• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

if it deals dmg then i'm cool with it, has two distinct uses and if you're using it for mobility around the map you're opting out on dmg and that's a decent tradeoff if the rest of the kit doesn't overcompensate

i wanna see video of how her q zone works

I actually take back what i said I didn't realize it looks like it creates impassible terrain so i guess it's possible that it doesn't do damage

clemenx

Banned
Theye need to give some damage back to Syndra. I don't know how much easier it is now to pull off but they shouldn't gate her damage into hitting max balls ultimates.

Quonny

Just judging from her kit with no numbers or anything it looks like she'll be a monster around places like Baron and Dragon, where hectic teamfights break out. Throw the ult to cut off an exit point, throw down a Q and E and watch the chaos. If the enemy is near your wall, throw them on the other side with her W.

I'm going to guess the second burst of damage on her E does quite a bit because it has such a large charge time.

But outside of that I'm a bit worried for her.

Malphite counters her hilarious

She seems ok. Kinda sad that Aurelion is made obsolete now that she has his fly over the map/speed up skill as her passive(Just not over the map but to sidelanes)

Her little spring trap will be alot harder to use in practice, so I can see people being turned off by her simpy because of that.

Her ult is interesting. Kinda like Thralls Fissure in HotS but with the caveat that she can travel with it. It doesn't mention if it stuns/knocks back so a weaker version as well(She'd be great if her ult did knock back/knock aside).

Her Q is interesting...5 skillshots in quick succession, not piercing from the looks of it.

She has a little bit of everything, no real synergy with her kit(Like Syndra or Cass), but individually she has some interesting CC utility.

I can see her as a support damage mage, since her little spring trap will make killing an opposing laner easy in bot, but because she has no real stun she won't be great for that...

Hrm. Not feeling it. Like Aurelion, she looks to have a boring kit for a concept like 'Earthbender'.

zkylon

zkylewd

these don't sound great. the e buff looks cool but that's about it, auras having even less range is uhh idk

the auras stuff, i think that's just more trouble than it's worth

I actually take back what i said I didn't realize it looks like it creates impassible terrain so i guess it's possible that it doesn't do damage
if it does then that's cool too

i'm mostly scared when champions have non combat abilities cos that makes the rest of their kit compensate and that's tricky to balance. and if she had non combat ult and non combat passive then that's a lot of responsibilty on her q, w and e to make her a good teamfighter. but if it creates impassable terrain that's like anivia wall and there's a lot of combat uses for that

i like it cos her kit looks 100% midlaner. she has stuff that you can't get away with in other lanes cos you get punished too hard, but since mid's easier she gets to have some weirdo stuff, i like that

Theye need to give some damage back to Syndra. I don't know how much easier it is now to pull off but they shouldn't gate her damage into hitting max balls ultimates.
??

her dmg is about the same dood, she only lost like 20 base dmg on her q against champions (admittedly not a small nerf but super easy 7 ball ults man)

jerd

Woah her Q is actually weaker if you've used it in that area in the past few minutes that's pretty interesting. Definitely wants you to roam. That must be what costy meant when he said she has a mechanic that makes her weaker in the jungle bc all your camps would be on worked ground

Hard

Banned
Fizz is getting bans for the next few weeks when that skin drops.

Fizz is just un-fun to deal with, and I don't want them shitting up my games.

in other news:

C L E A V E R B U F F S

Thank Yeezy, this is going to make dealing with tank tops early so much easier now that bruisers and bullies can hit their first item power spikes around the same time tanks can rush their first armor item. Makes me rock hard. The days of me killing Nasus 2 times in lane and him coming back with a Frozen Heart before I get my Cleaver are finally over.

S U N F I R E N E R F S

Fuck that item.

Also glad about the MYMU because there are going to be a lot more "Mid Mains" which will make getting top a lot easier.

Woah her Q is actually weaker if you've used it in that area in the past few minutes that's pretty interesting. Definitely wants you to roam. That must be what costy meant when he said she has a mechanic that makes her weaker in the jungle bc all your camps would be on worked ground

That's...not a good thing. Laning is essential in League. It's not like HotS where you can have someone just roam because the experience is team earned.

