• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

ADC in solo Q right now is basically Lucian Vs Ezreal Dawn of Tanks. You either pick them, one of the sololane/jungle ADCs or you just lube up.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah I play almost exclusively ADC.

This meta is hard, but at least it forces me to position better.

ADC in solo Q right now is basically Lucian Vs Ezreal Dawn of Tanks. You either pick them, one of the sololane/jungle ADCs or you just lube up.

I personally feel that this is one of the most balanced ADC classes I've seen. Almost all of them are viable.

Talents

Banned
I thought you needed to be friends with someone to message them? This guy added me a few days ago but I didn't accept. Now he's messaging me even though I didn't accept his friend request. wat

I also have absolutely no clue how he found me either, I've never played with him. At least not in the past 30 days.

I personally feel that this is one of the most balanced ADC classes I've seen. Almost all of them are viable.

not according to the challenger/master players. lucian, cait and a few others were specifically mentioned by mr. doublelift as a clear cut above. As in, "I'd like to play Vayne, but I want to win so I'm picking Lucian."

ymmv depending on elo, of course.

garath

Gonna try and finish my silver promos tonight before the MYMU hits tommorrow. Anyone wanna help out?

All the other laners are asleep methinks.

I think Zky plays mid, Bacon & Stone play ADC, Newt & Ghost are a bot lane duo, and Breezy & jerd play top. We have a surprising lack of jungle mains.

I played ADC Season 4 (when I first started playing), sucked, and moved to Top. I like playing tanks in moba and diving squishy carries, it's fun.

I'm playing mid and top, not ADC. Garath and drawkcaB are jungle mains and I think Breakfasts too? Or was it top idk

Yeah. I'm a jungle/ashe main. I was going to say jungle/adc but really I've turned my secondary role into ashe OTP. I still maintain a 60% winrate with her give or take so I'll take it.

Jungle is rough to me right now though. I think I need to scrap everyone and work on some new junglers. Even volibear who is so strong I'm just not winning with him.

I think I need to bring back some Vi and Eve and maybe learn some gragas.

They're balanced in relation to each other, the problem is the rest of the game. Lategame ADCs are irrelevant in solo Q, why pick Jinx and be a burden for most of the game when you can pick Lucian and have a say in the match all game?

I am the opposite

I am scared of new things. i like consistency and familiarity.

I will not go far in life, I realised.
Lol. Yeah it is a bad thing for ranked cause i get bored of the champs im good with and i will try something im ok with and just not do as a good as i would if i played something i was better with.

Fracas

#fuckonami
They're balanced in relation to each other, the problem is the rest of the game. Lategame ADCs are irrelevant in solo Q, why pick Jinx and be a burden for most of the game when you can pick Lucian and have a say in the match all game?

Oh yeah for sure, the meta favors casters a bit right now. And I think Jinx is just average right now (I'm mostly just salty about the Q nerf). But I feel other carries like Cait, Twitch, Rageblade Trist, Sivir and even Ashe are really strong. Lucian and Ezreal are safe choices though, and for good reason. Mobility is valued in the iceborne/sunfire meta.

Maybe I'm just a gold scrub, I dunno.

patchday

Wow I just dont think I'll ever get a good rank then if people got time to do 50 ranked matches on the same character. My total ranked matches this season is a little above that. I'm really enjoying playing mid/jungle

My time away from LoL as I played other newer MOBAs (Paragon & Battleborn betas) convinced me to appreciate what I already have. There's no random cards or loot I gotta grind for. Yeah runes suck nutz but I've already overcome that grind

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow I just dont think I'll ever get a good rank then if people got time to do 50 ranked matches on the same character. My total ranked matches this season is a little above that. I'm really enjoying playing mid/jungle

My time away from LoL as I played other newer MOBAs (Paragon & Battleborn betas) convinced me to appreciate what I already have. There's no random cards or loot I gotta grind for. Yeah runes suck nutz but I've already overcome that grind

What do you consider a good rank?

zkylon

zkylewd
So Taliyah's kit is showing up on PBE today?
i think it's very likely since tonight's 6.9

finally got around reading her lore bit (and taric's)

they're both really good, her relationship with yasuo is kind of adorable and she's set up to be total badass if she can control her power. i wonder if she'll either have a mechanic about her abilities being hard to control, or her in-game character will be a bit older, having mastered her rock magic

taric's story is pretty alright too, a bit simple but i like that they set up some rivalry between him and garen

zkylon

zkylewd
the things i got from the story:
- she has trouble controlling her power
- she's got a sling as a weapon, tho it sounded like when she becomes mega mage she'll just shoot stones with her MIND
- she can summon like earthquakes or something like that
- she can do gravel magic stuff that might be a snare or something in the game (maybe terrain related? doesn't affect you if you're in brush/river)
- from the picture at the end she can like rock skate or something?

now if she had a star guardian launch skin, that'd be alright

zkylon

zkylewd
pls be adc

the sling made me think adc but she's openly spoken of as a mage so i'm guessing not

which i like cos most of the mages in league are very "mage-y", like spells and wizards and magic wands and stuff

she's like an geomancer from final fantasy tactics, she draws power from natural sources, something like that

Probably Gold rank I think? It would probably be really easy to hit I'd guess if I could string together some wins
honestly getting g1 is pretty easy if u specialize. play easier champions (no azir, no yasuo), play fewer champions (maybe have like 3 in your main role? they're never all three gonna get banned) and just slowly smooth out your bad habits. die less, farm better, etc.

like g1 feels to me like all you got to do is hone the basics and don't try anything fancy

patchday

honestly getting g1 is pretty easy if u specialize. play easier champions (no azir, no yasuo), play fewer champions (maybe have like 3 in your main role? they're never all three gonna get banned) and just slowly smooth out your bad habits. die less, farm better, etc.

like g1 feels to me like all you got to do is hone the basics and don't try anything fancy

Thanks! I guess I'll just keep using Diana for mid/jg.

