• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kenbo

Lucian is only good in pro play... /team play

In solo queue his win rate is shit

Omg first post... I met a really pretty girl today. Her voice was kinda weird tho

Godan

The matchmaking in ranked is so troll right now. So did my placements which i did bad in got silver 4. Now when playing i keep getting like 3 playing in my team who have never played ranked this season or last.

Leezard

Omg first post... I met a really pretty girl today. Her voice was kinda weird tho

The reason his winrate is shit is his high pickrate. Typically a high pickrate should coincide with a lower winrate.

Yeah but I'm still gonna play Lucian because it feels so good to team fight with Lucian.

I played an ARAM yesterday where I convinced an enemy to go onto our fountain when they were clearly going to win. Then we respawned and saved our Nexus and went on to win the game. It was hilarious because I don't think that has ever worked for me before. It's just an ARAM though so no one on the enemy team was salty about it in post game.

it's gonna hurt so hard when ekko gets smashed into the ground with the nerf hammer

Good.
I'm just salty about a game that got turned around by one teamfight where I got caught by parallel convergence. I don't think they actually need to nerf Jungle ekko, just his tanky top laner friend.

garath

Haha, I remember back even when she was completely OP and could stack her Q off a single W and people still didn't play her.

I guess nobody likes to play utility ADCs.

I do :(.

Glad to see you embrace the ashe love :)

She's my most played adc and has a 78% winrate for me. The utility is what does it. Vision, CC, initiation.

faridmon

u fukin wot m8?

He's so good, you can basically solo carry games as long as your team just act as meat shields and you're not behind.

Well as someone who plays Sona, he is a terrible champ to support and, as I said, most of the people who use him can't even use his ult properly, at least in my ELO.

People complain about Vayne players, Lucian players are even more vile.

Well as someone who plays Sona, he is a terrible champ to support and, as I said, most of the people who use him can't even use his ult properly, at least in my ELO.

People complain about Vayne players, Lucian players are even more vile.
Well you are playing sona so i would be toxic if i had to play with a sona support
/s

Something Lucian players would say!

Stay away from me.
Tbh i hate sona support, give me a ali threash blitz. Then like a soraka or janna i like tanky supports better than peel supports.
I dont play that much adc, but still during mid and late game give me anyone else and im happy.

killatopak

Gold Member
Played 7 ranked games today after a month of not playing.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Riven fucking sucks right now. This meta is the bane of a Riven player especially armor stacking.

Played 3 Riven games and 2 games were lost so horribly that it almost tilted me. Games like 0/8/1 whew. Only way I won was... Surprise! build tank. ON RIVEN.

Rest of the games were super easy wins using Renekton and Irelia. Both were fine because they can naturally build tanky after a few core items and still dish out some considerable damage. Not to mention their excellent diving capability.

Oh and fuck jhin and his bouncy shit. That shit deals tons of damage.

faridmon

Tbh i hate sona support, give me a ali threash blitz. Then like a soraka or janna i like tanky supports better than peel supports.
I dont play that much adc, but still during mid and late game give me anyone else and im happy.

Yeah, I totally get you. I am starting to play a bit more Janna and Morgana, but I am used to Sona so much now, its hard to not play her atm for me.

Also she can be deadly when the ADC I am supporting have some form of CC, which the likes of Lucian and Vayne lack.

Yeah riven is not in a super great spot right now because it is tank meta, and the change to last whisper.

Vayne and luc got some CC, more than others like sivir and ez before iceborn.
Vaynes condemn is good if you are smart about using it.

Riven is garbage because tanks are super strong in lane right now and then just scale incredibly better than her.

Speaking of which
semttulowjk2z.png

T A N K M E T A

I should feel dirty but I don't even care anymore.

Riven is garbage because tanks are super strong in lane right now and then just scale incredibly better than her.

Speaking of which

T A N K M E T A

I should feel dirty but I don't even care anymore.
Poppy is annoying to play against, also i need to pick up olaf they are buffing him on PBE which is odd to mean but i will take it. I need another tank jg to play.
I already have grag. I think grag has one of my favorite ults in the game it is so much fun to use.

drawkcaB

Oh, we're probably getting an assassin update at the start of the preseason, that's neat.

I'd rather they have done the "divers" class first. They need more help. Assassins still assassinate. Divers have been displaced by various bruisers and tanks.

