• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

drawkcaB

plus, birds used to be dinosaurs so technically anivia is a dinosaur ice mage. pretty cool.

Not used to be. Are.

Just noticed that they nerfed Kindred such that her ult is only self targeted now. I'd rather they trimed her damage. That ult is super cool on allies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Of course.

of course :>

Not used to be. Are.

Just noticed that they nerfed Kindred such that her ult is only self targeted now. I'd rather they trimed her damage. That ult is super cool on allies.
i think the ult thing makes more sense as a self cast, puts some of the weight of coordination back on the kindred team rather than the one against her

i do think her dmg should get nerfed but eh, this is something at least

drawkcaB

of course :>

i think the ult thing makes more sense as a self cast, puts some of the weight of coordination back on the kindred team rather than the one against her

i do think her dmg should get nerfed but eh, this is something at least

Jungling is such a jack of all trades position that I love junglers who can do something when behind. Her ult is a big reason I picked her over learning Quinn or Graves for my jungle ADC. I suppose that most of the times I used the ult to save allies I was close enough that I could have self casted, but I've done a few clutch saves for allies diving and being dived on under towers. I'll get used to it, still...

Oh well, still a neat ult. First nerf I'd like to see is a change to the strength of the slow on her E. Lowering it to something like 50% at level and having it scale to 70% would be a good idea. I'd also change the scaling on Q to bonus AD and re-adjust the base numbers as necessary. Having all three non-ult abilities scale naturally with levels (total AD) spikes her damage a bit too high early on.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i was thinking about the slow too

70% targeted slow for a ranged champion with high mobility that can quickly stack red buff procs on you is really obnoxious

honestly i wish kindred had completely different basic abilities. i love her passive and i love her ult, those two feel like cool and interesting designs

Can someone please explain animation canceling and how to do it? This is a trick I've never learned, and I'm watching this Vi guide on YouTube where a dude does a terrible job explaining it. He shows it, then is pretty much like "Yeah. That was good. Do that." And I don't know what the hell he did. The whole thing confuses me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can someone please explain animation canceling and how to do it? This is a trick I've never learned, and I'm watching this Vi guide on YouTube where a dude does a terrible job explaining it. He shows it, then is pretty much like "Yeah. That was good. Do that." And I don't know what the hell he did. The whole thing confuses me.

edit: this is solely for auto attack animation cancelling, btw

Someone else can probably explain it better but for melee attackers, listen to the audio cues. You'll get an ear and feel for when the damage is being applied, so you can queue another action and cancel the rest of the animation. Practice with her e and auto resetting, that's probably the easiest way to do it.

As for ranged champions, soon as the visible projectile is in the air (and there's a sound too), you can do anything else and cancel the remainder of the animation. This is a huge part of learning ADC (I main the role and still haven't absolutely perfected it).

drawkcaB

70% targeted slow for a ranged champion with high mobility that can quickly stack red buff procs on you is really obnoxious

honestly i wish kindred had completely different basic abilities. i love her passive and i love her ult, those two feel like cool and interesting designs

I think the Q and W work, particularly their interactions together. She's a lamb so her darting around "you can't catch me" seems appropriate. E is a little boring. Hell, aesthetically they could change it so that wolf pounces on the enemy on cast and stays there while the slow is in effect, as if wolf is biting on the targets legs to bring it down, and otherwise keep everything the same.

There's a good chance that the guy was talking about how Vi has an auto-attack reset on E.

Ferga

If you want to learn animation cancelling, watch riven combo explanations.

Riven is the definition of animation cancelling.

And you can't just learn animation cancelling. It's a different feel for every champ.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think the Q and W work, particularly their interactions together. She's a lamb so her darting around "you can't catch me" seems appropriate. E is a little boring. Hell, aesthetically they could change it so that wolf pounces on the enemy on cast and stays there while the slow is in effect, as if wolf is biting on the targets legs to bring it down, and otherwise keep everything the same.
mostly i wish she had something you could dodge

ChrisD

oh for pete's sake
Wait 7 collective minutes in Lobby for a match, finally got in one where nobody was leaving... then I left unintentionally because the window didn't pop up to let me know it was my turn to pick (was last pick).

Now I'm locked out of queue for 6 minutes.

I'm going to wait >15 minutes to get into an unranked game. That's like the whole early game...

bakeray

zoXY09T.png

????

