• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

To me, this splash art looks like the kind of picture you would see on the login page of a low budget web browser MMO.

Right? The art style and colouring is off, it doesn't fit with the rest of the game's artwork. Her current splash isn't either but the Chinese splashes look very different and look more manga styled. Does this mean her icons in game will be changed also?

On the topic of the splashes, I'm still annoyed that Karma's are getting changed, especially Sakura Karma. She looks nothing like Karma in the Chinese splashes. And of all the characters that needed their splashes changing, Sivir is left out? Warrior Princess and Spectacular Sivir's are terrible.

Also I checked how much I've spent on the game and was kinda shocked, guess I've spent more on it than I expected, and probably doesn't include gift cards. I've spent £165 on the game, but it has been all I've played this past 12 months near enough and I don't exactly have a social life so~~~ It balances out.

patchday

So my Vayne AFK'd about 20 minutes in the game, his premade (Jax) says his mom forced him off the computer. The game was already lost at this point, I went even with the enemy poppy, but botlane fed pretty hard, and the enemy Varus snowballed out of control. I reported the Vayne and told the enemy team to report the Vayne, which they obliged. The Jax told me I was an asshole. I told him not to start games he couldn't finish. We stalled the game out for another 5 minutes but ended up losing.

Am I in the wrong here?

You did the Vayne player a favor. I bet his Mommy wants him off the game and you just helped her out by getting the little fella banned. edit: He won't get banned tho. He'll just get sent to that special leaver queue. Happened to me once when my computer kept crashing on LoL.

I always report afks even if their buddy is sitting there making excuses. Let them tell their excuses to Riot. It's not my place to judge. I just snitch.

I went to a con recently for the first time and they had PC's set up with LoL on them, and unless they made accounts specifially for use at the event, all the PC's were being used by kids probably no older than 11 and playing games looking like they knew (somewhat) what to do. Using Yasuo no less. I was shocked, and also at the realisation that these brats are probably who I get matched with and tell me to kill myself if I take one of their creeps as support.

clemenx

Banned
I went to a con recently for the first time and they had PC's set up with LoL on them, and unless they made accounts specifially for use at the event, all the PC's were being used by kids probably no older than 11 and playing games looking like they knew (somewhat) what to do. Using Yasuo no less. I was shocked, and also at the realisation that these brats are probably who I get matched with and tell me to kill myself if I take one of their creeps as support.

A while ago, one of my coworkers brought her kid to the office and was playing LoL on her PC in her office so I start talking with him a bit and he's telling me how he's high gold and shit, I saw him play a bit but he certainly knew what he was doing. He is 9 or 10, I wonder if he rages like an idiot.

But yeah, that took my by surprise a bit.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol_syndra_fan_art_by_berylcirclet-d9d3mxs.jpg

Hard

Banned
Champion.gg just updated bros:

Some highlights:

- Fiora is in the dumpster, where she belongs.

- Kalista is in the gutter, where she belongs.

- K6 is approaching 50% WR

- Void Puppy is back boys

- Space AIDS is the disease of the day

- Soraka and Janna continue to be cancer, Riot refuses to treat

- Highest WR: Rammus, Volibear, Malzahar, Kog'Maw, Soraka

- Lowest WR: Rumble, Aurelion Sol, Veigar, Urgot, Annie

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah some of those jumps are kind of surprising

kalista and fiora both got shit on with nerfs, and the runeglaive nerf probably hurt elise a whole bunch too, but then nidalee didn't feel the nerfs much

lux nerf kind of destroyed her winrate, i wonder if the spell is bugged? it feels like too big a drop for something that's not necessarily a flat nerf (i mean, it is, but there's a bit of a compensation)

i have no idea how to explain the koggie winrate spike tho edit: nvm he was always op, he just had that bugged w issue

not sure how I feel bout that Art. Syndra just sitting there chillin'.

yeah the pose there is kind of uninteresting, i agree

the colors and texture are kind of breath taking tho

Bacon

Championgg update is like Christmas every two weeks

I don't get how the er->rfc build is still the most popular on graves adc. There really is no reason to be going that route when there are two other builds for him out there that are so much better

Neol

She looks a bit chubby for realistic proportions which I like a lot actually.

- Soraka and Janna continue to be cancer, Riot refuses to treat

- Highest WR: Rammus, Volibear, Malzahar, Kog'Maw, Soraka

- Lowest WR: Rumble, Aurelion Sol, Veigar, Urgot, Annie

Always surprises me how Malzahar is a strong solo queue champ. Guessing mid and jungle never have the synergy to abuse his laning phase weaknesses.

on my last day in LA I was chatting with FeralPony (Rumble designer, now game balance) and he joked that if I didn't get him a beer he'd nerf Fiora

I never got him the beer.

Guess he wasn't really joking.

FUCK

on my last day in LA I was chatting with FeralPony (Rumble designer, now game balance) and he joked that if I didn't get him a beer he'd nerf Fiora

FUCK

The next time you're in LA, can you chat with the Rengar designer and ask if he/she could revert his bola strike change? That would be very clutch.

Hard

Banned
Always surprises me how Malzahar is a strong solo queue champ. Guessing mid and jungle never have the synergy to abuse his laning phase weaknesses.

level 6 makes for easy ganks

FUCK

You're my hero :^)

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yeah i hadn't tried lux on the new patch, just tested it right now

new w is a huge nerf, that shit is slow af

also now u gotta throw it towards where you're walking instead of other way around which will take some getting used to

Finally got three key fragments. So I opened a chest and got a Captain Fortune skin shard. Not turrbl.
yeah gj, that's like one of the best

Neol

Well people have been complaining about Lux so here it is :/

Haven't played her myself so not sure about the W changes. She still has her damage though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not really sure what is up with Soraka right now. Probably the last thought intensive champion over any iteration. Feels like it plays itself and you don't even really need to be hitting the Q. Can't really understand how she keeps coming out like this...

Zilean mid is probably the other entry in a champion that feels like it got changed to be more frustrating to play against, and less fun to play as. Expect him to surge in popularity and spread a good amount of suffering in games.

Newt

Not really sure what is up with Soraka right now. Probably the last thought intensive champion over any iteration. Feels like it plays itself and you don't even really need to be hitting the Q. Can't really understand how she keeps coming out like this...

Zilean mid is probably the other entry in a champion that feels like it got changed to be more frustrating to play against, and less fun to play as. Expect him to surge in popularity and spread a good amount of suffering in games.
Sivir is probably had the least successful change, lol.

You just push lanes without interacting with anyone.

Neol

Play him support but the suffering is going strong.

Helps a lot that most of the enemy supports are playing tanks and Janna. Guess Soraka hurts but its manageable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sivir is probably had the least successful change, lol.

You just push lanes without interacting with anyone.
I would have rather seen more power put in Q than Bouncing Blades. Her damage winds up feeling very passive outside of health bars just disappearing in team fights...

Top Bottom