• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

Finally got to try it after 4 games and i start 4/0 only to have my entire team afk at base at 12 minutes because of some dispute over a mid gank or something

I had fun trying to 1v5 tho. Got to feel like a real yasuo player

Leezard

Stuff has started to leak/get posted. This link did not give 404 errors before. Courtesy of reddit.

6dfd9ef61a.jpg

e3e1ab1993.png

14d878bec1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
What was the voyboy stuff?
i think someone made a thread saying wtfast was a scam or something and voyboy asked a mod to take it down cos it was based on bad data or something like that, and it blew up cos voyboy was sponsored by wtfast at the time. in the end voyboy as the cool dude he is owned up to his mistake and it all turned out pretty ok iirc

i can't remember 100% but it was definitely unrelated to riot

Re: replays. Community was very much heard on replays and sandbox, which is all I can say.

Re: Nidalee splashes. We've learned from that and all new reworks will have full splash updates, Shen and Poppy being the first examples, and we're redoing the Nidalee and Trundle splashes. (new Pharoah Nidalee looks awesome)

Re: Chromas. We're going back to the drawing board on them because we realised the way we offered them was not the way players want them. No idea when all this is being changed though.

Re: Bo2 cos Europe likes ties. Dumb joke that we regret, not actual reasoning for Bo2.

Not sure what happened with the LatAm merch store, but I imagine if it was shut down it was for a sound reason. The Ahri Nendo is probably more on GSC than anything but I have no idea, I can try find out for you.

Overall, yeah we fuck up a lot but we are getting better at learning from them. I'm not trying to say we're perfect, but overall we have good intentions when it comes to everything we do. Please continue to hold us accountable when we screw up because the last thing any of us want to do is create a bad player experience.
the point wasn't to grill on u for that crap, it's more to say that rito doesn't really have a spotless track record and that's a big reason why ppl roll their eyes at what rito does or says sometimes

it's not cos people believe all companies are evil, that's being overly simplistic and not respecting enough. by just saying that you're ignoring that ppl got burned by rito a bunch, and imo that's a really big deal in breaking trust

and it's important that none of those issues i mentioned have been really resolved in a positive way. most of them have been radio silence (except maybe the ahri nendo thing that seems like a thing only i care about :p) or maybe some easy to miss post on reddit or their forums. i don't doubt rito is working on these issues and while a lot of this is communication issues, clearly riot didn't prioritize something like the nidalee splashes (which i don't personally care about outside of generally liking pretty art) if it took them like 3 years to make like 6 drawings

so yeah, messy stuff, not saying anyone is evil or greedy or anything, and i'm sure individuals working at riot try their best to make the game as good as it can be, but i think it's pretty naive to think riot as a company always has the player in mind with all decisions they make.

lmao

Nah we're unmodded over here nowadays. The inmates are running the asylum. Anybody from this thread who's banned was banned elsewhere. Thats why I rarely venture out
yup, i'm not trapped here with you, you people are trapped here with ME

Not even I would do something that stupid

lol good one

I posted there and I'm not banned yet. Just gotta be smart and willing to have an intelligent conversation regardless of your peers.
yeah, not exactly what you'd expect from that guy

Just remember that mmr is everything, one extra win before promos mean you will have slightly better mmr after the promos.

Still, 99 LP is fine since you can lose one game and still get promos the game after, given you have somewhat average mmr.
yeah this is the way to look at it in the end

laughed so hard at these, so good haha

You're right zky, I just started rambling about random shit about the subreddit which doesn't directly involve Riot. Although I do think they have an influence on the subreddit and the NDA signing/gift giving crap is suspect, the brigading/wtfast stuff didn't directly involve them. I shouldn't be writing illogical manifestos at 4am, I guess I'm glad I didn't make it 17 pages.

I do think they need to be more careful and involved in who they let buy/manage teams though, there have been a lot of shady things involving teams going on, and I really don't think penalties are high enough for some of the things that have happened. I'll just leave it at that. Sorry for the personal shot, too.

In other news I just had an Ashe adc on my team with 59 cs in 38 minutes. He rushed rapid fire cannon and built GA for his second item.

rito pls.
np, also i don't disagree with anything you're saying here

Luigi87

Just remember that mmr is everything, one extra win before promos mean you will have slightly better mmr after the promos.

Still, 99 LP is fine since you can lose one game and still get promos the game after, given you have somewhat average mmr.

Hm, that's actually a good way to look at it.

Leezard

rioter on reddit about the Draven leak:
calisker said:
Hey there, sorry for the premature post. That was taken down - it wasn’t supposed to go live and had some faulty details/text in there.
(Draven Draven will not be free to play – do you think Draven would actually allow that? We’re planning something ludicrous for Draven Draven and you’ll have to wait to see.)

Man solo q is great. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. WHY IS MY NAUT BACKLINING.

How could they be allowed to get to super-lategame when you get that many kills? Ouch.

zkylon

zkylewd
would be nice if u could buy it with ip, idk

as long as it's not achievement-tied i'm cool

like, ascension was such a disaster almost entirely because of that stupid achievement lol

would be nice if u could buy it with ip, idk

as long as it's not achievement-tied i'm cool

like, ascension was such a disaster almost entirely because of that stupid achievement lol
Ascension was bad because fuck the Crystal Scar and events that force me to play that shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ascension was bad because fuck the Crystal Scar and events that force me to play that shit.

ascension was bad cos once the enemy team killed xerath ur whole team went afk cos they couldn't get the no xeraths achievement thingie lol

it was hilarious

i can't really blame rito for that, for all the years i've played this game they made sure not to do things like achievements that would influence players and they succeeded every time except that one. and u know everyone gets one free pass

but srsly it was super funny

BbGQc52.png

Why does this happen to me? How do I close out a game like this? I'm so annoyed, that's an hour of my life I won't get back. Didn't even get a chest from it and I lobbied with 5 people, ugh. I did say at one point to group mid or try to take another inhib when mid's was down but I have no idea what to do half the time. Annoying as fuck.

zkylon

zkylewd
meddler:
We had a look at death timers recently. The main issue we identified was that they were too long in the 30-45 minute range, resulting in single team fights (aces especially) allowing teams to clean up too much of the enemy base. We'll be decreasing death timers in that time window a bit in patch 6.7 as a result.

sounds good, nothing too extreme

That Ahri face is godlike nghhh
:>

Top Bottom