• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Urcno9Y.png

I think once I get an S I'll hop back into ranked(So never)

What's the Rune set up for Jhin look like anyways? Been using standard AD reds/quints, health yellows, cdr blues

pigeon

Banned
it's a little bit of both, rewarding gameplay for assassins should gravitate around getting/preventing the kill, that's what champions like zed or lebonk are gonna be about

that leads to the problem of those champions being very extreme, they usually are excessively good at murdering you or just completely oppressive in lane. and it also means that if they fall behind and can't be dumb at those two things then they're pretty damn useless

assassins as a class lack real fallback patterns to snowballing because the damage you deal in league is just an extension of how well you're doing. the strengths of assassins are damage, target selection, mobility and "deception". i think the last part is the one i want to be more emphasized with assassin reworks and assassin items, my favorite thing ever in league is mindfucking people with leblanc. it's hilarious to see them going like "wtf just happened" and you can make people lose so much time and cooldowns on you, but it's also something that's nowhere nearly as rewarded as plain murdering people, despite being the most compelling part of her kit cos honestly double q'ing people for the one shot is not exactly riveting lol

Yeah, I think this is insightful. "Assassins" would be a lot more fun to play with and against if they were more, like, "tricksters." Ekko was kind of supposed to be a big investigation into taking assassins in that direction. I am not really sure how they feel about the results -- on the one hand it's not like Ekko is worthless, but on the other hand it's kind of too good and he mostly builds in a way that other assassins don't. Also Fizz is already a super tricky, relatively low-burst assassin I thought.

This actually speaks to why Talon is such an unsatisfying assassin even when he's good -- suicide bomber is actually not what assassins generally do in League.

i think that's where the rest of their strength needs to be, maybe an ap item that gives short invisibility after using a dash ability (turns visible if taking damage), or a pbaoe smokebomb similar to graves w, an item that massively slows someone when you auto them but only from melee range and it recharges with movement similar to ludens echo, other kinds of utility than we're used to that play a lot to mobility and generally being a nuisance that would work as tools for assassins to contribute with stuff other than massive damage. maybe not items but kit changes, idk

Items seems right but it's tricky -- like, they already tried encouraging CC champs to itemize for better CC with AP ratio slows and such and they seem to have more or less given up on that. But yeah, if you want assassin trickiness to scale with feeding then they need tricky items to buy. Maybe the Hextech stuff can provide some of that? But I guess not for AD assassins.

i wish succinctness was a quality i had

lol, measure once, cut twice. It's a skill, not a talent! (Alternate metaphor, look in the mirror and take three things off.)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I thought the system was if someone on your team got the S then whatever champ you're playing gets tagged or whatever for the year for a chest? Or do you have to actually get the S on the champ?
You or someone in your premade, not just your team

I thought the system was if someone on your team got the S then whatever champ you're playing gets tagged or whatever for the year for a chest? Or do you have to actually get the S on the champ?

That'd be stupid if that's how it works

I haven't gotten an S yet(about 15 games played since I rejoined), so I wouldn't know. I'm using the 'rank' as a 'You're good enough to rank again' system anyways.

zkylon

zkylewd
CggoZ8uVIAEj877.jpg

you're welcome nat

What the hell are Riot thinking with that Viktor laser change? Look at how long it takes to detonate, even a bot can dodge it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al-NV58KHiY
might require some tuning, but they don't want viktor to be a burst mage the way he is now, which is instant aoe insanity.

the idea seems to be to combo it with stasis field or team setup if you want massive burst, while keeping the damage high allows you to have really strong waveclear. or yea, get rylais

it might be down to tuning, maybe it's not 1.25, but 1s, idk

i think the idea is solid, i love viktor, but he's dumb, this is a healthier direction for him as a more dps thing rather than burst. you deal a bunch more dmg than before so ppl need to gtfo your laser if they wanna live

Yeah, I think this is insightful. "Assassins" would be a lot more fun to play with and against if they were more, like, "tricksters." Ekko was kind of supposed to be a big investigation into taking assassins in that direction. I am not really sure how they feel about the results -- on the one hand it's not like Ekko is worthless, but on the other hand it's kind of too good and he mostly builds in a way that other assassins don't. Also Fizz is already a super tricky, relatively low-burst assassin I thought.

