• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

A good support player can make a big impact, but it's much harder to do so, because they have to impact the game in other ways aside from outright doing damage (tanking damage, peeling for carries, shields, heals, warding, etc.). That and the dependence on your ADC makes it rough if your partner isn't good.

If a good ADC has a bad Support, that ADC can still carry if he's good enough.

If a good Support has a bad ADC, well, it's gonna be a struggle.

I should play some more support in Ranked tbh. Braum is freelo.

EDIT: Zky with the 1000 posts. Gratzballa

Yeah when I speak in terms of Support and making an impact I mean from my own point of view (myself). I've had games where I went great KDA (5.0 KDA and above), bought lots of pinks, etc and we still lose. I mean literally, I could take lots of bullets for the ADC and finally run out of health pots. Many times the moment I recall the ADC will go get killed. just no idea what I'm doing wrong. just feels like I cant leave these guys alone for 1 min w/o them dying. So for my own sanity gonna take a break. Esp since I'm in Bronze V I got nothing to lose. So now is the perfect time to try other lanes and see if I can climb a bit

Or if I dont climb at least I can just some peace and quiet in my own lane for a change and enjoy the game more. I've grown to really enjoy 1v1 lane battles in the early game

also posting lewd fanart

tumblr_o4lirwwPkp1uehsklo1_1280.jpg

cheers

yeah good art :)

It depends, a bit. Whether bot lane is won or not is typically more dependent on the support. If the support is bad the lane will most likely be lost hard, but the adc can and must afk farm for a while after laning phase in order to be useful later. If the adc is bad then the support must roam and have an impact on other roles. Deciding when you need to roam and when you need to go back bot to save your adc for something can be difficult.

It's certainly possible for the support to have a big impact on the game even if the adc is bad, it just won't be as obvious in most cases.

didnt realize its okay for Support to roam a little? That would make Support more fun. next time I play that role will keep that in mind

edit: When I roam, it is after ADC is more independent and has some items. Would be nice to roam just a little bit in early-mid

patchday

Whew! Someone was gonna play Yasuo support in this lobby I was in.luckily it got canceled. I cant dodge otherwise I'll get hit with an hour wait time

didnt realize its okay for Support to roam a little? That would make Support more fun. next time I play that role will keep that in mind

edit: When I roam, it is after ADC is more independent and has some items. Would be nice to roam just a little bit in early-mid
You can roam as early as level 2 depending of what support you're playing, what champions the enemy bot lane are running and how the lane is going.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There are lots of problems to roaming on support. You let your AD carry get zoned and open up the potential for them to die. You lose out on experience and it becomes much harder to fight in the lane. It's bad to leave the lane unless you know what you are doing, or you're looking to follow the enemy support.

faridmon

Don't roam too far from your adc, and certainly not top. You lose XP and leave your adc in a precarious situation. But roam to mid sometimes if they are pushing.If you are thresh or Morgana (even Sona) then you will most of the time help out.

kenbo

tbh, in solo queue roaming should still be an uncommon occurrence

its a lot easier to pull off in pro play for a variety of reasons (namely lane swaps and communication)

the situations for roaming in solo queue:

1. your adc is going back as you're returning to lane
2. you've forced the enemy laners to go back
3. youre so ahead that your adc can 1v2 + has a freeze going on + junglers not near your lane

if you mindlessly roam while your adc is still in lane chances are your adc will die or just not farm - both which will tilt them off the ends of the earth

Just had a prefect game as AS.
Didn't make any successful roams ... nope. Got my kills cause League of fucking premades causes the lane that's buddy buddies with the JG and Sup to be camped to all hell. Had the same shit happen twice today ... like, did mid and top become a 2 person lane now? Turned it around on them.

We were even 4v5 for a bit cause our sup DCed.

clemenx

Banned
a. sol ult visually looks really underwhelming

Agreed. It doesn't feel or look like an ult. Kind of pathetic considering you're playing a fucking star dragon.

Star

Dragon

I agree. I love the idea but it should feel and be bigger. Idk, like maybe a circular aoe instead of linear and displace enemies literally to his outer ring all around him to where his stars are at that moment instead to just in front of him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I only ask because of me not ever getting any key fragments, plus you can't earn chests with them.
The system for earning chests and keys is completely different though. Key fragment drop rate can just feel really low at times.

drawkcaB

Alright boys and grills, time to show how much you've spent on this game:

privacy.riotgames.com

i feel nothing

v lol v

Oh no, I'm not falling for this shit. Nope, not going to do it.

no

u can just sit on devourer and rush your defensive ad items like maw or steraks

Took you advice and had my first ever Kindred game where I actually did well. 3/1/10, 52% kill participation. And you're totally right, just ignore stacks, farm jungle when the opportunity comes along. Works so much better. Works so well, I think I might give Xin Zhao a whirl using the same general build concepts.

Had two fantastic ults during the match. Saved Cait from a thirsty Rengar who had her down to like 15% health when I ult'ed and had this 5v5 fight in the mid that was even until I went ham to damage Ekko and Ezreal, pulled back, and ult'ed myself when their Renekton and Rengar focused me. Team brought them to the min amount of health and then polished them off as I made my escape.

Falling in love with Kindred over here. So happy I stuck with her right now when those first three games were pure hell and was thinking of switching to either Graves of Quinn.

What a shitty night of League. Nights like this are depressing. 4 games in a row of just the worst teams I've played with. Refusing to group. Stupid picks (Soraka mid). And when they do know how to group, and they do have good picks, they just have absolutely no skill in their roles. I'm generally easy going, but lordy was tonight awful.

Money Spent
GBP 235.0

I mean, it's slightly disappointing it's that high as I've always thought it was <£100. But after 6 years on this account I suppose it's not too bad .Genuine shame that out of that all RP I've only bought 1 champ.

Top Bottom