• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

faridmon

OMG you guys were totally right. Zeke Harbringer is awesome on Sona. Just discovered its active ability/ That binding shit was cool!

faridmon

Yeah, inhouses are only in NA. Make an NA account if you want to play them.

You won't get invited if you're not in the NeoGAF chatroom.

One day when I get a better internet connection, I get dips on connection when I am on EUW server, let alone somewhere as far as NA.

Maxim726X

gg bro.
After a couple games of being in bronze, I can say that I don't wanna be here.

Dude the struggle was real.

I was placed in B3 originally, down to B5, up to S3, now after winning *every* placement match I'm somehow lower?

I'd love to see the algorithm for placement, Rito.

You got my hopes up that team builder was back up, only for them to be crushed instantly when I checked.

For reference, here's what a Red on the LoL Boards has said:
Hey everyone,

Based on learnings from yesterday’s failed test in Vietnam, we’ve been improving our internal load test. This will allow us to better vet fixes before shipping them to live. We plan on internally testing the queue over the next two days, which unfortunately means you shouldn’t expect Dynamic Ranked or new champ select in Normal Draft this weekend. If tests perform well, we will look to roll out to one affected region (to be decided) on Monday. If that is stable and successful, we will roll out to all affected regions until service is fully restored.

So unless you're in the lucky test region on Monday, the earliest you'll get anything back is Tuesday.

Maxim726X

Even worse, my duo partner (who also obviously went 10-0) got put in B5. Granted, he was in B2 last season... But he may as well not won a single game.

Talents

Banned
For reference, here's what a Red on the LoL Boards has said:

So unless you're in the lucky test region on Monday, the earliest you'll get anything back is Tuesday.

1rvTwhC.jpg

I just want to play some Legal Legends.

breh, im gon take these kills whether you like it or not. lol no but for real tho, jeez, I hate when people have the mentality that as the jungler, you are bound to babysit them.

jerd

Dude the struggle was real.

I was placed in B3 originally, down to B5, up to S3, now after winning *every* placement match I'm somehow lower?

I'd love to see the algorithm for placement, Rito.

Idk why people think theyre gonna get placed higher after a reset. At silver 5 you'll probably be with Silver 1- Gold 3 players from last season. Everyone goes down significantly. Literally everyone. The top players in the region placed plat 1. Only dropping two divisions is huge.

jerd

People are entitled pricks, especially against junglers.

Luckly the ones I play, Seju and Kindred, don't require kills to stay relevant late game.

Not sure what you mean as kindred falls off a cliff in mid-late game especially without money. She's (they're) easily the best early game jungler in the game. Take advantage of that, play aggressive and don't give away kills.

Yeah graves is dumb yet i don't see him often. I need to pick him up

JulianImp

I mean if the ADC/Mid or Top dude can make the kill, let them, if you see like he is not even caring, take it

A couple matches ago I got flamed by my mid Akali for stealing a kill that I had actually enabled since we we both chasing after a weakened Blitz and I spent flash to land my ult and then the rest of my available CC as Nautilus (as a support though, not jungle). There was also a Lucian in that game that kept whining about how we all sucked went AFK near the end of the match, and only came back to hold the fort during a final push as our team was also wrecking the enemy team's inhibitor.

But yeah, from what I've heard it looks like junglers are meant to not take the kills themselves.

I'm really liking how the group IP bonus weekend has made lots of people hang out together and invite friends of friends and stuff like that, since it works great to foster the discovery of new people. I just had lots of fun supporting a guy who was still getting started with Varus but was decent at general gameplay (he rarely poked with his long-range shot, for example). He wasn't the best adc I could ask for, but he was both good and nice enough, so I guess I'll be pairing up with him next time we're both around.

Going back to mage supports for a change has been nice, since I really like how much I can help the team as Nami and Lulu in more ways than what I can do for them as, say, Nautilus (not that I don't like anchoring people to protect the team's VIPs, though). I've found myself merging my sightstone with my melee support items more often as of late (as I suck at deploying the shield when it counts), but I just can't give up on them spooky ghosts when playing mages.

jerd

But yeah, from what I've heard it looks like junglers are meant to not take the kills themselves.

