• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Leezard

Sometimes your whole team gets S ranks

iF1T3pt.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
if you have a favorable match up then that works really well, but going straight into tank items is good if you're getting bullied by your opponent

Oh yeah for sure, he's gonna do a ton of dmg even building full tank. I just like the extra mana/ap

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean you don't really have to do much as janna

just throw shield to adc on cooldown and press all the buttons at the baddies if they're near your adc

Neol

I agree she's not super hard just the fact that you have to have some knowledge on how to kite and somewhat aim your skills makes me feel she shouldn't be part of that list.

It's not like Soraka where even if your terrible at the game you can just land q,spam heals and stay relatively safe for the whole game as you chill in the back line. You could argue that Janna is somewhat the same as well but missing a Q and having a terrible ult can cost you teamfights/trades.

Hard

Banned
Janna is braindead in terms of skill required to benefits gained. Quite literally the perfect champ for shitty OTPs, and players who get boosted by their friends to plat.

Passive - Gotta go fast

Q - gtfo

W - get back here

E - press and win trades lol

R - gtfo

The worst part is no one wants to ban her because there's far more directly annoying shit out there. Fuck Janna.

I agree she's not super hard just the fact that you have to have some knowledge on how to kite and somewhat aim your skills makes me feel she shouldn't be part of that list.

It's not like Soraka where even if your terrible at the game you can just land q,spam heals and stay relatively safe for the whole game as you chill in the back line. You could argue that Janna is somewhat the same as well but missing a Q and having a terrible ult can cost you teamfights/trades.

If they get close point your mouse in their direction and press Q W or R

Then point to your carry and press E

Kenai

She's pretty easy, to be honest.

I don't think anyone would say Soraka isn't one of the easier champs, but at least you have to worry about positioning/being dove on. Janna farts---err, presses Q/R and everything's ruined. At least Riot seems to be acknowledging that somewhat with the recent nerfs.

zkylon

zkylewd
had a couple azir games yesterday to see how he felt with the current build and man few other champions in the game make you feel as rusty as him

She's pretty easy, to be honest.

yeah i also guess janna has been overpowered forever so the point would be the same for her

i like ricklessabandon and i know he did what he could with what he had but man, what a sucky champion

I went 12 and 3 on Malphite and we lost. I knew it was going to be tough since our bot lane was basically collapsing, even had a nice teleport to bot to try and jumpstart them but to no avail. I may have messed up by trying to split push but I had a baron buffed push knocking on a desperately needed inhib turret. They got initiated on and lost hard. They didn't really need to fight, just delay because my push was so massive. I probably should have just stayed with the team since its bronze but we were really behind in objectives and needed to relieve some pressure. I dunno, I feel responsible for the loss in a way but I played the best by a huge margin.

yeah i also guess janna has been overpowered forever so the point would be the same for her

i like ricklessabandon and i know he did what he could with what he had but man, what a sucky champion
It's not really a matter of her balance state. Soraka's skill floor isn't really dependant on her Q being pretty much free to cast.

Neol

Feel like healers in general are pretty hard to balance in any game since its one of the best game mechanics. I can see they are trying to make Soraka more interesting so she doesn't end in irrelevancy like Sona but sadly its not working well.

A lot of people don't understand how to pressure lanes and avoid fights when someone's splitpushing. Its honestly better to just push the lane and group up with your teammates and engage when you see an enemy not with the group.

Hard

Banned
PBE updoot

notables

Aurelion Sol
Starsurge (Q) Stun duration lowered to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2

Voice of Light (R):
Slow lowered to 40/50/60% from 60/70/80%
Slow duration changed to [2 seconds] rather than [decaying over 4 seconds]

hmmm

Kindred
Dance of Arrows (Q) [previous changes to lower base damage and increase ratio reverted.]

