• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

ChrisD

I just encountered the strangest kind of rage after my most recent game.

The entire game, my team was going on a rampage, but the enemy ADC kept going postal in all chat over the fact that our ADC (my friend who hasn't played in 3-4 months) wasted his ban on Cait since he ended up taking Sivir. The other ADC kept on stressing that Sivir counters Cait, we could have banned a more important champion, and that our strategy would have been better.....even though the score was like 17-3 in our favor. Dude kept calling us trash, and it was so weird.

The guy even started to say stuff like "Anyone can play Azir" just because our Azir was breaking their ankles while shredding them in the process.

NG4Ax.gif

I read this like three times over. I thought you were messing up with pronouns or something at first because why would the enemy care and why would they further press the issue. Funny rage-story. Shows that raging salt doesn't need sense.

but if riot wanted to stop nidalee from dominating competitive play then they shouldn't be saying "Oh you can't do that but just so you can here's a buff so nothing really changes." She literally warps the competitive meta because of how ridiculously fast she can solo clear and how much map pressure having a good nidalee gives to a team.

Why is that.

Just frustrated with trading wins and losses constantly, never advancing anywhere. I have a great game and then I get stuck with people who really don't know what they're doing so my LP is literally going nowhere and the games played are just piling up. Getting better and fixing mistakes is fine and learning ... but why waste my time in ranked when I can do that in normals and never touch ranked again?

And just the toxic attitudes are weighing me down and making me snap at people. There's far more of them in ranked than normals in my experience.

drawkcaB

Someone like Maokai is a good example of what a tank should be like. Maokai takes a while to kill someone, but you can't just ignore him.

I don't want to blow your bubble but Maokai's damage potential is about the same as Naut's. Just doing some quick calcs and checking data on champion.gg shows this. Both have upfront burst and sustained damage as well. If Maokai was a staple top lane pick you'd be complaining about him too.

Played a Sejuani and Kindred game today. Sejuani game was stomp for the W but Kindred was a drawn out loss. 3rd Kindred game and feeling better at her, but nowhere's near competent. Had a few situations where I should have had kills but I wasn't aggressive again. Even though I'm improving, and certainly making my own mistakes, I'm having awful luck with teammates, both players and some really odd comps. In this game I had a dumbass proxy Singed and a bot lane than gave up a pair of kills before I even cleared three camps. Bot lane wouldn't stop pushing even when behind which let mid/jungle collapse on a few occasions and Singed wouldn't stop splitpushing, which is normally fine on Singed, but they had a ton of engage against our otherwise squishy team.

Went Devourer->Runaan's and naturally because I hate Devourer I did a really shit job of stacking it.

Newt

I don't want to blow your bubble but Maokai's damage potential is about the same as Naut's. Just doing some quick calcs and checking data on champion.gg shows this. Both have upfront burst and sustained damage as well. If Maokai was a staple top lane pick you'd be complaining about him too.

Played a Sejuani and Kindred game today. Sejuani game was stomp for the W but Kindred was a drawn out loss. 3rd Kindred game and feeling better at her, but nowhere's near competent. Had a few situations where I should have had kills but I wasn't aggressive again. Even though I'm improving, and certainly making my own mistakes, I'm having awful luck with teammates, both players and some really odd comps. In this game I had a dumbass proxy Singed and a bot lane than gave up a pair of kills before I even cleared three camps. Bot lane wouldn't stop pushing even when behind which let mid/jungle collapse on a few occasions and Singed wouldn't stop splitpushing, which is normally fine on Singed, but they had a ton of engage against our otherwise squishy team.

Went Devourer->Runaan's and naturally because I hate Devourer I did a really shit job of stacking it.
I think you're forgetting that Naut has a tonne of damage on his AAs, unlike Maokai. Damage statistics over the entire game on champion.gg aren't going to tell you the full story. There's a reason why Naut has a significantly better winrate than Mao despite them filling similar roles. Mao has poke with his sapling thing, which is naturally going to boost his damage stat.

I somehow got 6/1/7 with Mid Maokai. I also baited a Twitch into following me into a bush with 3 of my saplings waiting to end his life. lol

Tizoc

MF is so stupid at low elo
Imho essence reaver isnt worth it on mf early on
Her cooldowns arent as long as say trist or lucian nor is her mana managment like sivir's
The traditional build for adcs ould work fine on her
This is based on my own experience mind u :x

jerd

What if I don't have friends who play this game?
What if I have friends who play but not regularly?

Best get used to playing with 4 mans...

Once every 25 games.

Real though in like 150+ games this season I have never once noticed a difference that I could attribute to the enemy team being queued together. It's a complete non issue imo

Lmao. This Full AP Maokai really is too fun. I just went 22/13/18 on the last matched that I had. At one point I had 5 saplings in a bush, and baited this Nocturne/Bard, which ended up killing them both as soon as they got close.

Once I had full build, I was doing 1440+ from a sapling. Fun times.

Tizoc

Lmao. This Full AP Maokai really is too fun. I just went 22/13/18 on the last matched that I had. At one point I had 5 saplings in a bush, and baited this Nocturne/Bard, which ended up killing them both as soon as they got close.

Once I had full build, I was doing 1440+ from a sapling. Fun times.
Tell me ur build i must try it

faridmon

Best get used to playing with 4 mans...

Once every 25 games.

Real though in like 150+ games this season I have never once noticed a difference that I could attribute to the enemy team being queued together. It's a complete non issue imo

Yeah, Playing against premade sucks, but I haven't noticed any real effect on my Elo standing.

you coudlve been the 1 with 2 duo queues before and i didnt see you complain

Im a solo player and i dont see the difference tbh

lol I am not complaining. I am just questioning the whole thing and how it would affect me in the future.

Leezard

So what you are saying is deal with it.

Very condescending.

Even the most dedicated GAffers in the club don't play regularly.

It's not meant to be condescending, if you didn't have issues with ranked before you're unlikely to have issues now. You'll get with a 4-man premade once every 20 games or so.

You have the option to play with more people, but you don't have to. It's fine.

With clubs it's easier than ever to get into a group of people with similar ranks who want to play if you want to find new people. I know GAF is inactive, especially EUWGAF. On a sidenote, we're more people than I expected in the gaf club in EUW.

Tell me ur build i must try it

It was nothing fancy, honestly. But the build that I ended up doing was:

Rod of Ages, Sorcerer's Shoes, Luden's Echo, Liandry's Torment, Rabadon's Deathcap, and Void Staff.

I'm sure there's better things I could have used, but it all worked out for me, haha.

faridmon

It's not meant to be condescending, if you didn't have issues with ranked before you're unlikely to have issues now. You'll get with a 4-man premade once every 20 games or so.

You have the option to play with more people, but you don't have to. It's fine.

With clubs it's easier than ever to get into a group of people with similar ranks who want to play if you want to find new people. I know GAF is inactive, especially EUWGAF. On a sidenote, we're more people than I expected in the gaf club in EUW.

Oh Ok. I just though you guys were talking about how Solo Q was planned to be redundant or something, which had me worried.

Yeah, there are a lot of people in he GAF Club on EUW than I thought it would, Could be a good opportunity to get few games together in a custom or something

I have played with Gaffers and I tend to suck a lot comparably so....

Top Bottom