• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

23qwerty

Ha looks like you're right the view bot detector says he only has about 100 actual viewers. How has he not been shut down yet? He's been up there for a while it seems like
because there's not really any way to prove that he was the one who did the viewbotting. it could have been someone else doing it maliciously to get him banned

Nekofrog

Banned
KlVmKNp.jpg

lets see the following handicaps i have in this game:

1. i'm adc
2. i'm sivir
3. we have a yasuo

yasuo got a penta kill.

Blizzard

Banned
You know what combo works so well

Malphite and Yasuo

So good

I had that yesterday. He would ult everytime I would ult. It was a glorious match.
The normal way this plays out is, Malphite ults 3-5 people.

Then Malphite dies and another teammate dies.

Then Yasuo uses his own wind to generate an ult 1v3 and dies.

nah breh

just did that one too

exhaust on malphite

disgusting

Did they start with dorans ring? If they didn't start with dorans ring they are a bad malphite no ifs buts about it.

The normal way this plays out is, Malphite ults 3-5 people.

Then Malphite dies and another teammate dies.

Then Yasuo uses his own wind to generate an ult 1v3 and dies.

Thanks god our Yasuo was in sync with me.

I had a good Nasus match today. Maokai and Fiora tried to tower dive me. They both died, and in all chat I said 'Stay the fuck out of my lane.' Then Fiora comes back to lane, I kill her again, and I say 'What did I say'. Then she just stayed away from me.

You had to be there. It was quite a delicious quip.

Nekofrog

Banned
exhaust on malphite

disgusting

Did they start with dorans ring? If they didn't start with dorans ring they are a bad malphite no ifs buts about it.

it was malphite support

i even gave them a headstart and let malphite get first blood on me
or something like that

Won my first game as Sion mid!

Wanted to go Full AD Sion buuuuuut top Yorick loss lane super hard to Jayce and they had too many ADC champs for me not to tank it up.

Was a shit show on our side though ... Teemo ADC vs Cait ended up feeding early. I shat all over their Annie mid, Kindred had to camp my lane to give her some room to breath ... but that still didn't stop her from ganking bot. We got through this because of Taric's Ult plus Wukong's Ult PLUS my Q. Such a wonderful combo when they all group up nice and tight for it.

Ashhong

You can get shards for stuff you already own, yes.

10 gemstones can be crafted into Hextech Annie, hold on to those.

It's weird that I haven't gotten one champion shard yet, out of maybe 8 boxes or so.

Are these gemstones just completely random? Doesn't seem like a high drop rate..itching for that key!

Calvero

Banned
Won my first game as Sion mid!

Wanted to go Full AD Sion buuuuuut top Yorick loss lane super hard to Jayce and they had too many ADC champs for me not to tank it up.

Was a shit show on our side though ... Teemo ADC vs Cait ended up feeding early. I shat all over their Annie mid, Kindred had to camp my lane to give her some room to breath ... but that still didn't stop her from ganking bot. We got through this because of Taric's Ult plus Wukong's Ult PLUS my Q. Such a wonderful combo when they all group up nice and tight for it.

what
why did they do that

Leezard

crazytalk

hextech annie is so rare!

Rarity is one thing, I got other rare skins. Victorious Jarvan, Victorious Janna, Championship Riven. UFO Corki on my NA account that I really should look into merging with my main. I've stopped caring whether skins are rare or not. You need 10 gemstones anyway. If Hextech Annie was 1 gemstone or 2 gemstones then sure, I might've gotten it. 10 though? Nah, just let me have another chest reroll.

what
why did they do that

I do Sion Md cause he has some good AD scaling and in a game where you don't have to be "the tank" you can throw down some good DMG. Every other time I did it though both bot and top failed their lane and I guess I'm not good enuff with him to carry a win purely from holding down MY lane.

Teemo ADC bot ... yeah, I don't get it. People take that lil shit everywhere. I remember having a Game where someone begged me for mid so I went ADC. The Support was last pick and Raka so I thought it would be cool, turn my back and looked at the loading screen ... they picked fucking Teemo Sup over Raka. And of course we fight for farm as the enemy is just giving us free harass, he swaps with mid Fizz before going AFK at level 11.

I will never understand Teemo players :/

I wish 6.9 would come sooner. This tank meta is killing my mmr. I've been juggling on 0-70lp these past few weeks.

Isn't 6.9 coming out Tmr (Tuesday)?

And how does it stop the "tank meta"? Are people gonna stop playing tanks in favor of "Top Zyra!" or something?

I do Sion Md cause he has some good AD scaling and in a game where you don't have to be "the tank" you can throw down some good DMG. Every other time I did it though both bot and top failed their lane and I guess I'm not good enuff with him to carry a win purely from holding down MY lane.

Teemo ADC bot ... yeah, I don't get it. People take that lil shit everywhere. I remember having a Game where someone begged me for mid so I went ADC. The Support was last pick and Raka so I thought it would be cool, turn my back and looked at the loading screen ... they picked fucking Teemo Sup over Raka. And of course we fight for farm as the enemy is just giving us free harass, he swaps with mid Fizz before going AFK at level 11.

And how does it stop the "tank meta"? Are people gonna stop playing tanks in favor of "Top Zyra!" or something?

Top Swain obviously

He'll be unstoppable with Liandry's and Rylais and all the new fangled mana>health Healrth>mana items

jerd

Sunfire nerfs, mr itemization changes, cleaver buffs for bruiser, and yeah people just mostly being enamored with the reworks for a while. We're already on our way out of the tank top lane meta but between all that and the changes to Herald favoring split push top laners more will probably help finish it off.

