• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

bakeray

AP Yasuo... the dream. also loved calling bot feeding pigs, lol.

RznsHu0.jpg

Newt

AP Yasuo... the dream. also loved calling bot feeding pigs, lol.
That moment when AP yasuo does as well as Cait.
After watching NA LCS spring split, goal for the next 3 months is relearn how to CS. I wanna know how to reach 500+ cs too.
Macro wave management isn't a thing in solo q. You're never gonna reach those numbers. If you ask your toplane to freeze top so you can can come up and farm as ADC while they get your semi-pushed bot you're just gonna get a "fuck off" lmao.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
After watching NA LCS spring split, goal for the next 3 months is relearn how to CS. I wanna know how to reach 500+ cs too.
Yeah you aren't gonna hit lcs numbers but practicing freezing, trading without losing cs, and farming under tower should help boost those numbers

Bacon

All the top streamers are bitching about the game tonight. Meteos saying that he wouldn't have gone pro if he had to deal with the state of the game as it is now with dynamic q and all that. Dyrus saying it feels like he's playing in normal games at low master but he doesn't want to climb and deal with the high q times. Feels good

jerd

It sucks all around because I'm pretty sure those streamers are what's driving the general hatred for ranked right now. I'm fairly certain the game hasn't changed at all for 99% of the community but all you ever hear is how dynamic queue ruins the game or whatever. The system honestly probably does suck for the top 1% or so of players and that needs to be addressed but I feel like most of the time low elo players just echo the popular streamers, especially the epic m3mers, so it's hard to get a good read on how people actually feel about it

It sucks all around because I'm pretty sure those streamers are what's driving the general hatred for ranked right now. I'm fairly certain the game hasn't changed at all for 99% of the community but all you ever hear is how dynamic queue ruins the game or whatever. The system honestly probably does suck for the top 1% or so of players and that needs to be addressed but I feel like most of the time low elo players just echo the popular streamers, especially the epic m3mers, so it's hard to get a good read on how people actually feel about it

I have no opinions over ranked queuing since I haven't done ranked yet..but from the outside looking in, I can see how a dynamic queue could give the perception of a broken system. Nobody wants to be the 5th wheel or feel like they're going up against a whole squad..

jerd

I have never felt that way and unless we believe that riot is outright lying to us (which tbf I'm pretty sure most of reddit does) we aren't.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
the best part about the whining streamers is that they're always running 3-4 man groups while complaining about dynamic queue

jerd

The streamers probably have it the best too since they just select fill and people give them their role since they know who they are/like them/whatever. It's actually probably way worse for just some random masters player

I have never felt that way and unless we believe that riot is outright lying to us (which tbf I'm pretty sure most of reddit does) we aren't.

Oh I'm not saying Riot is lying to people. I'm just saying that what pros are saying and what reddit is peddling is simply a perception -however incorrect it may be- which in turn can determine how an audience feel. Since streamers are at the forefront, people will give them a credence moreso than even Riot.

Newt

I'm only Diamond 4 and I hate dynamic queue with a passion. So many games I've had to play against 3 mans in solo q, with a full solo team. Search times can get so long.

I've also have to play so many games as mid as my secondary role. I got ADC more often back in the old queue.

I'm legit scared to play solo q because I know there's a chance I'll just get destroyed by some random 3 man or 4 man.

jerd

I'm only Diamond 4 and I hate dynamic queue with a passion. So many games I've had to play against 3 mans in solo q. Search times can get so long.

I've also have to play so many games as mid as my secondary role. I got ADC more often back in the old queue.

Yeah i don't really doubt that like I said the top 1% probably have a completely different experience and the system will probably need to be changed significantly for diamond+

Type2

I'm only Diamond 4 and I hate dynamic queue with a passion. So many games I've had to play against 3 mans in solo q, with a full solo team. Search times can get so long.

I'm legit scared to play solo q because I know there's a chance I'll just get destroyed by some random 3 man or 4 man.

