• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Hard

Banned
pbe updoot

Graves
Quick Draw (E) -
Duration of True Grit lowered to 2 seconds from 4 seconds.
Basic attacks on minions no longer refresh True Grit duration.
No longer stacks up to 4 times.
True Grit armor and mr increased to 40/60/80/100/120 from 10/15/20/25/30

Good.

Warlord's Bloodlust
Maximum life steal gained reduced to 15% from 20%

Even more reason to go fervor on AA champs

Makes sense

FUCK

It's Sunfire innit. I fucking knew it, watching Dyrus play him all I could think of was "people are just gonna buy Rylai and Sunfire on this fucker and go full tank aren't they"

Makes sense. He doesn't have much peel or much burst, might as well get out as much sustained DPS as possible.

zkylon

zkylewd
First game as Aurelion Sol

Lanes were losing early. I killed the Fizz for first blood but got camped by Nocturne and couldn't really survive the ganks.

Still, I did so much better in team fights once I got my items. Did insane damage. Got an S-, and a chest for me and my team :D

man seeing that rito costy name just warms my heart

i got rito graves for my free chest skin thingie. i'll probably reroll it, it's a pretty ugly skin

drawkcaB

Makes sense

FUCK

It's Sunfire innit. I fucking knew it, watching Dyrus play him all I could think of was "people are just gonna buy Rylai and Sunfire on this fucker and go full tank aren't they"

Probably not sunfire. If they're in range for the sunfire burn then they're within his stars, kinda pointless. Like how players used to buy Sunfire on Gnar, mostly a waste.

Rylais is a must. Pair that with Liandry's for more damage. Best pure tank item will likely be Randuin's. Same tank stats as sunfire and DMP but AS will got more mileage out of the AoE slow active. RoA is a possibility, but Rylais is better for how the slow works with his stars. Veil or abyssal for MR. CDR doesn't seem massively important in him at first glance.

i'd rather have graves be shit than the way he is now tbqh :^) :^) :^)
What I mean is I don't think that first batch of will actually nerf him.
Probably not sunfire. If they're in range for the sunfire burn then they're within his stars, kinda pointless. Like how players used to buy Sunfire on Gnar, mostly a waste.

Rylais is a must. Pair that with Liandry's for more damage. Best pure tank item will likely be Randuin's. Same tank stats as sunfire and DMP but AS will got more mileage out of the AoE slow active. RoA is a possibility, but Rylais is better how the slow. Veil or abyssal for MR. CDR doesn't seem massively important in him at first glance.
The thing with his stars is that he has a dead zone - melee range - and Sunfire would cover that while also doubling down on his damage when they are within his horizon range. RoA sounds unnecessary, he doesn't seem to be MP constricted at all so might as well just get more effective HP with other tanky stuff.

Also whats with the random Ahri buff lol
Ahri
Charm (E) damage increased to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/90/120/150/200
0/5/10/15/0 more damage on her burst, whoopdeedoo? Unless they're nerfing her harder with stuff that can't be datamined and this is some "conpensation" buff.

i like it, i never really liked "upkeep" spells like vlad e or graves e
Yeah, but now he gets 2 seconds of "I take no damage" at the press of a button without having to keep up stacks between 4 cooldowns. He needs to be less tanky, not tankier for a shorter amount of time.

Also whats with the random Ahri buff lol

0/5/10/15/0 more damage on her burst, whoopdeedoo? Unless they're nerfing her harder with stuff that can't be datamined and this is some "conpensation" buff.

Maybe a slight compensation for Ahri charms not stopping dashes anymore? I dunno if that change went in or not, but I could see them wanting to compensate a little bit for that.

Maybe a slight compensation for Ahri charms not stopping dashes anymore? I dunno if that change went in or not, but I could see them wanting to compensate a little bit for that.
She didn't need compensation buffs for that. The whole point of those changes was so she would have bad match ups.

She didn't need compensation buffs for that. The whole point of those changes was so she would have bad match ups.

I don't think she did needed compensation either, that's just the only thing that comes to mind for me when I think about why they would buff charm with damage out of nowhere.