Sions ad scaling is actually terrible though right? Like sure if you get a fully charged Q off but no way that should ever happen. His ult is all base damage and no scaling too iirc

bakeray

Rarity is one thing, I got other rare skins. Victorious Jarvan, Victorious Janna, Championship Riven. UFO Corki on my NA account that I really should look into merging with my main. I've stopped caring whether skins are rare or not. You need 10 gemstones anyway. If Hextech Annie was 1 gemstone or 2 gemstones then sure, I might've gotten it. 10 though? Nah, just let me have another chest reroll.
You can merge accounts? I always wondered if you could but that seems like something that could be abused somehow.

Leezard

You can merge accounts? I always wondered if you could but that seems like something that could be abused somehow.

I think it's mostly for the case when EU accounts didn't exist. Back in the Beta days you could only play on NA.

I think Riot support page mentions you lose your rank etc when you merge so I dunno if it's worth it tbh. I'm not sure if that's true though. Maybe I will give it a try next preseason.

bakeray

I have an older account that I used the old mastercard promo on with some skins you can no longer get so I was just wondering, the account I'm playing with now was gifted some more expensive skins so my skins are really all over the place.

I wouldn't care about losing rank like you said cus you can do it in the preseason, just wondered what all of the stipulations are/what all carries over.

Leezard

I have an older account that I used the old mastercard promo on with some skins you can no longer get so I was just wondering, the account I'm playing with now was gifted some more expensive skins so my skins are really all over the place.

I wouldn't care about losing rank like you said cus you can do it in the preseason, just wondered what all of the stipulations are/what all carries over.

You could check it out, it's possible you can get the merging done too.

I was about to post the support.riotgames.com article about merging accounts, but it turns out it has been removed (I get "you're not authorized to access this page"). That sucks.

Maybe Costy can clarify.

sleepykyo

Hm, sunfire getting more expensive, spirit visage getting increased healing but a mr reduction and cleaver getting slight less ad but cheaper. Fiora era returning?

Tizoc

AP update is this week right?
Taliyah full reveal too.

BTW when will Bilgewater be back this year? Really liked the announcer+it's aram map.

jerd

AP update is this week right?
Taliyah full reveal too.

BTW when will Bilgewater be back this year? Really liked the announcer+it's aram map.

Pretty sure they will bring back the aram map at some point but I think they said they don't know what capacity. Likely we won't get another Bilgewater patch this year but hopefully we get a larger scale event for another region. The targon one was fine but obviously wasn't on the same level as the Bilgewater one

I feel like Ionia was mentioned as a possibility but also I feel like I just made that up. Maybe that was a boken theory or something

Played my first matches of Cho ever tonight.

Went 4-2 I believe it was. Interesting champ. Was nice to learn some of his flaws so that I can take advantage of them in the future. But there aren't many.

garath

You know kindred is strong right now when gold players are curb stomping with it. Two games back to back where kindred jungle was crushing. Going to have to play it again myself. Been feeling a bit out of sorts in the jungle lately anyways. Khazix has been my only shining spot. Ekko is perma banned, sejuani is kind of weak, pantheon is nuked, Vi is barely OK. Meh.

You know kindred is strong right now when gold players are curb stomping with it. Two games back to back where kindred jungle was crushing. Going to have to play it again myself. Been feeling a bit out of sorts in the jungle lately anyways. Khazix has been my only shining spot. Ekko is perma banned, sejuani is kind of weak, pantheon is nuked, Vi is barely OK. Meh.

time for me to try kindred jungle for the first time. :O

Hard

Banned
Not looking forward to today, test results :^/ Judging by the e-mail the class got from the professor, the average must have been pretty low.

I love playing against Sivir in lane. If she isn't able to push you in early it's just so easy to harass her to death.

That's your cue to play more ranked.

Caitlyn vs. Sivir was probably the most fun I've ever had in bot lane.

patchday

that sivir build has tilted me into the next dimension

Wow I didn't even notice. That entire match was a cluster-fudge for the enemy team. I feels for them. Lulu comes to mid and hides under tower the whole time. I still dove in and killed her

I noticed Sivir was overextended (plus both Jinx & Sivir were in bot lane lol). The lure of two squishies was too great. I went down there and farmed Sivir too

Garen was the only one that really held us off for a bit.

Man my CS was awful though. I really have to work on that. I keep going into bloodthrist mode and start ganking

Had a dream I was demoted to Silver 3 from Gold 5. Fuck.

lol

Rare ocassion. Tried 2 new champs today.

Well, strictly speaking I have never played Cho and haven't played GP since the rework (2 years or so ago). 1st Cho match:

Cho feels like a really good tank so long as he isn't the only tank OR the only person responsible for CC on a team, if that makes sense. That stun is hella unreliable and he still needs time to walk up on people even when slowed. I can see picking him situationally. Like with a Lux or J4 or Morg or something. Laning stage felt good in the 5 or so games I played him. Very hard to push out of lane since he gets hp and mana back/kill. As long as you can CS, anyway.

Is that a fair assessment?

2nd GP match:

1st GP match was just hum-ho. like 7-5-12 or something in a dry win. This one...I started to figure out the barrels (it was a mess early as i had no idea how they worked). Ended up doing a lot of work though I saw a lot of times where I could have used the barrels differently in fights to be more effective. Didn't get a good feel for which of the cannon upgrades were best so I just got them based on how I felt the match was going.

edit: and yes that was a trolling, babyraging ADC anivia. Don't even ask.

Yeah the problem with chos CC is that it is long cooldowns, so it is good for setting up stuff or in crowded large fights, but you dont have more CC on your team it gets hard.

Also i just tried out malphite again after a while and wow and he a dumb champ, just so tanky and the ult is crazy, i think i might add him to my champs to play in ranked.

Top Bottom