• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
what
giphy.gif

yeah there's a lot of key customization to be done

smartcast with indicators is on key release instead of press, which makes it a little bit slower but i play mid so i need my indicators to aim

i have so many dumb things configured, i hope those things are stored on your account cos setting all those things again would be kind of a nightmare

Calvero

Banned
yeah there's a lot of key customization to be done

smartcast with indicators is on key release instead of press, which makes it a little bit slower but i play mid so i need my indicators to aim

i have so many dumb things configured, i hope those things are stored on your account cos setting all those things again would be kind of a nightmare

Guess I gotta configure my settings again.

zkylon

zkylewd
as the arbiter of lewdness i can say with absolute certainty that there are gross boobs and eve's old boobs were one such example

don't settle for gross boobs when u can have pretty boobs

world should be pretty

surely a future we can all strive for together

Newt

Newt pls
teach me how to Draven
Come back to me after at least 15 ranked games of Draven. Feeding is acceptable.

as the arbiter of lewdness i can say with absolute certainty that there are gross boobs and eve's old boobs were one such example

don't settle for gross boobs when u can have pretty boobs

world should be pretty

surely a future we can all strive for together
You disgust me.
newt if dyrus was in your queue

and he was like 'give me yasuo'

would you ban yasuo y/n
My cutoff is either 3.0 KDA or 60% winrate. If it's less than that I'm not gonna play with a Yasuo on my team. If Voyboy tried to go Yasuo I would ban it immediately.

Ashhong

Had a game where a teammate accidentally banned Ekko when someone on our team had wanted him top. Dude raged, picked Kog and said he was going mid (the role of the person that banned Ekko).

Game starts and he goes to mid and just sits there saying free kill. We proceed to lose the game obviously.

How the hell is this fair? When will Riot come up with some way to prevent this from happening? I thought about dodging, but then I would lose LP AND I wouldn't be able to report him.

What can Riot even do? Maybe a vote kick system in champ select, but only if the other team isn't a premade? A vote kick with no LP penalty sounds like a decent option to me. Instead, if a player is kicked often, he gets sent to the Tribunal or whatever.

Leezard

Had a game where a teammate accidentally banned Ekko when someone on our team had wanted him top. Dude raged, picked Kog and said he was going mid (the role of the person that banned Ekko).

Game starts and he goes to mid and just sits there saying free kill. We proceed to lose the game obviously.

How the hell is this fair? When will Riot come up with some way to prevent this from happening? I thought about dodging, but then I would lose LP AND I wouldn't be able to report him.

What can Riot even do? Maybe a vote kick system in champ select, but only if the other team isn't a premade? A vote kick with no LP penalty sounds like a decent option to me. Instead, if a player is kicked often, he gets sent to the Tribunal or whatever.

If someone rages and says he's going to another lane, dodge. Generally, if people are raging in champ select they're not gonna get less emotional ingame.

Newt

How is this not an even dumber mindset LOL

It's also not productive to my questions: how can Riot prevent this?
Yeah, better lose 20lp and 20 minutes than 3lp and 5 minutes.

The thing is, riot probably can't prevent this, and even if they could they're not going to.

So many games I've had a Yasuo on my team so I decide to go jungle bard. Most of the time people dodge. Even when people don;t dodge though, there's nothing inherently wrong with a jungle bard.

zkylon

zkylewd
my suggestion has always been to add a "why did you leave" prompt when you open back up the client that lists all your teammates so you can report them

this gets feed into the system like a regular report and is used for warning/punishments/etc.

you still have to lose queue time and lp to make dodging not abusable but at least you can feel good for dodging cos you're helping clean up your server

it also shares the same "report quality" feature that makes it so that if you report everyone then your reports are worthless

garath

How is this not an even dumber mindset LOL

It's also not productive to my questions: how can Riot prevent this?

While I feel for you (it's happened to us all), dodging is the answer. If you have even an inkling that someone is going to be a problem, suck up the LP loss. It doesn't affect your MMR so you don't really lose much other than the dodge penalty time.

I don't think there is anything riot can do. A vote kick system is ripe for abuse. And in this specific case you even said you didn't see much wrong initially other than the guy saying he was taking mid.

The only thing riot can do is ban these guys after the fact.

zkylon

zkylewd
the only solution is the one i listed

kick voting would be abused by premades so that's not even an option

problem with dodging isn't dodging itself, it's the feeling that you got trolled into dodging while the other guy just gets to play as usual. this way you empower the players to tell them to fuck off

JulianImp

I'm only playing ranked now because I got sent to bronze from this season's prelims last week, so I'm either good enough to climb out of here or not, and I care so little about LP that I feel like I can afford dodges.

Still, I don't think there're many situations when I'd play out a game if my teammates are already raging at each other at champion select. Even if I were in promos I don't think I'd sit through at least twenty minutes of guaranteed suffering that'd end up in surrender because at least two players feel like flaming each other while trolling the whole team.

