• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

23qwerty

that just means I put in effort
A for effort

fuck new page hold on

lOR73kG.jpg

have a lux

Calvero

Banned
I'm actually surprised to see you post this because I remember you arguing a bunch that Zed was a bad champion specifically because he's useless when his ult is down. I thought we agreed that assassins would be better designed if they were less binary in terms of effectiveness!

I would rather lower Zed's explosive power a bunch and let him ult more often.

well there's a difference between being useless when your ult is down and being weaker when it's down.

Because you are a bot lane carry. It is your support's job to peel for you. It is your team's job to peel assassins off and you have items like Steraks or GA to protect yourself.

You are not there to counter assassins.

"But it's solo queue!" Then git gud, ban him, get friends or play a different role.

another casualty in the war of lolgaf

Why is Zed so frustrating to play against.

Thank god Zhonya's is getting cheaper, though.

...Even if I can only use it once for every two Zed ults...

I feel like 5 minutes is too long of a queue time for low gold, too... up to 10 if people don't accept...

Nekofrog

Banned
no he got banned because of hillary clinton lol

also if you're complaining about zed, play the assassin that practically counters him

irelia

if he ever Rs on you in lane he just gave you a free pass to stun him and 100-0 him in said stun.

Newt

Let's just say he got banned because of me.
no he got banned because of hillary clinton lol

also if you're complaining about zed, play the assassin that practically counters him

irelia

if he ever Rs on you in lane he just gave you a free pass to stun him and 100-0 him in said stun.
I'm complaining about Zed as an ADC lol. I could just play Kayle and win every game vs him if I wanted that.

Only harder counter is like Lulu.

Joco

Thoughts on the new dragon changes? I feel like it'll make things more interesting but a lot of the pros seem to hate the RNG aspect.

Thoughts on the new dragon changes? I feel like it'll make things more interesting but a lot of the pros seem to hate the RNG aspect.
The RNG is good because it makes rotations - and matches - less formulaic. No more "oh it's just Dragon 2 and 3, no need to contest", you need to be ready to contest every single dragon otherwise you risk giving the enemy team something like 3 Fires

Calvero

Banned
The four times I played on the PBE. The same kind of dragon got stacked three times, all four games. It was the Aqua dragon twice, the Fire Dragon once, and the Earth Dragon once.

The RNG is good because it makes rotations - and matches - less formulaic. No more "oh it's just Dragon 2 and 3, no need to contest", you need to be ready to contest every single dragon otherwise you risk giving the enemy team something like 3 Fires

Yup. Right now outside of the 1st dragon, 2nd and 3rd are meh.

Talents

Banned
Feels bad... Got into my D3 promos and the first game I go against a group of 4 premades when everyone on my team is solo. Such bs.

Nekofrog

Banned
i'll say, i don't like the idea of randomized dragons for playing the game, but for watching the pro scene i see it being nothing but good AS LONG AS each buff is meaningful. last thing you want is for a worthless dragon buff to spawn that nobody values, then nobody will try to make plays around it

i'm willing to bet the buffs will be nerfed considerably like they were when the new dragon system was put in, and people stopped valuing it in pro play beyond the 5 stack

Yeah, but it'd still be nice to have a video at least laying it all out and how it might affect gameplay with him. Strategy will certainly change. But oh well. Just seemed odd.
But his gameplay hasn't changed either lol

Your passive scales with AP and if you ult after getting a passive proc you deal absurd damage. That's basically all there is to his update. You'll still combo all your shit and then ult, same as before.

clemenx

Banned
I mean, if every buff is meaningful everytime it doesn't really matter which one spawns. At least on the surface it sounds like every buff are just stats that everyone wants and will be good for everyone, I don't think anyone's going to say "Oh it's just more HP and Mana regen coming up next, we don't care about this one lol"

I think the randomness is being hugely overstated, considering it tells right away which dragon comes next. I don't think we'll see comps based on praying that a particular dragon spawns first or several times. That would be really stupid.

jerd

Plus isn't the elder dragon buff stronger based on how many other dragons you've got?

All in all I think it's a uh... less than elegant solution but I guess if it achieves the desired effects of Dragon being meaningful then whatever

patchday

whoa, I have not really played in a month. Warmed up in a bot match and saw new taric refactor. He was in his full pink glory too. Those taunts and dances. oh my--- too funny

I managed to come back after fucking up at bottom and subsequently getting camped by Rammus

I deserved an S but only got an A

ah so that is what your ingame name is. lol you really do love Swain.

JulianImp

So I tried Taric out now that the patch hit (against bots, since I'm done with having people rage at me for trying a new champ on pvp modes), and he appears to be decent. Is there a consensus on which abilities one should max first when playing him, as well as which masteries to take? I'd be tempted to take windspeaker's for some added sustain and better trades with both Q and W, but I don't know if I should be doing that.

He's kind of mana-hungry with that Q of his, though. I felt like I should be building something that gives me more mana (and/or regen) to get more mileage out of his heals and Es, mostly.

Calvero

Banned
So I tried Taric out now that the patch hit (against bots, since I'm done with having people rage at me for trying a new champ on pvp modes), and he appears to be decent. Is there a consensus on which abilities one should max first when playing him, as well as which masteries to take? I'd be tempted to take windspeaker's for some added sustain and better trades with both Q and W, but I don't know if I should be doing that.

He's kind of mana-hungry with that Q of his, though. I felt like I should be building something that gives me more mana (and/or regen) to get more mileage out of his heals and Es, mostly.

Make sure you stack the Q heals before using it!

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm actually surprised to see you post this because I remember you arguing a bunch that Zed was a bad champion specifically because he's useless when his ult is down. I thought we agreed that assassins would be better designed if they were less binary in terms of effectiveness!

