• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kenbo

lol_syndra_fan_art_by_berylcirclet-d9d3mxs.jpg

looks like MTG artwork

guess I'm just a toxic player, i love sivir and soraka atm

I don't get the Bootman Vs Supermeng hate, I thought it was pretty good, specially after the clusterfuck that was Man of Steel.
Not really sure what is up with Soraka right now. Probably the last thought intensive champion over any iteration. Feels like it plays itself and you don't even really need to be hitting the Q. Can't really understand how she keeps coming out like this...
She has to hit the Q though, that's basically the only thing they changed about her in this rework, if you don't land Qs you're just a shittier version of her last iteration.

Not to say that she's balanced as is - what are mana costs - but this is basically the healthier she has ever been since you need to have at least a moderate amount of aggression to make the most out of her kit. Will this be enough once she's nerfed? I dunno, but I think they're finally on the right track with her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am 99% sure Soraka's damage dealt went down after changes. It's not that you never need to hit Q, obviously I'm exaggerating, but there's less pressure to hit them with lowered CD/mana cost and when you are aiming it there's less skill required because you're not aiming its center at anything.

It is easier and easier to preform on Soraka (who was already easy), so it does feel like the champ plays itself to me. Does not help that Ignite is so weak on support right now. There can not be a risk/reward trade off on Soraka Q when bot lane lets players be so passive.

Like, seriously. I can't think of a champion in League's history that required less skill than the current Soraka, and the changes just made her easier to play. I have no respect for players that use her, or play games with her and want the game to be like that. The health of the overall game would improve if she was gutted and made unusable.

Pre nerfs Taric, I guess? That's the only thing I'd say is easier than her lol

I don't think medics should be in League either but hey, if you can't beat them go shit on their yard.

zkylon

zkylewd
The new Lux shield is a big nerf. As an immobile mage with high mana usage and limited autoattack range, she struggles in mid lane now.
?

neither of those are big problems for lux right now

Well people have been complaining about Lux so here it is :/

Haven't played her myself so not sure about the W changes. She still has her damage though.
yeah i actually think it's sort of a fair nerf, although it's supposed to speed back up when taveling back and maybe i'm wrong but i'm just not seeing that happen

and you can get ur shield popped by caster minion dmg now so yeah i wouldn't be surprised if her laning is back to garbage again

I don't get the Bootman Vs Supermeng hate, I thought it was pretty good, specially after the clusterfuck that was Man of Steel.
after hearing marvels of deadpool from every single person i've talked to about it i watched it myself and thought it was all kinds of awful

so u know, lots of people can be wrong

Is Jinx pretty bad in the current meta compared to other ADCs? I saw someone else here recently destroyed with her, but a recent spree of bad Jinxes on my team has me doubting her viability.

Is Jinx pretty bad in the current meta compared to other ADCs? I saw someone else here recently destroyed with her, but a recent spree of bad Jinxes on my team has me doubting her viability.

I think she's not in GREAT shape but she's not bad. In this League of Dashy-Dash everything any softy DMG dealer without some kind of mobility is at a disadvantage to some degree IMO.

?

neither of those are big problems for lux right now

Lux has always been susceptible to being all-in'ed by her opponent for those reasons. Since her shield is nerfed 1v1 now, there's actually a reasonable chance of dying in the all in.

Still decent, just depends on team compositions. She's definitely not a safe choice to blindly pick every game in the current meta though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lux has always been susceptible to being all-in'ed by her opponent for those reasons. Since her shield is nerfed 1v1 now, there's actually a reasonable chance of dying in the all in.
yeah but like, that's not a mana or autoattack range issue

that's just basically "i'm a mid"

There's not really a reason to pick Jinx right now even with specific comps, honestly. There are better late game carries in the game that don't have such a rough early game.

