• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

pigeon

Banned
the thing about qss is that as it stands it's a bad defensive item because of how ubiquitous it is. the game's at a point where you buy the item regardless of the enemy team having cc, zed or fiora, adcs just buy it every game because cleanse and a bunch of ad and lifesteal why the hell not!

and that's not how defensive itemization works, defense items are meant to be reactive and very game dependant

if you don't, then basically the game's balanced around "well at the 25m mark every adc has cleanse" so balanced will start being balanced around that. that's always been the issue with aegis, when it was first buy support every game the reality of the game was that teams at the 20m mark or whatever just had 20 more mr

so now they're saying ok qss is the item you build when enemy team has ashe, malzahar, leona, whatever. it's an anti-cc defensive item, not an anti assassin item. and it's also important cos the champions that are countered by qss right now like fiora and zed have their special effects completely nullified by a single item, while cc is a thing that can usually be applied by multiple champions in the same team, often by multiple abilities on the same champion. as lizzy if you don't space out w and ult the enemy adc can just bluff and qss your second ability, but if you try and call the bluff they might just away. that creates gameplay vs the zed thing of ok he ulted you ok no he didn't

and zed and trundle (i don't say fiora cos she's been olafed afaik) will have to be balanced around this brave new qssless world, but that's a good thing because those champions' are kind of dumb. similarly maybe it's time to buff ga again, or whatever. i think countering assassins should be a more team thing than build thing anyways so i think this is a good direction for the balance of these classes

note: zhonyas is also at fault for making champs like zed useless but it's getting its cooldown heavily nerfed and even when it wasn't stupid expensive like it is right now it never was as popular as qss is right now with adcs. the stats are good but mages don't tend to want resistances too much as they don't have the healthpools to make good use of the armor and also the active has enough risks that it's acceptable

but zhonyas might have to be looked into too, specially since it now gives cdr which makes it a much better bundle of stats than before.

edit: someone pls read this post i spent all my commute to work thinking about it lol

I think this is all more or less correct. They want QSS to be situational, and this is necessary to make that happen. Then they need to go back and nerf Zed a bunch (more) to make the game actually fun, and then everything is fine.

Talents

Banned
sometimes i feel like you just wanna get mad at riot for everything

Nah, I'm only annoyed at Riot for 3 thing this season. The ranked changes were dumb as fuck. If people want to play with friends, let them play normals or ranked 5's, no need to change ranked for it. The Primary/Secondary roles where mid laners got shafted and now get Mid even less than before the change. And how they scrapped the lightning mid laner. All I wanted was a lightning mid laner and they ruined it and released a pretty garbo champ in comparison.

Newt

Nah, I'm only annoyed at Riot for 3 thing this season. The ranked changes were dumb as fuck. If people want to play with friends, let them play normals or ranked 5's, no need to change ranked for it. The Primary/Secondary roles where mid laners got shafted and now get Mid even less than before the change. And how they scrapped the lightning mid laner. All I wanted was a lightning mid laner and they ruined it and released a pretty garbo champ in comparison.
I don't even know what Riot could do about the midlane issue. Everyone knows you have the best chance at your role if you put mid secondary.

Nekofrog

Banned
If they didn't change anything about the actual item and just the build path, guinsoos would be SO sexy for irelia with that recurve bow

and also, i really miss ranked 5s. those kinds of games you simply do NOT get in dynamic q.

garath

My 4G was acting up this afternoon. Missed nightblue playing zyra jungle :(

I really hope this mage rework opens up a couple more mage junglers. I want more than just Elise and ekko (yes I know Diana too but she's a little rough).

Zyra, Malz, fiddle are all ones I'm going to try.

I need to buy a bunch of them before the rework. I want to get ziggs just for ranked so i can push the shit out of stuff. That my least favorite part of mages is the lack of tower taking power.

drawkcaB

My 4G was acting up this afternoon. Missed nightblue playing zyra jungle :(

I really hope this mage rework opens up a couple more mage junglers. I want more than just Elise and ekko (yes I know Diana too but she's a little rough).

