• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

clemenx

Banned
Damn at the Poppy nerfs. Kill Naut as well then please.

The only thing I actually don't like is the range loss on the E... is not like the wall stun is always a given. Almost always requires fuckup from the target.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
These Jhin nerfs are not enough...still too much power on the ult and the W.

drawkcaB

The only thing I actually don't like is the range loss on the E... is not like the wall stun is always a given. Almost always requires fuckup from the target.

It would be ok if she the push distance is the same, but yeah I didn't see that nerf originally. That hurts jungle poppy quite a lot.

I'm not even sure what should be nerfed in Nautilus. The shield strength isn't that crazy considering the CD. Hook CD and damage are alright. His base stats are
kinda bad. E could be trimmed more. I suppose reducing the duration of his passive root would be good, but I'm not sure that affects top Naut all that much. Nerfing the passive damage would hurt top Naut but do nothing to support Naut.

My preference would be to change his ult slightly so that landing it takes a bit of skill. Maybe Naut needs to detonate it manually with a slight delay. Or change it wholesale into a skillshot of sorts and give players a chance to get out of it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
PBE is updating again.

so far:

Jhin, Soraka, Poppy, Maw nerfs. Seems ok.

Surprised Jhin's base damages aren't even lower, honestly. I feel like his kit has damage that isn't that hard to work for. He's a hyperscaling lane bully, and that's kind of weird. I don't want to see him get gutted like Jinx, though.

I'd love to see his W changed to where it does basically no damage at all unless you get the root, or something like that.

jerd

Yo dimb here's the answer to the key problem

Keys fragments don't keep getting rarer and rarer - the earn rate resets every month (on a per player basis).

I think the best metaphor I can give on keys is similar to a leveling system. Every level you get a key fragment. Earlier levels take less XP than later levels, as with pretty much all video games. Each (player) month you're reset to level 0 (which means it's now easier to get keys again).

This structure helps newer players or players that can't play a bunch in a given month still make meaningful progress towards unlocking their chests without giving super engaged players all of their key fragments day 1.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yo dimb here's the answer to the key problem
This does not help me understand any better. I get that there are reduced rates but when you go like 20 wins without a fragment it feels like the system might as well not even be there. You 70% winrate your last 20 games and smash Wingsofdeathx and it's just like...why am I not getting the same rewards as other people?

Newt

This does not help me understand any better. I get that there are reduced rates but when you go like 20 wins without a fragment it feels like the system might as well not even be there. You 70% winrate your last 20 games and smash Wingsofdeathx and it's just like...why am I not getting the same rewards as other people?
How many fragments have you gotten? I've got a total of 5 so far.

kenbo

Hmm the system is normalised to 12 fragments a month

You've earned 8 in 1 week so your current pacing is too high for the system probably

zer0das

Banned

Righttt.. Poppy wall stuns required no screw up from the target, they'd magnetize to the nearest wall more or less. Only thing less fair was when Vayne condemn had 650 range.

Talents

Banned
Is something wrong with selecting skins? I keep being given Musketeer Twisted Fate even though I spam click High Noon. Seriously I clicked it so much in pre game select to make sure it went through. Kept checking that it was still selected up until the last second and it still gave me Musketeer. What?

patchday

Yeah almost every hero has their time in the sun. Hope they dont shat over Poppy too much she's like the only "new" hero I see getting play in LCS. After they screw her up LCS will be super boring to watch

(poppy and jhin I think were the two new regulars this pro season)

Is something wrong with selecting skins? I keep being given Musketeer Twisted Fate even though I spam click High Noon. Seriously I clicked it so much in pre game select to make sure it went through. Kept checking that it was still selected up until the last second and it still gave me Musketeer. What?

High Noon is disabled rn.

Nekofrog

Banned
funny enough, I was playing ARAM twisted fate last night, and a guy did the skin unlock thing so I got High Noon TF.

His Q cards looked reeeeeeeeaaaaalllyyy small to me, like tiny tiny tiny tiny. Small enough to make them really hard to see, but I don't play TF much so I dunno.

They are well deserved.

I don't think so.

Poppy IMO is one of those non-oppressive champs that are useful regardless of how well they did in lane. I feel that that's what they want AS to be to, a champ that can remain useful to the team if behind but not be oppressive if fed. It's refreshing having champs like that. Champs that stand on the other side, balancing out the "they're shit early game but if the game last for 40 mins they're OP!/ Gotta get fed early if you wanna do anything late game" champs.