The ADC changes coupled with her nerfs hit her scaling hard.

yeah but like, that's not a mana or autoattack range issue

that's just basically "i'm a mid"

People called Lux trash for the longest time for those very reasons; I'm pretty sure she's had gradual buffs to spell activation, shield and mana usage before she became relevant. Loads of mid laners farm safer than Lux.

The reason Lux farmed safely in mid lane was her shield. She has to autoattack minions for last hitting even quite late into the laning phase and this opens her to potential intiations - people just didn't do it because it was hard to trade through the shield.

(I only play Lux, Annie and Velkoz in mid and I don't necessarily disagree with the shield nerf)

zkylon

zkylewd
People called Lux trash for the longest time for those very reasons; I'm pretty sure she's had gradual buffs to spell activation, shield and mana usage before she became relevant. Loads of mid laners farm safer than Lux.

The reason Lux farmed safely in mid lane was her shield. She has to autoattack minions for last hitting even quite late into the laning phase and this opens her to potential intiations - people just didn't do it because it was hard to trade through the shield.

oh ok i didn't read your "struggles in the mid lane" as a laning thing, more like those things made her a general bad midlaner, my b

we'll see where this puts her, kind of the whole point of picking her right now for me was her op laning so if these nerfs are too devastating i'll probably just shift back to ori

Fracas

#fuckonami

She's pretty average imo. Late game scaling is strong as always but as others have said, preseason changes weren't kind to her.

Whenever I want a hypercarry, I'll usually go with something like Cait. Much smoother power curve.

Six losses in a row. Last game we started the game off destroying---8 and 0 before they started getting kills. Then when team fights began, team kept targeting Cho. Over and over and over. And a Shaco that refused to group.

I have to break this streak...

Hard

Banned
Six losses in a row. Last game we started the game off destroying---8 and 0 before they started getting kills. Then when team fights began, team kept targeting Cho. Over and over and over. And a Shaco that refused to group.

I have to break this streak...

If it makes you feel better, I'm on an 8 game loss streak. Lost 10 of my last 11 :^)

ChrisD

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2138709471/204923963?tab=overview
An hour and three minutes. I stole two Dragons, and a Baron.
I noticed the clearly Top Garen in the Draft screen, but apparently he didn't. So we ended up on a team with no clear-cut ADC.

They took out two Inhibs before we even broke a Tier 3 tower.

But between League of move fast in Lulu and Nunu shifting lanes to keep a permanent split-push, a killer Veigar, and a Garen and Jax who both made some good TP backdoors we finally beat them.

I started out full Support stuff, but I wasn't able to pop my items on the team fast enough (my mechanics are so sluggish).Once I realized I had like 7k banked I just gradually shifted over into AP. And it started with trashing my Pinks, which was freaking me out all game since Nunu wasn't using his Red = we had no Ward detection. But the Blue saved my Garen's butt a number of times and kept their deep warded, so it worked out.

There was no reason we should have won, but I'm glad we did. = )

There's not really a reason to pick Jinx right now even with specific comps, honestly. There are better late game carries in the game that don't have such a rough early game.

The ADC changes coupled with her nerfs hit her scaling hard.

What about Cait or Ashe? I tried Tristana but sometimes she doesnt deal enough damage for me

Blizzard

Banned
So basically I'm winning almost every game after not playing solo q. There's just no incentive anymore.
This is why Riot needs to add solo queue. Newt must be stopped. What his AFKs could not accomplish, queues must.

Getting an instant queue pop for your secondary should not be possible.
I think it would be nice if they added a 10-20 second thing, even an option, that waits for your main role and THEN pops for your secondary. Picking support as secondary will give you quick / instant pops for 99% support in my experience.

Picking mid primary, good luck practicing mid.

If it makes you feel better, I'm on an 8 game loss streak. Lost 10 of my last 11 :^)
Lordy. I wish you luck in snapping the streak. I just played my first ever game as Vayne and somehow managed 13/2/3. I think the gods felt terrible for me and under-handed me an easy game. But no surprise that my first game I win in a long while I had a great team with me. They were pretty much handing me my kills.

