• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

TheFlow

Banned
I thought leagued put premades against other premades in ranked. I just played against a 3 man premade o_O while my team was randoms.

Talents

Banned
I thought leagued put premades against other premades in ranked. I just played against a 3 man premade o_O while my team was randoms.

I'm legit surprised that Riot still haven't added anything to help deal with trolls in champ select. It's so dumb that you can be cost a game in your series just because someone decides to state that they're gonna troll and boom, they're able to hold the whole champ select hostage.

Newt

I'm legit surprised that Riot still haven't added anything to help deal with trolls in champ select. It's so dumb that you can be cost a game in your series just because someone decides to state that they're gonna troll and boom, they're able to hold the whole champ select hostage.
Maybe if people didn't pick stupid shit there would be less reason to troll.

There should be a kick option.

Talents

Banned
Maybe if people didn't pick stupid shit there would be less reason to troll.

There should be a kick option.

I get why you do it. But when people do it for no reason other than "fuck it I didn't get my role/champ I'm just gonna troll." there should be a way to deal with that. I understand doing it when someone locks in Yasuo and they have a 25% win ratio with 1 kill per 7 deaths.

Newt

Not just Yasuo, MF top too.
8aa2aa5a082ed575dd78130f93270476.jpg

I think a kick option would just open up space for more toxic behavior because then people will just start trying to kick people when they play stuff that they don't like even if the person isn't trying to grief.

"Hey everyone! gonna play some Shaco."

*votes to kick
*votes to kick
*votes to kick
*votes to kick

"Due to majority vote, ___________ has been kicked out of the lobby."

I think (and I know others have said this) an ability to report in champ select and have it include logs would be nice to have. It would at least feel like we could do something, even if we have to dodge eventually.

Newt

I think a kick option would just open up space for more toxic behavior because then people will just start trying to kick people when they play stuff that they don't like even if the person isn't trying to grief.

"Hey everyone! gonna play some Shaco."

*votes to kick
*votes to kick
*votes to kick
*votes to kick

"Due to majority vote, ___________ has been kicked out of the lobby."

That's fine with me lol.

patchday

I looked up that MF Top player. Apparently he runs that all the time.

Wow, 380 played on Vayne alone.147 played on Twitch. Almost 900 games in total o_O

mine is only 63 total. But that's a lot of hrs assuming 30-45 min matches. I cant imagine 900 games omg

garath

Had a nice khazix game to redeem myself after the train wreck afternoon. Helped that all lanes got a couple early kills and the laners followed up my ganks really really well.

I looked up that MF Top player. Apparently he runs that all the time.

Wow, 380 played on Vayne alone.147 played on Twitch. Almost 900 games in total o_O

mine is only 63 total. But that's a lot of hrs assuming 30-45 min matches. I cant imagine 900 games omg

I have over 4000 normal games. Not including arams dominions or ranked.

JulianImp

I had a blast playing URF this weekend, and kind of wish it was available more often throughout the year even though I could see it wearing thin after a while. Even counting the games where my team lost due to AFKs, I had lots of fun since every game I got a couple fun and cool-looking moments, such as having a poor Caitlyn rage at me or a Masyer Yi attempt to 1v1 me when I basically had permashield from W and infinite gauntlet procs off of Skar's Q to thwart escapes.

One thing I noticed is that being reliant on QWE spam made Skar easy pickings for champions that have silence-inflicting abilities (Cho was downright insufferable, and I guess Soraka could've achieved similar results as well, at least in paper).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I stand by my opinion that Sona is the perfect opportunity for Riot to make their own version of Invoker

There are many other champs that need to be redone before Riot will even consider reworking Sona again sadly. She can become meta again if Riot undo the hp/Q nerfs but then people cry foul and back on the nerf wagon.

Pendas

Banned
I stand by my opinion that Sona is the perfect opportunity for Riot to make their own version of Invoker

Riot has stated before they will never make anything like Invoker because it requires too much ability memorization for a single champion. They also don't want to force other players to learn the 12+ ability combo in order to effectively play against them.

Been a LOOOONG time since I have had such a stumping up top.

Started out with me being pissed that the WW JG wanted me to leash him. I mean, I get the logic behind a top leash ... it's just super annoying. We're both melee and if I wanna give you a leash and gtfo Imma have to use a skill and maybe risk getting DMG to. But I know I'll poison the likely hood of team work in this game if I tell them to go bot with the 2 people who can help them without getting sat back in lane a bit.

Anyway, I ignored his pings cause I know how Darius players like to sneak outta bushes at level 1 and I wanted to ward the mid top bush before going ... sure enough he wards right after me and we get in a fight that I won cause I had CP ticking. I backed, got there in time to help with the leash and saved my TP. He ... just ran back to tower and popped all his potions cause I guess he didn't want to TP back.

Anyway, I ended up killing him after getting 2 long swords, his JG comes to cover lane and I'm like "Hmmm, I have a TON of minions, a level advantage, 2 long swords AND 1 more charge in my CP ... lets try this". Killed him which gave me his red buff and just as I did Darius TPs in to fight but he didn't have enough to buy anything so I kill him right off.

Top lane ... I normally ban Darius because I don't like dealing with his DoT BS passive but sometimes I leave that door open as bait for cocky players who think they can just ride that axe to a win.