Talents

Banned
I really hope Aurellion Sol wasn't the Mid lane mage that Riot said was coming in 2016. He does not look like a mid lane mage at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, but now he gets 2 seconds of "I take no damage" at the press of a button without having to keep up stacks between 4 cooldowns. He needs to be less tanky, not tankier for a shorter amount of time.

idk, it works like a shield with a bit more permanence to it

i dunno about the tuning but im not against the idea of making it work that way

zkylon

zkylewd
I just don't think an ADC should be getting a massive defensive steroid period.
i think the problem is that his e seems to be tuned around a game in which steraks and maw and pd don't exist

i think he needs the fiora treatement and be forced to itemize riskier to gain access to his damage

So the idea is for his E to be a burst mitigation tool and they just threw super silly numbers to gauge how it works, thank fuck.
yeah, that's what i was thinking, it's a shield, essentially

they should probably make it a shield then, it's a lot easier to read and play against

jerd

Yeah I'm pretty sure those graves changes are gonna hurt him a lot. Sure it's a good steroid but now you have huge windows where he's more or less just as squishy as every other adc which you never had before

Yeah I'm pretty sure those graves changes are gonna hurt him a lot. Sure it's a good steroid but now you have huge windows where he's more or less just as squishy as every other adc which you never had before
I dunno how making his trades even stronger is gonna nerf him. In this specific batch, the only actual nerf Graves is getting is the Maw and Bloodlust nerfs.

drawkcaB

Graves change might be fine. Gives a finite window where he's tanky enough to apply damage. We'll see. Shield would work better though. Didn't riot say a while ago they were largely dumping active short duration Armor/MR steroids because they don't convey enough info to the players?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Graves changes hurt him as a laner but probably make him stronger Jungle. People are talking about "windows" or whatever and it's not that. This will make him stronger up close but weaker in mid-long range.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
so long as he refreshes true grit on champion hits then it's now an instant boost as opposed to spam e 4 times to get that tankiness

garath

Wait a fucking second, he still has refreshes on champions?

Yeah that's never gonna stick lol

Yeah. That's what I'm saying. Now he won't have to stack it and maintains it on champions. You have to juke a graves for over 2 seconds to keep him from refreshing it when he can.. You know.. 100-0 you anyways.

It will sorta weaken lane graves. At least until you are trading with him. He just won't be able to be that tanky all the time.

If they make it a shield he'll be more like a ranged riven. Don't know if that's much better.

Says non-minions, as-in no longer refreshes vs champs.

I'm not reading that. Unless there's more text on the site. Looking at the quote from hard it just says it no longer refreshes on minions.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just watched our aurelion sol go 0-10 with 90 cs at the 30 minute mark. We uh somehow won that

First impressions are not so good

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Just watched our aurelion sol go 0-10 with 90 cs at the 30 minute mark. We uh somehow won that

First impressions are not so good

i just saw a support AS almost hard carry until my team realized once he uses his q he doesn't really have any defense and goes down fast

Verbatim from surrender at 20.
That's... really weird and the complete opposite of every similar change Riot has done in this season.

Which considering how most of these recent "champion only" things turned out and how I don't want Graves being unkillable in extended trades is a wonderful thing, Riot is finally learning.

How's Kassadin?

Getting that Cosmic Reaver Kassadin skin in my box really made me wanna give him a try ... but IDK what kinda champ he is, what role he plays or how his kit works. He's one of those old ass champs that people don't bother explaining and his Spotlight is 4 years old so I assume it's outdated.

garath

oCzceUj.png

I guess I misjudged the impact the buff had on Khazix. I take it back. He's pretty stupidly awesome right now. I didn't even play the early game that well. Once I hit level 11 though it was all over. I think I one shot Lux somewhere in there. Like a single Q.

patchday

NA? I just sent u a friend request and can add u when u accept.

Are you mmmCHOWDAH? I just accepted.

Man, got home early. was hoping to play a quick ranked match but no dice. Had to pay bills and do a bunch of other boring, responsible crap. Been itching to play as Alistair somemore

Edwardo

I can't get into my gold promos. I keep gettin within one win, but then I just lose the next two lol :((((((((((

Are you mmmCHOWDAH? I just accepted.

Man, got home early. was hoping to play a quick ranked match but no dice. Had to pay bills and do a bunch of other boring, responsible crap. Been itching to play as Alistair somemore

yessir

garath

How's Kassadin?

Getting that Cosmic Reaver Kassadin skin in my box really made me wanna give him a try ... but IDK what kinda champ he is, what role he plays or how his kit works. He's one of those old ass champs that people don't bother explaining and his Spotlight is 4 years old so I assume it's outdated.

He's midlane and pretty cool. I like that skin. He has a lot of mobility with his R.

Top Bottom