Why does every game with Aurelion Sol on enemy team start with my team laughing at him for "picking a stupid mid counter" or whatever. Then 15 minutes later when team fighting begins and A Sol pounds us like 3-dollar hookers my team is screaming and crying.

Nah, I stopped playing solo q completely. Now I only do duo or more. I suspect you just have less impact when you're playing with/against three - four mans.

Maybe that's why I've found ranked so much harder this season. I spent last season hovering between Plat 3 - Diamond 5. This season, I'm stuck in Plat 4 even though I don't think I'm playing worse.

Being support every game hasn't helped I guess.

Newt

Maybe that's why I've found ranked so much harder this season. I spent last season hovering between Plat 3 - Diamond 5. This season, I'm stuck in Plat 4 even though I don't think I'm playing worse.

Being support every game hasn't helped I guess.
Do you play on NA or the GAF ghost town (EUW)?

So ... how the hell do you build Kass?

I see so many different things. Most all want you to go RoA but I hate how expensive and time sucking that item is. Saw some that had the Tear item line in them ... I almost never see that item used so maybe he's one of the ones who can use it?

Tizoc

Why does every game with Aurelion Sol on enemy team start with my team laughing at him for "picking a stupid mid counter" or whatever. Then 15 minutes later when team fighting begins and A Sol pounds us like 3-dollar hookers my team is screaming and crying.
Just bait his q and go all in on his ass
In fact flank the sucker and he'll drop like a fly

Blizzard

Banned
I can deal with losing badly, but losing badly, only killing 1 tower, having your ADC leave after 3 deaths at level 11, and STILL treading water 46 minutes is very unpleasant.

At that point, if you still haven't killed 2 towers, I feel it's unlikely you'll win, but who knows.

So ... how the hell do you build Kass?

I see so many different things. Most all want you to go RoA but I hate how expensive and time sucking that item is. Saw some that had the Tear item line in them ... I almost never see that item used so maybe he's one of the ones who can use it?

RoA gives 80 ability power right off the bat, which is on par with Morellonomicon. Plus Kassadin's ult damage scales with mana and the Catalyst passive helps him survive his weaker laning phase. It's the only logical choice for him.

Newt

I can deal with losing badly, but losing badly, only killing 1 tower, having your ADC leave after 3 deaths at level 11, and STILL treading water 46 minutes is very unpleasant.

At that point, if you still haven't killed 2 towers, I feel it's unlikely you'll win, but who knows.
This is when you just afk at fountain. Even if you win, it's not worth the effort.

Nekofrog

Banned

i'm ready for the buffs, rito

riot jino was the only reason they stayed in that game. he was trying hard to carry and was 6/0 at one point but TF just kept ulting back into lane past mid game, never tried to use it offensively

patchday

i'm ready for the buffs, rito

riot jino was the only reason they stayed in that game. he was trying hard to carry and was 6/0 at one point but TF just kept ulting back into lane past mid game, never tried to use it offensively

so did you? Enemy bot lane is complaining you tp'ed down there to rampage and kill twice :)

Unnecessary buffs on Ekko rearing their ugly head.

ekko buffs I didnt know anything bout this. need to read patch notes.

[edit] Read patch notes. Runic Echoes nerf. more Kalista nerfage into the ground to join Viktor.

faridmon

Question, does the Meta/comps really matter at Bronze level? I have supported Jinx and am comfortable beating any duo bot. But again, I thought I had no synergy with Jhin but ended up winning games supporting him.

Although I have to say, Sona pretty much counters many Tanks out there.

Support sion isn't terrible. Has a good amount of CC for peel and such.

He would be terrible considering his passive

Gonna play some more Top Shen today.
Unless it's an annoying matchup in which case I go Chogath :V
Cho is always annyoying to lane against, like no matter what you are. Poke champ oh doesnt matter because of his passive and amount of health he gets. Assassin, oh super tanky, cc and a silence. And he keeps getting buffed.

Top Bottom