Nekofrog

Banned
one of the worst things i see people do in top lane is get their first back, buy, TP to lane and instantly try to fight the enemy with the item advantage. if they were planning on recalling soon anyway and you don't have the damage to kill them, you've just wasted your refresh when they're about to go back, buy, and refresh as well. they now have the advantage.

drawkcaB

There are many other champs that need to be redone before Riot will even consider reworking Sona again sadly. She can become meta again if Riot undo the hp/Q nerfs but then people cry foul and back on the nerf wagon.

Sell me on why a champion that has been consistently top 5 support by win rates for months and months needs any sort of nerf reversions. You want to see a champion you like to play go completely into the shitter? Let Riot buff them even though they're already strong. There's many examples of exactly that scenario having happened in the past. You don't want those buffs.

Sell me on why a champion that has been consistently top 5 support by win rates for months and months needs any sort of nerf reversions. You want to see a champion you like to play go completely into the shitter? Let Riot buff them even though they're already strong. There's many examples of exactly that scenario having happened in the past. You don't want those buffs.
Because her kit means that if she ever catches wind of any form of meta she'll be nerfed into the shitter again and again and again until Riot finally decides to rework her.

Having a good win rate does not mean a champion is in a healthy state. If anything it often shows the exact opposite.

Luigi87

As Irelia I just crushed a Fiora. The enemy Kindred complimented me afterwards, and then the Fiora said I wasn't even good, and the only reason I won is because I didn't go into Fiora's AA range and let the Fiora snowball.

...wut, lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Just won the first ranked game I've played in a bit.

Starting to see why people say Lux has a cheap kit. She has a damn AOE harassment CC move that's not telegraphed at all. She almost got first blood on me with move and her flash/ ignite combo. Had to play like a bitch after that one and just fall back on that wave clear.

zzz

highest cooldown poke ability in the game that's only a mild slow that doesn't persist after the spell detonates and has below average dmg

one of the worst things i see people do in top lane is get their first back, buy, TP to lane and instantly try to fight the enemy with the item advantage. if they were planning on recalling soon anyway and you don't have the damage to kill them, you've just wasted your refresh when they're about to go back, buy, and refresh as well. they now have the advantage.

Yeah, I feel like it's understanding your champ's power spike items and recognizing the enemies power spike items. If I'm playing a champ where I rush armor first then I'm not really gonna go super aggro because "Now I have 1 cloth armor/ a Ruby!". I'm likely gonna poke more because I can take harass better and hopefully force em to back before they can get a better item but I'm likely not gonna force a all in cause I might not kill them and they can just back.

But if you've been keeping them from farming well or they've been missing farm so that they can harass you (happens a ton with people in my elo who pick a ranged champ into a melee champ) then forcing them to back can be good as they will come back with a less powerful item and you'll still have the advantage.

zkylon

zkylewd
in contrast she has like the shortest cooldown longest range high damage ability in the whole game
champions should be compared kit to kit, thanks to her ult she's a good combo champion and a good assassin champion, but she's a bad poke champion which is why complaining too much about her e doesn't make all that much sense

also lux as a champion was made a ton less problematic after her w got nerfed since she's basically helpless once you close the gap

Yet it still fucks me up far more often than her Q.
oh yeah, her e is basically undodgeable poke, it's just that it's not too strong as a poke ability because of cooldown/mana cost/dmg, specially compared to the poke of other champions

patchday

first time i've ever built ghostblade on irelia. it felt like i was critting every other auto attack. it was great.

edit: wait gb doesnt have crit anymore? then i was getting hella lucky with my crits

Interesting kit... Will have to try sometime (the items you're picking isn't the current high win rate one; I like it)

Nekofrog

Banned
Interesting kit... Will have to try sometime (the items you're picking isn't the current high win rate one; I like it)

those don't really matter on some champions. i was building to have to movement speed and cooldowns to keep up with the mobility of the enemy team. FH for the tankyness/CDR to max out with the TF/ghostblade.

fh isn't a great item right now, but in this instance it gave me what i needed. no spirit visage because i was CDR capped but i still needed MR

patchday

those don't really matter on some champions. i was building to have to movement speed and cooldowns to keep up with the mobility of the enemy team. FH for the tankyness/CDR to max out with the TF/ghostblade.

fh isn't a great item right now, but in this instance it gave me what i needed. no spirit visage because i was CDR capped but i still needed MR

Ah I see, made your decisions dynamically based on the enemy team comp, etc. Will keep that in mind next time I go top lane

Nasus just counters any kinda tank.

Passive lifesteal for the win.

He's gonna be my guy to rise up the ranks

I'm in Gold(ew) right now, and anything short of Diamond doesn't know how to counter him

Farm all day
Regen all day
Wither all day
Try not the temper of the ascended all day

Nasus just counters any kinda tank.

Passive lifesteal for the win.

Hmm?

I've easily dealt with Nasus with both Da Bear (Level 1, clear melee minions and then flip him into your wave) and Trundle (Passive plus Ult his Ult).

With Garen or Poppy, yeah ... he's a bitch to deal with.

Nekofrog

Banned

that feel when your team finally starts listening to you about over extending after pushing the wave against 2 globals and the enemy team has no option but to keep forcing fights in bad positions with it and you come back hard.

still, ending the night 2-2 is kind of meh

Hmm?

I've easily dealt with Nasus with both Da Bear (Level 1, clear melee minions and then flip him into your wave) and Trundle (Passive plus Ult his Ult).

With Garen or Poppy, yeah ... he's a bitch to deal with.

I've beat a Trundle with Nasus

As for da bear, it's easy to have him push down your wave

Top Bottom