• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

But adc is the carry role

I'm pretty sure jarvan jungle is a good low elo pick again. His champ.gg numbers suck but he just punishes bad positioning so hard and it's rampant in low elo.

Newt

You know I feel a bit bad for Lyte but some of these tweets are hilarious.
3ed95d01d76205902692a9dfd06a8e64.png

JulianImp

Finally embraced being bronze scum, so I guess I'm back to playing a couple ranked games every now and then. Tried Janna out but I was doing crap while the rest of the team also sucked... they very quickly began doing 5-man tower dives while we were running around like headless chickens and dying just as easily.

For the second game I went Thresh and stood as the gatekeeper to our creeps, making sure neither Braum nor Lucian would get things to go their way. My final score was meh (1/1/5 with a surrender at 31'), but I felt kind of proud about successfully blullying our opposing bot champs so Varus could farm more easily while I made sure to keep both of them with low health. I guess playing more agressively could've gotten Varus kills rather than forcing them to stay back.

I still feel like I do better as mage supports than melee ones (and Thresh), since they don't rely on all-in combos as much and can also safely operate from behind the team's tanks while buffing/healing, poking and ccing. I guess I do like Nautilus a bit, but have been seeing better KDAs with the likes of Lulu and Morgana.

Does anyone here play Volibear? What builds/ keystone do you use and what starting item do you get?

I see that the normal Tank top items are what people generally go for but when ever I play a Tank Top I start with a component of the first DEF item I wanna get on them (normally that's SFC). I'm seeing some people go with Dorans Blade first and fervor instead of Grasp and I'm wondering how much that matters.

Neol

Does anyone here play Volibear? What builds/ keystone do you use and what starting item do you get?

I see that the normal Tank top items are what people generally go for but when ever I play a Tank Top I start with a component of the first DEF item I wanna get on them (normally that's SFC). I'm seeing some people go with Dorans Blade first and fervor instead of Grasp and I'm wondering how much that matters.

If your confident that you can autoattack a lot and trade then fervor isn't so bad. Titantic also helps increase that auto attack damage.

Personally I just go grasp and build him straight tanky since its the safer option and you can just trade whenever W is up and use your slow to disengage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No real reason to play Volibear top when other tanks do better in that lane. Can't itemize on track with other top laners and build freezy fist right now. Just run it out of the jungle where the pool is weaker.

jerd

Yeah, that's where I looked first. But it's such a strange site.

For example the highest win rate starter items don't match the highest win rate mastiers. :/

They usually won't since a lot of people spec slightly different. Just gotta be careful with sample sizes and just use it as a rough outline

Tizoc

Voli is all about stacking hp and armor/mr
Cooldown helps him a lot tho esp with w's long cooldown
Cleaver could be good on him since ud stack 3 autos at least before biting with w for it to deal bigger damage

Yea I guess Kalista or Twitch.

Its not a great choice though. Rather have a BOTRK first.
It is kinda good on varus since it allows him to clear minions faster

Blizzard

Banned
Key fragments have reset, rejoice! I got my first drop in a month or so today.

*edit* I played an ARAM solo and got another key fragment! So happy.

zkylon

zkylewd
i was watching some stuff from the tl vs clg game

i feel like two tps on the same minion should at least be a lot more telegraphed

like the play was smart and everything but clarity tm u know

23qwerty

tbh it's kinda dumb when people dogpile on someone for having a bad game... like you're at the same skill level more than likely. everyone has a bad game, i don't really believe that those people don't have really bad games either

Leezard

tbh it's kinda dumb when people dogpile on someone for having a bad game... like you're at the same skill level more than likely. everyone has a bad game, i don't really believe that those people don't have really bad games either

Yeah, I think it's fine for everyone to have a bad game.

If you're begging for a specific role you better not suck that specific game though. It's like in old ranked where people would beg "let us premade bot pls, we can only play adc/sup" and then feed their ass off while at the same time letting other people have a harder time due to playing in an off role.

Ferga

22 kill twitch 30+mins in with only 5 items.

Did he not buy for the last 5 minutes of the game or was the entire team worth no gold

Leezard

Well the dude admitted it was his bad.

Yeah.

