• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Ferga

Ok. So I can usually make up shit for why I didn't get an S ranking but this game... I have no idea how I didn't get an S.

jMfiy5t.jpg
I'm literally the only player on the team who bought pink wards (bought 2). I cleared an average amount of wards while placing 11 wards of my own (almost the highest in the game).

My cs is not on the low side for a 20 minute game (I've gotten S for much lower at 20minutes) and my gold is obscene for a jungler at 20minutes.

Soloed dragon twice and got rift.

My damage is a lot more than Ashe and Zac and they got S ranks.

What.

kenbo

Ok. So I can usually make up shit for why I didn't get an S ranking but this game... I have no idea how I didn't get an S.

I'm literally the only player on the team who bought pink wards (bought 2). I cleared an average amount of wards while placing 11 wards of my own (almost the highest in the game).

My cs is not on the low side for a 20 minute game (I've gotten S for much lower at 20minutes) and my gold is obscene for a jungler at 20minutes.

What.

not enough wards

Leezard

Maybe they've made it a little harder to get an S now that we get a chest for it?

It's tied to your performance compared to others on the same champ around your mmr. If it's harder to get an S then that's because others are performing better on the same champ.

Jarsonot

So a friend of mine suggests that I play normals for awhile before playing ranked. I played ranked anyway, and I'm (I think) 1 win, 6 losses. =)

Should I stop playing ranked and play normals to try to improve before trying ranked again, or screw it and play ranked? I mean, I think I AM bronze level, so maybe I just belong in bronze for awhile until I improve?

Leezard

So a friend of mine suggests that I play normals for awhile before playing ranked. I played ranked anyway, and I'm (I think) 1 win, 6 losses. =)

Should I stop playing ranked and play normals to try to improve before trying ranked again, or screw it and play ranked? I mean, I think I AM bronze level, so maybe I just belong in bronze for awhile until I improve?

It depends on what you want to do really. You can improve in Bronze just as well as you can improve in normals, maybe even better in ranked considering it's typically more competitive.

faridmon

Costly said he will benefit from being in a duo lane so most likely he will still be a support

Cool. Cheers!

Will be my first Tank based Supp i will play. wanted to play Poppy, but with the nerf, I am worried that I will extra suck with her.

2nd game as Vel, I LOVE how he feels like a legit mage!

And by that I mean he has these big, cool aoe spells, lots of power and a ult that fucks up many people (not the "nuke one person" shit that annoys me with so many mages I play)

2nd game as Vel, I LOVE how he feels like a legit mage!

And by that I mean he has these big, cool aoe spells, lots of power and a ult that fucks up many people (not the "nuke one person" shit that annoys me with so many mages I play)

Have you played Xerath? He's not particularly great against a lot of dive, but it sounds like you might enjoy him. Though his ult is really more for long-range bombardment.

zkylon

zkylewd
with udyr being op for a while and udyr in general being a high winrate champion it's not that hard to see, you have a great score and might've carried the game but it's not exceptional compared to the average udyr

hard to believe the riven got an s- considering her score but the average riven must be a complete shitshow i guess

i had a game happen with both a yasuo and diana both dying ten times and both getting s ranks so you know, the system is kinda bad

best thing about velkoz is wiggle spam
i love spamming dance and taunt cos it looks like he's scratching himself

velkoz is pretty cool, can't wait for his rework to make him less dumbo

kenbo

When is playoffs? Like that is near the end of the season right?

