• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

clemenx

Banned
So Velkoz ult won't give stacks? You have to hit your spells before the laser beam so it does true damage? Not sure if I'm getting it lol. His others abilities will probably get damage gutted for this :c Now it will be absolutely mandatory to hit everything probably.

Velkoz passive finally scales with AP, now THAT's scary.
Well Zyra looks to be even shittier now.
What? She gets free seeds as opposed to a garbage skillshot passive, her plants have more HP as she levels W instead of a measly amount of CDR and her ult turns her plants into machineguns. That's fucking awesome.

jerd

Cass's passive is actually called Snakes Don't Need Boots.

And her W looks pretty insane, now.

Holy shit I didn't notice that lol

Malz's new splash is so good it's stupid

Malzahar_Splash_0.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i really like the idea of the dragons

very creative solution to make early dragons count to make them a "limited resource"

Quonny

What? She gets free seeds as opposed to a garbage skillshot passive, her plants have more HP as she levels W instead of a measly amount of CDR and her ult turns her plants into machineguns. That's fucking awesome.

I completely glossed over her W. I thought that the ONLY way to plant seeds was random. That would've been shit.

jerd

"Gothic horror inspired skins"

These are Souls skins arent they

But yeah I'm pretty sure just about any change to Zyra's passive woulda been a buff lol

Also Vel's passive scales off ap now so that's gonna be cool

After 35 minutes into the game, all future dragon spawns become Elder Dragon spawns. The Elder Dragon far more difficult to kill than his elemental counterparts, but taking him out grants a powerful burn-over-time on spells and attacks and a buff that is stronger for each elemental stack you have
So every late game Dragon is 5 stack Dragon now. Whoa

Sammyroc

Neo Member
Scroll over their portraits

Swains Q is now an AoE

Slows and lasers for everyone

Well, that's what I meant with show more. The text box is good for telling what's changed, but a little gameplay video was more of what I was hoping for.

The PBE should get that covered though, as mentioned.

Quonny

<20 : Dragon
20-35 : Baron
35+ : Elder Dragon and Baron

fuck rift herald

Gonna be interesting seeing when teams go for ED vs Baron. I can see some teams that want to stall focusing a lot on Dragon then stalling for Elder Dragon so they can wreck some people.

All depends on the numbers.

jerd

Meddler said:
Hi all,

Most of the mid-season stuff should be on the PBE within the next day or two. As usual it should be pretty easy to identify most of the changes, there are a few things I wanted to call out though since they may not be as easy to spot as the more standard stuff like champion adjustments. Some of this stuff will also be discussed in more detail over the next few days by the developers working specifically on it too.

Jungling XP's getting adjusted. In particular Machete now gives more XP, including the catch up XP if you're lower level than the monsters themselves. That's a change targeted primarily at how safe and effective buddy jungling is in organized play.

Tower damage will now ramp up quicker against champions and will maintain it's ramped state when swapping between multiple champions. Agro juggling during a dive should still be a good play some of the time, but riskier at low levels in particular.

Death timers will be getting reduced somewhat, probably between the 20-30 minute marks primarily. This is a follow up to the 6.7 changes that targeted 30 minute+ death timers, similarly aimed at reducing how punishing one fight can be and keeping a bit less gray screen time.

Boot enchants are getting removed. After making Homeguard a universal effect post 20 minutes we wanted to see how the boot enchant system played out. One of the main consequences has been Alacrity on a lot of champions, which as lead to noticeably higher average movement speeds. That throws off balance on a number of things, skillshots and ground targeted AOEs in particular, so we'd like to get average speeds back to a more appropriate spot. Removing boot enchants, now that the most impactful and significant is always provided, was one of the best ways we identified to do that.

Baron buff duration's going up a bit, in part to draw clear distinctions between it and the Elder Dragon buff (Elder dragon's around half the length, and on a longer respawn timer than normal dragons, so there shouldn't be too many cases of each team taking one of the two and then the game stalling until both are gone).

Some bonus changes

I'm gonna die to towers so often for a while

Sammyroc

Neo Member
Vel'koz will probably be a problem case after the reworks launch, depending on his numbers and scalings. Scaling true damage and a potentially huge base-damage ability that can change to dealing true damage from magic, along with the removal of his Q indicator for enemies, could really end up putting him over the edge.

Top Bottom