• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

faridmon

Not sure what you mean as kindred falls off a cliff in mid-late game especially without money. She's (they're) easily the best early game jungler in the game. Take advantage of that, play aggressive and don't give away kills.

Yeah graves is dumb yet i don't see him often. I need to pick him up

I meant in terms of stacks. But yeah, I think my problem is that I am too careful early game.

Isn't the extra damage a small increment per level? I may not have noticed though, but I'll try it out if ever I get the chance to go Top Naut outside of Ranked.

Fair enough. Frozen gives better armor, but the on hit slow works well with his E to keep enemies stuck to him longer :p

Shield damage is kind of negligible if we're being honest. You max it so you can jump in the middle of the enemy team and survive enough burst to give your team time to apply their damage.
IBG is pointless with the amount of sticking power Naut has as it is. Remember that his autos already apply micro snares. If you can land his hook properly, few are going to get away without using escapes.

Nekofrog

Banned
Anybody who ever complains about killstealing is an idiot.

i disagree. there are many times where there's an auto attack traveling from an ADC to get the kill but the support decided "nah not today" and decided to take it instead.

kill stealing does exist. if the kill is clearly already secured and there's no way of it getting away, let the person who can get the most value from the gold get it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Kog is so fun right now (with the right team comp to protect him)

Rageblade-zerkers-bork/hurricane-gunblade-ga/wit's end does an unreal amount of dmg. You just melt entire teams. His early/mid aren't great (though in low elo it's not that big a deal), but he can hold his own with just a rageblade. Takes objectives so easily late.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Hex/Maw buffs plus precision have made him too silly. It's been a complete stomp mid when someone has had him in the game sI've played the past few days.

nah see

even if u feed all game long it's still zed and he's shit and you'll win anyways

6DZn3tA.png

Kenai

i disagree. there are many times where there's an auto attack traveling from an ADC to get the kill but the support decided "nah not today" and decided to take it instead.

kill stealing does exist. if the kill is clearly already secured and there's no way of it getting away, let the person who can get the most value from the gold get it.

I've had far more instances of the enemy getting away because as a support I wasn't aggressive enough and making sure either the ADC *or* myself got the kill. Hindsight is nice but we are paired with a random ADC who may or may not be a gold star student down there. Especially when there's several champs capable of incredible burst even low levels (hi MF/Graves/Trist/Lucian/Ez paired with someone like Morg/Zyra/Sona/Nami/Brand), it's hard to judge mid trade who's gonna win out, you want to use as much as you can to win out. And with supports usually having better base stats by design early on, that can lead to those accidents.

Also some support champs like the psuedo mids (Brand/Zyra/Annie/Morg) get kills much easier in a teamfight than someone like Soraka or Leona, and even in near full support builds some champs designed with support in mind have some legit damage, like Sona or Lulu.

As a sometimes-ADC I'm more than fine with assist gold if it means my support can come back and basically push them under tower alone while I'm farming since they got insane early poke/vision with a fast FQC + SS or something while I get harass free farm. Legit coming out of nowhere KSing is incredibly rare.in my games .

Nekofrog

Banned
People always think this is true right up until they get away.

when you play in enough situations you are more easily able to identify when a kill is going nowhere or if there is a chance it can get away

a chance? sure, secure it. no chance? press s. just do it.

Graves and Vi Jungle are my go to right now. Graves jungle is so strong, a good Q, AA, and R combo can instakill most squishies. And being able to execute from long range with your ult provides lots of opportunities to surprise low health laners. Its hilarious to kill a low health adc from the tri brush with your ult.

People always think this is true right up until they get away.

Yup.

I have seen people limp away with so lil health a mouse could kill them with a fart. As support I've had to make hard decisions on when to risk this (not as Poppy though. With Poppy I go for that first blood and I try to lock down any kills I can. Don't have the same play style as normal supports like Janna so try to go ham) . As an ADC ... I don't really care as long as the Sup isn't fighting me for CS. I've had sups that rip the enemy team apart within the first few levels with lil help from me and I'm just like "WOW, I get to farm without the poke! :D"

nah see

even if u feed all game long it's still zed and he's shit and you'll win anyways

6DZn3tA.png

looks like he did his job. there are very few champs and roles that can carry a team, and generally speaking assassin's are not in that group of champs. I'm not sure that makes Zed shit so much as it is an indictment on the players that surrounded him, no? or that Thresh was simply better than everyone else in the game (which is what it looks like).

