• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

Yeah all I do in Smite is Arena like 90% of the time

HOTS now has very unique heroes such as Vikings, Abathor, Tracer, Murky, and Dehaka. I am also sorta biased towards HoTS since matches are shorter and I own all the heroes (HoTS was my 1st MOBA since original DoTA)

I cant say which game offers more complexity since I don't understand all the fundamentals in LoL yet (I'm Bronze for a reason hehe). But I think HoTS offers complexity with all the different maps. Your team comp changes dramatically depending on the map. Such as Dragonshire you can run 2 tanks (watching pros do this often), etc.

I should add of course, like I was saying before, LoL offers unique heroes. So I cant choose my favorite between the two I love them both

The main difference between HotS and League is that HotS focuses on hero Brawling more than anything, and as such map objectives are balanced around this(Whether it's timers, placement of objectives, etc.)

Which is why I'm excited for the jungle timer changes coming up because it'll promote that teamfighting even more. HotS also tends to have hero kits that not only fit with the characters, but that make you feel powerful. Illidan for example, I keep mentioning because he has probably the best kit to use this as an example that if transplanted to League would be completely broken and powerful. Another kit example that feels powerful but is balanced relatively to everything else in HotS(But wouldn't work in League) is Zeratul-Perma stealth assassin, he has an AoE slash, a grenade that slows, a blink on an 8 second cooldown, and for his ults he either has Bards ult but lasts longer and it's 'stop' effect is on through its duration, or an AD steroid.

I feel that League is kinda going in that direction. And I'm excited for it. Tarics ult for example, is something straight out of HotS. Taric is a character who would work in HotS with his current kit. The point being, I'm excited to see what League is doing.

.....and so begins my grind back to Diamond. @_@

#neverduowithnewt
#nothingpersonnel

JulianImp

I kind of like urf. Still trying out my champs to see how broken each of them are, and I'd say Skarner's pretty nice with its permashield, cosntant Qs and annoying ults. Cho owned me 1v1, though.

Type2

I'm looking for a dynamic que partner in Gold to try and climb up to plat with. I mostly play from 4pm pst time to about 8/9 with support and jungle as my main roles. I'm also branching out to mid but am only currently comfortable on anivia and lulu.

JulianImp

It had been a while since I last played a game with AFK players, but I finally got two in a row, which is even worse in URF since TPs are always up and losing out on a champion is pretty serious business due to how crazy most individual champs can be.

Guess I'll keep playing urf later today and see if I can get an S-rank with Skar, since I don't think there's a way I'll be getting one normally.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm looking for a dynamic que partner in Gold to try and climb up to plat with. I mostly play from 4pm pst time to about 8/9 with support and jungle as my main roles. I'm also branching out to mid but am only currently comfortable on anivia and lulu.

Feel free to add me (IGN is monsterfracas). I play almost solely ADC in ranked, though I can jungle or mid if need be. Gold III at the moment.

I'm crazy busy this week but should have some time next weekend.

garath

Ouch. Demoted to Gold V in the saltiest matches I've played in awhile. Just people trash talking their teams like nobody's business. I really don't get it.

Though I think we were outpicked in champ select both times. I almost feel like it's the tank meta again. The team with 3 tanks just seems to steamroll.

Newt

For some of you guys struggling in ranked I've spectated a few games recently and some of you guys have some nasty habits. Work on getting rid of those and then climb.

patchday

The main difference between HotS and League is that HotS focuses on hero Brawling more than anything, and as such map objectives are balanced around this(Whether it's timers, placement of objectives, etc.)

Which is why I'm excited for the jungle timer changes coming up because it'll promote that teamfighting even more. HotS also tends to have hero kits that not only fit with the characters, but that make you feel powerful. Illidan for example, I keep mentioning because he has probably the best kit to use this as an example that if transplanted to League would be completely broken and powerful. Another kit example that feels powerful but is balanced relatively to everything else in HotS(But wouldn't work in League) is Zeratul-Perma stealth assassin, he has an AoE slash, a grenade that slows, a blink on an 8 second cooldown, and for his ults he either has Bards ult but lasts longer and it's 'stop' effect is on through its duration, or an AD steroid.

I feel that League is kinda going in that direction. And I'm excited for it. Tarics ult for example, is something straight out of HotS. Taric is a character who would work in HotS with his current kit. The point being, I'm excited to see what League is doing.

.....and so begins my grind back to Diamond. @_@

#neverduowithnewt
#nothingpersonnel

Yeah both of these mobas have such great heroes. That's why I float between the two because I'm all about playing fresh, creative champs.

Granted, now in League I am focusing more on mastering Diana. She's not a popular pick so I can get her in almost any gametype and I can play her as mid/jungle. And I love her new skin although it was tad bit pricey. I hate how new skins are no longer on sale

At least I am not the only who have fallen in ranking system.

