• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean the difference with before is that with clubs you're opting in to it but it still feels like information you shouldn't have access to considering the direction league has gone

just hide them for everyone outside of your friendlist, no one cares about your tag anyways

It seems weird that Riot went out of their way to limit info that stat sites had access to through their API, primarily to stop players from knowing about premades.

But then added clubs to completely invalidate that decision.

Leezard

0U1Ljey.png

CCZgRvm.jpg

useless border get (^:
Congrats Dobe, now go get the D. :^)

It seems weird that Riot went out of their way to limit info that stat sites had access to through their API, primarily to stop players from knowing about premades.

Some rioter on reddit said that they thought this was different since it is voluntary.

kenbo

they'll probably make it team only

Making it team only invalidates the whole point of having tags.

Besides, in Dynamic Q's case, I think you deserve to know how many premades are in the game with you.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah tags have made it clear just how often you're being put together with premades, and that's not even counting the groups that aren't all from the same club.

Got my first Jhin penta last night. Landing every shot felt like I was composing masterpiece. The fact that it was the third jihn game I've ever played made it all the sweeter.

Hard

Banned
People that don't want to see pre-mades are the same people that immediately start a game with /mute all. Why not use the information to your benefit?

When things are out of your control it's better to not pay them any mind.
It's not really about being bothered by them, I just like knowing what to expect. If I know certain people are in comms I can prepare accordingly to stuff that doesn't usually happen in solo Q, specially in low ELO games.

It's a nitpicky complaint I know but eh.

Newt

When things are out of your control it's better to not pay them any mind.
Why should I play solo q ever if I know I'm going to have to deal with garbage like that? There's no arguing a team with comms doesn't have a clear advantage.

I was wondering why I was finding dynamic queue easier than solo, and it's pretty clear now.

Anyways, this sort of match making isn't acceptable, no matter what side I'm on.

If league had built in voice comms then it might be a better system.
Yeah i think voice would help alot, it is a TEAM GAME, like pings and text is nice but it during fights or really during farming you cant talk that much. I know there will be mic spam and stuff like that, but i think that some of the levels of toxic would go down. Like i wouldnt say some of the stuff i write.

Karma's Mantra E is insanely strong in teamfights. With 45% cdr and proper use of her passive, she can use it multiple times in an extended fight. Wouldn't be surprised if she becomes flavor of the month.

Rioter gifted me a skin the other day. I feel special.

Question what is the build for AP Kog now? Is it still AA/Rylai/Liandrys?

I have a item set with aa/ludens/dc/void. Idk when I made it.

Hard

Banned
Here have a #HardProBuild

Lich Bane -> IBG -> Sorc Shoes/Lucidity Boots -> Nashor's Tooth -> Runaan's -> Void Staff/Rabadons

The point is to mix in AA's with your ult usage and abilities to keep up constant Lich Bane procs along with slows to make you unkillable :^)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i don't want to hear random whiny 12 year olds tho
Guess we're never using voice comms together...
Why should I play solo q ever if I know I'm going to have to deal with garbage like that? There's no arguing a team with comms doesn't have a clear advantage.
I feel the same way. I wish League had in game voice chat because it is just too hard to coordinate things with people otherwise. I don't really have any drive or desire to play the game solo because I get more out of it tactically when I'm working with other people. In that sense, dynamic queue has infinitely more appeal and I wish it was more the standard, but there are things I think Riot could do that would allow random players to have a similar level of communication with one another.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Guess we're never using voice comms together...

I feel the same way. I wish League had in game voice chat because it is just too hard to coordinate things with people otherwise. I don't really have any drive or desire to play the game solo because I get more out of it tactically when I'm working with other people. In that sense, dynamic queue has infinitely more appeal and I wish it was more the standard, but there are things I think Riot could do that would allow random players to have a similar level of communication with one another.

it's k you aren't random :^)

kiguel182

Okay, I have a quick question about the chests.

I just won a chest playing Ryze. How long will I have to wait until I can win another one playing him? Is it until the end of the season?

I'm a bit confused by this system.

Okay, I have a quick question about the chests.

I just won a chest playing Ryze. How long will I have to wait until I can win another one playing him? Is it until the end of the season?

I'm a bit confused by this system.
Each champion will only get you one chest per season.
You can get up to 4 chests in a single week.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, that seems restrictive.

Hopefully they will have some events like Dota where I can pay and earn them at a more steady pace.
What's more restrictive is the key fragments, since those seem limited to roughly 11 per month at present. Either that, or they lowered the drop rate significantly after the first 3 days or so.

*edit* I mean fragments yes, thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
Key fragments not totally keys right.
So that would be 3 2/3 full keys.
Yes thanks. I'm just going by my own experience with 11 key fragments + the free fragment, and someone else mentioned 12 per month I think.

So even if events let you get more than 4 chests per month, you couldn't open them without paying.

kiguel182

Pretty sure they've already confirmed you'll be able to get chests as event prizes in the future.

Nice. I really like those type of events and I don't mind paying a front-fee if it means some loot.

What's more restrictive is the keys, since those seem limited to roughly 11 per month at present. Either that, or they lowered the drop rate significantly after the first 3 days or so.

They have a limit too?

Anyway, as noob I don't play enough champions to earn a lot of chests but this one was nice I guess.

Events will be more interesting personally.

What's more restrictive is the key fragments, since those seem limited to roughly 11 per month at present. Either that, or they lowered the drop rate significantly after the first 3 days or so.

*edit* I mean fragments yes, thanks.
IIRC you can get as many full keys as you can get chests in a week.

Drop rate drop rate for the second fragment is lower than the first's, third fragment's drop rate is lower than the second's.;

zkylon

zkylewd
was kinda thinking how similar hextech crafting is to clash royale's chest drops

like max 4 chest drops that you have to wait time to get or you can just pay and get them right now

but how big a difference drop rate makes tho, specially when you're not shown like actual drop timers to keep track of

Lmao just saw it now.
im on a roll :)

zkylon

zkylewd
Leblanc_Splash_1.jpg

skin redeemed

Kindred
Dance of Arrows (Q)
Damage lowered to 50/80/110/140/170 from 60/90/120/150/180
[need to confirm] AD ratio increased to .4 from .2
not enough, fuck kindred

Zed