• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Is Riven fun to play?

I didn't play her on the free week but she SEEMS like everything you could want in a fighter. She has a stun, dashy dash that lets her jump walls, a way to increase her range, a ranged attack, a shield AND she's manaless. I really think I might make her my next big IP buy.

But if she's good and fun then IDK why I see so many Rivens that are ragey or who play her support instead of top.

Leezard

Is Riven fun to play?

I didn't play her on the free week but she SEEMS like everything you could want in a fighter. She has a stun, dashy dash that lets her jump walls, a way to increase her range, a ranged attack, a shield AND she's manaless. I really think I might make her my next big IP buy.

But if she's good and fun then IDK why I see so many Rivens that are ragey or who play her support instead of top.

It depends on what you like to play, but sure, there are a lot of people who enjoy Riven more than anyone else.

jAyGOtK.png

There are a lot of dedicated Riven mains.

Fun fact: Top lane sees more dedicated mains than any other role (disclaimer: Plat+ data). Probably a lot of one trick ponies in here too.

Is Riven fun to play?

Riven is very fun to play provided you're into mechanically intensive champions.

Being mechanically intensive she also attracts a lot of assholes that A) think they are hot shit because they can play her well and thus deserve to be treated differently or B) think that they are the players in option A but are actually trash and blame losing on teammates.

Bacon

Is Riven fun to play?

Fun to play but also difficult to play well. Lots of animation canceling and combos to learn

Hard

Banned
Riven kind of isn't worth it, since her skillcap is very high and you're near useless if you don't snowball.

Try
Renekton
instead if you want to snowball hard and be somewhat useful later

Talents

Banned
Apparently I'm just not allowed to play Viktor ever again. Whenever I play him recently, I get the biggest retards imaginable on my team.

Jarsonot

Hey guys, why is Chogath not played as support much? He has a pop up, a silence, he's a tank... I'm transitioning from support to top lane and just picked him up. Seems like not a horrible kit for support.

Newt

Hey guys, why is Chogath not played as support much? He has a pop up, a silence, he's a tank... I'm transitioning from support to top lane and just picked him up. Seems like not a horrible kit for support.
His kit probably isn't too bad for a support. It's his mana costs holding him back.

Neol

Mana problems, passive is useless and he's honestly not that tanky so missing Q and your screwed for a bad trade. Plus going pure tank wastes his AP ratios.

Thresh and Leona can essentially do everything better.

Jarsonot

His kit probably isn't too bad for a support. It's his mana costs holding him back.

Mana problems, passive is useless and he's honestly not that tanky so missing Q and your screwed for a bad trade. Plus going pure tank wastes his AP ratios.

Thresh and Leona can essentially do everything better.

Mmm, makes sense. (I honestly don't remember what his passive is at the moment, heh)

pigeon

Banned
Mmm, makes sense. (I honestly don't remember what his passive is at the moment, heh)

That's because he has one of the like twelve passives that do nothing except very slightly affect his resource management, all of which are basically terrible. Trundle's is the only one that people notice because it's actually powerful enough to affect combat (scales with max health, works on champion kills).

edit: Wow, Sol catching huge nerfs right out of the gate. I missed my chance to cheese top lane with him.

ChrisD

Snowy teaser trailer probably = Taric rework but man I want a Winter Mage now.

Magic is cool
Ice is neat
Why have no games worked with me on this yet, just one awesome Winter/Ice Mage

killatopak

Gold Member
Is Riven fun to play?

Definitely very fun to play. Although you do have to practice alot compared to other champs. She's very high skill cap. You have to invest a lot a of time to her. Just ask me whenever you have questions regarding her likr matchups and build because I main her.

I don't think there's much more to explore as far as ice mages are concerned, Anivia does the chilly things while Lissandra does the spiky, encaging things.

ChrisD

Of course she doesn't have ears she's a bird

You're breaking my attempt at making fun of her model. :(

Give her a Poppy/Taric rework and I'm sure she'd be one of the coolest Champs in the game. But launch day model just doesn't look good.

Edit: Not a rework for gameplay, but model. Man I need to stop multi-tasking while posting. Keep leaving important bits out.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently danielzklein's (azir, tk, lucy) is leading a soonish champion

he's no certainlyt but he's a tricky one, so brace yourselves lol

If they did that, Riot would have to do a lore event where Annie taps into some magic crap that throws her into her 20s.
yeah, have you been reading a certain doujin?

pigeon

Banned
If they did that, Riot would have to do a lore event where Annie taps into some magic crap that throws her into her 20s.

Not sure whether in this skin Tibbers is a little baby bear or a super old gray bear with a walker.

Also I assume they'll get a new voice actor but keep all the lines exactly the same.

zkylon

zkylewd
technically this one's a manhwa since it's korean

but doujin is the only word i know for it

i only stumbled on it cos you get kinda bored when the servers are down

drawkcaB

Ekko's creator hates tank Ekko. Everytime it shows itself, it's immediately nerfed.

If they want to trim tank Ekko that's fine, I just think that certain tank items being OP has a lot to do with it, but before nerfing Sunfire, IBG, etc. they'll nerf AP ekko with some "compensatory" change.

Top Bottom