• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

People being dead fish with Soraka means they haven't played her enough. Yeah she's easy but if you're not abusing her Q you're doing it wrong.

You're not a heal bot, you're a heal turret. Spam that shit until it gets an actual mana cost.

Jarsonot

EAMinA7.png

seems legit

Hmm yeah, how does a level 16 Lucian have a keystone?

Hard

Banned
I've been playing on a laptop with ultra-low settings for like 2 years now. That jump to HD is going to be amazing.

kenbo

they're doable for League, but not for other games.

Like I wouldn't be able to play The Division well at 1440p or achieve 144 fps in it without seriously toning down the settings.

yeah and for everything except csgo/leeg, I'm fine with 60fps

though you might feel like you wasted your monitor

you could try what I have - i got a 27inch OC 1440p at 96hz, so best of both worlds... kinda

if you had to choose,

ask yourself if you play more singleplayer /slow paced games -> 1440p

more action multiplayer -> 144hz

144hz is harder on the system than 1440p, no?

Nekofrog

Banned
So how do I do damage as tank ekko in a solo lane? I've played it against bots, and I still struggle to actually do respectable levels of tank damage (read, Maokai/Naut). Or is it less about that and more the attraction of the AOE stun + pervasiveness + disruption + levels of sustain for him?

for example, this was last night.

nqZXIBi.png

Don't let the end game score fool you, early/early-mid game the Eve was terrorizing the map. She racked up a kill in every lane (like 4 in mid because our mid Zyra was mid Zyra), she ganked me once (Maokai) in top early on and I still almost 1v2'ed with just a couple dorans rings. I got them low enough for Rex to just walk in and last hit them. Despite this, Eve was still walking over our mid/bot lane like they were nothing. But all it took to turn it around was for me and Rex to group, and we clean aced them despite their lead with me and Rex practically 2v5ing. I don't know if I could have done this on Ekko.

Does tank Ekko top fill the same role as a Maokai, or is he used to fill a different niche?

Hard

Banned
Rek'Sai's big sturdy warm body pinning me to the ground Like DiCaprio and the bear in The Revenant

My face is red, it's finally time

Drooling mandibles and heavy breathing

I'm already rock hard and ready to go

She lowers her body down onto me, the massiveness of the alien body squishing me in the best way

I'm basically cumming already

A sharp screech as I enter

Jesus it's so tight, so good

Let's get to work

Hours and several positions later, we're both near the peak

She quickens her pace, with her intense stamina making it hard for me to keep up

We both let go

A primal SKREEEEE hurts my ears

Dear lord I'm being squeezed so much

So Good

Better than anything before

I'm being sucked dry from finishing so hard

I scream as the acid juices melt my donger

Juices everywhere

The rest of my lower half melts as well

Live in a wheelchair the rest of my life

worth it

Enjoy that being burned into your brain for the next few hours. You're welcome.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have not played tank Ekko personally, but the successful ones seem more focused on just being flatly unkillable and pushing out enough CC to just overcome the enemy. I want to say an Abyssal still makes sense though.

tank ekko is impossible to kill and if he lands a stun, you end teamfights. he is almost impossible to peel off because of his q passive and e and is one of the best tank pushers in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lux
Prismatic Barrier (W) [looks like Missile Speed increases]
sounds reasonable, that thing never accelerates back to the point it's super easy to forget about it lol

Soraka_Splash_6.jpg

soraka is an ugly champion

zkylon

zkylewd
smashgizmo: "the Lux stuff today tl;dr: slower on the way out, faster on the way in, overall a little faster. just addressing some bad feels"

i dont see how it can be any slower but ok

hey that's what I have! good choice. I really like it
I see you're playing the division as well with it and a 970, same I've got. it's a pretty good experience ranging from like 70-100fps with little to no stuttering :)

I'm running it at 60ish most of the time. Will be nice to turn the extra settings up and have Gsync cover me for 60fps

Damn. that thing looks awesome. I wonder if they have that in the US? Didn't see it on Newegg by model number.

$400 on Amazon.com. £385 on Amazon.co.uk.

Got mine for so much cheaper.

Hard

Banned

Getting used to Jungling again.

Veigar won lane hard, and I just camped bot to high heaven. It took a triple repeat gank, but I finally secured Graves a double kill and he snowballed from there.

I'm using my 4 year old cheap Dell 21" as my main monitor, and my big ass 26inch Sony 1080i TV as my second screen, though it only does 720p over VGA

this will be a nice welcome upgrade.
My monitor should be uhh 10 years old now?

It runs games at 1440x900 tops. I can't fucking run FFXIV with default HUD settings because shit will just overlap.

Kill me.

My monitor should be uhh 10 years old now?

It runs games at 1440x900 tops. I can't fucking run FFXIV with default HUD settings because shit will just overlap.

Kill me.

yeah I know that feel. You can get pretty cheap 1080p monitors these days without bells and whistles, thought I imagine it's probably super expensive in Brazil with import taxes.

Nekofrog

Banned
I used to play league on a 50 inch tv on my computer desk and had a small 23 inch monitor as my second monitor. Now I have a 27 inch 144hz monitor and that tv is my secondary monitor. There was definitely a huge adjustment going from being able to click super precisely because everything is way bigger on a 50 inch at 2 feet away to a 27 inch monitor but the refresh rate is too nice to give up. It's not a game altering difference but is enough of a positive change that the tradeoff is worth.

Top Bottom