I haven't played in two weeks. I'm just so tired by the time evening rolls around I can't muster the energy to play.

Even with the nerfs I want to put in more time with jungle Poppy.

I'd rather they have done the "divers" class first. They need more help. Assassins still assassinate. Divers have been displaced by various bruisers and tanks.

I haven't played in two weeks. I'm just so tired by the time evening rolls around I can't muster the energy to play.

Even with the nerfs I want to put in more time with jungle Poppy.
What even classifies as a diver these days? There's Panth, the obvious one, and then what else? Noc? Xin?

Honestly I dunno if there's even a place for that kind of champion in this game. "Assassin bruisers" will just never work.

jerd

I think irelia and trynd were a couple of examples they gave when they mentioned it. I'd imagine noct and xin would fit in there too

drawkcaB

I think irelia and trynd were a couple of examples they gave when they mentioned it. I'd imagine noct and xin would fit in there too

Xin, Irelia, and Aatrox were definitely mentioned. My memory is foggy but I think Renekton and Nocturne was mentioned as well. Can probably lump in the likes of Jax and Wukong.

Anyways, that's why I want them to do the class next instead of assassins. They're all so samey. They're mostly ball is stats, basic mechanically, their play patterns for the most part aren't the same, etc.

Leezard

So I get my new CPU, I boot Dark Souls 3, I can run the game for 8 seconds or so and then it crashes.

Turns out I had a paging file with a maximum size of 1GB, where it is recommended to be 1.5 your RAM size.

I changed the paging file maximum size and no more issues.

garath

So I get my new CPU, I boot Dark Souls 3, I can run the game for 8 seconds or so and then it crashes.

Turns out I had a paging file with a maximum size of 1GB, where it is recommended to be 1.5 your RAM size.

I changed the paging file maximum size and no more issues.

Oh yeah. Paging files can definitely cause issues. Had that happen to me with battlefield 4. Best to let windows manage it.

At least you have a new CPU!

Aatrox needs it so bad

Diana would be much more likely to get work in an assassin update though black wind

Diana isn't an assassin though.
She's a AP diver/ fighter who can build to be more one shot-ish. She can jump in on an enemy like and assassin, that's kinda how divers go in, but she can't jump out where as champs like Kat/ Talon/ Zed and such all have some kinda way to jump out of a fight. She has a reset ... only on her R and only if used after a skill shot has marked the target.

She's also tankier than assassins (she's not "Tanky" just surprisingly tankier than what people seem to expect from what I can tell. Yas players in normals will just try to sit on my Diana and be shocked when they aren't bursting her down).

Plus, iirc, a Riot person listed Diana along side Vi and Leona as dive champs. They jump in and don't really have a way out.

Nah she is way more of an assassin than diver. Assassins dont need to have an escape like talon. Her W gives her tank but she is not building tanky damage like a tank fizz vi xin or tank akali. You build her straight AP so you can 1 shot the back line.

When i think of AP fighters i think of like rumble.

I personally wouldn't mind dynamic queue if it stopped forcing secondary support players into a permanent support role and placed premades against other premades.

Talents

Banned
I personally wouldn't mind dynamic queue if it stopped forcing secondary support players into a permanent support role and placed premades against other premades.

2 of my last 10 games have been for my primary role. God bless this new system. I got mid more often in the old first come first serve system.

zkylon

zkylewd

tldr:

- sandbox mode: there's gonna be a sandbox mode someday but it's really really really far away
- solo queue: they want to make the solo queue experience inside of dynamic queue better, and then see where it goes from there. ideally a second queue won't be necessary

not much, really

kind of disappointed about sandbox mode, when i read the title i thought they were at least gonna announce they were working on it

edit: dang

tl;dr
Sandbox eventuallyTM
Dynamic queue is gonna get improved

Not a fan of this type of vague messaging but eh, better than nothing.
honestly i think they're not being purposely vague but they just don't really have much info to give

which makes this blogpost kind of useless, really, but yea i guess it's better than nothing

i just want sandbox mode so i can practice charm flash or shurima shuffles, how hard can it be to do a 90% cdr custom mode. even if some champions break it's a start

I wish Riot would just use URF as a temporary sandbox solution. Add a custom game version of it with no cooldowns and vs bots only and leave it at that.

Also I wonder how Riot plans to improve the solo vs premade experience.

Top Bottom