I am stuck playing URF at the moment when I could play a ranked

Yeah I am just going to be a weekend warrior and show up for the random gamemodes for now. Maybe I'll get back on the ranked ladder at some point. But my only motivation to climb rank is just to maybe hit Gold 5 one day for the skin and then I'd just quit anyways.

Think about it, for every 75 last hits I fuck up that's one vision ward!

image.php

What a great avatar.

patchday

I think one of my bad habits is I can't seem to last hit (mid lane). As jungler, I don't really get enough ganks

I am really awful across the board. I'm really good at being a biatch and hugging my turret though :)

I think that's why I'm so good at Rainbow Six though. Cause the biggest biatch in that game is usually the last man alive and can clutch wins. In League, being a biatch will keep you alive but you kinda need to be carried.

Ah, think I've just realized my issues :)

Newt

What're my habits?
Can't go into detail because I'm on my phone but essentially laning is a big weak point for you.

You don't pursue favourable trades and your wave control skills are essentially zero. You're going to struggle against AD players that have good wave control.

Type2

One really basic habit I've developed is not staying parallel with my adc in lane which is something I scold most people for in mumble if youve played with me. I either have my too ham moment or the run ahead without posturing a defensive line to trade back with. As long as I'm conscious of that I don't think I'll make that mistake again.

Also, not banning and first picking soraka for that dirty tilt inducing freelo :)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can't go into detail because I'm on my phone but essentially laning is a big weak point for you.

You don't pursue favourable trades and your wave control skills are essentially zero. You're going to struggle against AD players that have good wave control.

How do i get better at wave control?

not hard even i see newt fuck up waves we try to freeze

how to make it not move: enemy casters > your casters

how to make it slow push: kill all caster creeps and let the wave kill melees.

patchday

good thing I entered a bot match as nidalee. sthey destroyed her traps. so my old way of jungling in initial phase is wrecked

I see mundo still OP even as a bot :(

Newt

Is there a better feeling than having a ranked game where every lane wins?

apart from making a massive comeback
I don't know why but NA open mids are really satisfying.

A regular (Korean) open mid is when the entire team lets the enemy push down mid and end the game

An NA open mid is where 1 shitter decides to keep playing and they get killed over and over again while getting berated by both teams.

patchday

I'd rather not make a comeback but rather sweep and get it done early if possible. Yesterday we made a comeback and won in URF. Sona is unbelievable there (too me). Both team had a Sona. Seemed like thats all you need in that mode is a good Sona to heal/tank/support-dps. LOL

JulianImp

I'd rather not make a comeback but rather sweep and get it done early if possible. Yesterday we made a comeback and won in URF. Sona is unbelievable there (too me). Both team had a Sona. Seemed like thats all you need in that mode is a good Sona to heal/tank/support-dps. LOL

Yup. I thought she was just okay, but then I saw her in action a couple times and she's really annoying. Constant power chords are a pain.

Is there a better feeling than having a ranked game where every lane wins?

apart from making a massive comeback
Having a game where the enemy team is winning hard but then someone dcs and you just slowly pry out the win out of their withered fingers as they die inside and send snarky all chat messages accusing you of being bm

Talents

Banned
Just somehow managed to win a game where our Yasuo top and Lee Jungle forgot to swap champs, so it was Yasuo jungle, Lee sin top. We lost all our nexus turrets 20 something mintues in as well. God bless the other team for having 0 engage.

Apparently we were also 9k gold down at 1 point. Noice.

patchday

Just somehow managed to win a game where our Yasuo top and Lee Jungle forgot to swap champs, so it was Yasuo jungle, Lee sin top. We lost all our nexus turrets 20 something mintues in as well. God bless the other team for having 0 engage.

Apparently we were also 9k gold down at 1 point. Noice.

OMG thats so funny. glad yall still won. the chat at the start of the match must've been crazy

Talents

Banned
The salt is palpable.
Code:
Destï <3COK: TARIC LULU KALI
Destï <3COK: DYNAMIC QUEUE
Destï <3COK: AHHAHAHAHA
Lion1834: so?
Destï <3COK: fucking autist
Destï <3COK: you dynamic queue with someone who goes afk
Destï <3COK: you piece of shit
Lion1834: :D
Lion1834: loser
Destï <3COK: not like dq is worse enough
Pilter v2 left the room.
Destï <3COK: you fucking make it even worse
Destï <3COK: beyond comprehnsion
Lion1834: stfu
Lion1834: loser

Talents

Banned
OH BOY

Talentz joined the room.
buffrivenn : hey graves
buffrivenn : wanna lose again ?
buffrivenn : dodge
O Takei Xargas : ?-?

Ribben mains

aww geez, wait 10 minutes before searching again and get matched up with the same guy.

Talents

Banned
Finally got back into my promos for D3. Currently in champ select with Urgot ADC, Leblanc support, and BARD TOP
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the last words one of the troll picks said before the game started

"Wait no one is dodging..."

and someone left before the game even started so unless they join back it's 4v5

Top Bottom