• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

don't do that. After match is over it's time to move on. They'd have to be an afker/feeder straight up for me to remember them (only because those are the ones I bother to report)

edit--->
Yeah...it definitely isn't the mature thing to do. But someone who goes AFK or leaves a game bugs me a lot less than someone who is toxic. And when I say toxic I mean toxic toxic. And another part of it is just good ole' shit talking fun. Maybe I just miss trash talking . . .

The biggest Nasus counterpick. Absolutely trashes most hyperscaling tanks in lane (Nasus, Rammus, Nautilus, Poppy, Gragas, Illaoi, etc.). Struggles mightily against ranged ADs and champs with dashes (Riven, Quinn, Graves, Kayle, etc.). Also sustained trade fighters can beat him as well (Aatrox, Voli, Trundle). Can carry team-fights if he can get good positioning on Q and resets with his ult. Lack of mobility makes him easily kited, and a huge gank target early on. Better as a counter-pick than a first pick.

He'll crap on you if you don't know what you're doing, so be careful.
darius has more tools to be relevant than he did before, but he can still be shut down by passive play
Yeah i know he has destroyed me many time before, and i have seen him snowball super hard so many times. I want to buy him and play him, seems like alot of fun also i love level 1/2 cheesing people.

Yep. Just let him push early then call the Jungler for a gank. Easy.
Yeah, unless the people are Q'd together or the jungler is actually smart it is hard to get ganks.

patchday

I dont mind toxics. I just mute them if they go too far. Toxics you can control

I cant do nothing bout an afker or feeder / botter

I dont mind toxics. I just mute them if they go too far. Toxics you can control

I cant do nothing bout an afker or feeder / botter
Yeah.
In ranked i always try to be the nicest person, because i dont want my teammates to rage and be toxic. Im always saying stuff like " WOW, nice hook blitz" or "it is ok i will try to help once i get level 6". Just got to make sure your team is happy.

it's not so bad, i think it could be toned down a bit but i'm not against more unique facial features

from the video i guess she has some sort of mobility spell for her rock skating thing? that sounds cool

i liked her voice and her outfit, the face is alright, the straight nose looks a bit silly and maybe should be toned down a bit but idk, i like that she looks more unique and i like that she's not (totally) white
She looks middle eastern, I don't think they should tone down her nose, it looks cute.
How is darius right now, because usually when ever i see him he just destroys people. Maybe that is because it is silver/gold and people dont know how to play against him.
Darius feeds on disrespect. He's my go to top pick right now, the amount of people that think they can just keep eating passive stacks and live is astonishing.

She looks middle eastern, I don't think they should tone down her nose, it looks cute.

Darius feeds on disrespect. He's my go to top pick right now, the amount of people that think they can just keep eating passive stacks and live is astonishing.
Yeah i like the big nose, i think it looks good.
Yeah his passive stacks do so much.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

yeah it's gross

you start out winning the trade and suddenly 200hp is bleeding away and he's relentlessly chasing you down and pulling you back in and stealing health with his q and you die

Darius is banned so often you'd think he was broken.
I mean, I use to ban him cause I don't like dealing with his passive BS but now? If I'm high on the ban line I ban Ekko and if I'm last I ban Kayle/ Teemo or some shit that I don't wanna deal with unless someone forgot to ban some Assassins and we have a Mage mid (please people, think of your poor mid mage. Ban these fucks so that mid lane doesn't get rolled over by level 6 if they can't shit on the enemy and grab an early lead).

I mean, you know what Darius is gonna do. Level 1 you make sure to go to your bush and make sure the next bush over is warded in case he wants to level 1 cheese you with a Q or W to slow you and stack his passive (SIDE NOTE: If the fucking JG keeps pinging for a leash ignore them until you're sure Darius isn't gonna bush jump you. Top leashes piss me off, you can go bot and have TWO people safely AA to help you without them losing health or mana but you decided to ask, no, DEMAND I waste my time and mana and maybe health with a champ who may not even hit hard at level 1. Had a Eve say "Fuck you" after spam pinging for a leash and not being happy with it. I'm thinking "Bitch, I'm Sion, I gave you a E stun into the wall and 3 autos which may have made me miss out on 2 minions worth of EXP if I didn't run away right then ... the fuck else you want?"). You wait for him to pop his Q and once he does you dodge and engage or rush him and engage.

But I play Voli and Trundle into him ... hell, I mostly play Trundle top so maybe that's why I don't have as much of a problem with him.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Darius is banned so often you'd think he was broken.
I mean, I use to ban him cause I don't like dealing with his passive BS but now? If I'm high on the ban line I ban Ekko and if I'm last I ban Kayle/ Teemo or some shit that I don't wanna deal with unless someone forgot to ban some Assassins and we have a Mage mid (please people, think of your poor mid mage. Ban these fucks so that mid lane doesn't get rolled over by level 6 if they can't shit on the enemy and grab an early lead).

