• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

I'm considering picking up Quinn to complete the holy trinity of marksmen junglers. I also own all the pirate skins but Quinn and aatrox so I might get corsair as well. Is phoenix any good?

Edwardo

Yeah I never shit talk or act rude but if I thoroughly embarrass somebody I'll flash em my mastery emote and I'm just wondering if that's a little too much salt in the wound lol

After the enemy tries to dive you and you pull off a double kill.

"?"

Edwardo

I'd rather just..

"You belong in a museum!"

My friend types ??? everytime there is a bad play, ally or enemy. It tilts me so hard in a match, and the feeling I have is only increased by the fact that I'm talking to him in skype.

Eeesh, I never struggle against a Leona Support. I mean, once Leona does get onto you, she dishes a lot of damage thanks to her passive and she has a long range stun. But if she fails to land one of her abilities, she gets fucked over so hard.

I think Trundle, Alistar, Thresh and even Bard to an extent, who are the most popular supports right now, fucks her over so hard.

db85a688fd.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
who do you think is selling it?
Lemme rephrase

Better than the other crap rito sells :>

I'm still confused by the skin sale, can I expect Pool Party Lulu to go on sale ever? It is sitting at 975 right now.

Also, is Pool Party > Winter Wonderland?
Both are really good

I like pool party cos it has googly eyes

Do you guys consider it bm to flash your mastery emote after making a play?
First u gotta ask: is bm actually bad?

Imo just do whatever u want, I spam lux and lulu laugh all lane long lol, if u don't like it come and kill me :>

I don't do the after party emote thing tho. That's kinda lame

I have it mapped to T for highly efficient trolling
I need t for zhonyas but yea, ctrl6 is a pain

Honestly, I thought we were going to lose because the Nunu has a less than stellar match history (most likely because of the lack of flash).

We won that game, though it was really close. Jayce fed Irelia, my MF always overextends and gave up a few kills in what was to be a winning bot lane. But we grouped up, got some vision down and we dominated by the end with the power of Banner of Command. Bard is absolutely disgusting when it comes to total map control. He's the best support for that and I worry that he's going to get the nerf hammer soon once professional play start to prioritise him as p/b.

that irelia skin is so fucked up

goes to show how generic she is that u can't tell her apart from karma

Too bad the new sejuani skin doesnt have a special recall, I wanted to buy the russien skin but she does a silly dance, I think irelia dont have a new skin with special recall outside the frost spandex skin

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wonder why rito hasn't reworked irelia yet

i'm guessing she's a bigger scope fiora cos they basically have to scrap everything but her q

killatopak

Gold Member
So I haven't played in like a month and the first thing I see is that ranked is reset. To my surprise a lot of people seem to complain about their placement matches. There seems to be a problem where people get placed on a much lower rank than what you would expect. I've seen a guy go 9-1 but end up in bronze 3.

Is this just anecdotal or is it widespread? I'm asking because I don't want to play ranked yet if some problems are persisting right now.

Newt

She's low on the rework priority list.
So I haven't played in like a month and the first thing I see is that ranked is reset. To my surprise a lot of people seem to complain about their placement matches. There seems to be a problem where people get placed on a much lower rank than what you would expect. I've seen a guy go 9-1 but end up in bronze 3.

Is this just anecdotal or is it widespread? I'm asking because I don't want to play ranked yet if some problems are persisting right now.
I guess they just made the system a bit tougher. I was expecting p1, and got placed in p5. I don't think it's a "problem" per se.

If you're going like 9/1 and getting placed in bronze, you were probably playing against bronze players.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, i guess thing with irelia is that she's a lot of work and ppl already like her as she is so it's not that big of a deal if she's kind of a mess

compared to like fiora or poppy who were just as dumb but no one really liked or played them

or like shen, who's pretty popular lately and so it's a big problem if he's got poor design

pigeon

Banned
i really wonder why rito hasn't reworked irelia yet

i'm guessing she's a bigger scope fiora cos they basically have to scrap everything but her q

I think Meddler mentioned that all the diving fighters (Irelia, Xin Zhao, Renekton, Riven??, etc.) probably need a class pass at some point. Basically divers are a relic of the Irelia Problem, so they all have kits that are a little generic and try to do too much, they tend to have scaling problems as a result, and since they rebalanced a bunch of stuff to let juggernauts be a thing they are a little out of place. I think they need a clear vision of what divers are for and why you would pick a diver over an assassin (better burst to go along with target selection) or over a juggernaut (better survivability to go along with sustained damage).

zkylon

zkylewd
I think Meddler mentioned that all the diving fighters (Irelia, Xin Zhao, Renekton, Riven??, etc.) probably need a class pass at some point. Basically divers are a relic of the Irelia Problem, so they all have kits that are a little generic and try to do too much, they tend to have scaling problems as a result, and since they rebalanced a bunch of stuff to let juggernauts be a thing they are a little out of place. I think they need a clear vision of what divers are for and why you would pick a diver over an assassin (better burst to go along with target selection) or over a juggernaut (better survivability to go along with sustained damage).
yeah, you have a point there

fighters are a weird class

Ashhong

If you like Pool Party then just get it.