Her whole kit revolves around capitalizing on the enemy making poor choices. These nerfs just seem so unwarranted to me, hope they don't go through with it.

clemenx

Banned
Would taking the bonus damage from Iceborn Gauntlet kill the item? Maybe make the slow stronger or the field bigger. I feel the mini burst tanks get it's a bit lame.

Would kill lue Ez tho and I like playing that thing. This is probably a terrible idea like most I get about this game.

kenbo

WTF at these Poppy nerfs???
So sad.

And this is the patch with such cool skins :mad:
Have you laned against poppy? She is pretty strong
I'm just trying to open the boxes they gave me...
Yeah the key and chest mechanic opens a latency between the two that creates revenue

Its a little crap that people who play a lot might feel punished

I mean I get that they don't want casual players to feel disadvantaged and this is probably the best solution (unless fragment drop rate falls to zero at some point. That should never happen in a fair system)

Ferga

Poppy is unkillable and does damage fed or unfed. She has the ability to wall stun AFTER jumping over a wall with her current E range.

She can also zone an entire backline from a fight alone with her mobility, W passive and ult.

That's not right.

I just encountered the strangest kind of rage after my most recent game.

The entire game, my team was going on a rampage, but the enemy ADC kept going postal in all chat over the fact that our ADC (my friend who hasn't played in 3-4 months) wasted his ban on Cait since he ended up taking Sivir. The other ADC kept on stressing that Sivir counters Cait, we could have banned a more important champion, and that our strategy would have been better.....even though the score was like 17-3 in our favor. Dude kept calling us trash, and it was so weird.

The guy even started to say stuff like "Anyone can play Azir" just because our Azir was breaking their ankles while shredding them in the process.

NG4Ax.gif

Have you laned against poppy? She is pretty strong

Yes, I have. Was one of my first games with Garen who happens to be a good counter to her. But I didn't know this cause I beat the bricks off of a Garen before as Poppy (and as Diana top ... I use to think Garen was weak shit because of how easy it is to lane against him with her). Like with any match up you're in a better spot if you think about what their champ does and what they want to do to you.

As I said, her kit revolves around capitalizing on the enemies mistake if you want to put out full dmg on her skills. My hardest lanes are against people who actually think about their position in relation to me (cause without the wall slam a good bit of her power is cut)

Not saying she's not strong (I think she's a good, well designed champ and a solid tank) ... but that doesn't matter. There are always gonna be strong champs and weak champs. The question is, is she "too strong"? I don't think so.

EDIT- Also laned against her as Diana. I remember it cause I steam rolled over her and she went afk for a good bit. Someone on the enemy team shit talked my rageblade/ nt build. Was a fun win.

Poppy nerfs? Noooo. She's my go-to Jungler if I have to jungle, but also fun to support with on occasion.

I just got my first promotion, from Silver V to IV. Need to get back to Gold.

jerd

Poppy is unkillable and does damage fed or unfed. She has the ability to wall stun AFTER jumping over a wall with her current E range.

She can also zone an entire backline from a fight alone with her mobility, W passive and ult.

That's not right.

Yup

I'm honestly shocked her win rate is as low as it is because playing against her it just feels like she does everything

Newt

I'm glad Poppy is getting nerfed, but Riot has to remember something -- tanks don't get to do dmg, only bruisers do.

If Riven/Darius/Illaoi are destroying a team with their damage, that's perfectly okay with me. If Poppy/Naut/Udyr (runic then full tank) I'm gonna be having problems.

Darius and Illaoi have to work to actually get in because of their lack of mobility, Riven is pretty squishy and easy to burst down. They actually have to work to get in the enemy backline.

jerd

I think giving tanks good sustained damage is healthy. If you have a tank sitting on you for 10+ seconds as a squishy you probably shouldn't still be alive. It's the burst that creates problems

Newt

No, it's the other way around. CC should always be gated by cooldowns so tanks need to have higher burst than sustained damage. If a tank uses all their damage on ADC, the ADC should only be close to dead, not dead, and the tank needs to wait a decent cooldown to finish them off.

Someone like Maokai is a good example of what a tank should be like. Maokai takes a while to kill someone, but you can't just ignore him.

jerd

No, it's the other way around. CC should always be gated by cooldowns so tanks need to have higher burst than sustained damage. If a tank uses all their damage on ADC, the ADC should only be close to dead, not dead, and the tank needs to wait a decent cooldown to finish them off.

Someone like Maokai is a good example of what a tank should be like. Maokai takes a while to kill someone, but you can't just ignore him.

I guess the really problematic tanks of late have had both. Nautilus, malphite, and poppy all have good upfront burst as well as good sustained damage, especially since sunfire is pretty good now.

I basically mean what you said but I don't think sustained damage is the word I was looking for

Top Bottom