Blizzard

Banned
You know what bug has been around like 6 months? If enemy minions ever trigger nexus laser attacks, there's a good chance that the laser sound will never stop once the minions die. For the rest of the game, if the nexus is on your screen, enjoy EAR-PIERCING LASER SOUND.
I just found another fun bug tonight. I started a game and couldn't unlock the camera at all. Pressing 'y' didn't do anything. Clicking the camera icon next to the map didn't do anything. I couldn't drag the map. I had to reconnect. :(

Blizzard

Banned
I just found another fun bug tonight. I started a game and couldn't unlock the camera at all. Pressing 'y' didn't do anything. Clicking the camera icon next to the map didn't do anything. I couldn't drag the map. I had to reconnect. :(
Newt says that dragging the camera icon into the minimap and then pressing 'y' should fix this.

Thanks Newt.

Leezard

After recent games, I think Nami + Jhin has to be one of the most oppressive bot lanes right now. It's a double lane bully lane with good kill pressure. Soraka, Lucian, Braum, thresh, Janna, Sivir, ezreal all fall to the sheer amount of damage and cc. The lane is quite susceptible to ganks though, so good warding and positioning is necessary. Nautilus might be a problem too, but he's banned most of the time so I haven't had to face him to judge the matchup.

Leezard

See that's the thing. Nami wins the soraka matchup while at the same time she's fun instead of soraka boring. Soraka is passive, Nami is aggressive. You won't have kill pressure with soraka.

Newt

See that's the thing. Nami wins the soraka matchup while at the same time she's fun instead of soraka boring. Soraka is passive, Nami is aggressive. You won't have kill pressure with soraka.
Yeah, you don't have kill pressure as Soraka. You don't really need it though.

With Soraka though, your impact in fights is pretty much guaranteed. Also, I don't feel like Soraka would lose that matchup. They just play the sustain game and Nami runs out of mana first, since Nami's mana costs are significantly higher.

What's more interesting is Soraka vs Janna.

Leezard

Yeah, you don't have kill pressure as Soraka. You don't really need it though.

With Soraka though, your impact in fights is pretty much guaranteed. Also, I don't feel like Soraka would lose that matchup. They just play the sustain game and Nami runs out of mana first, since Nami's mana costs are significantly higher.
You don't understand the matchup correctly, then. You don't play the sustain game in bot lane in that matchup. You harass and force kills or backs through bubbles.

Newt

You don't understand the matchup correctly, then. You don't play the sustain game in bot lane in that matchup. You harass and force kills or backs through bubbles.
You're not gonna force a back vs a Soraka lane easily unless the Soraka is really bad. Even if you pull off landing a bubble, chances are the ADC isn't gonna die if they have a Soraka behind them.

Soraka lanes aren't interactive, maybe you don't understand that. An ADC can trade getting harassed for farm, and go completely unpunished for it.

She's even listed under Nami counters (although not that high).
5b146aba271399d5d0c40f704883f66f.png

Leezard

You're not gonna force a back vs a Soraka lane easily unless the Soraka is really bad. Even if you pull off landing a bubble, chances are the ADC isn't gonna die if they have a Soraka behind them.

Soraka lanes aren't interactive, maybe you don't understand that. An ADC can trade getting harassed for farm, and go completely unpunished for it.

She's even listed under Nami counters (although not that high).
5b146aba271399d5d0c40f704883f66f.png
I can only speak with my experience in the lane matchup. Maybe all the sorakas I've faced since the rework have been bad, but I've always won the matchup ever since the rework. I have played the matchup a good number of times since the rework, do you see Nami vs soraka often? You can often force the lane to become more interactive or the enemies to lose in cs. Especially with Jhin.

Newt

It's probably just an effect of people hardly playing against Nami and thrown off guard. You can't really judge the matchup if you only ever play the matchup from one side. That's like extreme bias.

Leezard

It's probably just an effect of people hardly playing against Nami and thrown off guard. You can't really judge the matchup if you only ever play the matchup from one side. That's like extreme bias.
That is certainly a possibility. People in general don't think Nami is good.

I won't deny that soraka is overpowered right now, just that I haven't had any issues with the lane ever since the rework. She was much more annoying and difficult before the rework in my experience.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
When a champion is banned all the time like Soraka my natural assumption is that most people haven't even put in enough games to really learn her well.

It depends on what you like to play, but sure, there are a lot of people who enjoy Riven more than anyone else.

jAyGOtK.png

There are a lot of dedicated Riven mains.

Fun fact: Top lane sees more dedicated mains than any other role (disclaimer: Plat+ data). Probably a lot of one trick ponies in here too.
Hmm, I see. Thought she fell outta favor when people started making the fencer a tanky fighter.

I see her more often.
Riven is very fun to play provided you're into mechanically intensive champions.

