• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

garath

OK Last night, I was pretty rubbish. But one game stood out which pissed me off. I have so many questions which puzzled me.

- Why the hell am I playing with Silver 1 (he was the mvp of the whole game)

- Braum was good, hard to believe he is Bronze 4

- Our Lee was awful, Silver 5 my ass

- Cat was really good. Good at farming and only died 2 times untill they invaded our nexus

- Irelia fed way too hard early game and later she was OK

There's only a tier restriction on plat and below. So any bronze can play with any silver. Any silver with any gold, etc. So the udyr was premade with one of the lower bronze guys for sure.

faridmon

There's only a tier restriction on plat and below. So any bronze can play with any silver. Any silver with any gold, etc. So the udyr was premade with one of the lower bronze guys for sure.

Damn, it showed.

Braum was baiting people and Udyr ended up being fed really hard.

Been having a string of shit games. And I mean SHIT show games.

Last night I was top Trundle vs a Shyvana. Went 2/0 and won lane all by myself ( my Rammus JG didn't even visit for a cup of tea where as theirs tried but failed in ganking me), took her tower, ran mid, pushed down 2 of their mid towers annnnd then I noticed that my team was losing 28 to 10?!? I wasn't paying attention to that cause I had to piss that whole time so I was legit shocked. JG 1/7, ADC died 10 times and I'm like level 11 at the time ... crazy feeding across the map.

Asked if they were all new to their champs cause IDK how they're doing so poorly so early in the game and of course one person tries to take it as a jab.

Also tried Twitch mid ... won with a 1/1/1 kda. Was a lil awkward cause it was my 1st time playing him vs a human. Was against an Ahri. We got into a strange pattern of just wave clearing and waiting in the Fog to see if the other person had backed yet cause we didn't want to leave the tower unmanned. So it took a good bit before I could get the power spike items he needs ... once I did he felt pretty cool.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i played twitch last time he was free and just couldn't figure out how to make his stacks have any impact.... overall he seemed pretty cool though, tbf i had that problem with ez the first time i tried him and now he's my favorite adc to play

Holy shit fuck tank Ekko. Winning a match against a mid Illaoi shouldn't be this difficult.

Thank fuck Banner exists so I can at least annoy the fuck out of him.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does aegis stack?
you and the other aegis player get the stacked effects but your aegisless teammates don't

it's still often good to have two aegis since locket/banner have pretty different uses and also to cover a greater area since sometimes the support aegis doesn't reach your front line/jungler aegis doesn't reach your back line

Leezard

Sona mid.

Bank on it!
ew
I don't know what's changed but I've gotten my primary jungle role 12 out of the last 14 games. Either adc is much more popular now or they adjusted the algorithm a bit.

The downside is I spent over 10 min looking for a ranked game last night before giving up. 5 minute queue, pop, someone dodges, 8 min queue before canceling and duoing with Achtius in a normal (still was in queue for another 5 min after that).

It's rough when gold ranked queues are that long.
It's possible riot adjusted the algorithm, if you're seeing longer queues but an increase in your primary role. Of course we can't say much more than it's a possibility.
Does aegis stack?
Kinda. The ones with the item itself gains a stack with the aura, but only those people.

So if your tank and support both have aegis they will gain double aura effects, while everyone else without an aegis will only have the effect of one aura.

faridmon

you and the other aegis player get the stacked effects but your aegisless teammates don't

it's still often good to have two aegis since locket/banner have pretty different uses and also to cover a greater area since sometimes the support aegis doesn't reach your front line/jungler aegis doesn't reach your back line

Thank you. That is exactly what I was wondering about.I never actually built Banner before as I was worried that the potential of Aegis might diminish, but that is good thing to know.

Kinda. The ones with the item itself gains a stack with the aura, but only those people.

So if your tank and support both have aegis they will gain double aura effects, while everyone else without an aegis will only have the effect of one aura.

My line of question was about a certain Champ having both banner and Locket. but its good to know about aoe

Tizoc

Been having a string of shit games. And I mean SHIT show games.

