• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

i think people would do far, far better if they practiced flash restraint instead of flash distance limits

the feel of the flash comes to you eventually, your ability to judge when you actually need to flash and when you don't is something a lot of my lower elo friends don't really get. "oh no they're 3 inches from me i better flash before they do anything"

And if you're practicing quick cast without indicators, it's good to know the feel of where your spell/flash will land.

They're too many positives to a training mode.

Kenai

ZIGGS ZIGGS ZIIIIIIIIGGS

(I might be a bit happy about that buff thing, and might have called a tower themed mechanic to match his lore a while ago, even if I was totes wrong about him being a mage-update autopick).

Ziggs has been in a ho-hum at best spot for way too long, and i am very happy to see him becoming more unique in a meaningful way. He's the only midlaner I really enjoy playing so when he "rotates" into a spot he's in like right now I don't even feel like playing Mid (even if i still proceed to pick Ziggs and then usually do ok).

Kinda crazy that they say this is mage update thing isn't on par with the ADC one. Sure seems like it to me overall.

boo

you're NA right? I think we've played together before. We should duo again sometime!

edit: has dobker been busy with school lately? I need someone to carry me :^)
Definitely we should. But I lost another in a row. So I'm uninstalling. I take periodic month breaks when I hit a bad streak. Focus on some other things. After tonight, probably a good time to put the game down and come back refreshed.
I made it 2 damn days with League un-installed.

Two

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
And that's why a Training mode is necessary.
I mean...it's one of those things where people are going to pick up on how others flash over walls by seeing it in game, and I don't think the replication process is obtuse in any way. You walk close to the wall and you flash over it. There is virtually nothing to practice other than to get a feel for the game, which I feel comes out best through real experience.

I totally get the desire to have these tools in place, but it's hard to really justify resources being diverted to these things when there are priorities like reworking the client.

zkylon

zkylewd
the same people don't work on the client and game modes tho

i don't buy the idea that riot can't afford the people to make the quick sandbox version i outlined above. it's really, really simple, it's something that could be solved in one of riot's hackathons

also

7352OOQ.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

i don't buy the idea that riot can't afford the people to make the quick sandbox version i outlined above. it's really, really simple, it's something that could be solved in one of riot's hackathons

also

https://i.imgur.com/7352OOQ.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
9/10, too much anime eyes

I mean...it's one of those things where people are going to pick up on how others flash over walls by seeing it in game, and I don't think the replication process is obtuse in any way. You walk close to the wall and you flash over it. There is virtually nothing to practice other than to get a feel for the game, which I feel comes out best through real experience.

I totally get the desire to have these tools in place, but it's hard to really justify resources being diverted to these things when there are priorities like reworking the client.

I mean...it's not like Riot isn't working on multiple things at once. And something like Sandbox mode is wanted by alot of players, both low level and high level and everyone in between.

And it's useful to boot. 'There is virtually nothing to practice' nooooooo. That's wroooong. There's alot to practice. Having to start a game to practice flashing, or having to level up to practice combos with characters is a drag.

There is PLENTY to practice.

dimb

These things are pushed through on multiple levels. People working on the client would also need to implement code + UI elements that lead players to this place. Adding things potentially conflicts with stability in all sorts of places. These pieces are connected. To write these things off as "simple" undermines the amount of work that comes about just from implementing small features or changes.

The question is not whether or not it can be done, but what resources get allocated to which projects. It is difficult to see practice mode as any kind of priority when Riot is actively working on huge projects that impact the entire playerbase.

zkylon

zkylewd
These things are pushed through on multiple levels. People working on the client would also need to implement code + UI elements that lead players to this place. Adding things potentially conflicts with stability in all sorts of places. These pieces are connected. To write these things off as "simple" undermines the amount of work that comes about just from implementing small features or changes.

The question is not whether or not it can be done, but what resources get allocated to which projects. It is difficult to see practice mode as any kind of priority when Riot is actively working on huge projects that impact the entire playerbase.
i posted about this above, there's a lot of departments working on it because everything at riot goes through a billion departments, but the implementation itself is simple and what would be required of every department is little

the issue here is not how difficult it is to implement but the amout of red tape that comes of how freaking huge league is. in a smaller studio this would be thrown together in a day, at riot this takes forever because there's a billion certification processes it has to go through, which is fine for things that actually matter like champion and skin releases, balance changes and general game functionality, but for a smaller "always beta" thing that's just meant to be used by people that know what they're doing this is a nightmare

:^D
i like this a lot more than the other ahri fanart you usually post. they all use the same face and never diverge. this one is a lot different
i resent this praise

all the ahris i post are special

Relearning this game is a bitch.