Being mechanically intensive she also attracts a lot of assholes that A) think they are hot shit because they can play her well and thus deserve to be treated differently or B) think that they are the players in option A but are actually trash and blame losing on teammates.

Fun to play but also difficult to play well. Lots of animation canceling and combos to learn

Riven kind of isn't worth it, since her skillcap is very high and you're near useless if you don't snowball.

Try
Renekton
instead if you want to snowball hard and be somewhat useful later
Interesting, I need to play her to see this complexity.

Renekton was actually one of the first champs I played. Mainly cause he was free and I wanted to try a Melee champ. I remember getting stumped in the butt by Donger with him and that made me rethink melee champs. That's how I first came across SRO. Still don't think he's my style but I now know way more about the game and laning than I did back then so who knows.

I feel like a part of me will always yarn for a no-mana champ to add to my pool. I mean, I have Garen but he's not the best for every game. I like having more utility than Garen's "Get tanky and run into the enemy team, becoming so disruptive they HAVE to focus you or die. Hope that you're fed enuff to tank it if your team doesn't follow up and R the person you wanna kill". Garen really does feel far less useful if you don't bully your lane mate hard enuff to get ahead in either kills or CS where as with Poppy I can go even and still be useful in team fights. Maybe that's a no-mana trait? I mean, Kat and other ninja champs need kills to snowball and scale into late game but that's their role. Top laners have a harder time doing that without JG pressure.

Anyway, these possible Poppy nerfs got me prepping some other picks.

Definitely very fun to play. Although you do have to practice alot compared to other champs. She's very high skill cap. You have to invest a lot a of time to her. Just ask me whenever you have questions regarding her likr matchups and build because I main her.

What is she good against? I just know that she's not such a good pick into Garen and Poppy. Do you build her tanky or straight DMG/ Life Steal to take advantage of her stun?

Also, I'm finally winning some games with TRUNDLE!!

I'm LOVING BotRK on him!
And FM this game was just too funny! People being just traped in a forever slow as I bash em ... so good.

Leezard

When a champion is banned all the time like Soraka my natural assumption is that most people haven't even put in enough games to really learn her well.
You see her banned a lot? So far I'm only seeing her banned occasionally.

It brings us to an interesting tangent though; how many games do you think you have to play to get good with soraka? She's generally regarded as very easy, but considering people seem to see a lot of "bad sorakas" it might be more games than one would expect.

Tizoc

I don't think you should botrk on trundle

Titanic is infinitely better since it gives you waveclear
I personally have always had bork on trundle altho i have seen hydra being good on him
But bork works well with his w and q; can never not have enough attack speed!
Edit- dat vi build doe

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This week has been hard for League. It is kind of unreal to me how many people are allowed to just troll and/or feed and/or afk.
You see her banned a lot? So far I'm only seeing her banned occasionally.

It brings us to an interesting tangent though; how many games do you think you have to play to get good with soraka? She's generally regarded as very easy, but considering people seem to see a lot of "bad sorakas" it might be more games than one would expect.
Almost every single game she's banned. I do not think it takes that much to play her competently, I'm just saying that any intricacies to the champ probably just don't get picked up just off the bat.

Newt says that dragging the camera icon into the minimap and then pressing 'y' should fix this.

Thanks Newt.

I was about to post this. There is a key like F9 or F11 that causes this. Sometimes pressing this will fix it, but it is a known bug. One way that's worked for me is holding space while moving the minimap view. Free's up my view almost instantly.

Also, I'm finally winning some games with TRUNDLE!!

I'm LOVING BotRK on him!
And FM this game was just too funny! People being just traped in a forever slow as I bash em ... so good.

I don't think you should botrk on trundle

Titanic is infinitely better since it gives you waveclear

Trundle feeling pretty strong in this meta. He's so scary to play against if you are any of the usual ad bruisers. I hadn't played him in a while, but I damn near destroyed a Darius playing him, so that's always a good thing in my book. Titanic is better for the wave clear. Sometimes I buy a static shiv just to push it out quicker and the crit animation is hilarious. Crit trundle, the enemy of Shyvanas and Darius's everywhere!

Leezard

Malzahar picked in LCK with success. I wonder if he will continue to get picked.

This week has been hard for League. It is kind of unreal to me how many people are allowed to just troll and/or feed and/or afk.

Almost every single game she's banned. I do not think it takes that much to play her competently, I'm just saying that any intricacies to the champ probably just don't get picked up just off the bat.
I see.
Yeah, that's reasonable. I wonder how many of her intricacies are necessary to know in her current state.

Top Bottom