Ashhong

Yeah, better lose 20lp and 20 minutes than 3lp and 5 minutes.

The thing is, riot probably can't prevent this, and even if they could they're not going to.

So many games I've had a Yasuo on my team so I decide to go jungle bard. Most of the time people dodge. Even when people don;t dodge though, there's nothing inherently wrong with a jungle bard.

Im talking about your "expect the worse" mentality. That is shitty and shouldn't be necessary.

While I feel for you (it's happened to us all), dodging is the answer. If you have even an inkling that someone is going to be a problem, suck up the LP loss. It doesn't affect your MMR so you don't really lose much other than the dodge penalty time.

I don't think there is anything riot can do. A vote kick system is ripe for abuse. And in this specific case you even said you didn't see much wrong initially other than the guy saying he was taking mid.

The only thing riot can do is ban these guys after the fact.

Right, but if we dodged, how would Riot ban them after the fact? They would have no record of it at all.

My suggestion would be to have a vote kick, where all 4 would need to vote yes. No LP is taken, and no punishment so you don't get too angry IF you get kicked for no reason. But if you get kicked say 5 times in a week, there is a problem there and you are sent to a committee or whatever.

Another issue with dodging is that the punishments for them skyrocket. I accidentally dodged 2 games last week and punishment went from 3 lp to 10 lp, and 30 minute delay in queue. What am I supposed to do if I get 3 trolls in a row? We all know there's a high probability with this community that this could happen

zkylon

zkylewd
that wouldn't work:
a - premades can just shit on solo queuers
b - ppl can just agree to kick someone random if they don't like the enemy comp or whatever

pigeon

Banned
It is actually a fundamental screwup on Riot's part to officially say that there's now a thing to report people for in champ select (abusing dynamic q) but not to actually implement a method of reporting people in champ select.

They just need to add reporting from champ select, and then you can dodge. Dodging is free since it doesn't touch elo, so no cost there.

I have grave doubts about any sort of vote kick feature -- way too easy for that kind of thing to be abused.

Ashhong

that wouldn't work:
a - premades can just shit on solo queuers
b - ppl can just agree to kick someone random if they don't like the enemy comp or whatever

a. Forgot to add to not allow in premade games with 4 people.
b. That is a good one. Not sure how to fix that. Although, dodging doesn't seem to be a big issue to you guys here, so you can just dodge if you don't like their comp.

At the very least then, maybe a "Report Player" option in the champ select?

It is actually a fundamental screwup on Riot's part to officially say that there's now a thing to report people for in champ select (abusing dynamic q) but not to actually implement a method of reporting people in champ select.

They just need to add reporting from champ select, and then you can dodge. Dodging is free since it doesn't touch elo, so no cost there.

I have grave doubts about any sort of vote kick feature -- way too easy for that kind of thing to be abused.

They announced this??? They should also have the first dodge be free of LP loss. I mean 3 LP isn't a big deal, but shit happens. One dodge a week or something doesn't seem that bad imo

zkylon

zkylewd
Done! Helps that I main mid.
She's always seemed pretty tricky to play well, with her ult. I love her passive though.

ori is awesome, not for everyone cos i know some ppl that were super confused with how she plays but there's no one quite like her and she's super rewarding when played well

she's kinda weak right now cos roa rush is pretty lame but i can see her doing better with the cheaper roa and morellos as well as the general nerfs to abyssal helping her out

b. That is a good one. Not sure how to fix that. Although, dodging doesn't seem to be a big issue to you guys here, so you can just dodge if you don't like their comp.

i agree with you that dodge+report is not an ideal way to solve the issue but i think there's no other way

the idea is that you "make a deal" with riot that's like i spend some lp to help you make the community cleaner. that's what dodging should be about, (as well as "whoops forgot i had an appointment" or "i can only play susan and he's banned")

kicking people is just too open to abuse, sadly

and since you don't lose any mmr it's not like you lost anything really significant

garath

They announced this??? They should also have the first dodge be free of LP loss. I mean 3 LP isn't a big deal, but shit happens. One dodge a week or something doesn't seem that bad imo

Yeah. As zkylon and other said, the potential abuse goes way beyond premades.

- don't like team comp? Vote kick
- don't like enemy team comp? Vote kick
- don't like someone's off meta pick? Vote kick.

Yes you can dodge in all those circumstances but that doesn't penalize the poor person the other 3-4 decide to pick on.

Blizzard

Banned
I got DJ Sona by rolling 3 skin shards into a permanent. Ty Rito, too bad I don't play that boring character. Well at least it's better than any of the shitty shards I had, I didn't actually expect them to give me one of the three most expensive skins for free so there's that.
I was going to make a similar, but less negative, post:

DJ Sona was my second chest drop, and I was lucky to get Spirit Guard Udyr to scrap for more essence. Even that is not enough for DJ Sona, but with 3 more key fragments, I should hopefully get another essenceable drop and make it permanent.

It's nice to have that for free even if it takes a couple months.