Well yea but now I'm wondering if it will be on sale, thanks to the new skins sale schedule they started last year

8-2 and placed in Silver 3. Not bad really, I ended the preseason at Gold 4 with MMR probably around Gold 5 or Silver 1

Edwardo

Well yea but now I'm wondering if it will be on sale, thanks to the new skins sale schedule they started last year

8-2 and placed in Silver 3. Not bad really, I ended the preseason at Gold 4 with MMR probably around Gold 5 or Silver 1

It's on sale right now. Today's the last day. 975 RP

Kenai

Sounds like there is gonna be an update tonight to re-re-release Dynamic. There's gonna be more stress testing tho so they might take it down again after.

i mean, i guess thing with irelia is that she's a lot of work and ppl already like her as she is so it's not that big of a deal if she's kind of a mess

compared to like fiora or poppy who were just as dumb but no one really liked or played them

or like shen, who's pretty popular lately and so it's a big problem if he's got poor design

This sounds pretty much right.

"Problem" champs (Lee/Nidalee/Soraka/Sona/Shen) > Champs no one plays that are unhealthy when actually played (Poppy/Yorick/Fiora) > Champs no one plays (Eve/(Karma/Taric/Galio/Urgot) > Played but could still really use a rework (Iriela/Warwick/marksmen/mages) > champs who need a visual update only (Twitch)

seem to be the general order, though there's some randomness depending on how quickly they find "inspiration" for new kit design. Whether or not they give them a visual update or not seems to be random too (they updated Nid/Karma/Poppy/Twitch ect but not Eve/Lee/Sona).

pigeon

Banned
I'm starting to wonder whether Poppy's quick R effect will get changed. It seems much more popular and effective than the actual charged R, and I'm not sure that's what they intended.

Luigi87

Too bad the new sejuani skin doesnt have a special recall, I wanted to buy the russien skin but she does a silly dance, I think irelia dont have a new skin with special recall outside the frost spandex skin

Frostblade Irelia doesn't have a special recall.
... No Irelia skins do.

It's why I'm hoping she gets a new skin (pref. 1350, but I'll settle for 975) soon, because the 750 was a slap in the face.

Oh, lucky me, I got that retrieving from server bug when I got into champion select, which forced a dodge and made me lose one of my promos.

That happened twice today. What the fuck.

Next Rework guys:
Vq6jpZc.jpg

Its happening.

I hope they make him as fabulous and camp as possible. I would love for Taric to have a similar amount of complexity as Bard and Thresh, cause I love those type of champions.

garath

Your MMR sounds very similar to mine when the season ended. Except I probably was gold 4 MMR because I just finished promos to get back to it.

Sounds like silver is a reasonable expectation. They really made it a little more harsh this season didn't they? Last season I finished gold 3, went 6-4 and placed gold 4.

I'm starting to wonder whether Poppy's quick R effect will get changed. It seems much more popular and effective than the actual charged R, and I'm not sure that's what they intended.

I dunno. They even mentioned the quick R in the champ spotlight as I recall. It seems to be working as intended. The charge up is really good for breaking up a team whereas the quick R is good for CC. The charge up also has a pretty good range.

Kenai

Oh, lucky me, I got that retrieving from server bug when I got into champion select, which forced a dodge and made me lose one of my promos.

That happened twice today. What the fuck.

The other reason I am waiting for dynamic queue. I am 2-1 and that loss was due to server shenanigans (though I am still fully expecting to be in bronze something by the end no matter how well i do)

I hope they make him as fabulous and camp as possible. I would love for Taric to have a similar amount of complexity as Bard and Thresh, cause I love those type of champions.

I would be fine with him campy, but I would also be fine with just about anything as long as it's 100% fabulous. Taric was a blank slate before and the community (rightly) filled in a lot of the blanks that seem oh-so-obvious to the og writers now in retrospect. Looking forward to it more than perhaps any other update.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's on sale right now. Today's the last day. 975 RP
it'll be cheaper eventually, but it's a good skin at that price

i think it's ok since it makes ppl u hit untargeteable so there's some timing work into chaining cc after it for kills. like, it's not just a pile-on cc, not completely at least

in competitive i've seem ample use of both, and it seems like poppy's opness might be on her other spells (maybe her dmg?)

he's gonna be fab but probably nowhere near as jokey as now

This sounds pretty much right.

"Problem" champs (Lee/Nidalee/Soraka/Sona/Shen) > Champs no one plays that are unhealthy when actually played (Poppy/Yorick/Fiora) > Champs no one plays (Eve/(Karma/Taric/Galio/Urgot) > Played but could still really use a rework (Iriela/Warwick/marksmen/mages) > champs who need a visual update only (Twitch)

seem to be the general order, though there's some randomness depending on how quickly they find "inspiration" for new kit design. Whether or not they give them a visual update or not seems to be random too (they updated Nid/Karma/Poppy/Twitch ect but not Eve/Lee/Sona).
it's not as clear cut, but they do seem to prioritize champions that are problematic in the right now

there's also the whole "opportunity" stuff. like, if they're doing a bilgewater event, they'll do gp, mf, etc.

i'm really confused why some champions don't get vu's tho. like i said, lee and ori, they're both played a shit ton in solo q and competitive, yet they still look super dated. these are some of the best champions the game has to offer, they should look AMAZING, like thresh or bard or azir or whatever. even ahri could use a redo on her model and outfit to be more like in a new dawn

it's weird

Top Bottom