• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

Well I only play mid/jungle these days so I was thinking thats no doubt the reason for the higher queue times (for me). When I used to be support I'd always get a match 1 min or less (something like that)

But I'd much rather stay in queue then get support and be forced to watch an incompetent adc overreach and die over and over again. just cant do it

having so much more fun playing other roles

JulianImp

I played against bots and the AI somehow managed to get an even score with us, including an ace (33 to 31 at a time). Most of the time the bots would be grouped up together and people would go one by one to fight them (and getting killed), and then we'd ace them and my teammates would instantly back instead of pushing, which forced me to ping and call them out repeatedly until they'd realize that constantly killing or getting killed without ever taking any towers/inhibs wasn't the right thing to do. Some of them were probably new because they didn't have they keystones yet, and the locked Tristana did questionable stuff such as rocket jumping onto minions just to damage them, not planting bombs on anything or randomly deciding to back off when I was engaging or attempting to engage by herself and getting killed really quickly as a result.

It's still nowhere near as bad as the one bot game I saw my cousin play where he had a Garen and Jax who would constantly dive three or more bots with Garaen's spin or Jax's jump and then do nothing else, feeding the AI while my cousin could do nothing but watch as he was just trying Udyr out so he didn't know how to try and salvage the game. I was laughing out loud as we watched Garen spawn, rush to lane, spin and die over and over and over.

I know that feel.

It's like a damn mystery. Not only is MY lane being shat on but ... somehow EVERY other lane is doing this poorly? How?

It happened to me like 6 times in a row

Usually it's bot just dying 500 times. Granted there were games where I sucked, but then everybody sucked and all you can think is 'Riot are you joking me'

Sammyroc

Neo Member
Fluffy.
SeevfJ5.jpg

jerd

Nobody wins when people start begging for roles. I always turn people down when they ask for jungle since giving it up never works out but it never fails that I'll get pelted with everything I'm doing wrong or the classic "we woulda won if I jungled" biz. I wish people would just take the role the game gives them and roll with it surely you can play your second role at least at an average level

patchday

Welcome to the Bronze V Forever club bro (or welcome back)

that feel when you're just on a streak where every lane loses and you can do anything in ranked

I think you meant:

"and you can't do anything in ranked"

Yep, I played two summoner's rift games yesterday (1 of them was ranked). But in both of those the ADC went under 1.0 KDA. I was stomping my lane in both cases too.

I think I am destined to become a Hearthstone player cause its 1v1 lol. I just cant figure out people in LoL. I wish we had Voice chat.

Why dont we have freakin' VOICE CHAT?!?! Even Rainbow Six siege has it. Works freakin' wonders. Well at least in that game. So easy to give advice in Rainbow

Ayy finally have won a ranked game, top lane was a bore fest, i basically just zoned off ekko and just pushed the tower. There grag came up like once or twice but i always had it warded so i was fine. Kha and talon went off and destroyed yas, once i started grouping I got a bunch of kills.

Didn't know Sykkuno was that well known or as good as he is, wow. This draven game is fun to watch though. The meltdown in Anklespankin's comment section for his Tyler1 Draven game is hilarious.

Guys

Xelnath has an account here

Finally I can bug him about the Yorick rework

pretty sure hes not at Riot anymore but still he was one of my favorite devs back in the day

Anivia changes on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AniviaMains/comments/4fj5dz/midyear_mage_update_mentions_incoming_buffs_for/d29nmju

Basic Attack
-Particle cleanup (mostly just smaller, less noisy)
-Missile speed:: 1400 >>> 1500
-Cast bone updated! (This only affects her second attack animation. Should come out of her wing now instead of center of body)

Q
-AP ratio reduced:: 0.5 >>> 0.4
-Base damage reduced:: 60/90/120/150/180 >>> 60/85/110/135/160
-Stun duration scales:: 1 >>> 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5
-Slow increased:: 20% >>> 20/30/40% But scales with R rank
-Improved damage display type on Q2 to better differentiate it from the pass through damage. Impact damage display type.
-Q stun particle now visible to everyone (power hidden behind low clarity is bad)

