• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

There's no reason why you can't. We hire animators of all levels. Make some kickass stuff in your spare time and apply. If you really want it and you have the ability for it, no reason not to aim for it.

I was (am still) a very junior writer. I'm 23, I got my job at Riot right after I finished college. I have the game knowledge and potential, and I'm willing to take feedback, recognise how junior I am and what I can and need to learn, and I was a fit culturally so they hired me. I've already learned so much since I started at Riot and still have a long way to go.

I wish you every success if you decide to go for it :)
Thanks for the info!
Def need to get back into making some more stuff for my reel.

We already have Malphite, why do we need two rock-themed tanks?
Malphite is a big ol PoS that blows his ult and become pretty useless after that. I use to fear him top ... until I picked up Trundle and saw just how "Meh" he is.

Plus, I wouldn't consider him a tank MAGE.

(she's not a tank)
My heart :'(

Just .. please not Support. I can live with adding yet another Mage to my mid lane "try em out" back log (Just started Malzahar .. like him but it seems he's gonna be pretty damn different soon. Next are Zyra and Cass.)

she is very much a zkylon champion

cSyHoGN.gif

pigeon

Banned
Wow, I'm super hyped for this champion. I never knew I wanted to play an Avatar character in League until this moment.

Costy please talk to the design folk and ask them to stop putting all the cool champions in midlane for the high mechanics players. Us natural bronze players need love too.

Dr. Buni

You know, for the huge amount of garbage character design there is in League of Legends, I have to applaud Riot for vastly improving the designs with the newer characters. Ekko, Bard, Kindred (goddamn I love Kindred) and now Taliyah. They all look awesome.

I hope Riot doesn't change anything about Taliyah's design due to all the whining.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, aurelion isn't really a mechanically demanding champion, he's just weird

syndra just got super dumbed down

what else u want!

i mostly wanna see where the mage rework stuff leaves ori

i feel like ori has been more trouble than she's worth for a while and could use some slight tweaks/buffs, even if she seems to be doing alright in competitive

zkylon

zkylewd
You know, for the huge amount of garbage character design there is in League of Legends, I have to applaud Riot for vastly improving the designs with the newer characters. Ekko, Bard, Kindred (goddamn I love Kindred) and now Taliyah. They all look awesome.
i think most of the bad designs are really old, at least two years old

i think i started playing on leona patch and ever since most of the designs have been great

I hope Riot doesn't change anything about Taliyah's design due to all the whining.
there's been whining?

Leezard

i think most of the bad designs are really old, at least two years old

i think i started playing on leona patch and ever since most of the designs have been great
Leona patch huh. You still got the bunch of Darius, Talon, Wukong, Shyvana, Volibear, Skarner etc Season 2 stuff, though you didn't have to live through the Xin Zhao Irelia Yorick release. But yeah, most of the bad ones are the really old ones.

I think most designs since around the time of Zed have been great.

There's like Aatrox and Quinn among the worst ones after Zed, but there's mostly nice champions.

Zed was released 2012-11-13. That's a long time ago.

pigeon

Banned
i mean, aurelion isn't really a mechanically demanding champion, he's just weird

syndra just got super dumbed down

what else u want!

Still can't take them toplane!

Actually I still think you could take Sol top lane, but nobody who's actually good seems to agree with me.

Hard

Banned
I started playing around the Lucian release methinks.

It's crazy how strong he still is to this day. What a well designed champion.

Still can't take them toplane!

Actually I still think you could take Sol top lane, but nobody who's actually good seems to agree with me.

You can take nearly any champ top lane tbh, if you know how to play the matchup. I've seen Bard top, Braum top, Annie top, AP Alistar top, Akali top, Xerath top (ugh), the works.

Though I'd prefer that mid laners and ADC stay in mid and bot like they belong

In fact we should build a wall around top lane and bring it back to the good old 1v1 laning paradise. Top laners are allowed to come and go as they please, Junglers are allowed temporary access for ganks and guarding turrets

zkylon

zkylewd
New champions are pretty much whine free. The only "whining" I've seen are playful jabs about her nose.

is there like a full picture of her yet? haven't really watched the video but would love a screencap

Leona patch huh. You still got the bunch of Darius, Talon, Wukong, Shyvana, Volibear, Skarner etc Season 2 stuff, though you didn't have to live through the Xin Zhao Irelia Yorick release. But yeah, most of the bad ones are the really old ones.

I think most designs since around the time of Zed have been great.

There's like Aatrox and Quinn among the worst ones after Zed, but there's mostly nice champions.

Zed was released 2012-11-13. That's a long time ago.
yeah i think it was leona or lulu that i started on

i know for sure leona was in cos she was the third champion i played (my first two were malph and graves, who would've thunk)

there's been a few lame champions like reksai and aatrox and the whole zeronis age of identical boobs but i think there's been far more that been great. maybe not appealing to everyone, i don't particularly care for yasuo or zed, but i love azir and jinx and the poppy rework and stuff

Riot, you had one job. Making a champion that had zero appeal to Zkylon. You did so well on Illaoi. Whyyyy
idk why u keep thinking so, i like illaweewee

she's no fat vi from overwatch but she's cool

just not my champion cos she's like a bruiser type thing

Tizoc

What're the chances her abilities include knock ups? I mean her story had her bein acquainted with Yasuo :V

playing ranked is so frustrating recently, always seems like im vsing premade 3s or 4s. They are so much more coordinated compared to my team we end up getting destroyed by their rotations. Silver use to be so simple

Manus

Love seeing Kindred love I think her and Aatrox are the best looking champions in the game.

