• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Started back playing ranked, now G3 on the shoulders of Vel. In series now.

Is there ranked stats thing bugged? Wondering my win percentage with vel/var this season but it's greyed out.

Neol

Gonna miss the old Taric.

As dated as his kit is, he is the one who taught me how to have a presence in lane without actually doing anything.

Also top taric was hilarious

clemenx

Banned
I think tanks should absolutely have decent DPS. We complain now but if they had no damage then people would complain about wet noodle fights (something that's already happened before). People forget that tanks should ideally be fighting other tanks most of the time. It think that If your carry finds himself getting killed solo by a tank is probably a team fuckup.

I don't really mind straigths tanks tbh. What I'm hating is shit like Tank Akali, Ekko and the like. That's clearly an itemization problem when assassins are able to grab the tank items and do well.

Taric looks super hot.

Quonny

In a few years Riot should implement a temporary mode called "Legacy" where the only selectable champions are champions before they got a rework.

Would be hilarious.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Taric looking less fabulous now.

Riot you better not fuck this up. I want my boy totes mcfabs.

xDcu1tA.jpg

NEVERMIND HES AWESOME

oh my

fuck we suck at keeping things secret

you should see his dance

and the Armour of the 5th Age splash...

costi plz just spill the beans

I'm a... little underwhelmed with the new Taric design given how much it was hyped to be somehow "more" fabulous and Jojo inspired. First thing that hit me was how simplified his design is. I guess his old design was primitive and basic in its own right but I would like a few more...gems in his design, I think I miss his singlet/crown the most really. That would complete the look for me.

Otherwise, he looks much more refined, and very Disney Prince/WoW as some have already said, and I can't wait to see what his other skin splashes look like/what his new abilities are, though I guess with him being reworked I'll be lucky to actually test him out on release.

I do have to appreciate the bara chest though,and I'd let new Taric tear me up tbh 👀👀👀👀

I'm a... little underwhelmed with the new Taric design given how much it was hyped to be somehow "more" fabulous and Jojo inspired. First thing that hit me was how simplified his design is. I guess his old design was primitive and basic in its own right but I would like a few more...gems in his design, I think I miss his singlet/crown the most really. That would complete the look for me.

Otherwise, he looks much more refined, and very Disney Prince/WoW as some have already said, and I can't wait to see what his other skin splashes look like/what his new abilities are, though I guess with him being reworked I'll be lucky to actually test him out on release.

I do have to appreciate the bara chest though,and I'd let new Taric tear me up tbh 👀👀👀👀

New taric looks like Disney's Beast in human form

Nekofrog

Banned
Looking super forward to Yorick. Lots of stuff they could do with a champion that has an army of ghouls with him.

they said the same thing about the necromancer in diablo 2

then everyone's computers crashed because almost nobody could render a full necro army on their computers back then lol

Maybe it would be slightly oppressive but what if Yorick could command his ghouls to other lanes to keep pressure on the enemy. No champ has an ability like that except Annie with Tibbers but it doesn't count cause of the limited range. They'd have to be quite weak but that could be one idea, or have it incorporated into a new champ.

drawkcaB

they said the same thing about the necromancer in diablo 2

then everyone's computers crashed because almost nobody could render a full necro army on their computers back then lol

Oh I don't want flood the screen or anything, but there has to be something better than what Yorick has currently. Even with all three ghouls out it doesn't feel like an army of the damned. More like the Yorick & Friends Miserable Laning Phase Fun Time Hour.

zkylon

zkylewd
if taric patch is gonna be tomorrow night i'm guessing we'll see him in pbe on wednesday?

can't wait, hopefully there'll be a reveal page tomorrow

oBNG6jd.gif

garath

I really don't mind losing games. But I can't stand games where someone has decided we've lost from champ select. Doesn't dodge. Complains all game in chat. Loses lane quite handily (his own fault from what I saw) and then despite an epic comeback and getting them to their inhibs, just trolls and runs down sidelanes feeding. All this over an Ori support to his adc Lucian. The ori had a nice 60% winrate as ori support too. She actually did pretty well.

Damn crybabies making me lose elo. I had a great game too.

Bacon

Top tank gragas seems to be back. Seen lots of it in pro play and in the challenger/high level diamond scene recently

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Maybe my hot-radar isn't working but someone explain to me why Taric looks hot? He doesn't look that hot for a guy compared to some other League champs...

Newt

Maybe my hot-radar isn't working but someone explain to me why Taric looks hot? He doesn't look that hot for a guy compared to some other League champs...
League of Legends |OT12| Is my hot-radar working? He doesn't look that hot for a guy.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i mean pool party graves is pretty unf unf but damn just look at that manly chest and chiseled jaw on nu-taric and that gorgeous hair goddamn and of course those dreamy eyes

Neol

Good physique where it shows he's clearly strong but not to the extreme where its too much. Defined face and chin shape that makes him look stern but also solemn. A generally handsome face with a long nose that complements the length of his head as well as gentle looking eyes and very expressive eyebrows. Don't forget the long flowing hair.

His looks are kinda based on men like Fabio and Hassellhoff so if you don't think there good looking I don't think you'll see the appeal of Taric either.

zkylon

zkylewd
graves is def not attractive, he's cool but yeah

taric is flamboyant which is something very few other champions are and he's also more a bit more soft posed which is also cool

Graves is ugly as sin. TF I can understand.
Top tank gragas seems to be back. Seen lots of it in pro play and in the challenger/high level diamond scene recently
They gave him his wave clear back with the W change which was what pushed him away from top lane in the first place, couple that with Freezy Mittens being stupid and fatman is back.

Maybe it would be slightly oppressive but what if Yorick could command his ghouls to other lanes to keep pressure on the enemy. No champ has an ability like that except Annie with Tibbers but it doesn't count cause of the limited range. They'd have to be quite weak but that could be one idea, or have it incorporated into a new champ.

I just don't think Riot will ever go all in on summon champs like in DotA2.

Tank Ekko is strong as hell but boy is AP Ekko a shit pick. The dude would just go in and instantly get blown up. I was getting heavy Yasuo vibes.

I played with an Ekko the other night who at some point complained about how he always melted right away in fights, I check his items: full AD. Bronze V life.

zkylon

zkylewd
videogames don't know how to do hot dudes anyways, like the gruff and approachable and everyday hotness type, the kind of look jayce should have, it seems like games don't even bother shooting for that

i think nathan drake is probably the closest games have gotten

So ... how is Urgot a "Marksman"?

I just dodged a game because Bot picked him. Last time I had a bot Urgot it ligit felt like we had no ADC. I'm trying to clear supers late game and I see he's having just as much trouble as I am (as Diana, a Melee champ who has to spam spells to deal with em). I'm wondering wtf he does cause he can't seem to wave clear for shit and decent wave clear is like the bar for ADC champs who go bot imo.

I just dodged a game because Bot picked him. Last time I had a bot Urgot it ligit felt like we had no ADC. I'm trying to clear supers late game and I see he's having just as much trouble as I am (as Diana, a Melee champ who has to spam spells to deal with em). I'm wondering wtf he does cause he can't seem to wave clear for shit and decent wave clear is like the bar for ADC champs who go bot imo.
You're confusing bot lane for mid lol, wave clear ain't a requirement at all. See Vayne, Kalista, Draven.

Urgot is his own thing but he can go bot.

Ranged sustained DPS.

23qwerty

Yeah he's trash tier adc

Talents

Banned

He's an ok top sometimes and good mid into picks like Zed. But other than that he's pretty garbo.

Top Bottom