Absolutely false. Maybe 1/100 kills as jungler you want to hand off if it is beyond a doubt secured by the laner and they absolutely need it to catch up but you'll learn the second or third time a kill you're trying to hand off gets away that it's a bad idea. Idk why anybody ever gets it in their head that a jungler is supposed to give kills to laners on ganks. It wastes time which is your most valuable resource as a jungler. Secure the kill regardless of who gets it, shove the lane, and move on

JulianImp

Absolutely false. Maybe 1/100 kills as jungler you want to hand off if it is beyond a doubt secured by the laner and they absolutely need it to catch up but you'll learn the second or third time a kill you're trying to hand off gets away that it's a bad idea. Idk why anybody ever gets it in their head that a jungler is supposed to give kills to laners on ganks. It wastes time which is your most valuable resource as a jungler. Secure the kill regardless of who gets it, shove the lane, and move on

I'm not actually speaking from experience though, since I often end up playing support and won't get any kills voluntarily handed to me. How much of a gold difference actually exists between getting a kill and an assist?

Due to my role I try to let anyone else get the kills whenever I can, but if we're in a pinch I tend to fire away first to try and mitigate the damage the team takes from that near-dead champion rather than risk them getting away, their team coming to their rescue or scoring extra kill(s) before they go down.

The whole "Junglers need to give everything to their team" thing is stupid, especially when talking about carry junglers.

If I'm playing tanks like Sejuani, Amumu, or Sion, I'll try my best to set up kills for carries, but if I'm running Rengar, Eve, or Xin, I'm creaming on the enemy team.

I'm not saying that I'm going to flash ahead of teammates to secure kills, but I'm also not going to pretend like I don't do damage and/or put the team on my back if I had gold.

a kill you're trying to hand off gets away

Aside from Yasuo, this is the thing that tilts me the most. That used to happen to me all the time before I switched mindsets.

jerd

I'm not actually speaking from experience though, since I often end up playing support and won't get any kills voluntarily handed to me. How much of a gold difference actually exists between getting a kill and an assist?

Due to my role I try to let anyone else get the kills whenever I can, but if we're in a pinch I tend to fire away first to try and mitigate the damage the team takes from that near-dead champion rather than risk them getting away, their team coming to their rescue or scoring extra kill(s) before they go down.

300g for kill and 150g is split between all champs who assisted, 400/200 for first blood, so generally on a gank it's 150g difference. If you're jungling and your laner isn't satisfied with assist gold and costing the enemy laner a wave or more of experience and gold then I'm not sure what to tell them.

JulianImp

Anybody who ever complains about killstealing is an idiot.

Yeah, I just don't see why would anyone flame others for a "stolen" kill since it often means a whole lot of lost cs and stage control for the dead player's team. I don't like it when people "waste" abilities (mostly when they're expensive ones such as ults and flash) to get a kill that's already been secured though, but what annoys me there is the wasted ability more than the fact they got "somebody else's kill".

^nice

I need new draft select back up again
I want to test out top naut damnit
Man, all these top lane Nauts. Really hope he doesn't become popular enough for people to actually learn the match up. Need my boy Naut for my ranked climb.

Or worse, Riot learns how toxic a lane bully he is and nerfs him D:

Tizoc

Man, all these top lane Nauts. Really hope he doesn't become popular enough for people to actually learn the match up. Need my boy Naut for my ranked climb.

Or worse, Riot learns how toxic a lane bully he is and nerfs him D:
Is iceborn still good on him?
And why does champion.gf show his w being maxed 2nd? It doesnt really offer much outside of a stronger shield :x

Is iceborn still good on him?
And why does champion.gf show his w being maxed 2nd? It doesnt really offer much outside of a stronger shield :x
I wouldn't buy it on him. Frozen Heart is the better option. Honestly, the way I play him I'm more inclined to build Lich Bane than IBG (not recommended though).

As for his shield being maxed second, it's because his shield is what let's him do stupid plays with relative safety. Hook on low CD isn't going to do much till team fights later in the game.

Tizoc

Ranking W also increases the on hit damage.

Isn't the extra damage a small increment per level? I may not have noticed though, but I'll try it out if ever I get the chance to go Top Naut outside of Ranked.

I wouldn't buy it on him. Frozen Heart is the better option. Honestly, the way I play him I'm more inclined to build Lich Bane than IBG (not recommended though).

As for his shield being maxed second, it's because his shield is what let's him do stupid plays with relative safety. Hook on low CD isn't going to do much till team fights later in the game.

Fair enough. Frozen gives better armor, but the on hit slow works well with his E to keep enemies stuck to him longer :p

Weren't you plat? I was in plat promos so i think gold 5 is probably best case scenario for me

Yes. I went 5/5 and had about a 15win difference.

SoloQ is absolutely rampant with Duos atm which means the chances of me getting either support/ADC is a lot smaller from the games I've played compared to pre-season.

Top Bottom