe its just the nature of the blue build, but lots of Ezreal's are content with sitting back farming and stacking all lane phase.
You can't play Ez without Eing forward. Some people don't understand that.

It's basically what they can do until Manamune is done unless they know how to take risks which 99% of Ez players don't lol

Newt

BTW guys, inhouse tomorrow. Hopefully Good Friday will be the day I get over the hate of this meta :^).

t1458941400z3.png

If I see Naut or Poppy against me, I'm tryharding

Got a ton of rp for AS cause I need my IP.

Gonna try Darius to see if I can add him to my top picks rotation cause he's free. Only got 6k ip ... not sure if I want him or MK or Naut. Or maybe I should just get Liss, she can go top or mid and I like her style.

Anyway, got some good stuff from the chest.
Not sure why FF Trist cost as much as DT Trist ...

BTW guys, inhouse tomorrow. Hopefully Good Friday will be the day I get over the hate of this meta :^).

t1458945000z3.png

If I see Naut or Poppy against me, I'm tryharding
I'm so down you may call me skill floor
Not sure why FF Trist cost as much as DT Trist ...
Because FF Trist is from a time where legendary skins were barely any different from normal skins, but since people paid for that garbage they can't just reduce the price and piss those fools off.

patchday

The prodigal idiot returneth. I need a loyalty card, every 5 bans you get a get ouf of jail free card.

So what did I miss besides Newt beating Regi's retirement period record and the whole solo Q merdestorm

Hi, welcome back :) Be careful out there in gaming section bro. They dont understand you like we do lol

JulianImp

So I logged back into the game after since the hextech update has finally gone live in LAS, and out of my one free chest I get...
I was kind of not that happy about getting blacksmith poppy out of the masquerade event, but this makes up for that and then some. Go go gadget copter!

clemenx

Banned
So I logged back into the game after since the hextech update has finally gone live in LAS, and out of my one free chest I get...

I was kind of not that happy about getting blacksmith poppy out of the masquerade event, but this makes up for that and then some. Go go gadget copter!

It's up in LAN as well, got Jurassic Chogath

I'm kinda confused about ASol's E, is he globally visible while flying like Reksai's ult or just if youre within vision range in the fog of war?

Edwardo

I have tickets to see BvS tomorrow, but I might be able to squeeze in an inhouse or two before I go.

What I really want is to get back to gold this weekend. I'm a game or two out of promos, so hopefully everything will go swimmingly as long as the league gods are on my side.

Top Bottom