• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

played my first game in about 2 weeks realize we have a kennen top. so I say "kennen top? gg" Team of course goes on and on about how good kennen top is que eye roll.

didn't say anything after that but the kennen went 1/7 and got his shit rekted. kennen top just does not work in this meta.

reported him for unskilled player. fool had the nerve to say I play to get better. lol not in ranked you don't. play to win. save that for normals an custom.

I dodge when I see Kennen top and I'm top lane. I play melee ranged tanky tops, i don't have time for this no-mana ranged spell spamming PoS with his BS stuns. I have learned to deal wit Teemo by accepting that shit's not gonna go my way for a good bit and that I should just stay chill and wait it out as I farm what I can. Group fights will come and they will see the huge mistake it was to have Teemo take up such an important spot in the team. But Kennen I just don't get where his DMG comes from or how his CC works.

I'm thinking of crossing to the dark side and picking up Vayne top just to counter pick annoying ranged match up. I mean, I fucking HATE ADC tops and I think people who play them are just bitches who want to safely AA the melee wall of meat when they're at their weakest (to either keep them weak and feed off of them in hopes that it will work in their favor when group fights break out). But I'm tired of these damn ranged top laners annoying me for half the game. Like, how the hell is Kayle even a thing? Her whole kit seems to revolve around annoying melee champs ... a heal/ speed up/ slow/ range extender/ Splash AA dmg/ Mixed Dmg/ Don't-kill-me-yet ult when you finally sit on top of her, wtf is this shit Riot? CAN'T EVEN COUNTER PICK INTO HER CAUSE SHE CAN BE IN ANY LANE!

Calvero

Banned
when your team doesn't take towers for whatever reason

PXCvHg8.png

lol I had third highest dmg out of both teams

jerd

I dodge when I see Kennen top and I'm top lane. I play melee ranged tanky tops, i don't have time for this no-mana ranged spell spamming PoS with his BS stuns. I have learned to deal wit Teemo by accepting that shit's not gonna go my way for a good bit and that I should just stay chill and wait it out as I farm what I can. Group fights will come and they will see the huge mistake it was to have Teemo take up such an important spot in the team. But Kennen I just don't get where his DMG comes from or how his CC works.

I'm thinking of crossing to the dark side and picking up Vayne top just to counter pick annoying ranged match up. I mean, I fucking HATE ADC tops and I think people who play them are just bitches who want to safely AA the melee wall of meat when they're at their weakest (to either keep them weak and feed off of them in hopes that it will work in their favor when group fights break out). But I'm tired of these damn ranged top laners annoying me for half the game. Like, how the hell is Kayle even a thing? Her whole kit seems to revolve around annoying melee champs ... a heal/ speed up/ slow/ range extender/ Splash AA dmg/ Mixed Dmg/ Don't-kill-me-yet ult when you finally sit on top of her, wtf is this shit Riot? CAN'T EVEN COUNTER PICK INTO HER CAUSE SHE CAN BE IN ANY LANE!

You should probably learn to deal with them because ranged vs melee is far from a death sentence and in fact sometimes favors the melee champ

Leezard

Taric's stun is so good. His heal and W shield seem kinda underwhelming but still useful enough. The stun is amazing though. Decent range and the delay is quite short.

It's interesting that cdr is not a huge deal on Taric as well. It's still good as you can't proc your passive all the time, but your Q is probably gonna have the same uptime whether you have cdr or not.

I just wish I had pink Taric instead of Bloodstone Taric.

You should probably learn to deal with them because ranged vs melee is far from a death sentence and in fact sometimes favors the melee champ

I know, I have figured out how to deal with some common ones. Like Vayne/ Teemo/ Mid lane mages who people randomly decide to take top (TF/ Brand) and Vlad. But Graves? Nope. Quinn? Haven't faced one yet. Kennen and Kayle? Nope. Those are pretty much the ones I want a counter pick for in my pool. (Also confused on how the fuck Graves is allowed to be a thing in this game but w/e)

Only got better at dealing with Teemo and the mages cause people pick them so often and they don't seem to foresee it biting them in the ass later in the game. Kenen is a rare one and I have only faced 1 Graves top so far.

Sure more exp with em will net better skills.

jerd

Taric's stun is so good. His heal and W shield seem kinda underwhelming but still useful enough. The stun is amazing though. Decent range and the delay is quite short.

It's interesting that cdr is not a huge deal on Taric as well. It's still good as you can't proc your passive all the time, but your Q is probably gonna have the same uptime whether you have cdr or not.

I forgot that was out what's the verdict on his ult?

His kit seems really fun and unique and it seems like his stun can create some pretty funny situations

nbraun80

His kit seems really fun and unique and it seems like his stun can create some pretty funny situations

I think it's pretty good, I think it will be like kindred or bard ult for awhile where people take awhile to understand it, but when cast well it can be a 3-5 man kayle ult.

