• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Quonny

Is matchmaking fucking broken? I've gone up against plat and Gold 1s while my teammates are fucking Silver and Gold V/IVs. What the fuck Riot? Get your fucking shit together. I'm sick of losing games because of these really shitty matchups. Every lane fucking loses and I can literally tell they're the superior team. This isn't even fucking fair.
Normal has a different MMR than ranked.

zkylon

zkylewd
_lol__zed_and_talon_fanart_commission_by_orekigenya-da10iah.jpg

oh boys

Even if they're nerfs, I think they're long overdue, Anivia is so stupid and the "but she's hard!" excuse isn't enough for me anymore when Thunderlords makes her so ungodly frustrating to play against.

zkylon

zkylewd
easy, just remove keystones since keystones have done nothing but make the game markedly worse :>

i fully expect rito a few years down the line just go "what were we thinking" and removing masteries altogether

definitely the single worst change i've seen to the game in my 4 years of playing it

easy, just remove keystones since keystones have done nothing but make the game markedly worse :>

i fully expect rito a few years down the line just go "what were we thinking" and removing masteries altogether

definitely the single worst change i've seen to the game in my 4 years of playing it
Eh masteries are fine, sometimes you get interesting choices like making a champion tankier or do more damage like old masteries, but current mastery selection is fucking awful and most Keystones are dumb garbage that do something Riot has been vehemently against in the past - doubling down on champion strengths for free, screwing balance up.

pigeon

Banned
Which would be good if each one was a meaningful choice and not just "keystone A for champ X"

This is true for almost every choice you make in League, though, really. Every mastery point is spent more or less by default, every rune pick is more or less by default, even the majority of item decisions are from a pretty tightly constrained tree which you know in advance. So naturally every keystone pick is more or less by default.

"Strategic diversity" is kind of a high-class product that games like League provide to a super small group of players who actually do the work of investigating, exploring and defining the meta so that everybody else can just play whatever's on Probuilds. In the sense of creating more meaningful decisions for average individuals the project was doomed from the start. Most people have enough to worry about identifying how to hit all the minions under the turret without having to understand how their keystone selection affected all their in-game action and how the game would have gone differently if they had hypothetically picked a different keystone.

That said, hey, I knew Grasp was OP before Phreak did, so I guess I'm the 1%.

zkylon

zkylewd
Eh masteries are fine, sometimes you get interesting choices like making a champion tankier or do more damage like old masteries, but current mastery selection is fucking awful and most Keystones are dumb garbage that do something Riot has been vehemently against in the past - doubling down on champion strengths for free, screwing balance up.
i'm not against the idea of keystones but they've completely screwed it up

it's not allowed for new playstyles, it's made balance a nightmare we're still recovering from half a season in and it hasn't brought anything interesting to the table

it's a trainwreck of a systems change that hey, i know it was well intentioned and i think everyone can get behind the idea of being able to customize your champion somewhat but i really wish they just removed all the out-of-game systems that have always contributed nothing but stat crunching and balance headaches

riot, you built an awesome game that completely stands on its own and feels and plays completely different from doto, there's no more need for dumb, shallow out-of-game systems to differentiate yourself

that time has passed, make the good part of the game better, and forget about the trash that's making the good part more difficult to make fun

Hard

Banned
So I went against my better judgment, and my Support Soraka convinced me to pick Maokai instead of Renekton. The enemy top laner immediately locks in Nasus. That was probably the least fun I've ever had in a game.

Now 0-2 in Silver promos, fun times.

So I went against my better judgment, and my Support Soraka convinced me to pick Maokai instead of Renekton. The enemy top laner immediately locks in Nasus. That was probably the least fun I've ever had in a game.

Now 0-2 in Silver promos, fun times.

I hate picking early for top. You can get countered if you don't pick a generic, moderate pick ._. Give me last pick for top any day.