Did you guys know Shen got a remake? HE GOT A REMAKE! I love shen. I don't know what he does now. I do know there's a floaty sword.

dimb

nu-shen is kinda boring tbh
???
Much better than old Shen for me. Couldn't feel any nuance to how Shen used to work really. You throw Q everywhere. Shield on demand. Just keep autoing and passive does what it needs to. Now there's something to lining up passive shield with cooldowns and bigger on demand power with openings off block shield.

Blizzard

Banned
I like how dynamic ranked queue still suggests diamond player(s) occasionally as duo partners. And I'm allowed to send invites to them, at which point it lets them in and instakicks them.

Ferga

Deaths Dance and Lord Dom are pretty much always key on him right?

You only go last whisper as a 5th or 6th item. Games usually don't last that long.

Death dance is core, yeah.

You can go Phantom Dancer after warrior and deaths dance if you're snowballing and farming well.

Calvero

Banned
why would someone troll and throw a whole game just because I pinged them back once when they overextended and died b/c they didn't listen to the ping.

drawkcaB

First two matches in nearly two weeks, both Kindred jungle, both 20 minute stompy losses. I don't think I had one competent teammate between the two matches. Good news is that I was able to do well early on in both matches, but I could see the disaster of each match coming a mile away during champ select. Leaves me sour to lose two in a row so badly, but their comps were much, much stronger than ours so I'll try not to dwell on it.

On a side note, Mecha Zero Sion is fucking awesome.

bot

Deathsdance, CDR boots, PD, Maw or Steracks, ER or IE, Duskblade or BT or Dominiks

warlords for shitty matchups, thunderlords for good matchups

You only go last whisper as a 5th or 6th item. Games usually don't last that long.

Death dance is core, yeah.

You can go Phantom Dancer after warrior and deaths dance if you're snowballing and farming well.

Alright so unless I'm jungling, Deaths Dance first.

Rune set up? AS important for his passive or can is ArPen better? Or AD?

fuck solo queue
wb

I have to get better at knowing when to let a teammate die. Last game, our Azir completely stopped moving in enemy mid-lane after we took a tower. Two melee champs hopped on him, and instead of hauling ass I used Leona ult on them, then E->Q into them to try and hold off. It was, of course, pointless and they slaughtered him. Then I died. A moment later it become obvious he was typing like a moron.

Other cases are less obvious....but in general I suck at it. I feel like I'm way too willing to throw myself into the enemy to save a teammate, and we both die in the process.

Calvero

Banned
I have to get better at knowing when to let a teammate die. Last game, our Azir completely stopped moving in enemy mid-lane after we took a tower. Two melee champs hopped on him, and instead of hauling ass I used Leona ult on them, then E->Q into them to try and hold off. It was, of course, pointless and they slaughtered him. Then I died. A moment later it become obvious he was typing like a moron.

Other cases are less obvious....but in general I suck at it. I feel like I'm way too willing to throw myself into the enemy to save a teammate, and we both die in the process.

It's ok :^)
do what I did. I let you die unless I could get a kill :b

oh yeah dynamic queue has lowered the individual skill of everyone in plat to the point where i cant tell if i didnt accidentally log onto my smurf

bakeray

why would someone troll and throw a whole game just because I pinged them back once when they overextended and died b/c they didn't listen to the ping.
These type of people are legit cancer. It's like they just can't ever admit that they made a mistake one time. They are also generally the type of people to micromanage every single action of every other player on the rift but can't take one ping/criticism themselves.

Yesterday I found out that Jhin gets absolutely shit on by Vayne if she ever gets close to him. Chalk that up to things that makes sense when I think about it, but had never occurred to me. Incidentally I've been enjoying Jhin so much he'll probably be the first champ I get to rank 5 mastery.

Also reworked shen is awesome. His new trading pattern in lane is really fun if you can pull it off and I feel like he's generally just a bit more interesting to play than he used to be.

Top Bottom