• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Newt

Anivia is getting reworked? Lots of Anivia mains are gonna drop like crazy lol. They're gonna remove the bullshit from her kit.

LNBL

Hi all, so I've been playing with Ashe for a while and its going pretty ok. I'm not sure which champion i should try next for this role, any advice for a beginner? Got like 1900 ip

Newt

Hi all, so I've been playing with Ashe for a while and its going pretty ok. I'm not sure which champion i should try next for this role, any advice for a beginner? Got like 1900 ip
Depends on what role you want to play. I you want to keep playing ADC get Trist or save up for Lucian. Both are significantly better for a beginner than Ashe I think.

LNBL

Depends on what role you want to play. I you want to keep playing ADC get Trist or save up for Lucian. Both are significantly better for a beginner than Ashe I think.

I think I understand what each role is supposed to do, but i wouldnt feel able to play as a different one than ADC at the moment. So I'll probably stick to that for now.

Awesome ill check out some videos etc for these 2, thanks

6nRMTtK.jpg

It's been a while since I've seen an ADC put the team on his/her back like this Vayne did.

drawkcaB

I have an all day meeting tomorrow for work and I just know I'm going to be completely used starting around ~2:00 as I keep refreshing my phone every few mins for the mage reworks.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope riot makes syndra even cooler than she currenetly is

also i'm pretty excited for the xerath changes as he's a champion i would love if his basic abilities were less boring

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hope the Swain changes are cool

Wonder if they'll keep him as a damage dealer or turn him into even more of an ap bruiser

jerd

Idk rakas is kinda a skill cap champ I think only experienced players can really play her to full potential so that win rate is probably skewed I don't ban raka bc it's so rare to see a good one

I wanna take Raka mid lane someday.

I faced one mid before with Diana ... that game/ lane didn't go well for me at all. She can spam the hell outta Q when you're CSing cause you're melee so now I gotta farm with skills. She can silence you when you're trying to go aggro or farm with skills. Her Q allows her to run away from you faster if she hits it (which isn't too hard when you're melee cause you're running low on mana from farming with skills). And when I finally get on top of her she Ults+Qs her way to safety.

The moment she got a solo kill on me I was floored. Hell, I think she got me 2 times and without help. I was speechless but realized how strange of a match up it is. Could work great against some champs and be a all-you-can-eat feed party for others. Feel like I could do better if I faced one again.

I just don't know wtf to build on her.

drawkcaB

How is Soraka's ban rate not higher

only 18% according to champion.gg, plat+ only tho..

almost 50% on op.gg, aight then thats fair

Champion.gg has always been total shit for ban rates. Their system weighs the data from the first three days after a patch way more than subsequent data. I never understood why. It's really dumb. End result is that if it takes more than three days for the community to determine something is must pick/ban champion.gg won't reflect that in their data.

I've moved away from chsmpion.gg in the past two months and almost exclusively use leagueofgraphs.com. It takes more time to parse the data to gleam something useful from it but I'd rather have that than champion.gg's cryptic and frankly baseless methodology.

23qwerty

I wanna take Raka mid lane someday.

I faced one mid before with Diana ... that game/ lane didn't go well for me at all. She can spam the hell outta Q when you're CSing cause you're melee so now I gotta farm with skills. She can silence you when you're trying to go aggro or farm with skills. Her Q allows her to run away from you faster if she hits it (which isn't too hard when you're melee cause you're running low on mana from farming with skills). And when I finally get on top of her she Ults+Qs her way to safety.

The moment she got a solo kill on me I was floored. Hell, I think she got me 2 times and without help. I was speechless but realized how strange of a match up it is. Could work great against some champs and be a all-you-can-eat feed party for others. Feel like I could do better if I faced one again.

I just don't know wtf to build on her.

Were you around for solo lane raka before the rework?

killatopak

Gold Member
goddamit man. I try full tank top lane for the first time and my team sucks ass. I can't even carry them cause I'm a tank. I dive and everything but there's just no damage coming out of my team.

oh and that blitz. At least hook somebody anybody. He got 0% hook accuracy.

goddamit man. I try full tank top lane for the first time and my team sucks ass. I can't even carry them cause I'm a tank. I dive and everything but there's just no damage coming out of my team.

thats why you play nasus top

nasus is life
nasus takes life
full tank, deal maximum damage anyways

Were you around for solo lane raka before the rework?

There was a Rework? Only started playing around the last Snowdown.

oh and that blitz. At least hook somebody anybody. He got 0% hook accuracy.

The whole reason I gave up on rushing IP for that champ is because people say that though he's top tier / really great as a top tank he is really team reliant. He needs team work and Solo doesn't do that all too well.

That's why Tank Tops with dmg behind them are hype right now. I have been having my best luck with Trundle and Poppy ... before they nerfed her. You're a tank AND you gimp their tank. That being said, me doing well with Trundle or the Bear doesn't amount to shit if the rest of me team is feeding and too far behind :/.

Hear good things about Sion. But with him you need a team that can deal the dmg to from what I hear.

jerd

The whole reason I gave up on rushing IP for that champ is because people say that though he's top tier / really great as a top tank he is really team reliant. He needs team work and Solo doesn't do that all too well.

That's why Tank Tops with dmg behind them are hype right now. I have been having my best luck with Trundle and Poppy ... before they nerfed her. You're a tank AND you gimp their tank. That being said, me doing well with Trundle or the Bear doesn't amount to shit if the rest of me team is feeding and too far behind :/.

Hear good things about Sion. But with him you need a team that can deal the dmg to from what I hear.

That's ultimately gonna be the case with every tank so I'm not sure what you mean. Thats just part of putting together a halfway decent comp. Maokai can burst down squishies and sion puts out boatloads of aoe damage, both have good to great utility. Don't think you can't carry a game if you're not putting out fat dps bc that's a lame mindset and gives you a pretty poor perspective on the game

Leezard

That's ultimately gonna be the case with every tank so I'm not sure what you mean. Thats just part of putting together a halfway decent comp. Maokai can burst down squishies and sion puts out boatloads of aoe damage, both have good to great utility. Don't think you can't carry a game if you're not putting out fat dps bc that's a lame mindset and gives you a pretty poor perspective on the game

In the current meta of Iceborn + Sunfire, I don't think that's really true. Ideally it would be true though.

Newt

Tank Fizz is the most bullshit thing ever lol. He gets ruined by grouping, but still his ability to solo mages and ADCs is just dumb.

jerd

In the current meta of Iceborn + Sunfire, I don't think that's really true. Ideally it would be true though.

Ha true but I think maokai uses that build more or less as well as anybody (ekko being the obvious exception since he does everything better than everyone)

I wonder how much the ibg nerf is gonna do to its effectiveness

killatopak

Gold Member
What? Low base damage compared to who lol it's one of the highest in the game

you're goddamn right.

I wonder why I felt it was pretty low.

Edit: I see. I used to build it after RoA and sunfire so the damage was pretty low at that point in the game.

I had forgotten Syndra was getting new stuff, I'm so excited
So that big Mage rework people have been talking about is today?
No, it's on the next patch after this week's which should be a month from now, but today we'll get specifics on the reworks and maybe they'll hit the PBE.

LNBL

Don't forget that you can get Alistar and Garen (with skins) through youtube and twitter, respectively.

Yea i actually tried getting Alistar, but there seems to be trouble with that page. Think the way to get him now is through technical support ticket and then they just add him for me.

Top Bottom