So if she can't jungle, and her skills seem to favor roaming.....she has no place in League aside from Mid. Even Bard has a mechanic to gain experience while roaming. And as a mid, I wouldn't favor her as a pick because like you said, her Q is weaker if used in the area as well as her W-E being extremely situational. E is good for ganks, but that's situational..

jerd

That's...not a good thing. Laning is essential in League. It's not like HotS where you can have someone just roam because the experience is team earned.

So if she can't jungle, and her skills seem to favor roaming.....she has no place in League aside from Mid. Even Bard has a mechanic to gain experience while roaming. And as a mid, I wouldn't favor her as a pick because like you said, her Q is weaker if used in the area as well as her W-E being extremely situational. E is good for ganks, but that's situational..

Eh weaker doesn't mean worthless. It might just be really strong when you use it outside of worked ground. We'll have to wait and see

YYPhxcc.png

Eh weaker doesn't mean worthless. It might just be really strong when you use it outside of worked ground. We'll have to wait and see

But the intent is there, that is the intent of making her into a roamer. Which again, in League losing 1-2 waves of minions just to gank bot or top with her wall surfing ability is counter-intuitive to Leagues beginning phase, that is laning.

As a jungler, it would make sense. It would encourage ganking. And unless her ratios are insane for Q, or the primary damage when used the first time is ridiculous, I don't see how having a weaker Q after a while is a positive design for a champion~

I'll have to look at the numbers on that and her W, but I don't think she'll be a great mid.

Hard

Banned
Somehow they found a way to make Lamb booty even more powerful wipes forehead

Can't wait to try this on PBE if I get a chance tonight.

Gotta finish my promo series.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
what's the point of making her q unusable in the same area for that long? she'd be an awesome jungler otherwise maybe

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
all those patch changes, overwhelming to be honest

I thank the sweet lord i lucked into my diamond promos now

jerd

what's the point of making her q unusable in the same area for that long? she'd be an awesome jungler otherwise maybe

Definitely need to wait and see the base damage alone dealt about 700 damage to the xerath with the charged version so I'd imagine the single shot is a weak to average skillshot

all those patch changes, overwhelming to be honest

I thank the sweet lord i lucked into my diamond promos now

yeah i've been cruising lately but im definitely going to stick to norms til i get used to all these changes

... Welp, I love what I see with this champ (other then E ... jus seems kinda awkward in both shape and use).

Gonna say she can be a toplane mage :v

Another Shyvana skin? Oh boy.

~~~

And Taliyahs R is bad design.

In conjunction with her passive, it overrides her passive completely. They say her passive is good for roaming and ganking...but unless you plan on ganking alot pre-6, there's no reason not to use her ultimate as a much better, faster ganking tool than her wall-surfing. That isn't great design. If you're 6, you're going to favor breaking out her ultimate more than surfing along the wall when you're half way to your targets lane.

It's...it makes her own passive obsolete when it comes to ganks post-6(Unless you plan on ganking a lane constantly after you pop your ult, but this is counter-intuitive to laning unless you're very successful in your ganks after the initial gank..failed.)

It doesn't sit well with me. It negates her own passive when it comes to travelling quickly for a gank or to help a teammate. It's useful pre-6 and if your ult is down, but every time after that you're going to favor your ultimate to gank, rendering her passive useless.

To make an analogy, it's like if Leblancs ult was to create 3 duplicates instead of her usual 1 from her passive. It wouldn't be fun to have a worse ultimate as a passive, or vice versa, a stronger passive as an ultimate.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I take it all of these changes are excluded from msi? though it would be hilarious if not

Sona's had so many reworks that they may as well select a random past incarnation and see how it goes in the current meta.

They never actually fix the issues with her.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Another Shyvana skin? Oh boy.

~~~

And Taliyahs R is bad design.

In conjunction with her passive, it overrides her passive completely. They say her passive is good for roaming and ganking...but unless you plan on ganking alot pre-6, there's no reason not to use her ultimate as a much better, faster ganking tool than her wall-surfing. That isn't great design. If you're 6, you're going to favor breaking out her ultimate more than surfing along the wall when you're half way to your targets lane.

It's...it makes her own passive obsolete when it comes to ganks post-6(Unless you plan on ganking a lane constantly after you pop your ult, but this is counter-intuitive to laning unless you're very successful in your ganks after the initial gank..failed.)

It doesn't sit well with me. It negates her own passive when it comes to travelling quickly for a gank or to help a teammate. It's useful pre-6 and if your ult is down, but every time after that you're going to favor your ultimate to gank, rendering her passive useless.