Amen, its what ive been saying since the system launched but now people are coming around (lower elos too). Everyone might as well be forced to voice chat because having 3-4 people on their main role when youre not on a chat service is a huge disadvantage.
The last two games I lost were nothing but map rotations and my team unable to communicate quickly and efficiently enough to counter them. The players on the other teams were outright bad laners/ teamfighters.

jerd

Idk maybe I'm wrong I just know that every time I set up a tower dive or call for my mid to roam top with me to shut down the top laner or my top laner happens to open his eyes during a gank and tp bot for a 4 man or any other thing that any halfway competent player should be able to do and get a "dynamic q op" in all chat or similar stuff in post game it just irks me. People are so convinced that they're elo oppressed rather than just bad. The system does set up bad situations and that sucks and hopefully someone smarter than me can come up with a fix but blaming the system for losses has become my biggest pet peeve in this game.

To offer a counterpoint, before dynamic queue the only main thing the system had to take into consideration(Among other things ofc) was if there was a duo queue, in which case it's easier to match another duo queue against it.

Being in a game with or against a 3/4-man not only increases queue times, but also makes it anti-fun to play against(Sometimes with, too) whilst compromising the 'integrity' of ranked being there to test your own mettle against 5 other players who are also solo.

In short, we had team ranked for this issue before, don't fix what isn't broken..ya know? Yeah Riot wanted to try something new, and until I try it myself, the perception and my preemptive thoughts on it are negative simply put because I'm one of those old dogs that likes solo ranked for being solo.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't often post to complain about champions, but after playing a rare game where Ekko was unbanned on the other team, I can't think of a more unpleasant champion to play against right now. I hope he gets lowered a LOT in a future patch.

If his ult had some ridiculous cooldown like 4 minutes it might be more reasonable.

On another note, I do wish there was a pure solo mode. The game is hard and frustrating enough solo, might as well try forcing people into it so if there are problems they will become very apparent.

Leezard

Just wait until you get matched against a 5-man that laneswaps.

That was the game that made me dislike dynamic queue. Most of the time it's fine, but those edge cases sour the experience.

jerd

I don't often post to complain about champions, but after playing a rare game where Ekko was unbanned on the other team, I can't think of a more unpleasant champion to play against right now. I hope he gets lowered a LOT in a future patch.

If his ult had some ridiculous cooldown like 4 minutes it might be more reasonable.

A rioter said something like it's ridiculous the spot he's in right now and people don't understand how broken he really is so yeah expect him to get toned down

Calvero

Banned
So last weekend BoxBox was playing league with a PS4 controller. He says he wants to get it to Lvl 30 and at least Gold. Man, if he does. I'll hate myself.

Just wait until you get matched against a 5-man that laneswaps.

That was the game that made me dislike dynamic queue. Most of the time it's fine, but those edge cases sour the experience.

This happened to my team once. Our top laner just destroyed the 2v1. It was hilarious.

Leezard

So last weekend BoxBox was playing league with a PS4 controller. He says he wants to get it to Lvl 30 and at least Gold. Man, if he does. I'll hate myself.

This happened to my team once. Our top laner just destroyed the 2v1. It was hilarious.

If they're doing it badly I'm sure it was.

These guys I was facing did the whole double jungling top/jungle into 4 man fast push towers, also they put down a ward behind our second bot turret to scout whether we laneswapped.

I want standard lanes and solo queue strategy in my ranked games, not this.

Calvero

Banned
If they're doing it badly I'm sure it was.

These guys I was facing did the whole double jungling top/jungle into 4 man fast push towers, also they put down a ward behind our second bot turret to scout whether we laneswapped.

I want standard lanes and solo queue strategy in my ranked games, not this.

Yeah, I think it's really unfair to have any solo players have to face 3+ parties. The way I think of it, that's an advantage given to the team, no matter how you look at it.

jerd

I'm sure the problems of dynamic queue are almost non-existent <Plat.