This actually speaks to why Talon is such an unsatisfying assassin even when he's good -- suicide bomber is actually not what assassins generally do in League.
yea trickster is a good word for that style of gameplay, the whole i'm shaco and i'm annoying as fuck is an aspect that i think could be made more relevant, although i bet it's pretty annoying

Items seems right but it's tricky -- like, they already tried encouraging CC champs to itemize for better CC with AP ratio slows and such and they seem to have more or less given up on that. But yeah, if you want assassin trickiness to scale with feeding then they need tricky items to buy. Maybe the Hextech stuff can provide some of that? But I guess not for AD assassins.
idk, it doesn't have to be items, it def could be inserted into reworks. take akali shroud, like, imagine if it was on an ammo system and she can have up to 3 at the same time but they don't last nearly as long as now and maybe you get ammo on kills

lol, measure once, cut twice. It's a skill, not a talent! (Alternate metaphor, look in the mirror and take three things off.)
is that like a tyra banks thing

How many balls for nuSyndra's ult?
the max remains at 7 but it's gonna be much easier to get there specially after lvl 13

i'm playing ahri, you're playing thresh. you get an s-, i get a d cos i suck and fed

this gives me a chest for ahri if:
- we're on a premade
- i own ahri (important, you can't earn chests for free week champions you don't own)
- i'm below my monthly chests limit
- i didn't already unlock my ahri chest for this season

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i like the idea behind the victor changes but with the caveat that riot was trying to make champions less clunky while victor now feels like the clunkiest champion in the game

zkylon

zkylewd
idk, the rework gave him his sweet new q that feels awesome and the big burst of dmg on his ult will probably feel really good too (i hope there's some vfx changes to go along with it)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
idk, the rework gave him his sweet new q that feels awesome and the big burst of dmg on his ult will probably feel really good too (i hope there's some vfx changes to go along with it)

yeah i think the changes are in the right direction, but still need some fine tuning, especially the laser which is pretty much his signature ability

Newt

I think you would do yourself and the strangers you play League with a great service if you practiced some restraint on your brutish toxicity.

I believe I've seen your posts here before constantly complaining about teammates and the general state of an individual match. This most likely stems from the fact that you are incredibly uneasy about playing the game and lose focus and perhaps even enjoyment of the game.

Seems like a stressful job. At the very least be creative with your toxicity.
You've seen my posts right? You don't have anything to say?

Of course I put a lot of effort into my toxicity. Good toxicity takes finesse.

Also congrats Kayos on making it back to gold.
played my first game in about 2 weeks realize we have a kennen top. so I say "kennen top? gg" Team of course goes on and on about how good kennen top is que eye roll.

didn't say anything after that but the kennen went 1/7 and got his shit rekted. kennen top just does not work in this meta.

reported him for unskilled player. fool had the nerve to say I play to get better. lol not in ranked you don't. play to win. save that for normals an custom.
You're doing it wrong. This is cringe worthy.

A trickster class

It could work

His ultimate would be where the ulted target only sees tricksters instead of his team/ enemy team, and he could attack his own teammates

Bacon

it's really silly to say ranked's not for learning

how are you gonna get better in normals

Yeah I played only norms last season and feel like I regressed. I've switched over to ranked exclusively this season and I've grown so much. The games are just so much more competitive and mistakes are punished so much harder.

Talents

Banned

I got better playing only normals. I played normals for like 6 months when I started playing just before half way through season 4 and got to Gold 2 without any problems. Played normals again for a couple of months and got to plat 2. Then stopped playing ranked again while only playing normals and got to Diamond 5 from plat 2 in 1 and a bit days at the very end of the last season. Now I'm D4 with no real problems yet. I haven't really felt like people are better than me at D4 yet.

garath

Ranked for sure is the much better environment to play in.

It is.

I should play ranked

You should. After so many seasons of just getting gold then going back to normals for whatever reason, I've been playing exclusively ranked unless I'm playing in houses or with Achtius.