To make an analogy, it's like if Leblancs ult was to create 3 duplicates instead of her usual 1 from her passive. It wouldn't be fun to have a worse ultimate as a passive, or vice versa, a stronger passive as an ultimate.

i wish her passive was just a passive attached to her R, and she had a real passive ability not just "move fast"

i wish her passive was just a passive attached to her R, and she had a real passive ability not just "move fast"

Yeah, that's a great idea.

Like....just thinking something up-

Passive-While Taliyah stays in an area, the earth starts coming under her command. Rocks start lifting up from the ground, and whenever she uses an ability, one of the rocks flies towards the enemy(targeted Skillshot).

Talents

Banned
Riot legit went through with the QSS nerf without any changes to Zed. I think whatever bronzie came up with that idea should be fired truthfully.

clemenx

Banned
The E is probably kinda op. Being able to direct the knock back at will without worrying about positioning seems huge to me. The area seems fairly sized as well.

I actually really like her passive.

I mean, ult's great and everything but it has it's uses and the passive has it's uses as well. Passive gives her general mobility when around walls ... there's soo many ways that can be useful. Running from someone through the JG, chasing someone, getting back to lane faster, ganking and so on. Ult makes a long ass wall that you can ride or jump off of which is great for ganking and team fight control and GTFO button and so on. But it's an ult, unless it's on a really low CD you're likely gonna wanna hold onto it (I mean, I use Sion's Ult to GTFO all the time late game ... when I have decent CDR. Before then it's a painful choice and I play it mostly by how things are going. Going my way? I can ult to run them down. Not going my way? I can maybe GTFO with ult if it's up).

I guess I can see the reason for people wanting her passive to be her ult's passive but I really don't have a problem with it the way it is. The passive gives her more room to be a control mage by giving her the ability to move around easier from the start imo.

We shall see though.

It will probably make her more fun to play at least.

Large movespeed boost on E is fantastic, and much better than it is right now.

We'll see if the smaller aura radius hurts too much.
I think it won't be too much of an issue, especially since she can actually keep up now

Leezard

SLOW AMOUNT 30/35/40/45/50% ⇒ 30% at all ranks
REJUVENATION MOVEMENT SPEED 15% ⇒ 10%
REMOVEDSTARCALLER’S BLESSING Rejuvenation no longer refreshes Windspeaker’s Blessing

Nice Raka nerfs.

Hard

Banned
When we launched Champion Mastery, our goal was to recognize you for playing the champs you love, and give you feedback on how well you play them. We tackled the first part with Champion Mastery ranks (levels), and implemented the second with the grade system shown at the end of game screen.

Now we’re excited to add another dimension to leveling up with the system, with a higher emphasis on demonstrating your actual mastery of your favorite champs. With new requirements in order to earn them, Mastery Levels 6 and 7 show off your skill as well as your dedication.

Champion Mastery Level 6
- First, demonstrate your familiarity with a champ by reaching Mastery Level 5
- Once you’re Level 5 with a champion, the next time you earn an S- or higher in a champ mastery-enabled queue, you’ll unlock a Mastery token for that champion
- Using Hextech Crafting, combine 2 Mastery tokens with a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ, OR 500 blue essence, to unlock Level 6

Champion Mastery Level 7
- Once you’ve earned Mastery Level 6 on champion, you can no longer earn Renown tokens for that champ with S- grades, but...
- The next time you earn an S or higher in a champ mastery-enabled queue, you’ll unlock a new Mastery token for that specific champ
- Using Hextech Crafting, combine 3 Mastery tokens with a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ, OR 600 blue essence, to unlock Level 7

image.php

Throwing more RNG into champ skill, sigh.

EDIT: At least it's not all bad.

We structured the performance requirement and cost in this way in order to ensure this builds on the former system, rewarding a combination of skill and participation. As you rank up, you’ll unlock new mastery badge emotes, new loading screen border flags, and the announcement banner upgrade to indicate your higher skill.

To make it easier to unlock the level once you’ve earned your Renown tokens, we’re adding a mystery coin that yields a random champ shards that’ll be available for your choice of IP or RP. The mystery coin and Champion Mastery levels are only some of ways we’re expanding the value of shards and loot (especially for players who already own every champion), and we’ll keep looking for more.

Top Bottom