Nidalee
Pounce (Cougar W ) [need to confirm - damage changed to 60/110/160/210 from 65/110/155/200]

Poppy
Hammer Shock (Q):
Damage lowered to 35/55/75/95/115 from 40/60/80/100/120
[NOTE: Still a nerf vs live. Live damage currently 40/65/90/115/140.]
Maximum health damage increased to 7% from 6%.

zkylon

zkylewd
Poppy
Hammer Shock (Q):
Damage lowered to 35/55/75/95/115 from 40/60/80/100/120 [NOTE: Still a nerf vs live. Live damage currently 40/65/90/115/140.]
Maximum health damage increased to 7% from 6%.

this is such a small nerf

Edwardo

I guess my break will be short lived. Some friends convinced me to go over to lan some league with them tonight.

Def plan on still playing Dark Souls tho. I'm liking this game a lot so far.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not really, you gotta remember her Q hits twice so that's 0/10/20/3040 less base damage per cast on a very spammable spell.
Like Stone said it's actually pretty solid damage reduction and in an earlier PBE patch she lost 100 off of E's cast range and range off her passive.
yea im dumb

i was comparing this pbe to last pbe instead of live

I guess my break will be short lived. Some friends convinced me to go over to lan some league with them tonight.

Def plan on still playing Dark Souls tho. I'm liking this game a lot so far.
wait until you meet miss fluffy tail, i'm sure you'll love it then

also fk 12th april is so freaking far away arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There needs to be an algorithm put into place that makes leaving games acceptable without getting penalties under certain circumstances.

I just got out of a game where everyone on our team was feeding (including myself), the enemy Pantheon was 19/0 (I was Fiora. Never have I gotten third worlded that hard.) and his team was also strong, our jungler didn't have smite, and nobody was getting anything done. Just about all of the enemy's towers were still up, while they were taking out our inhibitors.

Each time I sent out a surrender vote, all 4 people declined even though there was no way would could win the game, and if I sat in base while the other team pushed to the nexus, I would get reported for AFKing, same for if I just exited the game.

I don't get why some people refuse to surrender when an L is clearly on the horizon. What is the point of attacking minions and dying over and over again for 5 minutes while they close out the game?

tumblr_n0ump0Zdna1r36jpso1_400.gif

There needs to be an algorithm put into place that makes leaving games acceptable without getting penalties under certain circumstances.

I just got out of a game where everyone on our team was feeding (including myself), the enemy Pantheon was 19/0 (I was Fiora. Never have I gotten third worlded that hard.) and his team was also strong, our jungler didn't have smite, and nobody was getting anything done. Just about all of the enemy's towers were still up, while they were taking out our inhibitors.

Each time I sent out a surrender vote, all 4 people declined even though there was no way would could win the game, and if I sat in base while the other team pushed to the nexus, I would get reported for AFKing, same for if I just exited the game.

I don't get why some people refuse to surrender. What is the point of attacking minions and dying over and over again for 5 minutes while they close out the game?

tumblr_n0ump0Zdna1r36jpso1_400.gif
Don't AFK in situations like this, instead you have to make it so surrendering isn't necessary without making it blatant that you're mentally AFK.

Also never pick Fiora against Panth lol, that lane is literally unwinnable.

clemenx

Banned
I think people forget that tanks ideally should be fighting other tanks most of the time when complaining about their damage. If they don't do enough then everyone would complain about wet noodle fights which is something that has already happened, lol.

Diana is proving to be the one champ I can rely on to blind pick into a lane. Must be because I play her into so many match ups. All but Galio ... I try to dodge anytime someone counter picks with that PoS. I hope for the day when someone Blind Picks Galio into me and I can whip out that ADC mid on them.

Hopefully I can break this trend of winning lane but having my whole team feed us into a L with Trundle sometime soon. I like playing him but fuck ... I can't blind pick him with all the shit that goes down top and I can't seem to win a game with him.

What about the increase to 7% Max Health damage on Poppy's Q?
That's probably to make it so the skill is more in line with Riot's vision of making Poppy a tanky tank killer. That increase means she'll do the same damage as before provided the target has at least 2000 HP and it'll scale up once it goes beyond that.

Top Bottom