Ashhong

Yeah. As zkylon and other said, the potential abuse goes way beyond premades.

- don't like team comp? Vote kick
- don't like enemy team comp? Vote kick
- don't like someone's off meta pick? Vote kick.

Yes you can dodge in all those circumstances but that doesn't penalize the poor person the other 3-4 decide to pick on.

Well I also said don't penalize on vote kicks unless they are consistently getting kicked.

I would settle for a report option in champ select thoguh, didn't know they announced that.

Top Vel'Koz, taking uselessness to the next level.

Not worse than my top Naut with 9 kill participation out of 50 kills :/

you couldn't be more wrong lol.

Just in terms of the game and how she fits in, Eve is bad.

:D

I figured as much. And yea she's just dumb as a concept.

I think for me the issue is that nothing in her kit points to her outfitting/character and makes sense. Does that make sense at all? Like, her skill sets don't make anyone think "succubus". By contrast, in Dota 2, every ability in Queen of Pain's kit is designed to inflict pain and makes sense on a basic level. She makes people bleed and she makes their ears hurt. Cool, a screaming harpy with wings. I get it. Eve...she summons weird spikes from the ground.

I think if her kit made a bit more sense for the character she's supposed to be, her scantily clad style would feel less forced. And we could have the bigtitty version back.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You have to rehost the image for other people to see it.

The playtest team seems like it'd be a really rad job to have. Too bad I am no longer Diamond.

The playtest team seems like it'd be a really rad job to have. Too bad I am no longer Diamond.

Pretty much all jobs at Riot are cool :p

But to be serious and give a little bit of extra context, it's a cool but very analytical job. Being Diamond V is like the minimum to ensure games are competitive. What they're really looking for is a person who's able to articulate their points well, can give constructive feedback on changes and works really well as part of a team, because it's a very collaborative position. D5 is on the low side for them (they have former pros and high elo players like Nickwu, Sickoscott, M eye A etc. on the team) but if you're really exceptional at all of the above then you could still be considered, as long as you're D5 MINIMUM.

They did a podcast on it recently and it's a really interesting listen. If any of you are really interested in this and think you'd be a fit knowing the above criteria and you are a US citizen (viasas are a bitch) let me know.

Pretty much all jobs at Riot are cool :p

But to be serious and give a little bit of extra context, it's a cool but very analytical job. Being Diamond V is like the minimum to ensure games are competitive. What they're really looking for is a person who's able to articulate their points well, can give constructive feedback on changes and works really well as part of a team, because it's a very collaborative position. D5 is on the low side for them (they have former pros and high elo players like Nickwu, Sickoscott, M eye A etc. on the team) but if you're really exceptional at all of the above then you could still be considered, as long as you're D5 MINIMUM.

They did a podcast on it recently and it's a really interesting listen. If any of you are really interested in this and think you'd be a fit knowing the above criteria and you are a US citizen (viasas are a bitch) let me know.

I would love to give it a shot, but I feel getting back into Diamond 5 after a year hiatus would take too much time for the amount of applicants applying right now. Also the fact that I haven't played for a year, although I'm sure I could pick champions up again quickly and items after having a little more time spent with them... I can probably send you some analysis on someone like, Yorick, and how he wouldn't fit in many ways with todays meta(Since he's unchanged more or less compared when I played), and possible fixes to his current kit(Although he really needs a rework, so maybe Yorick isn't the best analysis) or give a look at a new champion by looking at some high level players playing them, if you'd be willing to give me a shot knowing my crackled history on here~.

I would definitely love to work at Riot. They've definitely done alot of positive things that I used to criticize(Like fix the homogeneous ADC game, where now various ADC's can build different things compared to each other and not be hurt by it), but in ire of some other companies with bad balancing(Bungie and their 'global philosophy' of balancing PvE and PvP 1:1 without giving regard to how a nerf in PvP affects PvE) has actually been my focal critique lately.

Lemme know if you'd like to hear an example analysis of any character you want. I'll look at some recent videos of high level play of those characters, see various match ups, parse the information from various ranking sites that list out sites, and write out something for you. (I could even write something out for Swain!)

i'm pretty sure they do this all the time?

They've hired pro players before, but not directly like this before that I remember.

jerd

RiotMontag said:
Want to: I think we always do. :) But it's not always productive when a lot of players on a thread honestly believe we're trying to undermine them or are outright lying. There's not much you can say to someone who's made up their mind, especially when they put the credibility of what you say at 0.
On the other hand, it can be very productive to talk to someone who may not agree with you but who understands you're working toward the best outcome for both parties. You can influence each others' opinions in positive ways and come away with a greater understanding of the situation from multiple perspectives. (They're the best humans to hang out with just generally, in my experience.)
My guess is I'll probably get some flak on this post, too, but I wanted to at least provide a little insight into how I think about where to post, as one Rioter.

Reddit post from a rioter I thought was interesting. I wonder if reddit was less abrasive a community if rioters would be more active on there :/

Top Bottom