I mean, you know what Darius is gonna do. Level 1 you make sure to go to your bush and make sure the next bush over is warded in case he wants to level 1 cheese you with a Q or W to slow you and stack his passive (SIDE NOTE: If the fucking JG keeps pinging for a leash ignore them until you're sure Darius isn't gonna bush jump you. Top leashes piss me off, you can go bot and have TWO people safely AA to help you without them losing health or mana but you decided to ask, no, DEMAND I waste my time and mana and maybe health with a champ who may not even hit hard at level 1. Had a Eve say "Fuck you" after spam pinging for a leash and not being happy with it. I'm thinking "Bitch, I'm Sion, I gave you a E stun into the wall and 3 autos which may have made me miss out on 2 minions worth of EXP if I didn't run away right then ... the fuck else you want?"). You wait for him to pop his Q and once he does you dodge and engage or rush him and engage.

But I play Voli and Trundle into him ... hell, I mostly play Trundle top so maybe that's why I don't have as much of a problem with him.
how are you not getting to lane in time to get your minions when you leash top?

How so?

Last time I faced one I shat allll over him cause he tried to level 1 cheese me and lost all his health pots instead of backing before minions spawned.

Maybe it's cause I have no problem fighting like and bitch and just farming passively until I want to fight?
Take a quick look at his runes and masteries. Also he took Q at level 1, you don't take Q at level 1 if you want to cheese.

Darius straight up outdamages you before you start getting some items and he still shits on Trundle later because he doesn't give a damn about your stolen resistances if he gets a good ult going. Darius has the tools to make you waste your W and force you to fight him in it's downtime. His Q used properly lets him harass you without being anywhere near your chomp range and Aprehend is as deadly for ganks against you as your pillar is against him so if you push to get some sustain back from your passive you're gonna have a bad time.

Hard

Banned
God I hate playing against Nasus players.

Early game is a joke with him just sitting under turret and farming

then 20 minutes hits and it's just

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURUURRURURUURU OhMyDog

holy shit he's coming at me

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURU OhMyDog

goddamn i'm perma slowed

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURURUURURRURURURURU OhMyDog

wtf one Q for 1/3 my health

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURURURRURURURURURURRU OhMyDog

ok im dead this is fun i guess

How so?

Last time I faced one I shat allll over him cause he tried to level 1 cheese me and lost all his health pots instead of backing before minions spawned.

Maybe it's cause I have no problem fighting like and bitch and just farming passively until I want to fight?

Take a quick look at his runes and masteries. Also he took Q at level 1, you don't take Q at level 1 if you want to cheese.

Darius straight up outdamages you before you start getting some items and he still shits on Trundle later because he doesn't give a damn about your stolen resistances if he gets a good ult going. Darius has the tools to make you waste your W and force you to fight him in it's downtime. His Q used properly lets him harass you without being anywhere near your chomp range and Aprehend is as deadly for ganks against you as your pillar is against him so if you push to get some sustain back from your passive you're gonna have a bad time.

Stone meme posting

Trundle just out-sustains Darius's damage. Just Chomp him before his Q goes off and there goes most of his damage. A good Darius will build offensively since Trundle will steal the defensive stats with his ult. As long as Trundle plays aggressively without over-committing he should win most of the time.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
God I hate playing against Nasus players.

Early game is a joke with him just sitting under turret and farming

then 20 minutes hits and it's just

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURUURRURURUURU OhMyDog

holy shit he's coming at me

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURU OhMyDog

goddamn i'm perma slowed

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURURUURURRURURURURU OhMyDog

wtf one Q for 1/3 my health

OhMyDog RURURURURURURURURURURRURURURURURURRU OhMyDog

ok im dead this is fun i guess

Trundle just out-sustains Darius's damage. Just Chomp him before his Q goes off and there goes most of his damage. A good Darius will build offensively since Trundle will steal the defensive stats with his ult.

You should play garen.

how are you not getting to lane in time to get your minions when you leash top?

I get there in time, but I only find my self struggling with Sion when I'm with a Eve JG who acts like they want me to tank it for the first few hits ... so they don't hit it when it spawns and I have to if I wanna gtfo of there fast.

Both times it's happened it's with troll Eves who wonder the map aimlessly as they bitch at the team, normally a E stun into the wall and 2 AA is good enuff cause the JG attacking it as well from the start.

Otherwise, yeah, it's still me coming to lane with less mana and possibly less health than I would normally have. That part pisses me off. When i played ADC it was normal to leash the JG ... I mean, it takes nothing away from me cause all I do is AA and it helps them. But being a damn melee top in the death match/ test of endurance top lane can become?

Stone meme posting

Trundle just out-sustains Darius's damage. Just Chomp him before his Q goes off and there goes most of his damage. A good Darius will build offensively since Trundle will steal the defensive stats with his ult. As long as Trundle plays aggressively without over-committing he should win most of the time.
One unstacked tick of Darius' passive deals more damage than Trundle gets from a single melee minion death lol Disregard that, it's over time not one tick.

If Darius is trying to Q you while you're in chomp range no shit he's gonna lose. He does more damage in trades and if you try to extend them he's gonna get frenzied and get way more AD than you can steal/get from Q.

Hard

Banned
One unstacked tick of Darius' passive deals more damage than Trundle gets from a single melee minion death lol

If Darius is trying to Q you while you're in chomp range no shit he's gonna lose.