I would rather lower Zed's explosive power a bunch and let him ult more often.
it's a little bit of both, rewarding gameplay for assassins should gravitate around getting/preventing the kill, that's what champions like zed or lebonk are gonna be about

that leads to the problem of those champions being very extreme, they usually are excessively good at murdering you or just completely oppressive in lane. and it also means that if they fall behind and can't be dumb at those two things then they're pretty damn useless

assassins as a class lack real fallback patterns to snowballing because the damage you deal in league is just an extension of how well you're doing. the strengths of assassins are damage, target selection, mobility and "deception". i think the last part is the one i want to be more emphasized with assassin reworks and assassin items, my favorite thing ever in league is mindfucking people with leblanc. it's hilarious to see them going like "wtf just happened" and you can make people lose so much time and cooldowns on you, but it's also something that's nowhere nearly as rewarded as plain murdering people, despite being the most compelling part of her kit cos honestly double q'ing people for the one shot is not exactly riveting lol

i think that's where the rest of their strength needs to be, maybe an ap item that gives short invisibility after using a dash ability (turns visible if taking damage), or a pbaoe smokebomb similar to graves w, an item that massively slows someone when you auto them but only from melee range and it recharges with movement similar to ludens echo, other kinds of utility than we're used to that play a lot to mobility and generally being a nuisance that would work as tools for assassins to contribute with stuff other than massive damage. maybe not items but kit changes, idk

but assassins are always gonna be about that critical moment when they do kill the vips and they need to pay for it somewhere else, with lack of waveclear, tankiness, reliability, cc, whatever. right now tho, assassins are very one note with them being super overbearing in lane, and that's not super fun

it's complicated, league hasn't ever tried much with assassins and they totally need an adc-like class rework to be modernized and made healthier and also they need real items that give them interesting utility and whatnot

i wish succinctness was a quality i had

JulianImp

Make sure you stack the Q heals before using it!

Yeah, I kind of feel like starting with Q is desireable because you get enough time to get a full-power heal by the time you need it, but I also think level 2 W-E combos would also be pretty good for creating unfavorable trades if your ADC has good mobility or kiting potential.

Ferga

Have a 7k lead in gold 20minutes in. Team plays laning phase for the entire game and we eventually lose.

Lost to a 2/9 graves jungle because I cant hold turret against 5 people as nid.

Feels bad.

ah so that is what your ingame name is. lol you really do love Swain.

Swains the best. The only reason I have the phoenix theme from udyrs skin is because it's the closest thing to a raven.

~~~

Is there anyway to set the default roles so I don't have to click it every time I queue up?

TheFlow

Banned
played my first game in about 2 weeks realize we have a kennen top. so I say "kennen top? gg" Team of course goes on and on about how good kennen top is que eye roll.

didn't say anything after that but the kennen went 1/7 and got his shit rekted. kennen top just does not work in this meta.

reported him for unskilled player. fool had the nerve to say I play to get better. lol not in ranked you don't. play to win. save that for normals an custom.

Holy shit I just read that Torment amplifies damage 20% at all ranks, that's a huge buff, to make up for it's damage loss

~~~
If Swain was released today, do you think his Tyrant skin would be his default?

jerd

played my first game in about 2 weeks realize we have a kennen top. so I say "kennen top? gg" Team of course goes on and on about how good kennen top is que eye roll.

didn't say anything after that but the kennen went 1/7 and got his shit rekted. kennen top just does not work in this meta.

reported him for unskilled player. fool had the nerve to say I play to get better. lol not in ranked you don't. play to win. save that for normals an custom.

Congrats on tilting your teammates before the game even starts I guess?

23qwerty

is this for real? it's not that weird to play kennen in his main role, even if it's not quite in meta at the moment
good lord

zkylon

zkylewd
meddler: "We will be reverting Grievous Wounds so that it affects all healing again. That should be happening in 6.9, not sure exactly when it's due to hit PBE."

yea i guess no one likes soraka

TheFlow

Banned
Congrats on tilting your teammates before the game even starts I guess?

if saying gg kennen top is enough to tilt someone 2 mins in then they lack the mental nerve to handle this game.

is this for real? it's not that weird to play kennen in his main role, even if it's not quite in meta at the moment
good lord
haven't seen a good one yet. Silver 1 atm. maybe Gold will be better :p

I think you would do yourself and the strangers you play League with a great service if you practiced some restraint on your brutish toxicity.

I believe I've seen your posts here before constantly complaining about teammates and the general state of an individual match. This most likely stems from the fact that you are incredibly uneasy about playing the game and lose focus and perhaps even enjoyment of the game.

Seems like a stressful job. At the very least be creative with your toxicity.

TheFlow

Banned
If seeing somebody lock Kennen top is enough to tilt someone 2 minutes in then they lack the mental nerve to handle this game.
I didn't even know we had a kennen till the game started ;p
member.php

I think you would do yourself and the strangers you play League with a great service if you practiced some restraint on your brutish toxicity.

I believe I've seen your posts here before constantly complaining about teammates and the general state of an individual match. This most likely stems from the fact that you are incredibly uneasy about playing the game and lose focus and perhaps even enjoyment of the game.

Seems like a stressful job. At the very least be creative with your toxicity.
Brutish toxicity? is this a joke post

edit: my last match post here was how I had fun even though I lost. but ok :3

jerd

ughhhhhh fine I will play nice XD

You don't even have to do that. Before you type anything think "is this in any way imaginable going to be a constructive comment" and if the answer is no don't say it. People talking shit on you, teammates in particular, is distracting. Even if only slightly so your comment was at best detrimental to the team and the game

Save it for post game if you have something like that to say it'll do you a lot of good

Top Bottom