semis this weekend
finals next

then happy urf times

with udyr being op for a while and udyr in general being a high winrate champion it's not that hard to see, you have a great score and might've carried the game but it's not exceptional compared to the average udyr

hard to believe the riven got an s- considering her score but the average riven must be a complete shitshow i guess

i had a game happen with both a yasuo and diana both dying ten times and both getting s ranks so you know, the system is kinda bad

i love spamming dance and taunt cos it looks like he's scratching himself

velkoz is pretty cool, can't wait for his rework to make him less dumbo

i dont mind his kit atm really
it has a nice combo feel to it

id rather less poke more combo but riot doesnt like combo mages i know dis

zkylon

zkylewd

i wonder who's the designer on taric

i dont mind his kit atm really
it has a nice combo feel to it

id rather less poke more combo but riot doesnt like combo mages i know dis
i feel like the w max exposes some bad stuff about the way he's balanced, the fact that he can max an almost purely shoving/passive proccing spell instead of his nuke because of his base dmg are so silly is pretty bad i think

also i'd like him to be a bit more original, he feels a little bit like every other mage: poke poke poke land random cc and press all the buttons in that general direction

he always felt to me like he needs a few more mechanics, i almost never used q in very creative ways outside of poking around minions in lane and the rest of his kit is kind of super simple/straightforward

and yea i like his passive a lot, i'd love more gameplay around it

kind of really generic opinion but he just seems too simple, i kind of wish they changed his e significantly for something that interacts with other spells or has some strange special effect (like analyzes the targeted champion, causing your next passive proc on them to root them in place and reducing their mr by X for Y seconds, something like that). i feel like he shouldn't have hard cc like he does, idk

Talents

Banned
I mean

What was Riot thinking when they allowed parties into solo queue

Stupid as shit. Riot is so damn out of touch.

I don't get why they needed to change the old system. It was fine. I can't remember ever seeing someone complain that they couldn't play with 2 or 3 friends in the old solo/duo queue system.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I still prefer dynamic queue. I don't see how adjusting matchmaking parameters wouldn't fix the issues people bring up.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't get why they needed to change the old system. It was fine. I can't remember ever seeing someone complain that they couldn't play with 2 or 3 friends in the old solo/duo queue system.
i didn't complain but i prefer this system since i just can play with my friends and we all rank up together, same as we would do if we played solo, just more fun

only thing i don't like about this system is that they removed ranked 5s and champion stat tracking (which i guess is pointless since u can just op.gg that stuff) but tbh the previous implementation of ranked 5s was pretty poor too

i still liked seeing the stats of our most successful champions and which champion was our most played, etc.

i wish league overall cared more about tracking and showing you stats

I have no preferences regarding the queue system but I was never a fan of changing something that already worked nicely, specially when Riot ended up testing this shit way, way to late. They had an entire preseason to implement dynamic Q and work on feedback but instead we're at the end of the spring split and it still has some issues.

I just hate when Riot goes on these long crusades to solve a problem that doesn't exist or was created by them.

Bacon

What do you guys think about ADs buying cull on the first back? I see qt doing it almost every game but I wonder if it only benefits higher elo games where the laning phase tends to be a bit longer

Neol

Man that invulnerability looks to be prettyyyyyy long.

Otherwise he looks good. E range is pretty good but has a long startup so you can't just throw it out. His passive makes me feel I can use him in the jungle.

Haha, Tarics ultimate is some Heroes of the Storm shit. Literally ripped off Tyraels ult, GG bungie.

And because of that, he's going to be overpowered as fuck, because he breaks the mold. Not saying he's a bad character, but he'll be toxic in Riots term. I see a remake within next year.

That ult looks really hard to use but man a Bard ult without the troll potential sounds fucking scary

And Dazzle is basically a Sona ult now?
What do you guys think about ADs buying cull on the first back? I see qt doing it almost every game but I wonder if it only benefits higher elo games where the laning phase tends to be a bit longer
Reminds me of when ADCs used to get a couple dorans on first back.

Blizzard

Banned

What.
Is damage / wards compared to your team actually part of S ranks? I thought it was compared to the average champion scores (possibly the average Udyr scores for platinum where you're playing).

You might have had few kills compared to their standard for S rank (Udyr has a massive winrate) but more likely, as a jungler, your kill participation was low at 14 (support had 14 and Twisted Fate had 20).

For all I know, a shorter game could mean less chance of an S too.

*edit* As pointed out, you might have needed like 2-3 more wards placed too, no matter what your team did that game.

Top Bottom