• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
y3m7unBWxC700LbY4ZDMslZrE1_z1uOYaPdm_BlyvaG0GM9p31lYk1c2oTjRD1Tk2_gaPX0Fl3U9lImPPYSluiA2IQpqkBrHvENEAkRuutD-9r0QSBjlWULOVTDu-Gr_k2_PuTOlAGQNZjkUna2KwsTW5szX5W2ex2ggAADKzv7awk

you know, it's been a while since ahri got a skin..

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
played some arams last night in between lck finals games, got blood moon kennen shard

there's a problem in this system that i already bought all the skins i want lol

btw the lck finals were great, all the games were a lot of fun and really high level pro league

faker winning the entire series by pressing r at the right time on cass, rip rox

Newt

Anyone else think the Diamond restrictions are stupid as shit? I literally can't duo with anyone I used to anymore, like Ghost or Rex.

A player in Diamond 4 should be able to duo with every division in Plat, not just Plat 1.

faridmon

Just decided to play Zed for once mid. Enemy then locks in: Taric, Kayle, Kindred. Needless to say that was a dodge.

You dropped 2 divisions? Damn.

Back to mid Bronze III, but it was rough losing streak I was on. Hopefully I can get couple of wins in the next few games.

Talents

Banned
Anyone else think the Diamond restrictions are stupid as shit? I literally can't duo with anyone I used to anymore, like Ghost or Rex.

A player in Diamond 4 should be able to duo with every division in Plat, not just Plat 1.

You'll probably tilt back to Platinum in no time. Then you can play with whoever you want :^)

JulianImp

wow never played URF before. this mode is crazy. just pure bonkers. infinite mana for all times

I am all in

I'm also enjoying it more, even though I feel it favors some champions a lot more than others. Lux ulting every 15 seconds is a bit too much, IMO.

I don't think poke champs are super great in URF. If anything, all-in champs are the worst, with Eve on top. You can't duel or kite or escape her.

Damm. losing and winning vortex of eternity in Bronze II

I was demoted to Bronze II from Bronze I.

I got back to Bronze I and haven't played ranked since. Felt like getting better with my Trundle and Vel in normals before trying again.

Learning that playing like a bitch if I don't get a lead is pretty effective if you feel like members of your team can scale up and carry. Just farm, ping and try to stay useful for later. I mean it pisses me off when I know I have a winning match up but the other person wont push and just stays under tower. Then I try to dive em and it blows up in my face ...

Learned that peppering in the Laugh emote when they do that pisses them off enough to try to pull something to make me stfu. Be it getting a gank (if it fails then their JG normally breaks the freeze to tax for wasting their time) or just playing a it more aggro.

FWIW: a reinstall of Windows 10 (updated to around October) appears to have got rid of my Maestro error. A little worrying given there still doesn't appear to be any sort of statement on this from Riot/MS.

Ferga

Aye demoted again.

D4 to plat 3 in 4 days.

Got mid and top massively ahead and then they just don't anything and we lose!

Didn't help that my bot lane was feeding and started taking my entire bot side jungle. Yay plat players.

Might bring out my leona jungle tonight

Ferga

I honestly feel like I've been put into the spectator position in custom games for this entire week.

I just do my first clear while watching my team lose 1v1s and 2v2s.

bakeray

I honestly feel like I've been put into the spectator position in custom games for this entire week.

I just do my first clear while watching my team lose 1v1s and 2v2s.
Yeah, it's rough when you have those games while jungling. and usually the whole time they'll flame you for 'not ganking.' How about buying some wards, playing defensive, and not dying 3 fucking times in 11 minutes. Probably the most frustrating thing as a jungler.

Ferga

Yeesus. How low must your mmr be for the demotion D5-Plat1?

I lost 6 solo queue games in a row 3 nights in a row

I kept losing more than I won in terms of lp until Plat 2 50lp.

I'm earning more than i'm losing at plat 3 at the moment.

I think they changed demotions this season.

I demoted almost immediately at 0lp D5

You get demoted from a tier if your MMR is a full tier below where you are.

So basically your MMR when you were at D5 0LP was Plat 5 MMR, so you got demoted. Explains also why you were losing more than you were earning for a while.

Leezard

So basically your MMR when you were at D5 0LP was Plat 5 MMR, so you got demoted. Explains also why you were losing more than you were earning for a while.
I'm finding it a bit difficult to believe that he actually needs Plat 5 MMR to be demoted. I know it's been said by rioters and that it's the official message, but if Ferga truly had plat 5 mmr when he dropped, I doubt he would gain more than he loses at plat 3; I doubt he raised his mmr while he dropped from plat 1 to plat 3.

Unless plat 5 mmr is enough to gain more lp than you lose at plat 3, that is. If it is, then the definition of "division mmr" is different than I thought.

I assume that if you have plat 4 mmr in plat 3 you would lose more than you gain, if you have plat 2 mmr you would gain more than you lose, and if you have plat 3 mmr you gain/lose the almost the same.

Luigi87

Hm, 11/1/17 Orianna, with plenty of warding and no less than two pinks... A
But I guess my CS really did suck (169 @ 37m)

Edit:
Next game 11/2/11, 145 cs @29:43
S+
My first one of the season, lol

Newt

This just isn't true imo.

He probably demoted at Plat II MMR.
Ouch. I lost 6 in a row the other day which made me go from D3 promos to 1lp. I thought that was bad.
Do you play solo or predmade?

Talents

Banned
This just isn't true imo.

He probably demoted at Plat II MMR.

Do you play solo or predmade?

Solo. I hope by playing Solo that I get matched up against other solo players like Rito says. But a lot of the time I'm paired with some sort of premade or against some sort of premade. Makes me sad.

patchday

So I have now given many other MOBAs (& moba-lite) games their fair shot such as Paragon (Level 12), Battleborn (L13 ps4, L4 PC), Smite (L22), etc. So far only gem I found was really Smite which is a Dota clone done in 3rd person obviously which is really all I want.

Out of all the mobas I have played, I would say the only ones that obviously standout is Heroes of the Storm, Dota 2, and Smite. The others, at first glance, just don't offer the same polish and well done original heroes.

LoL has the advantage of being an older MOBA so they can revisit older shitty heroes and rework them to be original and unique (like Fiora) [edit- actually I never played the original Fiora lol]

Anyway, just some random thoughts why I think I come and go so often. I try to give a newer moba their fair shot and run right back in this direction (and HoTS)

Newt

I tried HOTS and didn't like it much. Felt like too many things were dumbed down to gut individual skill. Also thought the champion kits were a bit boring (no Draven or Syndra type champs).

I tried smite and liked it a lot. Not a game I would play competitively but it's really fun.

matt05891

I tried HOTS and didn't like it much. Felt like too many things were dumbed down to gut individual skill. Also thought the champion kits were a bit boring (no Draven or Syndra type champs).

I tried smite and liked it a lot. Not a game I would play competitively but it's really fun.
If you ever get frustrated with league just play some smite arena as Loki and kill everyone.

but newt

hots has illidan

his kit is the best

Top Bottom