Last night I was top Trundle vs a Shyvana. Went 2/0 and won lane all by myself ( my Rammus JG didn't even visit for a cup of tea where as theirs tried but failed in ganking me), took her tower, ran mid, pushed down 2 of their mid towers annnnd then I noticed that my team was losing 28 to 10?!? I wasn't paying attention to that cause I had to piss that whole time so I was legit shocked. JG 1/7, ADC died 10 times and I'm like level 11 at the time ... crazy feeding across the map.

Asked if they were all new to their champs cause IDK how they're doing so poorly so early in the game and of course one person tries to take it as a jab.

Also tried Twitch mid ... won with a 1/1/1 kda. Was a lil awkward cause it was my 1st time playing him vs a human. Was against an Ahri. We got into a strange pattern of just wave clearing and waiting in the Fog to see if the other person had backed yet cause we didn't want to leave the tower unmanned. So it took a good bit before I could get the power spike items he needs ... once I did he felt pretty cool.

Twitch Mid?
What is this bullockery?

Leezard

Thank you. That is exactly what I was wondering about.I never actually built Banner before as I was worried that the potential of Aegis might diminish, but that is good thing to know.

My line of question was about a certain Champ having both banner and Locket. but its good to know about aoe

You won't get stacked effects on the same character if you have both banner and locket on the same character.

Ashhong

Third time back in Gold 4. Getting tired of going on tilt mode and dropping to Gold 5, only to get right back to Gold 4. It's like a never ending cycle with me.

I always play godlike Bard games in 5, then shit the bed in 4 for whatever reason. Some of my ults were just finger licking good

Tizoc

One of the things that surprised me when playing is seeing a few people build BOTH Trinity+Iceborn
Their sheen passives dont stack; one will override the other @_@
Now Trinity+Cleaver, okay I get the reason, but 2 sheens? Come on children...

garath

Third time back in Gold 4. Getting tired of going on tilt mode and dropping to Gold 5, only to get right back to Gold 4. It's like a never ending cycle with me.

I always play godlike Bard games in 5, then shit the bed in 4 for whatever reason. Some of my ults were just finger licking good

You and me both. I hover low gold pretty much always.

Tizoc

Triforce + Iceborn means you get the damage from Triforce but also the slow field from iceborn.

You always get the higher damage.

Forgot about the icefield since it is a separate unique passive.
Still though Trinity takes time to finish that it isn't worth investing in I believe.

Nekofrog

Banned
these days when I see an AP jungler rushing the blue enchant and then getting lich bane it still triggers me, then I settle down and realize "wait, I'M the dumb one".

garath

Lol, yeah he needs it though. The fucking grasp meta top lane is super cheesy. I always just rush and force level 1 and level 2 fights when i play top lane.

Yeah. Kind of stinks. Jungle ekko wouldn't build ibg/sunfire. So it's a hit to a jungle ekko that wouldn't take advantage of the max broken build.

On the bright side, it's a wash at 200ap and I usually build abyssal and runic echoes for 130ap. If I add hourglass then it'll be a net buff. I don't really like building AP on ekko though. He get blown up so hard.

Yeah. Kind of stinks. Jungle ekko wouldn't build ibg/sunfire. So it's a hit to a jungle ekko that wouldn't take advantage of the max broken build.

On the bright side, it's a wash at 200ap and I usually build abyssal and runic echoes for 130ap. If I add hourglass then it'll be a net buff. I don't really like building AP on ekko though. He get blown up so hard.
Yeah, it is always funny when tanks go full AP like mal or grag, because your usually trained to think they are super tanky and then you start fighting them and they just melt.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think rito should just drop support to tank ekko, off builds in league have always been binary and problematic

can't think of a single off build i prefer playing against more than the legit build

i think rito should just drop support to tank ekko, off builds in league have always been binary and problematic

can't think of a single off build i prefer playing against more than the legit build

Other than Ekko, the only champion that I can think of that has a viable off build with a strong fanbase is AP Rengar. I'm sure there are a few more, but I'm spacing out.

tank soraka

cSyHoGN.gif

It's fun being stuck at level 17 because I can't find other players in queues
Thanks, Riot

Edit: The Rito Gods have blessed me with not only a 2 minute queue, but also a game that actually started

Top Bottom