This is true for almost every choice you make in League, though, really. Every mastery point is spent more or less by default, every rune pick is more or less by default, even the majority of item decisions are from a pretty tightly constrained tree which you know in advance. So naturally every keystone pick is more or less by default.

"Strategic diversity" is kind of a high-class product that games like League provide to a super small group of players who actually do the work of investigating, exploring and defining the meta so that everybody else can just play whatever's on Probuilds. In the sense of creating more meaningful decisions for average individuals the project was doomed from the start. Most people have enough to worry about identifying how to hit all the minions under the turret without having to understand how their keystone selection affected all their in-game action and how the game would have gone differently if they had hypothetically picked a different keystone.

That said, hey, I knew Grasp was OP before Phreak did, so I guess I'm the 1%.

yea! if you wanted all that diversity and additional depth, you'd be playing dota2!
mayatomr_romance.gif

Manus

Anyone else getting authentication issues when trying to log into the LoL client? Keeps saying it didn't receive a response from the server.

Hard

Banned

Had to straight carry this one. Our mid-laner was a Bronze 5 against a Silver 2 LeBlanc. He was going to play Yasuo but that was banned fortunately. So he picked Arrogant Space Lizard.

LeBlanc & Vayne both score 4 kills before 15 minutes. Fortunately myself, Cait and J4 (Jungle duo) manage to keep us even in kill difference. Our poor Sol was getting pretty tilted, it took a combination of J4 camping his lane and me talking him down to keep him from raging. The enemy team grouped mid at our tier 2 turret around 17 minutes in, we're down 1.2k gold. We group, 4 men defending turret, I'm lurking in the top side jungle. J4 runs down and hits a clutch flash ult to catch their whole team except LB and Vayne. LB jumps in to kill J4 which allows me to dive onto to Vayne for the 1v1. She blows every thing to keep me away, Cait and Sol move in to finish her off, my ignite takes the kill. 3 kills for me, 2 for Cait. We just squeeze out the game from there.

1 down, 2 to go.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there a league club or any league players on euw?

jerd

Who is this bustin the nuts guy on twitch lately. I'd never heard of him but now out of nowhere he's consistently one of the top streamers. Did he do something cool or funny or is he a youtuber or something?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Who is this bustin the nuts guy on twitch lately. I'd never heard of him but now out of nowhere he's consistently one of the top streamers. Did he do something cool or funny or is he a youtuber or something?

He viewbotted

Ashhong

Two questions fellas:

1. Is it right for us to get a skin shard of a skin we own? Are we expected to just reroll or disenchant these? If so that sucks :/

2. Just got my first gemstone. What do you guys do with this? Save it to get hextech annie? Forge it into key chest? I assume it's a full key?

Two questions fellas:

1. Is it right for us to get a skin shard of a skin we own? Are we expected to just reroll or disenchant these? If so that sucks :/

2. Just got my first gemstone. What do you guys do with this? Save it to get hextech annie? Forge it into key chest? I assume it's a full key?
You can get shards for stuff you already own, yes.

10 gemstones can be crafted into Hextech Annie, hold on to those.

You can get shards for stuff you already own, yes.

10 gemstones can be crafted into Hextech Annie, hold on to those.

But gemstones can also be used for a key and a cheessssttttt :X

And I own the majority of champions. So the good thing is if I get bonus champ shards, I can I can use it to fill out the roster of remaining champs.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a rare "things turned out better than expected" ranked game. Someone picked Hazmat Heimer top and proceeded to straight roll a Tryndamere down his lane to his inhib tower.

Then he came to other lanes and helped us get those too.

I had a rare "things turned out better than expected" ranked game. Someone picked Hazmat Heimer top and proceeded to straight roll a Tryndamere down his lane to his inhib tower.

Then he came to other lanes and helped us get those too.

Even after the nerfs Heimer is legit if played correctly

Calvero

Banned
Just started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Damn, this starts off so good from the first episode.

Edit: Yeah, this might not be the right thread.

Top Bottom