Blizzard

Banned
It doesn't happen often, but I -really- enjoy when someone talks smack in allchat and loses.

Azir was being crazy aggressive and said something like "ez mid haha". Then he lost.

ezdnbzg.png

It was particularly vindicating because I got mid in the lobby but the Ryze was asking me to switch. I turned them down. Ryze proceeded to usually split from the team, complain a lot, and say that they're "taking our base" or something the instant before we took 3 towers, an inhib, and the nexus to end the game. And I got +2 teamwork and people were following my calls and the (good) jungler made fun of Ryze.

Calvero

Banned
It feels even better when it's 4v5 and someone on the enemy team proceed to shit talk the whole game, only to shut up and not say a word once we push into nexus and take the game. Then they instantly leave the post game lobby.

Nekofrog

Banned
It was particularly vindicating because I got mid in the lobby but the Ryze was asking me to switch. I turned them down. Ryze proceeded to usually split from the team, complain a lot, and say that they're "taking our base" or something the instant before we took 3 towers, an inhib, and the nexus to end the game. And I got +2 teamwork and people were following my calls and the (good) jungler made fun of Ryze.

that feel when there's a guy who prioritizes stopping the 1 person on the enemy team splitpushing your inner turret when you just killed the other 4 near their base and can fast push for inhib and nexus tower(s) and even possibly win but two people want to go back and stop 1 guy from taking 1 tower

It feels even better when it's 4v5 and someone on the enemy team proceed to shit talk the whole game, only to shut up and not say a word once we push into nexus and take the game. Then they instantly leave the post game lobby.
This is really spiteful and shitty, but if they grind my gears enough I send a friend request for people like this. And if they are dumb enough to answer, I message "I owned your ass, noob" or something equally childish. Then I immediately ignore. As dumb as it is, I know it probably pisses them off. And that's all I need to smile.

Hard

Banned
Renekton (me) vs. Heimerdinger

Spend the first 5 minutes getting constantly pushed in

Slowly build up fury

Level 4, I'm @ 100 Fury

He throws out his grenade stun, it misses

I promptly all-in and get the kill

Heimer: mb
Heimer: forgot ren is ez

giphy.gif

Blizzard

Banned
that feel when there's a guy who prioritizes stopping the 1 person on the enemy team splitpushing your inner turret when you just killed the other 4 near their base and can fast push for inhib and nexus tower(s) and even possibly win but two people want to go back and stop 1 guy from taking 1 tower
That was almost the exact situation. Jinx + Azir (or something like that) were pushing our inner tower, and Ryze died fighting 1v2. It was actually a good move since it stalled those two, but I just said "stay they chicken out".

Sure enough, 2 of them came to try to stop our bot tower push, and the 4 of us rolled the towers and nexus. I think even if they'd pushed mid inhib tower, we might have outpushed.

garath

Finally get to play and I play like poop. I'd like to say the shaco support was the reason we lost but I sure played bad myself.

Bad play aside, I'm literally seeing the winning teams in champ select most of the time. I might have to start hard dodging.

patchday

This is really spiteful and shitty, but if they grind my gears enough I send a friend request for people like this. And if they are dumb enough to answer, I message "I owned your ass, noob" or something equally childish. Then I immediately ignore. As dumb as it is, I know it probably pisses them off. And that's all I need to smile.

don't do that. After match is over it's time to move on. They'd have to be an afker/feeder straight up for me to remember them (only because those are the ones I bother to report)

edit--->

bodied their top yasuo so hard all game

felt good

Been itching to play Ekko but he gets banned so regular

How is darius right now, because usually when ever i see him he just destroys people. Maybe that is because it is silver/gold and people dont know how to play against him.

zkylon

zkylewd
No full picture yet
it's not so bad, i think it could be toned down a bit but i'm not against more unique facial features

from the video i guess she has some sort of mobility spell for her rock skating thing? that sounds cool

i liked her voice and her outfit, the face is alright, the straight nose looks a bit silly and maybe should be toned down a bit but idk, i like that she looks more unique and i like that she's not (totally) white

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
How is darius right now, because usually when ever i see him he just destroys people. Maybe that is because it is silver/gold and people dont know how to play against him.

i played against two dariuses recently as ekko

first time i got destroyed because he's an absolute lane bully if you don't know what you're doing against him

next time i just played it really safe till i got sunfire and iceborn, and just stopped him from snowballing, so we won

Been itching to play Ekko but he gets banned so regular

he's still banned most of the time even down in bronze ;___;

Hard

Banned

The biggest Nasus counterpick. Absolutely trashes most hyperscaling tanks in lane (Nasus, Rammus, Nautilus, Poppy, Gragas, Illaoi, etc.). Struggles mightily against ranged ADs and champs with dashes (Riven, Quinn, Graves, Kayle, etc.). Also sustained trade fighters can beat him as well (Aatrox, Voli, Trundle). Can carry team-fights if he can get good positioning on Q and resets with his ult. Lack of mobility makes him easily kited, and a huge gank target early on. Better as a counter-pick than a first pick.

He'll crap on you if you don't know what you're doing, so be careful.

Top Bottom