I just get triggered since I've had too many bad solo queue experiences with people who beg for roles and when I give them that role they start to feed. Most times they're better off playing mediocre in an off role than feeding in their main role.

bakeray

22 kill twitch 30+mins in with only 5 items.

Did he not buy for the last 5 minutes of the game or was the entire team worth no gold
Pretty sure he quit caring, he got a penta right before their last push then came down and killed everyone but me as they tried to dive them while they were pushing w/ baron instead of defending at turrets lol

jerd

Outfarming everyone from the jungle feels so good

Then you realize you lost because everyone on your team was broke bc no way you did that unless your team farmed like shit

bakeray

Outfarming everyone from the jungle feels so good

Then you realize you lost because everyone on your team was broke bc no way you did that unless your team farmed like shit
Was defending inhib turrets/nexus while they continuously dove their team outside the base.

The kog was abysmal, had like a guinsoo, 2 doran's blade, a qss and un upgraded boots until the end there. hit like a paper fan

faridmon

I'd like to take this moment to share with you an S+ support game.

PS. Fuck Yi and this Nautilus player. How do you have 9 kill/assists in a game with 57 kills?!

Holy Shit, I saw Gold and then saw the numbers 57 and 45. Isn't that high amount kills/deaths for that rank?

I thought high deaths and kills were only a bronze thing

Tizoc

I know it's aram but for fuck's sake
Rylai is not worth it on Blitz
You want to help out your duo? Maybe build LOCKET against the all ap team we're against.

I know it's aram but for fuck's sake
Rylai is not worth it on Blitz
You want to help out your duo? Maybe build LOCKET against the all ap team we're against.

Hey. Hey. Your ult can slow people. Isn't that pretty great? Also, fuck people who take ARAM so seriously that they start telling people how to play. I had the same guy in my two ARAMs last night and he was saying things like 'Malphite retarded' (me in one game) and 'Darius so retarded' (another player in 2 games. I got him on my team in two games in a row :( ). Cool, you're plat in ranked, I get that you're better than me. But when the enemy team is literally all AP you don't need to tell me to stack MR. I'm aware that stacking MR as a poppy versus an all AP team might make me unkillable.

Related but also unrelated: Holy shit the regen with Warmogs is fucking ridiculous. I had like 157HP/5 when warmogs kicked in.

Finally, I wanted to post this game:
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2155953090/37035443?tab=overview

It's not blind pick, it was draft normals. My lane was so low pressure that I bought a cull. By the time I finished my cull I had like 3 kills and 20 cs on Ezreal so I was ridiculously far ahead of him. I was kind of sad they FFed at 20, but I can understand it lol.
Edit: Cmon man wtf I only got an A for that game. I placed more wards than the top and jungle on my team and I bought 3 pink wards (placed 2 of them I think). What do you want from me, grader??

Leezard

what is this crafting business? haven't played in ages

(this is Heavy)

Hi Heavy, how's your AD TF going?

crafting is this lock-and-key stuff that exist in CSGO/dota2 etc but unlike them keys can also drop, but unlike them you can't trade/sell your stuff, as you already know. You can get champion shards and skin shards and you can sacrifice some of them to get one permanent.

bakeray

maybe tell him to practice farming? he really shouldn't have done that poorly against zed
It was one of those games where the guy just didn't understand when to roam and when not to roam, and on top of it he never called mias. He literally wasted the majority of the time dicking off in our jungle running between bot lane and top. He'd go bot at the worst time, try to dive, get killed/injured heavily and have to back, then zed would come in and clean up his mess and get all the cs. Then he'd go back to lane and be down farm + kills and get pwned.

All the while typing enough for a yelp reviewer while criticizing everyone else's play + giving tips. That's the thing that pisses me off most, the people who can't even take care of their own shit spending 75% of their energy telling other people how to play, thus exacerbating how shit they are cus they don't pay attention to call mias/realize they're getting dove/missing cs.

Bacon

You know what little thing I'm strating to really love about dynamic q? When someone doesn't get a role they want and try to switch with you and you say nah, then you go on to lose the game and they flame you and start saying how we would've won if you had just switched roles with them like they asked.

I really love it

Top Bottom