The games are better. They're more closely matched, the stat tracking is better and people generally put a little more effort into it. The little number goes up and down but in general I've been climbing. It will be interesting to see where I end up eventually (at my pace of 3-4 games a week we're talking a long eventually.)

zkylon

zkylewd
I got better playing only normals. I played normals for like 6 months when I started playing just before half way through season 4 and got to Gold 2 without any problems. Played normals again for a couple of months and got to plat 2. Then stopped playing ranked again while only playing normals and got to Diamond 5 from plat 2 in 1 and a bit days at the very end of the last season. Now I'm D4 with no real problems yet. I haven't really felt like people are better than me at D4 yet.
i mean, yeah, let's back up a bit

the biggest part of getting better is mentality. if you're in a learning mentality you'll take a ton from each game, if you're in a "waa waaa my teammates" attitude you won't get far no matter if it's normals or ranked

that being said, i've found the quality of opponents i've faced in ranked to be much higher than in normals and i've personally seen myself get a lot better in mechanics specially back when i played ranked, and i've felt that i've lost a lot of that skill in these two years that i've been playing the game in a more laid back way mostly playing normals

so yea it's a mix of both, but i feel if you want to improve ranked is the place you should go to because the match quality is gonna be better (doesn't mean it'll be good)

zkylon

zkylewd
Syndra:
(Q) AP ratio increased to .75 from .7
this means you need 600 ap to deal the same dmg as before, to champions at least but idk

i think im gonna update my pbe and try her out against bots or something

Guardian Angel
MR reduced to 45 from 60
Cooldown reduced to 240 seconds from 300
interesting, 60 mr was actually a lot, that's kinda cray. i think it's a positive change overall

Umm it depends on the learning your talking about. Like learning a champ normals is the best place just to get a handle on the champ. Things like CS and trading are better to learn in ranked.

drawkcaB

That kindred nerf on W. Fucking Ouch. Should have waited until 6.10 since there's lots of other stuff in the 6.9 patch that will affect her.

zkylon

zkylewd
Umm it depends on the learning your talking about. Like learning a champ normals is the best place just to get a handle on the champ. Things like CS and trading are better to learn in ranked.
yea im talking about deeper learning of game strategy, general mechanics/champion mechanics, builds, objectives, playing from behind, etc. are better learned in ranked

more superficial stuff like learning the basics of a champion for sure you can get a very good idea over normals

Ranked is better for learning because matchmaking isn't lopsided as teams are for the most part on even playing fields until high elos.

Normals on the other hand have a different MMR value and generally people tend to stay in one queue or the other for the most part so this makes matches have stupid team compositions. The last match I played was like this

Silver 4
Gold 3
Gold 2
Unranked
Plat 4

Unranked
Silver 1
Masters
Silver 5
Silver 2

How do you expect someone in silver/gold to get better by getting their ass handed to them by a master player? Sure, we won because the master player was a support main in a solo lane but still, match quality in normals is just awful.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok so ga also got a price reduction to 2400g

sounds like a much better item now imo

That kindred nerf on W. Fucking Ouch. Should have waited until 6.10 since there's lots of other stuff in the 6.9 patch that will affect her.
normally i would say that but fuck kindred and her whole ok i walked into lane so now you have to flash

Nekofrog

Banned
I played normal for the first time in forever last night. It out me up against legit new level 30s. I was kayle to vs teemo top with tp and heal who rushed warmogs.

Normals are worthless

yea im talking about deeper learning of game strategy, general mechanics/champion mechanics, builds, objectives, playing from behind, etc. are better learned in ranked

more superficial stuff like learning the basics of a champion for sure you can get a very good idea over normals
Yeah i agree with that.

Yeah, that's a pretty big while. You'd think they were play testing it with users right now. :b
While I do think there should be a detonation delay, it should be maybe half a second or .25 shorter than that.
It was .6 before which made it pretty much undodgeable, this is double that amount.

Calvero

Banned
Has anyone fallen into spells where they don't want to play ranked? I've kind of hit that right now. Since I got to Silver I've been playing less ranked. And now that I've only been playing ARAM and the occasional Normal, I feel like I''ll do bad in a Ranked match. I still want to try climbing a lot more, but for some reason I don't get in the mood? I guess it's that.

It was .6 before which made it pretty much undodgeable, this is double that amount.

yeah, that's pretty long. Would a Rylai's work to help get the hit in?

edit: whoa I'm way behind. Next time I'll just read how the page unfolds. Everyone pretty much talked about it.

Leezard

Soraka
Starcall (Q):
Health per second restore lowered to 12/13/14/15/16 from 14/16/18/20/22
Rejuvenation movement speed lowered to 10% from 15%

Grievous Wounds
Now reduces healing by 40% instead of just self healing.
(Several champion tooltips updated)
(Ignite tooltip updated)

So Soraka nerfs + GW reverted. I'd rather they just gutted Soraka more and kept GW as-is. It's only intended as a nerf to Soraka anyway.

At least the existence of Executioner's calling and the current GW might keep Soraka out of the game.

Top Bottom