Obviously I can only speak from personal experience but anecdotally I can almost guarantee they don't. It's easy to see how they could pop up as the player base shrinks though so climbing can probably actually feel bad at a certain point

Type2

Obviously I can only speak from personal experience but anecdotally I can almost guarantee they don't. It's easy to see how they could pop up as the player base shrinks though so climbing can probably actually feel bad at a certain point
I'm not blaming the system for losses exactly it's more so it's not as fun to play without a premade now. For me I can't seem to line up hours with friends and most of the time solo que is a who has a better premade=win.

I'm not saying you can't organize a dive or ask for a tp without voice chat I just think with the direction of the system it should be an option.
I'm strictly speaking from a psychological standpoint there is something inherantly "unfun" with queuing solo now. Either I need more friends for all hours of the day to squeeze in games when I can or I bow out.
League isn't great for my productivity anyway haha!

Edit: idk if this discussion is even worth having but I will make it clear that losing can still be an enjoyable experience and blaming teammates will happen no matter what the system for Que is. I only started this conversation to figure out why I am having less fun with this new system and the answer is probably in that it feels like I need to que with friends in order to enjoy it.

My only beef with Dynamic Queue is that it took away Team Builder.

Dynamic Queue should have been for ranked only, and Team Builder should have replaced both Normal Draft and Blind Pick.

killatopak

Gold Member
10-20 mins queue times in dyna queue

Vs

1-5 min queue times in solo queue.

I want solo queue back.

This is d5 elo btw. I'm pretty sure plat above people are also experiencing the same.

Sure I can get top lane much easier but I get top most of the time anyway back in solo q. In other cases, I just revert to supp which I can't even pick as my role nowadays due to me being support 95% of the time if I do.

Leezard

10-20 mins queue times in dyna queue

Vs

1-5 min queue times in solo queue.

I want solo queue back.

This is d5 elo btw. I'm pretty sure plat above people are also experiencing the same.

Sure I can get top lane much easier but I get top most of the time anyway back in solo q. In other cases, I just revert to supp which I can't even pick as my role nowadays due to me being support 95% of the time if I do.

If you want shorter queue times just pick fill. That way you'll get short queues. Sure you'll get support most of the time but you'll get quick games. My queues are very short in d3. The reason is that the number of support players is a bottleneck to the queue times.
So this week we get the new AP changes on PBE right?

We should, yeah.

jerd

so... my ranked 5s toplaner and adc started dating and now everything's ruined lol

i need a good plan to break them up

That would make for some awkward team dynamic

Think I'd rather have two teammates who are dating than two who just broke up lol

That would make for some awkward team dynamic

Think I'd rather have two teammates who are dating that two who just broke up lol

depends on the relationship. I used to play with a couple and some other friends, but the guy was a dick and every game he'd put her down. Made it worse that they laned together. He'd give her shit for every missed cs etc.

Turns out it was pretty abusive outside of the game too and it ended, but it was not a very pleasant experience to play with them.

Ferga

Don't ask. Just embrace.

AJ697sc.jpg

Got yasuo and teemo so fed off the point and click stun. It was disgusting.

Blitz just started afking in team fights for some reason

The 500stack nasus could never get to teemo because my stun virtually has no cooldown.

Ferga

Man I hate it when my team is god damn useless when I'm playing Udyr.

I'm forced to play like trick until my team gets a clue.

People were spamming surrender votes for no reason.

Had to dive a full life, fed draven, solo drag and then mass ping to duo baron 22minutes in before they started playing again.

My 0/2 Talon afked for 5 minutes before he realised, "Oh shit. Udyrs carrying".

He ended the game going 14/3.

bakeray

had a kindred jungler flame our bot lane until they tilted then spammed chat asking everyone what their ranks were, saying 'these silvers always tilt'

next game had a top yasuo lock in champ select so now i'm waiting out the queue timer.

another week in LoL boys!

Top Bottom