(I'd like to get Ekko up to speed too; and maybe Karma since I love her)

jerd

http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-reveal-taliyah-stoneweaver

Here she is. Looks cool

PoeDCoV.jpg

clemenx

Banned
Isn't Aurelion's Sol whole E basically her Ulti and Passive?? Just adding walls. Unless I'm not reading well.

She looks extremely cool looks wise. I think my favorite recent champ easily.

jerd

Isn't Aurelion's Sol whole E basically her Ulti and Passive?? Just adding walls. Unless I'm not reading well.

She looks extremely cool looks wise. I think my favorite recent champ easily.

Yeah i thought her passive was kinda lame. Her ult though i think you only dash on it if you reactivate it so it can be just in line damage if you want

zkylon

zkylewd
ok her w is literally the spell i was thinking of for ages, springboard thingie straight out of deception 3, but i always felt like it'd be super broken to give a mage something similar to a blitzcrank aoe hook. my version flung you through the air and you stopped on the first thing u hit so a tank could bodyblock it and you couldn't go over walls but if u hit something while in the air u get stunned so, u know, something like that.

i like her q, looks really satisfying to use, kind of like a syndra ult skillshot.

her e is weird, video doesn't demonstrate that anti-dash stuff but it seems interesting

the ult looks awesome but i'm a fan of big explosive spell ults so not really my thing. i'm guessing you'll run her with tp and provide a shit ton of map pressure just cos it's impossible to outroam you, specially with the passive.

i'm not sure if the ult deals dmg, if it doesn't she has an out of combat passive and ult, which is maybe a bit much since she doesn't seem to be an assassin or a big teamfighter. her q cd is probably really short

i like her, she's got some unique stuff but i feel like she'll be easy to pick up and she looks great, her animations specially.

Quonny

Not sure if I feel the kit.

Passive is pretty boring. Her Q and E actively work against each other. She can't sit somewhere and spam Q's because of the worked ground, but her E has such a long second component that you WANT people to stay still. Her W is really cool and could make for some big plays, but her ult being interrupted by damage (at least the surfing part) seems like a weird choice.

I dunno. She could be good, but she kinda seems like she's all over the place.

jerd

ok her w is literally the spell i was thinking of for ages, springboard thingie straight out of deception 3, but i always felt like it'd be super broken to give a mage something similar to a blitzcrank aoe hook. my version flung you through the air and you stopped on the first thing u hit so a tank could bodyblock it and you couldn't go over walls but if u hit something while in the air u get stunned so, u know, something like that.

i like her q, looks really satisfying to use, kind of like a syndra ult skillshot.

her e is weird, video doesn't demonstrate that anti-dash stuff but it seems interesting

the ult looks awesome but i'm a fan of big explosive spell ults so not really my thing. i'm guessing you'll run her with tp and provide a shit ton of map pressure just cos it's impossible to outroam you, specially with the passive.

i'm not sure if the ult deals dmg, if it doesn't she has an out of combat passive and ult, which is maybe a bit much since she doesn't seem to be an assassin or a big teamfighter. her q cd is probably really short

i like her, she's got some unique stuff but i feel like she'll be easy to pick up and she looks great, her animations specially.

Almost guaranteed that it does since you only dash on it if you reactivate

Oh my god though that kindred skin

clemenx

Banned
Oh, if her ult does damage when not used for mobility works for me. I didn't think it did just with reading the description.

I can only buy so many Fizz skins.

Not sure if I feel the kit.

Passive is pretty boring. Her Q and E actively work against each other. She can't sit somewhere and spam Q's because of the worked ground, but her E has such a long second component that you WANT people to stay still. Her W is really cool and could make for some big plays, but her ult being interrupted by damage (at least the surfing part) seems like a weird choice.

I dunno. She could be good, but she kinda seems like she's all over the place.

So we got another poppy?

garath

Depending on how long that wall from her ult lasts she could also cast it to block or split a team and then surf along it to join the fight quickly. Riding it works but it'll stop if she takes damage.

I hope she can jungle. Looks like a fun champ.

TheFlow

Banned
League went full on Earth bender and I fucking love it. TY you riot for delivering.

it looks like she would work best top and bot but I will let yah fill me in

Freljord Taliyah

fuckkk yes! this has potential to be one of the best launch skins.

zkylon

zkylewd
patchnotes: http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-69-notes (is it just me or are the patchnotes now in dark mode? if so, nice)

there's also a super galaxy shiv

i don't see the gurren lagann in these skins tho

Almost guaranteed that it does since you only dash on it if you reactivate

Oh my god though that kindred skin

if it deals dmg then i'm cool with it, has two distinct uses and if you're using it for mobility around the map you're opting out on dmg and that's a decent tradeoff if the rest of the kit doesn't overcompensate

i wanna see video of how her q zone works

Top Bottom