Good thing there are 6-7 minions per wave :^)

If Darius Q's he's gonna push the wave and set himself up for a gank

If you Q haphazardly trying to hit Trundle through his casters sure. Hitting Trundle while he's trying to last hit your stuff on the other hand? Nah.

You shouldn't base this match up on the Darius being shite. Sure the same can be argued for Trundle but Trundle's kit is super simple and doesn't really have room for nuance like aiming a Decimate properly, if the Darius is cocky and/or bad this match up will go south pretty quickly since pillar will fuck him up in ganks, but assuming equal skill levels it's not a contest.

You just gotta be careful not to trade too much before level 3. That's the one window Trundle can get an advantage on you because he actually wins trades then and you don't have tools to force extended fights, if you just walk into auto range then auto W you're gonna lose lol

Hard

Banned
I mean if Darius really wants to start an extended fight he's kind of forced to use his pull ofc Trundle don't want none at 6 but if Darius hasn't gotten any kills and we're getting pretty close to end of lane phase its gg

Then Trundle just uses pillar or W and walks away maybe Darius can Q but again but don't wanna push the wave

all Trundle has to do is not lose

So Nasus can farm even easier ^_^

I love Darius into Nasus. 100% of the time Nasus rushes Frozen Heart, and the true damage from dunk just messes them up :^)

remist

Top leashes piss me off, you can go bot and have TWO people safely AA to help you without them losing health or mana but you decided to ask, no, DEMAND I waste my time and mana and maybe health with a champ who may not even hit hard at level 1. Had a Eve say "Fuck you" after spam pinging for a leash and not being happy with it. I'm thinking "Bitch, I'm Sion, I gave you a E stun into the wall and 3 autos which may have made me miss out on 2 minions worth of EXP if I didn't run away right then ... the fuck else you want?"). You wait for him to pop his Q and once he does you dodge and engage or rush him and engage.

I start top most of the time just in case bot wants to do the camp. They only take it like 1 out of 5 games in my elo, but when they do it usually means they know what theyre doing and take advantage of the early level advantage.

jerd

petexx : yo jerd who u playin top?
petexx : nvm, was gunna be ******* STOKED if you could grab zed
jerdpen GAF: ah
petexx : but this guys an fricken idiot
jerdpen GAF: yeah idk
petexx : im a zed 1 trick
petexx : 48% winrate over 500 games

Not entirely sure what to make of this

Leezard

Those times when an OTP isn't even good at his one trick.

In season 2 one of my friends had 400 games on Tristana in Bronze.

Leezard

rule of thumb

if you hit like 50 games with one character and you haven't moved from your rank

maybe it's time to pick something else
Pretty much. It's fine if it's still in a learning curve like old Azir when you needed 50+ games to be really good at him, but if you've played 500 games of Zed you're probably not getting any better.
loves

overwatch is pretty good
I think I'm gonna give it a try during the open beta. I've not been much for TF2 back in the day but eh, maybe I'll like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I'm gonna give it a try during the open beta. I've not been much for TF2 back in the day but eh, maybe I'll like it.
it kind of feels closer to league than tf2 to me

like it's a lot about managing ability cooldowns and aiming and every champion is like really unique, i really like it

also cute girls

tracer is the beeeeeeeeeeest~

Tizoc

Prospects look good

Very good

Probably one of the best champions once you get Cata, huge power spike at 6. Maxxing Q first will be standard since the E buff. Farming will become much easier.

Far as build paths go, Rod of Ages>Liandry>Rylai/Hourglass still viable or should one go Abyssal/Hourglass after RoA?

Leezard

it kind of feels closer to league than tf2 to me

like it's a lot about managing ability cooldowns and aiming and every champion is like really unique, i really like it

also cute girls

tracer is the beeeeeeeeeeest~

Cool. I hope it will be fun.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Any euw folks can get me an invite to the gaf club?

Banzai

I haven't played in a few weeks, was Nautilus hit by any patches? Just got the AstroNautilus skin though chests and stuff.

Naut isn't really a must-pick in competitive or solo-queue anymore but he's still pretty good. I think riptide damage got toned back but that doesn't stop him from having great initiation and great tankiness. Also since when do we have so many top laners in this thread?

patchday

loves

overwatch is pretty good

yeah I was going to play ranked in League last night but next thing you know I'm back in Overwatch

cant wait til it releases.

I really do love LoL though so still will try to play during weekend warrior and some nights

Hard

Banned
Gonna try and finish my silver promos tonight before the MYMU hits tommorrow. Anyone wanna help out?

Also since when do we have so many top laners in this thread?

All the other laners are asleep methinks.

I think Zky plays mid, Bacon & Stone play ADC, Newt & Ghost are a bot lane duo, and Breezy & jerd play top. We have a surprising lack of jungle mains.

I played ADC Season 4 (when I first started playing), sucked, and moved to Top. I like playing tanks in moba and diving squishy carries, it's fun.

Bacon

Fracas is adc main as well I think. These last couple days have really made me reconsider my decision to solely focus on the adc role. Tough games where assassins get fed as hell and are able to just 100-0 me before I can even think of hitting qss.

Top Bottom