Leezard

I can only speak from the few game I've played, but his ult seems really powerful. It won't do a lot against bursty enemies, but against unstoppable slower dps stuff like Olaf it will absolutely destroy him. A lot of squishy damage dealers that kill their enemies in 2-3 seconds or a slightly longer time will have a hard time.

His ult has a huge cooldown though, to compensate for its power.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like his ult might be godly for dives or taking objectives if your team has another form of disengage

a lot less so for reactive stuff

sounds really cool to me

jerd

I can only speak from the few game I've played, but his ult seems really powerful. It won't do a lot against bursty enemies, but against unstoppable slower dps stuff like Olaf it will absolutely destroy him. A lot of squishy damage dealers that kill their enemies in 2-3 seconds or a slightly longer time will have a hard time.

His ult has a huge cooldown though, to compensate for its power.

Ah I was under the impression his passive still reduced his ult CD but it doesn't right? That seems reasonable then

Leezard

i feel like his ult might be godly for dives or taking objectives if your team has another form of disengage

a lot less so for reactive stuff

sounds really cool to me
If you can plan when you need it it's better, yeah. It's still ok for reactive stuff if your opponents are less bursty than something like Lissandra/Annie.
Ah I was under the impression his passive still reduced his ult CD but it doesn't right? That seems reasonable then

No, only base abilities. If you buy cdr it really helps for the ult. It's 160 seconds on rank 1.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah like it's not a "save someone" spell like lulu ult

if syndra ults ur adc taric won't be able to save him

but if used in teamfights it can potentially negate a ton of damage

Tizoc

Huehuehuehuehue

I also noticed that the higher taric's cooldown the less his passive cooldown is not a biggy if u end up stacking cdr by endgame
I find iceborn still good on him but he consumes mana like nobody's business @_@

Leezard

I'm not sure if I can otp a champ as simple as jarvan but by god it looks like I'm gonna try

There exist Annie, Teemo and Yorick otps, of course you can do it with Jarvan.

Jarvan top lane was what got me into Diamond in season 3. Good times.

garath

Tried evelynn last night again. She isn't in a great place :( still did well with her but it was a bit of a struggle. Didn't get to try the full AP bruiser build I was going for either. Game was over too quick.

And what did they do to dominatrix Eve splash? Ugh.

Talents

Banned
Finally in Gold V. Time to go for Plat now.

Grats dude. The first time I got to go gold I was fine until Gold 2. Then something happened and I failed 11 promo series to Gold 1 in 2 days. When I finally got to Gold 1, season 4 was over and I didn't get the border plat border. Felt bad man.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've had my share of failed games and carry games. I'd say overall I've improved.

The beginning of the season was super rough. For some reason I had a lot of feeders and quitters which just made it hard as fuck.

That feel when you ult as Taric and Velkoz starts his ult right as your 2.5 seconds of invulnerability happens. For the entire channel, as Velkoz was shooting that pink beam of death at me, I was like, "this is neat"

Tried evelynn last night again. She isn't in a great place :( still did well with her but it was a bit of a struggle. Didn't get to try the full AP bruiser build I was going for either. Game was over too quick.

And what did they do to dominatrix Eve splash? Ugh.
Eve is actually not bad at all. Just go metagolem with Runic into Sunfire/IBG/Visage and she's actually pretty damn decent.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Grats :)

Dunno when you play but breakfasts, fuzzery, type2 and I usually have some success playing in the gold elo together. Not always at once. Personally my time to play sucks.

I play during central time. I can play anytime between 8-12 at night. I'll try to just have my client up and running so feel free to invite me.

garath

Eve is actually not bad at all. Just go metagolem with Runic into Sunfire/IBG/Visage and she's actually pretty damn decent.

That's what I was aiming for with my build. I felt like the Q was off for some reason though. It has been a long time since I played her..probably slower missile speed than last time.

drawkcaB

My progress on Kindred feels back and forth all the time. I kept feeling like I was improving every game with Ekko during my 20 game run with him but the improvement game-to-game with Kindred feels much slower.

Having a hard time transitioning from her assassin style of play early on to a more ADC oriented style as the game progresses. Some really questionable positioning/use of Q in team fights. One really bad ultimate. I think I'll try hanging behind the line more.

I tried Warriors on her last night just to see how it would feel since Devourer is being removed and it was alright. Blood razor seems kinda weak to me. Between that and the changes to the Sterak/Maw combo I'm at a loss of how she'll be built.

Seems like blood razor will be the way to go with in the next patch. Felt like past mid-game my damage dropped off hard even though I was actually picking up most of my kills by that time.

Top Bottom