• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Newt

I've been playing a little azir lately and it feels like he is way too good. Decent mobility, safe and outputs a metric ton of damage late game. Its weird that I don't see him picked very much.
I see him picked a lot and it's frustrating as hell. I'm literally stuck sitting under tower for 15 minutes.
Na, bot lane is only bad if you are weak-hearted. It's not good if you are the wrong elo or flame/tilt easily. I'm playing exclusively support and ADC this season. My vocabulary consists of. ".", "k", "lol", "mb", "guess we should just farm now". Deals with any situation without things going sour.
Holy dude you just get it. Are you on NA?

killatopak

Gold Member
Is Cho easy to play? He's a cheap hero I guess I could buy him and try learning him too.

Cho is pretty easy to play as. He's pretty tanky and has one of the most if not the most amazing ap scaling on any champ with around 70-100% scaling with some true damage on the sides.

He has amazing sustain with incredible burst damage. The only problem he has is high mana cost and low mobility.

The usual build top lane would be buying roa into tank. You can go frozen heart/visage depending on matchups and zzrot is also pretty amazing for him. Some builds use rylais because his auto attacks proc the passive due to his passive E ability. I think he is pretty strong right now especially with the recent buffs to his hp stacking.

He is also really good for stealing dragons and barons because his R deals true damage that deals 1000 +100%ap on monsters.

Yeah cho is a great safe pick, tons of damage and CC, alot of tank. Being able to take smiting dragon and baron into your own hands so you dont have to worry about jgers missing it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I've been playing a little azir lately and it feels like he is way too good. Decent mobility, safe and outputs a metric ton of damage late game. Its weird that I don't see him picked very much.
Idk I feel like he's really vulnerable early, yeah you can slice through the enemy team if you make it late but it can be tough making it that far, maybe I just need to play him more passively in the early stages

Cho is pretty easy to play as. He's pretty tanky and has one of the most if not the most amazing ap scaling on any champ with around 70-100% scaling with some true damage on the sides.

He has amazing sustain with incredible burst damage. The only problem he has is high mana cost and low mobility.

The usual build top lane would be buying roa into tank. You can go frozen heart/visage depending on matchups and zzrot is also pretty amazing for him. Some builds use rylais because his auto attacks proc the passive due to his passive E ability. I think he is pretty strong right now especially with the recent buffs to his hp stacking.

He is also really good for stealing dragons and barons because his R deals true damage that deals 1000 +100%ap on monsters.
Hmmm, I have Gentleman Cho as a skin shard. Might get him.

EDIT- Haha, nope. That shard takes too much dust and it's not that interesting.

remist

Should I upgrade battlecast prime chogath or forecast janna? I have to disenchant one to have enough essence for the other.
Idk I feel like he's really vulnerable early, yeah you can slice through the enemy team if you make it late but it can be tough making it that far, maybe I just need to play him more passively in the early stages
Ap assassins, particularly leblanc and to a certain extent fizz are really hard matchups. It feels awkward to buy magic resist on him,

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not gonna lie. One of the most aggravating people to play with aren't even bad players or onbxious asshole players but ignorant morons. They think that they win games by simply getting kills and getting fed or just because they got kills and won previous games they're good. Holy shit. Played with a LB that was outleveled by me, an adc, by 2 whole fucking levels most of the game. The enemy Karma mid out farmed him by double. He says he's hot shit and I check his match history and his average cs per min is less than fucking 4. LoL seriously needs an improvement aftermath or something. Putting a simple letter by how well you played is not enough. If these fuckers are higher than me in division but can't get their average CS to at least a 4 then that's an issue. I'm so sick of these asshats thinking that they're good because they get carried. Put in a simple system of what the average CS per 10 min looks like for players in that division. hell, put some KDA numbers too or how much damage they do or something. Something to make these morons realize that they're actually not playing up to par and getting their egos struck down a notch.

Newt

Not gonna lie. One of the most aggravating people to play with aren't even bad players or onbxious asshole players but ignorant morons. They think that they win games by simply getting kills and getting fed or just because they got kills and won previous games they're good. Holy shit. Played with a LB that was outleveled by me, an adc, by 2 whole fucking levels most of the game. The enemy Karma mid out farmed him by double. He says he's hot shit and I check his match history and his average cs per min is less than fucking 4. LoL seriously needs an improvement aftermath or something. Putting a simple letter by how well you played is not enough. If these fuckers are higher than me in division but can't get their average CS to at least a 4 then that's an issue. I'm so sick of these asshats thinking that they're good because they get carried. Put in a simple system of what the average CS per 10 min looks like for players in that division. hell, put some KDA numbers too or how much damage they do or something. Something to make these morons realize that they're actually not playing up to par and getting their egos struck down a notch.
Who cares what people think about how they play. Their division essentially says everything that you're asking for. If you want to get even more specific you can try to find their hidden elo.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They should break down grades kinda like:

KDA
CS/minute
Wards bought/placed
Kill participation

and show them on your profile and end of game stats. I know they show numbers now but they could assign grades to those numbers.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Who cares what people think about how they play. Their division essentially says everything that you're asking for. If you want to get even more specific you can try to find their hidden elo.