zkylon

zkylewd
looks like he did his job. there are very few champs and roles that can carry a team, and generally speaking assassin's are not in that group of champs. I'm not sure that makes Zed shit so much as it is an indictment on the players that surrounded him, no? or that Thresh was simply better than everyone else in the game (which is what it looks like).
you can grab a billion other similar games, this is what always happens.

zed will win lane if his opponent is bad (like i am) and then inevitably become useless and throw cos that's what zed does

he's one step above yasuo but he's terrible

you can grab a billion other similar games, this is what always happens.

zed will win lane if his opponent is bad (like i am) and then inevitably become useless and throw cos that's what zed does

he's one step above yasuo but he's terrible

I hear you. I just don't see how that makes him much different than any other assassin.

Then again...now that I think about it...one of the big differentiatiors between Zed and other assassin's is that his ability to do his job is largely reliant on a high-CD ultimate, after which his contributions are cut by about 75%. Most other assassins (LB, Kass, Talon, Ekko, Fizz, Rango, Nid come to mind) are very useful even if their ults aren't available to them -OR- they have low CD ults in the first place.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hear you. I just don't see how that makes him much different than any other assassin.

Then again...now that I think about it...one of the big differentiatiors between Zed and other assassin's is that his ability to do his job is largely reliant on a high-CD ultimate, after which his contributions are cut by about 75%. Most other assassins (LB, Kass, Talon, Ekko, Fizz, Rango, Nid come to mind) are very useful even if their ults aren't available to them -OR- they have low CD ults in the first place.
you got it ;)

zed's big issue is that unlike other assassins he's pretty garbage without his ult, but then his ult gets countered by items so easily that he doesn't have much of that either

someone like ahri can still waveclear, ekko has cc, fizz can be really annoying with his hopping around too, leblanc ult has super short cd, kassadin's even shorter, etc.

it's not like leblanc is much better than him or anything, but they can do something

zed's only other option is to splitpush but that's kind of easy to deal with, really, since u can just send a tank his way.

tbh it's a general problem with assassins, just specially bad on zed.

kenbo

zed can waveclear

zed's problem is that it takes someone special to be able to team fight with him and teams aren't very good at being coordinated enough to splitpush in solo queue

garath

Damn. Graves is so strong right now. How is he not nerfed yet? Even though I lost two with him, they were my first attempts at him since his rework. Second game I was highest level, most kills and most gold on my team.

The only downside is that short attack range. Had a couple missed kills since I misjudged his range.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Damn. Graves is so strong right now. How is he not nerfed yet? Even though I lost two with him, they were my first attempts at him since his rework. Second game I was highest level, most kills and most gold on my team.

The only downside is that short attack range. Had a couple missed kills since I misjudged his range.

I can't believe he was so underplayed after the initial nerfs. Dude's been super strong ever since his rework. His base damage alone is insane with thunderlords.

I can't believe he was so underplayed after the initial nerfs. Dude's been super strong ever since his rework. His base damage alone is insane with thunderlords.
Yeah it was odd he was played a ton at the start of preseason got nerfed no one played him now people are playing him a bunch again. Sometimes that happens where they nerf someone everyone drops that champ even if they are still good just because they got nerfed, it is odd.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah it was odd he was played a ton at the start of preseason got nerfed no one played him now people are playing him a bunch again. Sometimes that happens where they nerf someone everyone drops that champ even if they are still good just because they got nerfed, it is odd.

There's probably a lesson there about how champion choice is driven not merely by actual success but by fear of how people in your soloq team will perceive you.

zkylon

zkylewd
zed can waveclear

zed's problem is that it takes someone special to be able to team fight with him and teams aren't very good at being coordinated enough to splitpush in solo queue

his waveclear doesn't scale so well tho, specially compared to ahri's or ekko's who don't have to burn two abilities for it. even lb has better waveclear tho she's pretty bad at defending

Ferga

Yeah.

Like when a jungler ganks top perfectly and forces the enemy to panic flash uselessly.
Basically a free kill but it's less free when someone decides to waste flash themselves to secure the kill

Top Bottom