E
-Missile speed:: 1200 >>> 1600
-Particle has been improved (better "hitbox," slightly smaller, twirls so it's pretty)
-Cast range increased:: 650 >>> 600 but edge to edge (matches AA - Roughly 35 range increase)

R
-Now has a cast animation (NOT CAST TIME)
-Now expands from 150-400 radius over 3 seconds
-MS slow increased:: 20% >>> 20/30/40%
-Cast range increased:: 625 >>> 685 (matches AA)
-AS slow removed
-At max size, damages and slows by an additional 50% and Chills for an additional second (2 seconds)

garath

Did I miss the dragon trainer trist sale or did it just not happen yet? I thought it was April. Or maybe it was a may preview?

edit: ah, it was May.

The problem with anivia is that she need a few items to be doing anything and putting her at support forces her to wait a long time till she can get those items and by the time she gets the items everyone else is already scaling way past her.

Just because you have seen it done before doesnt make it viable or good, i have seen plenty of shit before.

Ive seen Anivia support done well but Zyra is a much easier and safer bet. Just max out her seeds before anything else, as they help with vision control in bushes and passively give you CDR.

no u max e or q because you can buy cdr and the plant damage scales from leveling the abilities.

Anivia getting big nerfs overall. More CC sure but that E missile increase is going to hurt her in conjunction with the casting animation on R

how does making something faster equal a nerf

how does making your utility better equal a nerf

how does making a max duration storm stronger equal a nerf

how does making something faster equal a nerf

how does making your utility better equal a nerf

how does making a max duration storm stronger equal a nerf

Making E faster makes her E->R combo harder to hit since you have to put down R faster

Making utility better is good but theyre hitting both her Q ratio and base damage in return, Id rather take the damage over a small slow on an already hard to hit skillshot

Adding a cast animation might delay how fast her R comes out(currently her R comes out immediately) once again hurting the synergy with her E

pigeon

Banned
Making E->R combo harder to execute is only a nerf to bad players.

I doubt they will do that in any case because that's the kind of skill gap they hate, witness Alistar. So they'll probably polish it up so that it's still equivalently easy to do.

The patch notes literally say that R still comes out right away.

Making E->R combo harder to execute is only a nerf to bad players.

I doubt they will do that in any case because that's the kind of skill gap they hate, witness Alistar. So they'll probably polish it up so that it's still equivalently easy to do.

The patch notes literally say that R still comes out right away.

Lets hope R does(patch notes says its not a cast time)

....hmm if theyre pushing out updates, possibly mage update isnt this week?

patchday

That's weird. I could have sworn she was listed under support on the league website.

I had an Anniva support once and the only useful thing he could do was make a wall.

And the guy was a foo and only built items like he was in mid lane

ugh, so many bad memories from bronze elo on bot lane

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is matchmaking fucking broken? I've gone up against plat and Gold 1s while my teammates are fucking Silver and Gold V/IVs. What the fuck Riot? Get your fucking shit together. I'm sick of losing games because of these really shitty matchups. Every lane fucking loses and I can literally tell they're the superior team. This isn't even fucking fair.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anivia getting big nerfs overall. More CC sure but that E missile increase is going to hurt her in conjunction with the casting animation on R
i don't think it's big nerfs, i think it just makes her a bit more fair

i feel like she'll be about the same in power, maybe a little less, but nothing huge

Is matchmaking fucking broken? I've gone up against plat and Gold 1s while my teammates are fucking Silver and Gold V/IVs. What the fuck Riot? Get your fucking shit together. I'm sick of losing games because of these really shitty matchups. Every lane fucking loses and I can literally tell they're the superior team. This isn't even fucking fair.

Normal games? Those are always skewed

Top Bottom