Because it doesn't better the community and its playing. I don't know about you but I don't want to play with players that think they're winning under a false cause and causes the team to lose games. That's why.

patchday

KDA
CS/minute
Wards bought/placed
Kill participation

and show them on your profile and end of game stats. I know they show numbers now but they could assign grades to those numbers.

Yeah I'd enjoy ranked a bit more if they went by that. A lot of times I'd have like 5.0 KDA and if team lost- I'd lose a bunch of LP. I never seen shit like that before

As I explained weeks ago, previously the ranked game I mostly played was RTS (1v1) and iRacing. In iRacing, you could lose a race but if you had a podium finish you'd still get positive LP gain, etc. It was extremely well done but it was demanding practicing for races. Cause one mistake you wreck and you're out of the race (I was a Star Mazda driver)

patchday

thanks!

zkylon

zkylewd

KDA
CS/minute
Wards bought/placed
Kill participation

stat tracking is something i wish rito did a lot more of

the thing of tying scores to that, i like that idea too, but not if it's gonna expose how they calculate the final score, cos that could be totally abused

also dmg dealt, that's the mage participation award

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
what's the deal with urgot? his kit looks pretty cool, and it seems like he used to be popular, so why does no one play him any more?

remist

Wow I got placed in silver II... I have a feeling that will be dropping fast. 10 games is probly not enough to give an accurate picture.

Quonny

what's the deal with urgot? his kit looks pretty cool, and it seems like he used to be popular, so why does no one play him any more?
Too short range, weird scaling (building tank + armor pen), ugly as fuck.

I actually rocked him a bit in season 4 as a top laner.

Placed in...Bronze II

Do I sound like a whiny turd if I complain that I'm much better than Bronze II, and just kept getting stuck with bad teammates? Because that's how I feel, though I should probably shut up about it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does not itemize with items that are strong right now. Does not benefit that much from the masteries right now.

Calvero

Banned
Feels good to be back.
So yesterday I opened up the client and was met with this:
OaekVKW.png
feelsgoodman

The stat quirk with Yorick's ult is hilarious.

Speaking of Urgot, I'd kind of like his VU to be some mish-mash of Porky and the Emperor of Mankind.

A decrepit monster sitting on top a throne that keeps him alive. And it has spider legs.

latest

TheFlow

Banned
fuckkkkk so close to wininng this game. but we had to much ap damage. mundo and vi was tanking all of our damage. :< the feels mane. going to cry myself to sleep

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ten day break from League of Legends. Come back and queue for normal draft is over 15 minutes...I can't...

Switch to blind pick out of sadness. My support is Leblanc.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of Urgot, I'd kind of like his VU to be some mish-mash of Porky and the Emperor of Mankind.

A decrepit monster sitting on top a throne that keeps him alive. And it has spider legs.

latest
I want you to know that I googled the Warhammer picture and ended up reading the Warhammer wiki for something like an hour. This is all your fault.

zkylon

zkylewd
hopefully the mage update thing will put viktor back in a good place

i liked him a lot after the rework, i'm sad he's in this state :T

faridmon

Placed in...Bronze II

Do I sound like a whiny turd if I complain that I'm much better than Bronze II, and just kept getting stuck with bad teammates? Because that's how I feel, though I should probably shut up about it.

Its combination of that and you as I have learnt that first hand.

I was in Bronze II just yesterday when I started tillting and dropped to Bronze III. A lot of it was bad teammate, but me alo, having rubbish day. But you pick up things that will help you climb faster than you think.

But one thing I learnt is to try and never support Lucian. I just don't know how to support his kit and he is too fast for my liking.

garath

I don't know what's changed but I've gotten my primary jungle role 12 out of the last 14 games. Either adc is much more popular now or they adjusted the algorithm a bit.

The downside is I spent over 10 min looking for a ranked game last night before giving up. 5 minute queue, pop, someone dodges, 8 min queue before canceling and duoing with Achtius in a normal (still was in queue for another 5 min after that).

It's rough when gold ranked queues are that long.

faridmon

OK Last night, I was pretty rubbish. But one game stood out which pissed me off. I have so many questions which puzzled me.

- Why the hell am I playing with Silver 1 (he was the mvp of the whole game)

- Braum was good, hard to believe he is Bronze 4

- Our Lee was awful, Silver 5 my ass

- Cat was really good. Good at farming and only died 2 times untill they invaded our nexus

- Irelia fed way too hard early game and later she was OK

Top Bottom