Zyra, Malz, fiddle are all ones I'm going to try.

If they let jungle Zyra happen half my support pool can jungle. I'd be so fucking happy.

zkylon

zkylewd
CggfQmFUYAAbIbE.jpg

viktor changes

with these number changes he seems like a sustained dmg god now, but also really inconsistent. his waveclear is gonna be about as strong as it was before, tho a bit slower which is fair i think

i'm gonna miss instadeleting people but it's probably for the best

Wait can you now not stack maw and gage anymore? Thats what it looks like on the PBE patch notes.

yup

I think this is all more or less correct. They want QSS to be situational, and this is necessary to make that happen. Then they need to go back and nerf Zed a bunch (more) to make the game actually fun, and then everything is fine.
personally i think zed needs to be a lot weaker when his ult is down because i feel like assassins should have "impact spikes" that are very spikey vs mages thare are a lot more consistent utility/poke spammers

idk like every post you make lately is pretty negative and while i don't disagree with all you say and i know you're a good player (or at least much better than me) i feel like you're being really kneejerk over really random things like this zhonyas stuff

like i can't see any situation in which these zhonyas stat changes aren't a net buff, which is kind of balanced out by the cd nerf

I think they nerfed his w cd?

Edit: Nvm, idk what im talking about.
i think that was 6.7

rioter might've meant 6.7, idk

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
zhonya's is cheaper and has cd now, but loses ap and gets 33% longer cooldown on its active

at best it's a mixed tradeoff, not a net buff like you keep saying

it probably will be a better item overall, but it is losing a fair amount as well

zkylon

zkylewd
it's a buff to the intended use case

you buy zhonyas for defense, so it's now a better defense item because it's much cheaper, it's much easier to build and gives way better stats for a defensive item. say now against zed you can rush zhonyas and you get some cdr and coupled with blue buff you have a mini morellos and use the free 500g to buy an amp tome and a pot and you're only 10 ap down. say you're against zed and he's rekking your shit and you now don't have to save up 1250 gold for the nlr while you're building an item just to survive him, now you can get fiendish codex on your second back and it's ezpz

the active nerf is just a general game health thing which will hurt but it's all the other buffs will hopefully compensate for it

ok ready to learn Tahm kench

Please throw advice and tips towards me.

Tip 1#-Always play Kench with Newt
Tip the 2#-Always protect newt from Zed and run away with newt in belly
Tip:3#:Always have Newt in your belly no matter how much Newt will complain because Zed will kill him

And now you're a pro tahm kench.

Great, I'll just direct myself to nearest ADC counterpick to Zed...Urgot.

Your argument makes no sense.

Because you are a bot lane carry. It is your support's job to peel for you. It is your team's job to peel assassins off and you have items like Steraks or GA to protect yourself.

You are not there to counter assassins.

"But it's solo queue!" Then git gud, ban him, get friends or play a different role.

Nekofrog

Banned
Not digging the black cleaver buff by lowering the item price. Rage blade got nerfed, trinity force still absurdly expensive, irelia left behind :<

Newt

Because you are a bot lane carry. It is your support's job to peel for you. It is your team's job to peel assassins off and you have items like Steraks or GA to protect yourself.

You are not there to counter assassins.

"But it's solo queue!" Then git gud, ban him, get friends or play a different role.
The problem is Zed can't be "traditionally" peeled.

Also, I'm already the best ADC GAF how, "good" do I need to "git" :p?

pigeon

Banned
personally i think zed needs to be a lot weaker when his ult is down because i feel like assassins should have "impact spikes" that are very spikey vs mages thare are a lot more consistent utility/poke spammers

I'm actually surprised to see you post this because I remember you arguing a bunch that Zed was a bad champion specifically because he's useless when his ult is down. I thought we agreed that assassins would be better designed if they were less binary in terms of effectiveness!

I would rather lower Zed's explosive power a bunch and let him ult more often.

Top Bottom